George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Spanish story about possible takeover with film links to George? EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Spanish story about possible takeover with film links to George? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Spanish story about possible takeover with film links to George? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Spanish story about possible takeover with film links to George? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Spanish story about possible takeover with film links to George? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Spanish story about possible takeover with film links to George? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Spanish story about possible takeover with film links to George? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Spanish story about possible takeover with film links to George? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Spanish story about possible takeover with film links to George? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Spanish story about possible takeover with film links to George?

+3
heartlove
annemarie
party animal - not!
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Spanish story about possible takeover with film links to George? Empty Spanish story about possible takeover with film links to George?

Post by party animal - not! Tue 25 Feb 2020, 01:43

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Spanish story about possible takeover with film links to George? Empty Re: Spanish story about possible takeover with film links to George?

Post by annemarie Tue 25 Feb 2020, 02:24

[size=31]George Clooney Linked With Sensational 'Truman Show' Takeover of Spanish Side Malaga[/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[size=12]Andrew Headspeath
24 FEB 2020

[/size]

​In one of the new decade's weirder football stories, Holywood actor George Clooney has been linked with a takeover bid for second-tier Spanish side Malaga.

The rather sensational report follows on from the news that the club has been [size=16]removed from the control of Qatari owner and president Sheikh Abdullah Al Thani, amid financial disarray.

After Spanish courts levelled a series of charges - including the alleged misappropriation of funds - against the wildly unpopular Al Thani, Malaga were placed under the control of an administrator for six months.

Enter Clooney, who is (apparently) part of a US 'media group' interested in buying the club - which made the Champions League quarter-finals, with a side featuring Isco and Joaquin, as recently as 2013.

Spanish daily ​AS cite Antonio Aguilera, president of the Association of Small Shareholders (APA), speaking on Canal Malaga about Clooney's supposed links to a glamourous takeover of the Costa del Sol club.

Aguilera is quoted as describing a 'very important group of producers of film and television' who 'want to make Malaga the Hollywood of Europe'

The report quotes Aguilera as saying that the group is already negotiating with Al Thani who wants €100m - though €36m is seen as a more likely price.

[/size]

Ian@IWJ86

[ltr]Nespresso's all round when George takes over at Málaga[/ltr]

2:14 PM - Feb 24, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Curiously AS also suggests the proposed takeover would turn Malaga into 'a kind of Truman Show' - referencing the famous Jim Carrey film in which the titular character is unaware his life is the subject of an artificially created soap opera. How metaphorical this is is unclear.

While AS insist the report is 'no hoax', there are complications regarding a possible sale and the permanent removal of Al Thani from the club, with many financial and administrative issues yet to be settled.

On the pitch, Malaga have enjoyed a mini-recovery of late in spite of off the pitch turbulence, winning their last three games on the bounce and sit 14th in Spain's Segunda Division, three points off the playoff spots. 

Related Topics:

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Spanish story about possible takeover with film links to George? Empty Re: Spanish story about possible takeover with film links to George?

Post by heartlove Tue 25 Feb 2020, 03:15

Shocked

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 25 Feb 2020, 03:25

Interesting, but I don't get the "Truman Show" connection. Does it make sense to anyone?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Tue 25 Feb 2020, 03:45

Nothing to do with the story.  However I was thinking the other day with a home, production studieos maybe a NFL football franchise in England would be nice.  Just a thought...   Smile

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 25 Feb 2020, 08:16

I know basketball is played there but is our football played or of interest.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 25 Feb 2020, 15:17

I was also trying to figure out the connection with George Clooney and also the Truman show in this weird story. I know George loves sport, but can't think he'd be part of this?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 25 Feb 2020, 15:42

I don't pay much attention to sports. This seems to be a pretty good team. Do they play American or European football (soccer)? I didn't think American football had much of a following in Europe.

It could be that George is putting a little money into a group investing in the team, but turning Malaga into the "Hollywood of Europe" seems a bit much.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 25 Feb 2020, 15:51

You can watch American football on TV and big matches are reported in newspapers. There probably are some American football teams playing across Europe, but how good they are, I don't know. Malaga will be soccer.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 25 Feb 2020, 15:58

Thanks Katie. That's what I thought. I don't know if George would be interested. I'm not sure he's even a fan of American football. He's a baseball and basketball fan.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 25 Feb 2020, 16:21

Just had a thought that there might be a production company or two who would like to have studios in Malaga............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 25 Feb 2020, 17:01

Would the tax structure there be more favorable than other parts of Europe or the UK? Would labor costs be much lower? I'm sure they're lower than here, and Malaga is closer to home for George than Hollywood so it's possible.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Tue 25 Feb 2020, 17:18

LizzyNY wrote:Would the tax structure there be more favorable than other parts of Europe or the UK? Would labor costs be much lower? I'm sure they're lower than here, and Malaga is closer to home for George than Hollywood so it's possible.
Hollywood is home...  Home is where the heart is.  And from where I stand home is in Los Angeles.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 25 Feb 2020, 17:24

Yep, of course it is for you! But not necessarily for the rest of the world who may also want to make films..........

Lizzy, don't know that sort of stuff, but one of the stories refers to Amazon already filming in situe in Malaga - and he certainly knows how to make money! Let's wait and see if this is just being a story that's being floated...by someone who might be hoping to get the investment

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 25 Feb 2020, 17:43

I think for George Hollywood represents work, not home anymore . Home is England and Italy and of course Augusta.
I think he will always visit for business and to see friends that's about it.
England is probably more peaceful than Los Angeles.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 25 Feb 2020, 18:11

I think home is definitely wherever his family is, and at the moment that's the UK. Considering the effect climate change has had on the LA area (fires, drought), they're probably better off and safer in Sonning (even with the flooding).

Most of his work seems to be outside the US, too. I think Hollywood still remains the business end of the industry, but the production side of it is all over the place. I think he'll be spending very little time there in the near future.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Tue 25 Feb 2020, 18:24

annemarie wrote:I think for George Hollywood represents work, not home anymore . Home is England and Italy and of course Augusta.
I think he will always visit for business and to see friends that's about it.
England is probably more peaceful than Los Angeles.
No I hope not.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Tue 25 Feb 2020, 18:25

LizzyNY wrote:I think home is definitely wherever his family is, and at the moment that's the UK. Considering the effect climate change has had on the LA area (fires, drought), they're probably better off and safer in Sonning (even with the flooding).

Most of his work seems to be outside the US, too. I think Hollywood still remains the business end of the industry, but the production side of it is all over the place. I think he'll be spending very little time there in the near future.
Family is important.  I can only hope he will not leave his family out of the mix.  I would hate for him to live one place and his wife another place.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 25 Feb 2020, 18:36

No one has suggested anything like that.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Tue 25 Feb 2020, 18:37

POST DELETED BY ADMIN.

STOP POSTING LIES. THANK YOU

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 25 Feb 2020, 18:41

Really? Again?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 25 Feb 2020, 18:42

Ladybug , that article is nothing but a lie it gossip cop has debunked that story.

Read the bottom of the article ladybug .
George has been shooting his upcoming movie The Midnight Sky in the UK since last October. The actor’s own spokesperson recently told us that he and Amal “are both together in London and have been” since filming started. The Midnight Sky just wrapped shooting earlier this week. George hasn’t been partying at Lake Como while his wife is stuck looking after their children. They’ve all been together as a family during the production of George’s upcoming film. The tabloid’s report is baseless and poorly researched.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Tue 25 Feb 2020, 18:54

I did, I said your are right.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 25 Feb 2020, 19:04

Oh dear. Not more codswallop...........tedious and not worth the computer time or paper it's written on..............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 25 Feb 2020, 19:07

Ladybug, there was no need to post that article you know most of us here know it's all lies. Next time simply say your right 
without the ridiculous articles.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Tue 25 Feb 2020, 19:26

annemarie wrote:Ladybug, there was no need to post that article you know most of us here know it's all lies. Next time simply say your right 
without the ridiculous articles.
So this Gossip Cop article is a lie?

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 25 Feb 2020, 22:04

The article is not from Gossip Cop it is from  Woman's Day. Which is clearly stated at the beginning of the article.

Gossip cop spoke to George's spokes person who explained the story is not true.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 25 Feb 2020, 23:16

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is the explanation for the Truman show.

But the Qatari businessman is still demanding £86million for the sale of the club, according to Canal Malaga, as quoted by Spanish news outlet AS.
But the US investors hope a deal can be agreed for considerably less than the Sheikh's asking price, the report says.
They then hope to profit from the popular Costa del Sol port city by filming a documentary at the club with plans to turn it into a 'European Hollywood'.
There are even sensational suggestions the show could be a 24-hour Truman Show-style documentary. 

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 25 Feb 2020, 23:28

Anything is possible, I guess, but this story seems like a game of telephone with the details being passed from one source to another to another...Who knows? Could be true...maybe not...
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Tue 25 Feb 2020, 23:47

[POST EDITED BY ADMIN]

Last edited by heartlove on Tue 25 Feb 2020, 23:53; edited 1 time in total

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Tue 25 Feb 2020, 23:49

Admin - Katie Do you want me to stop posting stories from Gossip Cop?  When did we stop posting article from Gossip Cop?  I posted it because it seem to validate Annemarie's position.  If you insist the Gossip Gop article is a lie I will go with that.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 26 Feb 2020, 00:52

Gossip Cop debunked the story, but we all knew it wasn't true anyway. Annemarie was just letting you know that it isn't necessary to post every article about the Clooneys that Gossip Cop debunks.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Wed 26 Feb 2020, 01:34

There were things in this Gossip Cop article that were new and seem to fit Annemarie's understanding.  I get it, the article is FULL of LIES.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Wed 26 Feb 2020, 02:03

annemarie wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is the explanation for the Truman show.

But the Qatari businessman is still demanding £86million for the sale of the club, according to Canal Malaga, as quoted by Spanish news outlet AS.
But the US investors hope a deal can be agreed for considerably less than the Sheikh's asking price, the report says.
They then hope to profit from the popular Costa del Sol port city by filming a documentary at the club with plans to turn it into a 'European Hollywood'.
There are even sensational suggestions the show could be a 24-hour Truman Show-style documentary. 
This will be a fun watch... and see what happens.  I'm a big sports fan.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 26 Feb 2020, 02:18

Only the last paragraph with Georges spokes persons comments proved what i said. And that wasn't a part of the original article ladybug. Simply put you can agree with me without posting articles .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Wed 26 Feb 2020, 02:37

Annemarie, At this point I don't know what George or what spokesman the article is referring to.  Whoever they are, they seem to agree with you.  I now understand the article is FULL of LIES.  Gossip Cop articles are posted here ALL THE TIME, I'm sorry you had a problem this one.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 26 Feb 2020, 03:06

Ladybug please stop the nonsense you know very well what George is being referred to. If you  didn't you wouldn't have posted that article that you say proves what I was talking about. 
Gossip cop doesn't write lies about George and Amal. They debunk them that is what they do .
That is what the last paragraph was debunking of the story it self the story which was written in Woman's Day which
is an Australian magazine.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Wed 26 Feb 2020, 03:20

annemarie wrote:Ladybug please stop the nonsense you know very well what George is being referred to. If you  didn't you wouldn't have posted that article that you say proves what I was talking about. 
Gossip cop doesn't write lies about George and Amal. They debunk them that is what they do .
That is what the last paragraph was debunking of the story it self the story which was written in Woman's Day which
is an Australian magazine.
The article I posted was a Gossip Cop article.  I was not the one who insisted the article was FULL of LiES. I DON'T have ANY IDEA what GEORGE or what SPOKESMAN the article is referring to.  I do know they seem to agree with what you said.  I don't understand what your problem is.  If the article debunks lies why not post it.  I posted it because it seemed to support your position about George and Amal.  WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 26 Feb 2020, 14:26

If you didn't know what George the article was referring to why did you post it on a George CLOONEY fan site? I think the problem is yours.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 26 Feb 2020, 15:09

There was no need to post the article at all I know what i'm saying and don't need my words proven.

You have been told before we don't believe or want to read the lies written about George and Amal.

If you  know George then you know the is not he kind of man these articles claim he is. I also don't believe Amal is anything like they portray her.

If you want to believe the constant nonsense which is proven to be false time after time that is your choice. 

I take George's word over others. He has stated he is a happy man when he goes home to his wife and kids.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 26 Feb 2020, 15:18

Ladybug, do you know the purpose of Gossip Cop? The article from them had already been posted months ago. We don't need it posted all over again. It simply gives Katie more work! And it would much better if YOU checked beforehand..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Wed 26 Feb 2020, 15:36

Lizzy-  After I was told the article was all lies I began to distrust the source.

Annemarie -  Again I posted the article because it seemed to agree with you.  I'm sorry you had a problem with the article that seemed to support your position.  

PAN - Katie and others have posted articles from Gossip Cop.  You all post article the I have no interest in.  I don't tell you to stop posting them, I DON'T READ THEM.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 26 Feb 2020, 15:43

You missed the point. It had already been posted several months ago and is old news

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Wed 26 Feb 2020, 16:01

party animal - not! wrote:You missed the point. It had already been posted several months ago and is old news
You seem to not understand it had new information that supported what Annemarie posted, THAT'S WHY I POSTED THE ARTICLE.

Pan - the story about them living apart seems to not go away.  The one time it supports the very thing Annemarie posted you all seem to have a major problem with it.  The fact you three seem to not want to let this go, only bolster my thought, that it's ALL LIES, and distrust the "George" source and the "spokesman".

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 26 Feb 2020, 16:12

The only part of that article that agreed with me was the spokesperson's response.

If you posted only that i would have been fine with me. The rest of the article was lies and had been posted before.

And did not need to be posted again in it's entirety.

Ladybug you are the one who seems to not let it go.  The articles don't go away simply because the are repeated all the time by other sites

copy and paste that does not make them true. As you can very well tell from George's spokes person explanation of the facts.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Wed 26 Feb 2020, 16:21

annemarie wrote:The only part of that article that agreed with me was the spokesperson's response.

If you posted only that i would have been fine with me. The rest of the article was lies and had been posted before.

And did not need to be posted again in it's entirety.

Ladybug you are the one who seems to not let it go.  The articles don't go away simply because the are repeated all the time by other sites

copy and paste that does not make them true. As you can very well tell from George's spokes person explanation of the facts.
I can't post the part of an article you like.  Do you believe the source is George Clooney's spokes person that gave the explanation of facts?

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 26 Feb 2020, 16:44

Yes I do gossip cop would only go to a spokes person who works with George. That is what their site is for setting the record straight when it comes to celebs and the constant lies that are told about them.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Wed 26 Feb 2020, 16:47

annemarie wrote:Yes I do gossip cop would only go to a spokes person who works with George. That is what their site is for setting the record straight when it comes to celebs and the constant lies that are told about them.

You could simply have posted the spokes person's explanation and that would have been fine.
You say works with George, are you referring to George Clooney?

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 26 Feb 2020, 16:48

Ladybug I'm not playing this game with you .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by heartlove Wed 26 Feb 2020, 16:58

annemarie wrote:Ladybug I'm not playing this game with you .
Annemarie, you are playing the game, not I.

I asked you a question that required a yes or no.  

I don't play games with words, I search for the truth.

Either it is a George Clooney's spokes person or it is not.

If you had not driven this into the ground, I probably would not have given it a second thought.

heartlove
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next