George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Stacy Nike thing EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Stacy Nike thing EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Stacy Nike thing EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Stacy Nike thing EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Stacy Nike thing EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Stacy Nike thing EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Stacy Nike thing EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Stacy Nike thing EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Stacy Nike thing EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Stacy Nike thing

+3
Joanna
lovelylois
Henway
7 posters

Go down

Stacy Nike thing Empty Stacy Nike thing

Post by Henway Wed 09 May 2012, 03:57

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Stacy Nike thing Empty Re: Stacy Nike thing

Post by lovelylois Wed 09 May 2012, 04:13

It definitely looks like a local ad sponsored by Nike and the Ravens, I doubt it would be a national ad. I know in Chicago that ad would not go over well here. I could see my husband and his friends watching that and saying, "Who cares about the Ravens, they suck" and "Who is that blonde cheerleader girl".

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 09 May 2012, 11:29

Stacy tweeted about that recently didn't she ?
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 09 May 2012, 13:06

Yea, it wouldn't go over well in Cleveland either, since the owners of the Browns moved the franchise to Baltimore and started the Ravens.

BUT I thought it was a great commercial and Stacy looked good in it. Gee, she's been pretty busy lately.... Thumbs up!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Wed 09 May 2012, 14:10

When I watched this, I wondered how many people would actually know who the heck she was, even in Baltimore. They flash her name (??who?) and then later, she mentions being a cheerleader. Are these the biggest sports celebrities they have in Baltimore?? I can understand him, but, her??

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 09 May 2012, 14:16

She's had multiple write ups in the Baltimore Sun and I'm sure they know who she is - hometown girl dating George Clooney? C'mon...!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway Wed 09 May 2012, 14:30

So a driver drover her around for 4 hours supposedly and thats all they used of her in the car? He gave her his first jersey in stead of his mother? Gosh Stacy how about offering it back to his mother?

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 09 May 2012, 14:45

I'm not a huge sports fan, but that was a really nice and natural advert from two attractive people. Nike on soft sell - blimey!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway Wed 09 May 2012, 18:42

Oh Ray Rice... Ray, Ray, Ray. This is not what you do with Mother's Day just around the corner.

What is mom going to say when she finds out what you did with the very first of the new team jerseys? What about your girlfriend? Heck -- what about your guy friends?

When they find out you gave such important goods away to a leggy blonde, you're in trouble. And when George Clooney finds out the leggy blonde was his girlfriend, he might not be thrilled with you either.

For reasons that aren't entirely clear Rice gave Keibler his new jersey. But the exchange -- apparently some sort of promotion for Nike -- was filmed and placed on You Tube for the world to see.

Though the video is brand new, the hand-off seems to have happened April 17, when Keibler Tweeted: "So great to see u again yesterday @rayrice27 And THANK U THANK U THANK U for the best gift ever from @usnikefootball I am so honored!!!!!"

The video opens with shots of Baltimore apparently captured in a moving car -- a lot of Mount Vernon, some Inner Harbor, a bit of the back streets.

You hear Rice and Keibler talking about how everyone in the city is passionate about football. Rice tells about how he likes to sneak up on people in town who are wearing his number.

"When the season is over, when everything is said and done, I like to feel normal so I tend to go places where people wouldn't expect me at and I see someone with my jersey and I go up to em and just say, 'Nice jersey,'" he says. "They'll do a double take and realize that it's me and they appreciate. You know it makes me who I am, it humbles me."

There's footage of Rice and Keibler sitting together at Pazo -- sort of stiffly -- talking about football and their love of the Ravens. He's wearing fashionable black-rimmed geek glasses. She's in purple pants and a black leather jacket.

She talks about her purple pride.

"I wear my jersey proud," she says. "No matter where I go I'm always gonna bleed purple."

And then Rice gives up the coveted shirt.

"The first jersey is officially yours," he says, handing her a Rice, No. 27 shirt framed in clear plastic. "My mom's gonna be jealous."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Thu 10 May 2012, 13:03

For reasons that aren't entirely clear Rice gave Keibler his new jersey. But the exchange -- apparently some sort of promotion for Nike -- was filmed and placed on You Tube for the world to see.

On the contrary, the reasons ARE entirely clear - it's a Nike promotion! Was Stacy THE first cheerleader for the team? The video probably would have been more touching if he had given it to his mom.

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by adgran Thu 10 May 2012, 13:13

bellybaby wrote:For reasons that aren't entirely clear Rice gave Keibler his new jersey. But the exchange -- apparently some sort of promotion for Nike -- was filmed and placed on You Tube for the world to see.

On the contrary, the reasons ARE entirely clear - it's a Nike promotion! Was Stacy THE first cheerleader for the team? The video probably would have been more touching if he had given it to his mom.

Yes, bellybaby, she was one of the first Baltimore Ravens cheerleaders. There is not one cheerleader but a group. I'm not sure this ad would play well in many NFL cities other than Balitmore. Ray Rice is not well-liked as an opposing player (he is very good and has helped the Ravens win many games) but he is worshipped as a god in Baltimore.

Stacy is still "home-town girl made good." She parlayed her Ravens cheerleader status into the wrestling gig. And then used that to try to jump to films stardom. Her appearances with George were BIG in Baltimore because of George. Yes, I have family who live there.

adgran
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Thu 10 May 2012, 13:39

Thanks Adgran! No, I know there's a group - just trying to figure out why she, amongst all the other cheerleaders is singled out (yes, I know too, the GC status). Becoming a wrestling girl isn't what I'd call a step up, but yes, it did give her notoriety. Until she started dating George, I'd no idea who she was. We have cheerleaders, I'm sure one of them has gone on to do something else - couldn't tell you who, and couldn't tell you what. But I'm also one of those that cringe at people like the Kardashians - They get the fame, and all the perks.....why??? yeah.

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down