George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Dating site uses Amal Clooney pic (presumably) without permission EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Dating site uses Amal Clooney pic (presumably) without permission EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Dating site uses Amal Clooney pic (presumably) without permission EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Dating site uses Amal Clooney pic (presumably) without permission EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Dating site uses Amal Clooney pic (presumably) without permission EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Dating site uses Amal Clooney pic (presumably) without permission EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Dating site uses Amal Clooney pic (presumably) without permission EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Dating site uses Amal Clooney pic (presumably) without permission EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
Dating site uses Amal Clooney pic (presumably) without permission EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Dating site uses Amal Clooney pic (presumably) without permission

3 posters

Go down

Dating site uses Amal Clooney pic (presumably) without permission Empty Dating site uses Amal Clooney pic (presumably) without permission

Post by Katiedot Thu 27 Apr 2017, 12:37

I don't usually bother to share too much Amal news here, but this really made me laugh:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=48]Londoner's Diary: Dating site uses Amal Clooney pic without permission[/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Amal Clooney: human rights lawyer, wife of Hollywood star George, mother-to-be and... member of the dating elite? The Doughty Street Chambers barrister’s achievements seem endless but she may be surprised at her new role as poster girl for the unlucky in love. Indeed, she might be considering her legal rights over it.
Yesterday a new double-decker bus ad was spied on the streets of London, from new dating app The League, with a 10ft-high picture of Clooney and one of The Only Way is Essex’s Amy Childs, the beautician who brought the vajazzle to the masses. The slogan reads “For those seeking drive, not just double Ds”, with arrows pointing to Clooney and Childs. 
The League, which requires a vetting process, says it is a smarter version of Tinder. “Are you told your standards are too high?” the website reads. “Keep them that way. We’re not saying Tinder doesn’t have its uses but why not spend your time a little more… intelligently?”
But using someone’s image usually requires permission. Has Clooney granted it? The Londoner was awaiting a response from her people this morning and Childs’s team have also yet to respond. The League said it was “unable to comment” on the issue of permissions but that the intent  was to be “a lighthearted jab at society’s obsession with dating based on looks and fame  as opposed to ambition and intelligence”. 
The incident calls to mind a problem with a campaign from Ryanair back in 2009, which royally peeved Queen Sofia of Spain by using her photo in an advert. Either way, the campaign from The League already has critics. “Amal Clooney fights for the rights of women,” Twitter user Sophie Marissa wrote online yesterday. “Irony lost on your marketing dept?” What would George say?
-----
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dating site uses Amal Clooney pic (presumably) without permission Empty Re: Dating site uses Amal Clooney pic (presumably) without permission

Post by melbert Sun 30 Apr 2017, 13:24

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Dating site uses Amal Clooney pic (presumably) without permission Empty Re: Dating site uses Amal Clooney pic (presumably) without permission

Post by Katiedot Sun 30 Apr 2017, 14:06

Oh. My.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 30 Apr 2017, 14:21

Very Happy  Way too many cheap shots could be taken here, so I won't. I will say, though, that they could have found a better photo of her. Unless,of course, she's just the "drive" part of the equation and not the "double D's". (Sorry. Couldn't resist. It was just too easy!)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down