George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George's Sonning garden flooded again......... EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George's Sonning garden flooded again......... EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George's Sonning garden flooded again......... EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George's Sonning garden flooded again......... EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George's Sonning garden flooded again......... EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George's Sonning garden flooded again......... EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George's Sonning garden flooded again......... EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George's Sonning garden flooded again......... EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George's Sonning garden flooded again......... EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George's Sonning garden flooded again.........

3 posters

Go down

George's Sonning garden flooded again......... Empty George's Sonning garden flooded again.........

Post by party animal - not! Tue 17 Jan 2023, 17:27

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

George's Sonning garden flooded again......... Empty Re: George's Sonning garden flooded again.........

Post by PigPen Tue 17 Jan 2023, 18:24

Probably yet another reason he wants to live in France.   If he were to sell the Sonning estate, I wonder if he'd have to take a great $$$ loss-  this is not the first time he's had flooding issues, and each  has been highly publicized because of his ownership.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

George's Sonning garden flooded again......... Empty Re: George's Sonning garden flooded again.........

Post by party animal - not! Tue 17 Jan 2023, 20:33

You're right. But I guess when you live on an island in the middle of the Thames with branches of the river either side of the property and then global warming amounts of rain hit over many many weeks,not surprising really.

Interesting how they've engineered the house extensions to the left of the main house to be quite a lot above the lawn - and likely rainfall!

I imagine impossible to lose on the value of the house considering how much they've done to it - and it's definitely helped their security

party animal - not!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 27 Jan 2023, 02:55

I wonder if there would be many buyers, given the value of the house and knowing that flooding like this is likely to be a recurring problem. It must cost a small fortune to repair the flood damage and doing it over and over could be very off-putting.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 27 Jan 2023, 16:37

Why didn't George know about this before he purchased the property.    Surely he and his lawyers researched the land before he made an offer??!!

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 27 Jan 2023, 17:30

PP - I'm guessing he knew there was a flooding problem, but didn't expect it would be this bad. If I remember correctly, they did some work on the garden to minimize the risk and keep the water away from the house. I guess there was no way they could know about global warming and the severity and frequency of the floods to come.

PAN - Is the theatre at The Mill as flooded as George's property? If it is, I wonder if George will help them out again.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 27 Jan 2023, 18:03

In principal he always would, LIzzy.

Here is an article from a couple of days ago in the Fail and it shows the similar state of many other celebrities' homes by the Thames. It has likely been a given when they bought - but in the last ten years we continue doing what we do and global war
warming is now to be expected in all its forms.
The Mill at Sonning seems to be fine - their twitter feed is up to date and after all it's watermill is the supplier of all the electricity it has to put on productions. They are not reliant on Putin's goodwill and gas! 

Let's hope it continues - I am going to see the current production in a couple of weeks!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 27 Jan 2023, 19:31

PAN -Wow! Looks like it doesn't pay to buy a river view mansion! Compared to some of the other houses, George's place doesn't look that bad. 

I hope your luck holds. Seems like the weather there is pretty awful, although I guess we've gotten spoiled by not having a really bad winter for a while. What show are you going to see?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down