George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George's Sonning garden flooded again EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George's Sonning garden flooded again EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George's Sonning garden flooded again EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George's Sonning garden flooded again EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George's Sonning garden flooded again EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George's Sonning garden flooded again EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George's Sonning garden flooded again EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George's Sonning garden flooded again EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George's Sonning garden flooded again EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George's Sonning garden flooded again

3 posters

Go down

George's Sonning garden flooded again Empty George's Sonning garden flooded again

Post by party animal - not! Wed 03 Feb 2021, 14:11

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Apparently they're pumping water out.

Completely get it. The bottom of my garden is a lake and I'm nowhere near a river........!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George's Sonning garden flooded again Empty Re: George's Sonning garden flooded again

Post by LizzyNY Wed 03 Feb 2021, 15:53

Looks like my local newspaper was wrong about the weather in the UK! All that water must be wreaking havoc on the landscaping and all the trees they put in. It can't be doing much good for the foundations of the house either. Seems like you'd need more than one big pump to do much good. Where would the water go?!

PAN, I hope your garden isn't anywhere near as badly flooded as George's. How do you cope? It looks like George needs to get the lifeboats ready!

Just thinking, he's not having any luck this winter. LA has fires and snowstorms. NY has a blizzard. Sonning is flooded. How's the weather in Como? Or maybe they still have property in Cabo? Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George's Sonning garden flooded again Empty Re: George's Sonning garden flooded again

Post by party animal - not! Wed 03 Feb 2021, 16:15

Not really difficult to cope, Lizzy. Just don't go down that far - except to get the birdseed and fill t
the feeders! After all, 10 degrees centigrade or not it is February! Have to say tho, the

multiple numbers and types of birds during lockdown is staggering.......

Como's always attractive but I think Italy is on lockdown as well. That's probably why they

chose to go to Hawaii -

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 03 Feb 2021, 17:40

Hawaii? I thought they were back in the UK. Well, wherever they are I'm sure they're keeping warm and dry. Smile

It's interesting that you're seeing a large variety and number of birds. We rarely see more than pigeons and sparrows - and maybe an occasional crow or starling - but I haven't seen any birds at all since Sunday. I guess the snow chased them away, although that isn't usually the case. I suppose they'll come back when they're ready.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 03 Feb 2021, 18:43

I think Hawaii was just a Christmas holiday.  He's since been back in the UK (according to one of his interviews if I'm not confused).  Not sure if they're still in the UK or back in LA.

BY GEORGE! 
UK weather forecast – George Clooney’s mansion surrounded by floods as torrential rain and snow lashes country

• Claudia Aoraha

• 3 Feb 2021, 15:56

GEORGE Clooney's mansion in Berkshire is surrounded by floods - as torrential rain and snow continues to lash the country.
Severe weather warnings for snow, ice, and rain are in place until next Monday, with up to 20 inches of snow set to fall in Scotland later this week.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[size=21]The Thames bursts its banks at Sonning On Thames, Berkshire, putting George and Amal Clooney's home at risk
[size=16]Credit: chris gorman / big ladder

People walking on a snow-covered road in West YorkshireCredit: Rex Features
Flooding in Oxfordshire today after days of torrents and burst riverbanks Credit: Rex Features[/size][/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 03 Feb 2021, 19:06

Has this kind of extensive flooding always been the case in the area or has it been getting worse - perhaps due to global warming?

I wonder if George knew how bad it could get before he bought the place. If he had seen pictures like these he might have considered it a bad investment.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 04 Feb 2021, 13:45

This is definitely global warming, Lizzy, extremes of any sort in the UK over the last few years.

Records have been broken all the time over the last few years - last year was the hottest year

on record - and routinely records are now being broken. Of course if you buy a house in the

middle of several tributaries of a river you must automatically have been advised by the survey-

ors ahead of purchase what the possible consequences could be. And they've done absolutely

the right thing there by planting many more trees.

I'm definitely with Bette Midler and her more trees and bird feeders for NYC campaign

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 04 Feb 2021, 15:16

PAN - The part of NY where I live has plenty of trees - and usually birds, too - but even in a relatively dry place the weather can have a major impact on the trees. They're especially impacted by heavy rain, as it loosens the soil around the roots and by snow, as it weighs down the branches and can cause them to break off.

I'm thinking George is going to have a major landscaping bill to repair the damage done by the flooding.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 04 Feb 2021, 17:32

Here are the latest pix from The Fail. They had apparently closed the bridge, but the pix of the

welly waders are further down the road........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 05 Feb 2021, 03:01

PAN - What do the colors represent on the "alert" labels? Which is the most serious? Yellow, orange or red?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 07 Feb 2021, 12:32

Good question.  I'd guess red is the highest and yellow is the lowest level.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 07 Feb 2021, 16:59

That was my guess, too. I suppose the color indicates the seriousness of the condition - snow, rain, fog. Maybe there's a color key somewhere else in the paper.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down