George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George helps Eddie Izzard complete his 31 day Marathon Charity Challenge   EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George helps Eddie Izzard complete his 31 day Marathon Charity Challenge   EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George helps Eddie Izzard complete his 31 day Marathon Charity Challenge   EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George helps Eddie Izzard complete his 31 day Marathon Charity Challenge   EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George helps Eddie Izzard complete his 31 day Marathon Charity Challenge   EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George helps Eddie Izzard complete his 31 day Marathon Charity Challenge   EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George helps Eddie Izzard complete his 31 day Marathon Charity Challenge   EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George helps Eddie Izzard complete his 31 day Marathon Charity Challenge   EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George helps Eddie Izzard complete his 31 day Marathon Charity Challenge   EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George helps Eddie Izzard complete his 31 day Marathon Charity Challenge

+2
annemarie
party animal - not!
6 posters

Go down

George helps Eddie Izzard complete his 31 day Marathon Charity Challenge   Empty George helps Eddie Izzard complete his 31 day Marathon Charity Challenge

Post by party animal - not! Mon 01 Feb 2021, 14:56

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George helps Eddie Izzard complete his 31 day Marathon Charity Challenge   Empty Re: George helps Eddie Izzard complete his 31 day Marathon Charity Challenge

Post by annemarie Mon 01 Feb 2021, 16:35

[size=36]George Clooney helps Eddie Izzard complete 31-day marathon challenge[/size]

Published2 hours ago

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]IMAGE COPYRIGHTGETTY IMAGES
[size=11]image captionEddie Izzard completed her marathon challenge with the virtual support of George Clooney
[/size]
Comedian Eddie Izzard has completed her 31-day virtual marathon run by raising over £200k for charity.
Speaking from her treadmill after Sunday's double marathon, she said she felt "very honoured" by the support.
The livestreamed runs, held across different virtual cities, are part of her Make Humanity Great Again goodwill initiative.
Actor George Clooney helped Izzard cross the finish line in London and urged people to stay Covid-safe.
"Remember, we're almost through this everybody, hang tight!" he said.
"Wear a mask, stay distanced, we're almost there."

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

George helps Eddie Izzard complete his 31 day Marathon Charity Challenge   Empty Re: George helps Eddie Izzard complete his 31 day Marathon Charity Challenge

Post by LizzyNY Mon 01 Feb 2021, 17:36

I'm really impressed by Eddie Izzard. She does so much charity work I wonder when she has time for much else. It was nice to see George cheer her on to the finish line.

(Just curious. When did she come out as trans?)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 02 Feb 2021, 01:09

Yes, Lizzy, has done for a long, long time and usually it's marathons. Very, very funny in

concert. Came out as trans not so very long ago, I think. Completely forgot the George

connection - she was in Oceans 12 and 13 of course!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 02 Feb 2021, 04:23

Wait, what?! Edie Izzard was in 2 Ocean's movies? How did I not know that? Playing what part?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 02 Feb 2021, 14:36

Here you are, Lizzy

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 02 Feb 2021, 15:16

I didn't know she'd transitioned either!  I don't understand exactly what it was that George did to help?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 02 Feb 2021, 15:42

Ah, found the videos:

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 02 Feb 2021, 20:05

PAN - Thanks for the link. I loved the Roman Nagel character, but didn't know it was Eddie Izzard. She looks so different now! (It feels a bit odd calling her "her" when she was so very much a "him" in the film.)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 08 Feb 2021, 01:04

Watched 'Oceans 13' tonight - can't say I've ever known exactly what's going on - but it's still

great fun and good to look at!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 08 Feb 2021, 01:23

PAN - "Ocean's 13" is easy. "Ocean's 11" is the one that drives me nuts! I still can't figure out how the fake vault was used or how George got back into the room with Bruiser - unless he turned into Spiderman! Evil or Very Mad
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 08 Feb 2021, 03:05

What an interesting revelation.  I remember the Roman character from the Oceans movies.  Neither did I know he became a she.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 11 Feb 2021, 03:59

Strangest thing “ we’re almost through this everyone hang tight”...

Hope so .... but in truth ... I’m having a panic attack
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 11 Feb 2021, 15:16

WWHS - Give Flowers  Don't panic. It is slowly getting better. Stick your head out the window and take a couple of deep breaths - or, if you can - go out and take a walk somewhere away from people but close to nature. It's still a beautiful world! And George is right - we just need to hang tight a little longer.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 25 Mar 2021, 09:47

The Daily Fail have finally caught up with this . . . .

'I didn't know he was lined-up until 30 seconds before!'

Eddie Izzard reveals she was surprised by George Clooney during her 32nd marathon in 31 days

The comedian, 59, who prefers to use she/her pronouns, admitted that she had no clue George, 59, was going to appear via Zoom until 30 seconds beforehand

Earlier this year, Eddie completed 32 marathons on a treadmill in 31 days to raise funds for the Make Humanity Great Again charity. So far she has raised £312,755

For the final seconds of her 32nd marathon, the comedian was surprised by none other than George after the duo starred in Ocean's Twelve and Ocean's Thirteen

Elsewhere during her The One Show appearance, Eddie spoke about her new film Six Minutes to Midnight which stars Dame Judi Dench

The interview comes after Eddie recently said that her gender is 'elastic' and that she alternates between 'girl mode or boy mode'

By OLIVIA WHEELER FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 01:40, 25 March 2021

Eddie Izzard has revealed that she was surprised by George Clooney during her 32nd marathon in 31 days.

The comedian, 59, who prefers to use she/her pronouns, admitted that she had no clue George, 59, was going to appear via Zoom until 30 seconds beforehand.  

It comes after Eddie recently said that her gender is 'elastic' and that she alternates between 'girl mode or boy mode'.    

Earlier this year, Eddie completed 32 marathons on a treadmill in 31 days alongside 31 stand-up comedy shows to raise funds for the Make Humanity Great Again charity. So far she has raised £312,755.  

For the final seconds of her 32nd marathon, the comedian was surprised by none other than George after the duo starred together in Ocean's Twelve and Ocean's Thirteen.  

Talking about the moment on Wednesday's The One Show, Eddie, who was also joined virtually by Ewan McGregor during her final run, revealed: 'I put a message through to his [George's] assistant and it was unlikely we were going to get him.

'I know Ewan from before, I knew Ewan was lined-up, I didn't know George was lined-up until 30 seconds beforehand.

'So I was saying to Ewan, you might have to double up as George for half an hour and he was going to do impressions of George Clooney.'

Reflecting on the moment, Eddie admitted that it 'turned out amazing' and that she loved chatting to George about his famous aunt Rosemary Clooney.

She said: 'He [George] told all these amazing stories about Hollywood and his early years. It was beautiful to do it.'  

Elsewhere during the chat, Eddie spoke about her new film Six Minutes to Midnight which stars Dame Judi Dench. The duo previously worked together in Victoria & Abdul.

It is based on Augusta Victoria College in Bexhill-on-Sea which educated two dozen daughters of prominent Nazi figures in the 1930s.

Wow: For the final seconds of her 32nd marathon, the comedian was surprised by none other than George after the duo starred together in Ocean's Twelve and Ocean's Thirteen +9
Wow: For the final seconds of her 32nd marathon, the comedian was surprised by none other than George after the duo starred together in Ocean's Twelve and Ocean's Thirteen

Eddie, who grew up in Bexhill-on-Sea, wrote the film and stars in it alongside Dench, 86.

Talking about their friendship, the comedian revealed that Dench used to send her 'good luck' bananas before her comedy shows.

Eddie said: 'I've now done two films with her and she has got a great sense of humour, her family have a great sense of humour.

'She started coming to my shows, she would send "good luck" bananas, with "good luck" written on five or six bananas with "good luck" on them.

Co-stars: Elsewhere during the chat, Eddie spoke about her new film Six Minutes to Midnight which stars Dame Judi Dench. The duo previously worked together in Victoria & Abdul (Dench pictured in film still) +9
Co-stars: Elsewhere during the chat, Eddie spoke about her new film Six Minutes to Midnight which stars Dame Judi Dench. The duo previously worked together in Victoria & Abdul (Dench pictured in film still)  

'It was a very original, usually you don't say good luck, you're supposed to send something or flowers but she sent bananas which I just thought was brilliant. Then I got to know her.'

Talking about Dench, Eddie added: 'She's really in touch with her inner self, her younger self, she's a very young person.'  

Earlier this year, the comedian completed 32 marathons on a treadmill in 31 days raise funds for the Make Humanity Great Again charity. So far she has raised £312,755.  

On the charity page, Eddie wrote: 'Money raised will be allocated to charities making a real difference to disadvantaged and vulnerable people at this difficult time including some of those dealing with the wider effects of the Covid 19 pandemic.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 25 Mar 2021, 09:47

Anyone else slightly disappointed we didn't get to see Ewan McGregor's George Clooney impressions?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down