George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
A funny thing happened on the way to .... EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
A funny thing happened on the way to .... EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
A funny thing happened on the way to .... EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
A funny thing happened on the way to .... EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
A funny thing happened on the way to .... EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
A funny thing happened on the way to .... EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
A funny thing happened on the way to .... EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
A funny thing happened on the way to .... EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
A funny thing happened on the way to .... EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

A funny thing happened on the way to ....

+3
party animal - not!
heartlove
What Would He Say
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A funny thing happened on the way to .... Empty A funny thing happened on the way to ....

Post by What Would He Say Sun 26 Apr 2020, 19:40

have You heard of the MASH response.... it’s when things get really really really unbearably bad someone, a voice from the back, says something that just makes you laugh, you crack up, you can’t help it....it’s at times inappropriate, shallow, even contemptuous.... but Oh the relief the release of the grief the sadness the terror if only for 20 seconds  ... the time it takes to wash your hands is the time it takes for the laugh to reach your belly... a belly laugh ... both can save a life...

Please use this thread for the woeful jokes, the ott video’s and the multitude of amazing things people stuck in four walls are using their incredible imagination to come up with...

I’ll start
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

A funny thing happened on the way to .... Empty Re: A funny thing happened on the way to ....

Post by What Would He Say Sun 26 Apr 2020, 19:50

A funny thing happened on the way to .... 91dab21f-bfc6-493f-a635-f1d7b01d8102
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

A funny thing happened on the way to .... Empty Re: A funny thing happened on the way to ....

Post by heartlove Sun 26 Apr 2020, 20:12

A funny thing happened on the way to .... 2Q==

Luxury Homes...  In my case home is where the heart is.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 27 Apr 2020, 11:31

What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 27 Apr 2020, 12:09

Brilliant, WWHS !!

Are you the one with the dog?

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 27 Apr 2020, 15:28

WWHS - Thank you! AMAZING! I have been in awe of the Riverdance dancers forever. I can't imagine how they do what they do. Love it!

Not a joke, but a silly story: Some friends and I were sitting in the third row center of a folk music concert. In front of us were a group of  4 or 5 girls who were obviously together and were huge fans of the performer on stage at the moment. Where we sat is important because there was no way he couldn't see and hear us. We were impossible to ignore.

I still say what happened next was his own damn fault. He introduced a song by saying that something (I don't remember what) was "like putting chastity belts on bunny rabbits". The whole audience laughed - then they stopped. We didn't. We tried, honestly we did, but every time we got it under control someone would set us off again! Contagious laughter!

It lasted for at least 3 minutes, if not more, and the giggles kept coming back throughout his set. He was furious and  at one point told the girls in front of us to "Shut up!". I know he wanted to have us thrown out. Not his finest moment - or ours, I guess - but now every time someone says "bunny rabbits" I think of that night and giggle.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Mon 27 Apr 2020, 17:19

Lizzy I love the Riverdance performers, the show is forever embedded in my mind as absolutely AMAZING/BRILLIANT ...

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 28 Apr 2020, 20:21

That was sooo much fun to watch WWHS!  The Riverdance performers have such incredible talent.  I’ve never seen them in person but can only imagine their shows are mesmerizing.

Great story Lizzy.  Maybe not your finest moment but clearly   a very fond memory.  Well worth it IMO Laughing
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 28 Apr 2020, 22:54

Lizzy I have a “tale” like that....I’ll dig it out...

But for now...

What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 28 Apr 2020, 22:59

If you lot appreciate a tad of Irish culture (well you here ... and the bit of your man that’s cultured is Irish)

A modern twist on Laniggan’s Ball .... he’s easy on the eye too...

What Would He Say
What Would He Say

LizzyNY likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 29 Apr 2020, 01:36

WWHS, they were both great thanks.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 29 Apr 2020, 03:12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4q8x5fR4Sw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv4207c9M74

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 29 Apr 2020, 15:52

These are all really funny. Thanks. Randy Rainbow is a genious! Wouldn't it be great if all drumpf's online accounts were flooded with Rainbow's songs every day? Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 01 May 2020, 12:36

A bit of culture...

What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 01 May 2020, 12:39

Fathers and daughters....

1. Give it just 45 seconds.... she will go far, she will practice hard!...

What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 01 May 2020, 12:42

2. Love this....

What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 01 May 2020, 12:46

3. Kept the best till last.... Mat and Savannah who knew.....

What Would He Say
What Would He Say

LizzyNY likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 01 May 2020, 15:57

WWHS - Lovely! These father/daughter duets are all wonderful, but you certainly did save the best for last. Savannah Shaw has a beautiful voice! Thanks for posting. Thumbs up!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 03 May 2020, 19:31

LIZZY......IT WASNT MICHAEL WAS IT ??

LOL.   X
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 03 May 2020, 19:38

GOLLY GOSH......WHAT A GREAT THREAD HERE !!!

I'M SURE GEORGE WOULD BE PROUD !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 03 May 2020, 22:17

Very Happy No, Jo it wasn't Michael. I only wish it was! HE would have laughed right along with us!

There are a couple of really funny videos of Michael and Alfie singing (or I should say trying to sing) "Wonderful World", on Linda Wellington's YouTube site, One is titled "Never go to the toilet.."  from a Birmingham concert and the other is "Having a laugh in Manchester" 25.11.16.

If you're in the mood for a giggle they're worth a look.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 05 May 2020, 01:07

Simply lovely....the great realisation...

What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 05 May 2020, 01:17

Oh, I’m on a poetry roll...

What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 05 May 2020, 01:34

And welcome to poetry night... you just made the last performance....

What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 05 May 2020, 01:44

I looove this....encore with a laugh...

What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 05 May 2020, 03:24

Pam is very funny.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 05 May 2020, 14:59

WWHS - You saved the best for last! Thanks so much. for starting my day with a laugh! Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 07 May 2020, 16:57

LizzyNY wrote:WWHS - You saved the best for last! Thanks so much. for starting my day with a laugh! Very Happy Because of your post I watched Pam Ayres' whole concert and have now found a new favorite. She's delightfully funny without being crass or snarky. The stories she tells ring oh so true! Thanks again.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 18 May 2020, 23:55

A funny thing happened on the way to .... 8cd2b2bb-1714-4505-a05a-ded11886a335
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Wed 20 May 2020, 13:16

You probably have to be living in the U.K. to get this....

What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Wed 20 May 2020, 13:19

Same comedian... this is not virus related but she stole My Story with George .... who told her???

What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 20 May 2020, 14:29

WWHS - The comedians were funny, but I really want to thank you because there was a link to a story about Captain SIR Tom Moore! He really is getting a knighthood! How wonderful and how well deserved!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 31 May 2020, 11:02

I can’t get my head around Cummings .... and neither do I want to ....

What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 31 May 2020, 11:03

LizzyNY wrote:WWHS - The comedians were funny, but I really want to thank you because there was a link to a story about Captain SIR Tom Moore! He really is getting a knighthood! How wonderful and how well deserved!

It’s never too late to be a Hero ... even in your own backyard x
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 31 May 2020, 11:16

I’m sorry but it’s a down on Dom day for me ... 

What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 31 May 2020, 16:12

Sorry, WWHS, but who's Dom? And didn't one of those men sing with the Overtones?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 01 Jun 2020, 14:45

So Dom is Dominic Cummings, Boris's right hand man on all things and former Spectator writer while Boris was editor, and his wife is an editor there now - and new lady Carrie Symonds also worked there. And he was discovered to have broken every social distancing rule in the book including a 60 mile round trip to a castle, while having Covid, having already driven 250 miles with wife and child, rather than following the lockdown rules for the whole country that he decided.

Here he is trying to explain it all away to the National press in the garden of No 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7zkejgYSlg&t=184s

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 01 Jun 2020, 16:11

Thanks, PAN. I had read about him but didn't know his name. Lord, I wish we had reporters like the one who interviewed him. She didn't mince words at all, unlike our "newsmen" who are so concerned with not making waves. If someone questioned drumpf like that his head would literally explode.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 01 Jun 2020, 18:00

Well I have wondered sometimes if US reporters find the foreveradverts limiting for their questions - or if they have to be careful in case their owners are Trump supporters!

Every bright reporter in the country seemed to be testing him that day - and he came over as disinterested and pathetic..........and he still has his job

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 01 Jun 2020, 23:49

It might be more a fear of offending sponsors and losing ad revenue. Many media outlets here - print, tv, radio - are fighting for their financial lives now so they can't afford to offend anyone who pays the bills.

I think there's beginning to be a bit more push-back on the things drumpf says and does than before the corona virus hit. Too much of what he spouted proved dangerous and a lot of people looked elsewhere for solid information. It chipped away at his "untouchable" persona a bit and some of the media are taking advantage of this and challenging him more. Not enough yet, but more than before. The ads coming from The Lincoln Project are brilliant. They're being shown in battleground states and will, hopefully, change some minds.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 22 Jun 2020, 01:41

LizzyNY wrote:Sorry, WWHS, but who's Dom? And didn't one of those men sing with the Overtones?

Sorry for late reply Lizzy... PAN did an excellent job in my absence.... Dom is Borris’s nightmare at Christmas... his behaviour is neither forgiven or forgotten.... but he will be gone before Christmas.... he is an embarrassment...
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 22 Jun 2020, 01:44

LizzyNY wrote:Sorry, WWHS, but who's Dom? And didn't one of those men sing with the Overtones?

Sorry for late reply Lizzy... PAN did an excellent job in my absence.... Dom is Borris’s nightmare at Christmas... his behaviour is neither forgiven or forgotten.... but he will be gone before Christmas.... he is an embarrassment...
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 22 Jun 2020, 01:46

Did I just post that? Yes I think I did .... maybe I should post it again just in case .... then I might be repeating myself.... Oh fluff and bother....just post it...
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 22 Jun 2020, 03:25

WWHS - Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks! I needed that.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Mon 22 Jun 2020, 14:00

Funny...  Nobody wished Ella and Alaxander's father, happy father's day...  scratch

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 22 Jun 2020, 14:37

Gosh no, none of us did, did we? Is it the same as the UK in the US? I know Mothers Day

is different

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 22 Jun 2020, 15:13

If it was yesterday it's the same. Embarassed Shame on all of us for forgetting, but I'm sure Amal and the twins celebrated with him. Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Mon 22 Jun 2020, 15:25

LizzyNY wrote:If it was yesterday it's the same. Embarassed Shame on all of us for forgetting, but I'm sure Amal and the twins celebrated with him. Very Happy

I'm absolutely sure Amal made sure Ella and Alexander's father was celebrated.  Very Happy

I wonder if the God-father was celebrated?

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 22 Jun 2020, 16:50

I'm sure Ella and Alexander made their daddy's Father's day great. Who ever thought we would be talking about George as a daddy never say never.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Mon 22 Jun 2020, 16:53

annemarie wrote:I'm sure Ella and Alexander made their daddy's Father's day great. Who ever thought we would be talking about George as a daddy never say never.

I"m sure George Clooney still runs at the very thought of it

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next