George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Is George Clooney in Greece this week-end to cheer on girlfriend at marathon??? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Is George Clooney in Greece this week-end to cheer on girlfriend at marathon??? EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Is George Clooney in Greece this week-end to cheer on girlfriend at marathon??? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Is George Clooney in Greece this week-end to cheer on girlfriend at marathon??? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Is George Clooney in Greece this week-end to cheer on girlfriend at marathon??? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Is George Clooney in Greece this week-end to cheer on girlfriend at marathon??? EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Is George Clooney in Greece this week-end to cheer on girlfriend at marathon??? EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Is George Clooney in Greece this week-end to cheer on girlfriend at marathon??? EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Is George Clooney in Greece this week-end to cheer on girlfriend at marathon??? EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Is George Clooney in Greece this week-end to cheer on girlfriend at marathon???

+7
pandabear
The next mrs clooney
Joanna
lelacorb
silly girl
Katiedot
laetval
11 posters

Go down

Is George Clooney in Greece this week-end to cheer on girlfriend at marathon??? Empty Is George Clooney in Greece this week-end to cheer on girlfriend at marathon???

Post by laetval Fri 09 Nov 2012, 17:09

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney May Cheer Stacy Keibler On at Athens Marathon

With the Athens Classic Marathon set to take place in Greece this Sunday, Nov. 11, George Clooney just might be girlfriend Stacy Keibler’s biggest fan at the race.

The tall, blonde beauty is participating in the 5km event and Greek Reporter has learned that Clooney could be there to cheer her on. Buzz is circulating that the Hollywood actor/producer/director has booked a ticket to Greece to show his support for Keibler as she makes the run through Athens.

Greek Reporter caught up with the couple at the Golden Globes this past January , where they mentioned they would be heading to Greece, but didn’t say when.

Be sure to keep an eye out on the crowd for Clooney, and best of luck to Keibler at the race!

Last edited by Katiedot on Fri 09 Nov 2012, 17:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated thread title)
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Is George Clooney in Greece this week-end to cheer on girlfriend at marathon??? Empty Re: Is George Clooney in Greece this week-end to cheer on girlfriend at marathon???

Post by Katiedot Fri 09 Nov 2012, 17:14

That's just bizarre. Why on earth would Stacy be running a marathon in Athens? If she is, I'll bet George is a no-show.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is George Clooney in Greece this week-end to cheer on girlfriend at marathon??? Empty Re: Is George Clooney in Greece this week-end to cheer on girlfriend at marathon???

Post by silly girl Fri 09 Nov 2012, 17:23

The way my day is going ---he just might show. Someone tweeted to her the other day about being in Greece for some race. It was random so didn't really take notice.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 09 Nov 2012, 17:29

Katiedot wrote:That's just bizarre. Why on earth would Stacy be running a marathon in Athens? If she is, I'll bet George is a no-show.

After all her hours cleaning the marathon if true this woman is crazy because before a marathon you must eat a lot of carbohydrates!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 09 Nov 2012, 18:32

Good luck to her... Thumbs up!

I have respect for all amateur marathon runners,
wherever they run.
My son in law takes part in one annually....I do admire him for it.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 09 Nov 2012, 19:32

If you notice she's actually only doing a 5k. Seems a long way to go for such a short race. I'd be shocked if she can even run that far given her current physical condition. Plus she's still on her cleanse which would not be a good idea to run any distance when you haven't really eaten for 25 days.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear Fri 09 Nov 2012, 21:35

Why would she go all the way to Greece to run a 5K, not sure with so many here in U.S. Also, not a smart thing to do after such a harsh cleanse. I run a couple 5K's a year and 2-3 marathons a year and your body needs to be fed the right food and be strong. After this cleanse her body may have energy but she needs to replace some of the nutrients it lost during this time. Not a smart move Stacy.

pandabear
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 10 Nov 2012, 01:39

She perhaps discussed it with people when she was in Greece? Maybe they think she's still going to be there. Bravo to her if she has the strength to do it.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 10 Nov 2012, 08:00

Maybe George is back over there checking out sites for his movie and she decided to tail along and heard about the race. For someone like her, 3.1 miles is nothing, I would think. And, if they're in the area it would be a greta way to get some publicity without having to do much for it.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 10 Nov 2012, 08:05

MARATHON AND HALF MARATHON IN ATHENS 2012
GENERAL INFORMATION
The Athens Marathon, now in its thirtieth year, will be held Sunday, November 11, 2012. Thanks to the excellent organization and the beauty of the course, since 2009 has received the prestigious IAAF Gold Label Road Race.
In 2011 he climbed to the top step of the podium the Moroccan Boubker Abdelkerim who set a time of 2h11'40 ". Among the women before the Ethiopian Melaku Yado Elfneshe, who crossed the finish line in 2h35'25 ".

The course of the Marathon of Athens recounts one faced by the legendary Pheidippides in 490 BC, considered the protagonist of the first battle for democracy in history. And his story deserves to be told ...
In 490 BC the Athenians suffered the attack of the Persian army that landed on the Plain of Marathon. The Athenian population knew that the fate of their soldiers would be decided on the plains of Attica and awaited anxiously news of the battle. The war ended with the victory of the Athenians who fought valiantly despite their numerical inferiorià. The news of this great triumph was brought to Athens by one of the soldiers. It was precisely that of Pheidippides ran from Marathon to the Acropolis of Athens with all his armor on! And after the events reported died of fatigue.
From the myth of Pheidippides and his race, the French Baron de Coubertin, a proponent of the modern Olympics, drew inspiration for the creation of today's marathon.
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sat 10 Nov 2012, 08:20

in the course of history people have run in those creek hills for various reasons, like for life.

Marathon was "it" thing to do couple of years back, maybe still is. Further away from one´s home the better. Americans come to Europe and Europeans head to new york, NY, bolder, CO, stanford etc.

Everyone gets a medal who pass the finishing line Very Happy

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 10 Nov 2012, 12:04

Nike new range promotional in Greece?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down