George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Who dares tell Meryl Streep how to act? Step up George Clooney EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Who dares tell Meryl Streep how to act? Step up George Clooney EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Who dares tell Meryl Streep how to act? Step up George Clooney EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Who dares tell Meryl Streep how to act? Step up George Clooney EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Who dares tell Meryl Streep how to act? Step up George Clooney EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Who dares tell Meryl Streep how to act? Step up George Clooney EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Who dares tell Meryl Streep how to act? Step up George Clooney EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Who dares tell Meryl Streep how to act? Step up George Clooney EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Who dares tell Meryl Streep how to act? Step up George Clooney EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Who dares tell Meryl Streep how to act? Step up George Clooney

5 posters

Go down

Who dares tell Meryl Streep how to act? Step up George Clooney Empty Who dares tell Meryl Streep how to act? Step up George Clooney

Post by silly girl Thu 12 Dec 2013, 17:18

Who dares tell Meryl Streep how to act? Step up George Clooney

Film producers face a delicate balancing act between adding their input and not treading on the creative toes of the director, the writer and the actors. It seems Harvey Weinstein has a new tactic: send in George Clooney.

Weinstein tells me that the Hollywood heartthrob was his secret weapon with his latest film, August: Osage County, to work with the star-heavy cast (Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts and Ewan McGregor are among the big names).

“I knew that there would be inevitable disagreements, and at one point I thought that I would produce the thing myself, but smartness is better than valour so I got another unknown, untested entity named George Clooney to produce the film so he could handle the inevitable arguments and disagreements,” he joked at a screening of the film at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (Bafta) in London last week.

“George is probably the best producer I’ve ever worked with, because not only does he go to Oklahoma where we shot it, but he’s in the middle of it with a strong opinion.”

The film is a dramatic, twisting, blacker-than-black comedy, which will offer fun for all the dysfunctional family. At the heart of both the on-screen family, based on that of the play by Tracy Letts, and the cast, are Roberts and Streep. And they are a pair that Weinstein says he wasn’t keen to cross.

“Why take your life in your hands? I’d rather ride 300 miles an hour in Monte Carlo in a rain storm than suggest to Meryl Streep how to act. But George will do it, George mixed it up with both of them. He had certain scenes where he said ‘nope, let’s underplay that’ – George and John [Wells, the film’s director] teamed up a bunch of times and said ‘hey, I think underplay this’.”

Weinstein added that one of Streep’s biggest acting talents was disappearing, and recounted a tale of meeting her in a wholesale supermarket near the set in Oklahoma. “She was shopping, just to get the lay of the land, see the people from Oklahoma, she’d go to a mall and she’d just be invisible. Meryl can make herself invisible,” he says. “I’ve seen her do that a lot, Meryl – when she wants to – she can just be under the radar, it’s just incredible to see.

“And Julia, who I thought would easily get spotted, can wear a pair of glasses, put her hair up and put a little beanie on and she disappears too. They both have that chameleon ability. They’re observers, really.”

`````````````````````````````````````

only copied the part that talks about AOC.  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by silly girl on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 18:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Highlight the part about GC)

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Who dares tell Meryl Streep how to act? Step up George Clooney Empty Re: Who dares tell Meryl Streep how to act? Step up George Clooney

Post by Lakin460 Thu 12 Dec 2013, 17:29

Wow, that's fascinating about Meryl and Julia's ability to disappear. Makes me admire them as actors even more. Thanks for article!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Who dares tell Meryl Streep how to act? Step up George Clooney Empty Re: Who dares tell Meryl Streep how to act? Step up George Clooney

Post by it's me Thu 12 Dec 2013, 17:57

and G?
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 12 Dec 2013, 19:57

silly girl wrote:Who dares tell Meryl Streep how to act? Step up George Clooney

F
Weinstein added that one of Streep’s biggest acting talents was disappearing, and recounted a tale of meeting her in a wholesale supermarket near the set in Oklahoma. “She was shopping, just to get the lay of the land, see the people from Oklahoma, she’d go to a mall and she’d just be invisible. Meryl can make herself invisible,” he says. “I’ve seen her do that a lot, Meryl – when she wants to – she can just be under the radar, it’s just incredible to see.

OMG ..... I'm so excited about this ... I can do that
... in any place, even where ppl know me well, I can go invisible ... Remember, I wrote about it here on COH... I did it in Venice .....

Meryl and Me .... such good company .... one day we might "go invisible together"   bounce  (Thats Meryl bouncing, I'm too cool, obviously)
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 12 Dec 2013, 21:43

interesting....
doing what?  Cool 
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 13 Dec 2013, 07:11

Thanks SG for the artricle
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down