George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney helps out Dan Rather 'find a new job' after being frozen out of CBS EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney helps out Dan Rather 'find a new job' after being frozen out of CBS EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney helps out Dan Rather 'find a new job' after being frozen out of CBS EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney helps out Dan Rather 'find a new job' after being frozen out of CBS EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney helps out Dan Rather 'find a new job' after being frozen out of CBS EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney helps out Dan Rather 'find a new job' after being frozen out of CBS EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney helps out Dan Rather 'find a new job' after being frozen out of CBS EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney helps out Dan Rather 'find a new job' after being frozen out of CBS EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George Clooney helps out Dan Rather 'find a new job' after being frozen out of CBS EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney helps out Dan Rather 'find a new job' after being frozen out of CBS

Go down

George Clooney helps out Dan Rather 'find a new job' after being frozen out of CBS Empty George Clooney helps out Dan Rather 'find a new job' after being frozen out of CBS

Post by Katiedot Fri 27 Apr 2012, 04:23

Not sure exactly how involved George got, but my, what great influence he has everywhere! Is there anyone he doesn't know?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rather’s suit against CBS was worth it, he writes

By Associated Press | TV | April 25, 2012

Retired CBS anchorman Dan Rather says his lawsuit against his former network was worth it, even though the $70 million breach-of-conduct case was rejected by New York courts.

In his new book, “Rather Outspoken,” he said the case forced some of the “ugly truths” about CBS into the open. The longtime CBS newsman left the network acrimoniously after a discredited 2004 report about President George W. Bush’s military service.

Rather’s book is due out Monday. A copy was purchased Tuesday by The Associated Press.

Rather wrote that the lawsuit “took a big whack out of my time, my psyche and my bank balance, but even so, it was worth it.”

He said his wife, Jean, had even advised against suing. She thought it wouldn’t be prudent but agreed to support him no matter what he did.

Although questions were raised about the legitimacy of documents supporting the report made during Bush’s re-election campaign, Rather has said he still believes the story was true.

In his book, Rather describes being iced out of CBS during the 15-month period after he left as anchor of the “CBS Evening News” and finally left the network altogether in June 2006. He was working for “60 Minutes” during that period but said he constantly saw his stories criticized and ideas rejected.

“It was clear to everyone but me that I was being erased,” Rather wrote. “Nevertheless, I refused to believe what my eyes were seeing and my ears were hearing.”

Rather praised actor George Clooney and eBay entrepreneur Jeff Skoll for putting him in touch with Mark Cuban, the Dallas Mavericks owner who also owns the HDNet television network. Rather runs a newsmagazine at HDNet.

Rather said he believes that now, at age 80, he’s doing some of the best, most consistent work of his career.

“I understand that we are unlikely to have as much impact as a large network news organization,” he wrote. “The audience is far smaller. Fewer people are going to know what we are doing. But we know. I know. And I judge success or failure by my own standards, not by somebody else’s.”
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down