George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney’s Neighbor Claims To Know Actor’s Next Big Step EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney’s Neighbor Claims To Know Actor’s Next Big Step EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney’s Neighbor Claims To Know Actor’s Next Big Step EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney’s Neighbor Claims To Know Actor’s Next Big Step EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney’s Neighbor Claims To Know Actor’s Next Big Step EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney’s Neighbor Claims To Know Actor’s Next Big Step EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney’s Neighbor Claims To Know Actor’s Next Big Step EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney’s Neighbor Claims To Know Actor’s Next Big Step EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney’s Neighbor Claims To Know Actor’s Next Big Step EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney’s Neighbor Claims To Know Actor’s Next Big Step

5 posters

Go down

George Clooney’s Neighbor Claims To Know Actor’s Next Big Step Empty George Clooney’s Neighbor Claims To Know Actor’s Next Big Step

Post by Admin Fri 09 Oct 2020, 12:06

Here's a change from the usual 'Clooney as president' rumour . . . it's Clooney as mayor for LA.  Well, if Arnie can do it . . . !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
George Clooney’s Neighbor Claims To Know Actor’s Next Big Step

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]STELLA COLLINS — OCTOBER 8, 2020 3:25

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
A mini-feud between George Clooney and some of his neighbors, because of his California mansion’s construction and renovations, has led to a surprising revelation.

Clooney is spending over $1 million for multiple additions to the property, including an elegant cottage for his three-year-old twins, Ella and Alexandra Clooney.

One angry neighbor recently did an interview where they lashed out at the actor and his wife, Amal Clooney, for creating so much chaos and noise in the area.

The person told The Sun that as soon as the renovations are over, they believe that the iconic actor plans to leave England and return to California to pursue a political career.

The neighbor shared the following scoop with the media: “My guess is that he wants to run for mayor of Los Angeles when [current mayor] Eric Garcetti‘s term ends.”

The homeowner stated: “George held a fundraiser for [Barack] Obama on the tennis court here and another for Hillary Clinton where it was $1,000 a plate. He’s big in the Democratic Party.”

Clooney, a proud Democrat, had indeed hosted fundraisers for former President Barack Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in the mansion.

He recently had a virtual event for Joe Biden and was able to raise over $7 million for the Democratic National Convention.
Clooney grabbed headlines and hinted that he might have political ambitions with a powerful statement about the killing of Breonna Taylor.

The Kentucky-born actor shared an emotional message after it was announced that the police officers who fatally shot the 26-year-old woman would not be charged.

Taylor, an emergency medical technician, was shot multiple times by three police officers while inside her Louisville, Kentucky home during a failed drug raid.

Clooney said he was ashamed of the decision and added: “I was born and raised in Kentucky. Cut tobacco on the farms of Kentucky. Both my parents and my sister live in Kentucky. I own a home in Kentucky, and I was there last month.”
Clooney went on to share: “The justice system I was raised to believe in holds people responsible for their actions. Her name was Breonna Taylor, and she was shot to death in her bed by 3 white police officers, who will not be charged with any crime for her death. I know the community. I know the commonwealth. And I was taught in the schools and churches of Kentucky what is right and what is wrong. I’m ashamed of this decision.”

Some political experts say that a Clooney run for public office seems unlikely at the age of 59.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney’s Neighbor Claims To Know Actor’s Next Big Step Empty Re: George Clooney’s Neighbor Claims To Know Actor’s Next Big Step

Post by party animal - not! Fri 09 Oct 2020, 12:59

Codswallop.

Right wing rag with strong connections to Steve Bannon etc etc

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney’s Neighbor Claims To Know Actor’s Next Big Step Empty Re: George Clooney’s Neighbor Claims To Know Actor’s Next Big Step

Post by LizzyNY Fri 09 Oct 2020, 14:19

Don't be so polite! This is bullshit, pure and simple. An interview with the only neighbor they could get to talk to them, and that's because he's pissed at George. His "guess" is worthless.

George has said a gazillion times he doesn't want to run for office. I can't see him changing his mind now - especially to run for mayor of LA. He's already the de facto mayor of the part of LA that matters to him - the show business contingent. Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 09 Oct 2020, 15:32

Ridiculous, his guess and this is worth printing. George has no interest in political office he has said so a million times.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 09 Oct 2020, 16:06

Right.  Now tell us what you guys really think!!!  Give hearts
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 09 Oct 2020, 16:42

Just a thought, but if he's planning a run for office in LA, why upgrade security in Sonning? He can't govern in the States while living in the UK.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 10 Oct 2020, 12:32

I'm sure if there was ever a time he even considered such a move, getting married and having children has put it out of his mind.  I get the feeling he doesn't want the hassle that comes from being a political figure, and he'd rather spend his time with his children.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 10 Oct 2020, 14:45

He can have more influence from outside the system than he can as an elected official - and on a wider stage. Politics in this country has become a nasty, very expensive and increasingly dangerous business. I think he's too smart to get involved.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 10 Oct 2020, 18:20

I agree with you Lizzy. He wouldn't do that to his family.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 14 Oct 2020, 01:12

Being mayor of LA would definitely not be an upgrade. Unless he longs to have his life held hostage by a corrupt police union and backstabbing "allies."

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down