George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George to receive Cesar award this year? - Page 5 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George to receive Cesar award this year? - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George to receive Cesar award this year? - Page 5 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George to receive Cesar award this year? - Page 5 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George to receive Cesar award this year? - Page 5 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George to receive Cesar award this year? - Page 5 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George to receive Cesar award this year? - Page 5 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George to receive Cesar award this year? - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George to receive Cesar award this year? - Page 5 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George to receive Cesar award this year?

+15
benex
annemarie
Katiedot
Donnamarie
it's me
carolhathaway
ladybugcngc
Way2Old4Dis
PigPen
Sevens
Missa
Doug Ross
LizzyNY
Alisonfan
party animal - not!
19 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

George to receive Cesar award this year? - Page 5 Empty Re: George to receive Cesar award this year?

Post by LizzyNY Fri 10 Mar 2017, 19:50

These poses are sweet - maybe because they look like a little girl falling asleep on her daddy's shoulder at a family affair. If she can't stay awake through the whole event, maybe she should try napping before they go out. These poses are really too childish for a grown woman at a press-covered event.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George to receive Cesar award this year? - Page 5 Empty Re: George to receive Cesar award this year?

Post by carolhathaway Fri 10 Mar 2017, 22:09

Lizzy,
Yes, a grown-up woman should be able to watch a show without getting tired, pregnant or not. And  yet,, all of us who have been pregnant as well, know how extremely tired you get, often in a way we haven't known before.

To set up a timetable:
I've no idea how long it takes to get ready for a red carpet event, with certainly hair- and make-up-artists. I'd assume, at least three hours before. They needed to get there by car, they are always queuing. The show started at 9 p.m., red carpet probably an hour before. 
So start to get her ready at 4 p.m., finished at 7. Getting dressed, leaving the hotel, going to the event by car. Doing the red carpet, being photographed and interviewed endlessly, entering the theatre, being photographed there as well. Show started at 9 p.m., being aware to be watched by cameras every single second (remember when she chatted with Bill Murray during the Golden Globes?). Watching a show for three hours without a break knowing that a dinner will follow. So the show ended at midnight which means they certainly weren't back at their hotel until 2 a.m.

This does sound tiring to me, and I'm not pregnant...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 10 Mar 2017, 22:20

Carol, I agree with you this was a long event and must have been tiring for her. She was listening and didn't fall asleep.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 10 Mar 2017, 22:50

Carolhathway  - I'm not looking to start a fight, but the photos Benex posted weren't all from the same night. They were from three separate events and she wasn't pregnant for all of them. Yes, the photos are sweet and lovey-dovey and all that BUT, again, she's a grown-ass woman, not a child. I'd venture a guess that if you scanned the whole audience you wouldn't find another woman napping on her husband's shoulder.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 10 Mar 2017, 22:58

Lizzy,
I just realized that there was a montage of three pix Benex posted, on my tablet just the one from the Cesar night was visible. So when I clicked on it, I saw the three pix. 

Sorry for my inappropriate response to your post!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 10 Mar 2017, 23:53

Carolhathaway - No apology needed. Smile I'm just a little annoyed at Mrs. C today. On the one hand she expects to be taken seriously for her work - and deservedly so - but it doesn't help her professional image when she's photographed like this. As I said, she looks less like a lawyer and more like sleepy child out with her daddy.

Don't mind me. She's just annoying me today.  I dunno
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 11 Mar 2017, 00:46

LizzyNY wrote:These poses are sweet - maybe because they look like a little girl falling asleep on her daddy's shoulder at a family affair. If she can't stay awake through the whole event, maybe she should try napping before they go out. These poses are really too childish for a grown woman at a press-covered event.
John Legend's wife did the same thing at the Oscars while they announced the wrong Best Picture. She even jokingly tweeted later: "Just woke up...what happened!?"
I think it's fine. Those ceremonies are sometimes dull and boring, Amal shows her ordinary side this time, she does get asleep during a boring show like everyone else. Not to mention she's pregnant, feeling uncomfortable at some point seems pretty normal.

Last edited by Sevens on Sat 11 Mar 2017, 00:51; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 11 Mar 2017, 00:50

Sorry. Not buying it. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 11 Mar 2017, 01:10

I don't think Amal was tired. This is affection she is showing towards George. Lots of women and men show affection in public this way. Nothing new here. This couple has always been publicly affectionate towards each other. Some may not appreciate public affection between couples and others have no problem with it. This behavior has nothing to do with being a professional in one's work.

Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 11 Mar 2017, 01:59

It's not a matter of how it reflects on her professionally - although, IMO, it doesn't help her get taken seriously  - it has to do with acting your age in a public place. She's not a teenager, for pete's sake - she's almost 40! She can freakin' crawl all over him when they get home!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 11 Mar 2017, 04:20

We definitely agree to disagree Lizzy. First of all Amal wasn't crawling all over George ... though it sounds like fun. Very Happy Secondly I don't know why it would be considered inappropriate for someone in their 30s, 40s, 50s and older to be physically affectionate in public with someone they loved. There's no age limit on showing public affection.

I remember the first time George and Amal were seen being lovely dovey with each other. It was in Como at Villa d'Este when they were engaged. Amal did that exact gesture. She put her head on George's shoulder at the dinner table. I think he may have done the same with her. This is the way they are with each other. I think it's telling of their love and closeness.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Sat 11 Mar 2017, 09:52

officinal amazing photo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 11 Mar 2017, 14:30

Very nice! Thanks, Benex.  Thumbs up!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sat 11 Mar 2017, 14:42

benex wrote:officinal amazing photo

I love you
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 11 Mar 2017, 15:04

Thanks once again benex. Great picture of our guy!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 11 Mar 2017, 15:50

He is still very handsome at almost 56.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 11 Mar 2017, 16:11

Here is the complete interview with Dany Jucaud of Paris Match that I found in the Belgian version.

Hope nobody mind's clicking on the link

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 11 Mar 2017, 16:31

Great Find pan! I've been desperately searching for this interview...
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 12 Mar 2017, 13:44

No problem Sevens. I've been sitting on it for a while. Great that it automatically translates into English and it's a great interview........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 12 Mar 2017, 13:54

How could it be automatically translated?
I literally copied every piece of it to Google Translation.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 12 Mar 2017, 14:00

Oh crumbs, Sevens. Well when I click on the link a box comes down (it's probably not what it's actually called!) and says it's translating it to English - and it does! Doesn't it do that for you?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 12 Mar 2017, 14:02

I didn't know that either. Ill give that a try. Thanks PAN.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 13 Mar 2017, 13:07

LizzyNY wrote:These poses are sweet - maybe because they look like a little girl falling asleep on her daddy's shoulder at a family affair. If she can't stay awake through the whole event, maybe she should try napping before they go out. These poses are really too childish for a grown woman at a press-covered event.
My unhumble opinion... they show no sense of decorum, esp at the Vatican.  Must admit- nearly threw up in my mouth from anger.

And, you ask why the press isn't taking her seriously??????????????????   Who does this- unless you're looking for attention.   ( this one will really get me on the crap list with a whole bunch of you..)--I will not take this woman seriously until she ( and George) learn how to conduct themselves as adults and not 2 adolescents in the throws of puberty at the drive-in!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 13 Mar 2017, 15:52

LizzyNY wrote:Carolhathaway - No apology needed. Smile I'm just a little annoyed at Mrs. C today. On the one hand she expects to be taken seriously for her work - and deservedly so - but it doesn't help her professional image when she's photographed like this. As I said, she looks less like a lawyer and more like sleepy child out with her daddy.

Don't mind me. She's just annoying me today.  I dunno
Aww honey bun-   take a look at the whole picture.... before the wedding she wore shorts/dresses up around her ass,  stoked his neck/head at restaurants.  After wedding - at Cassamigo  promo party- wore a dress that she had to know was translucent- but chose it anyway, and the world got to see her pretty white knickers.  And I'm just getting warmed up- but you get the picture.

She's not completly at fault.  Little Lord Georgie could have a little sit down with her and give her some guidance.  But NO- he's along for the ride, or maybe driving the train.  

Anyway- it's not worth the aggravation -- time for a tequila sunrise.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 13 Mar 2017, 17:07

PP - Hope you have the Casamigos stockpiled. Looks like we may be snowed in.

Anyway, the thought comes to mind that little Georgie finds it flattering that a younger woman - who has no problem advertising her assets - is all over him. Good for the image and the ego. I'm sure he can't believe his "luck".
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 13 Mar 2017, 21:59

George never had a problem getting younger women so no luck needed.

Amal is his wife and they are affectionate in public good for them, I have seen a whole lot worse done in public.

Amal in all the pictures was paying attention her eyes were open not sleeping now that would have been a problem.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 14 Mar 2017, 00:00

Well, when I see these pictures I see a couple who are absolutely potty about each other.

On each occasion they are looking up at a film or a performance.  And that includes the Vatican - it wasn't a lack of respect for the Pope when he was speaking. In some ways it is part of who she is. She's often like that with Nadia Murad at overawing events. 

Maybe we should castigate George too. He kisses her hand, holds her tight, and declares his love for her, can't stop talking about her, is constantly grinning from ear to ear...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 14 Mar 2017, 02:38

In the pictures, videos, and articles I see George as a man troubled by current trends, humble in his accomplishments, and gracious as a recipient of the Caesar Award. 

George seems to have the love of his life on his mind and the excitement of an expectant future in his heart.

As life moves on, l hope true love continues to shine.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 14 Mar 2017, 10:33

Of course, what we don't know from the three shots is how fleeting (or not) that moment was. Photographers are clever like that......they know that this one will be picked up

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 14 Mar 2017, 13:22

party animal - not! wrote:Of course, what we don't know from the three shots is how fleeting (or not) that moment was. Photographers are clever like that......they know that this one will be picked up
Well stated PAN.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 14 Mar 2017, 13:27

I just find it interesting that these moments of affection are being discussed ... other than what they are ... moments of affection.

Tho it may seem off subject I googled Barack and Michelle Obama the other day.  Was feeling nostalgic for obvious reasons.  And I clicked on "Images".  There were so many pictures of the two of them hugging and cuddling out in public ... many in the White House in front of everyone.  They are a very affectionate couple and it shows. Now we have Donald and Melania who show no obvious love or affection for each other.  And it shows.  Sorry for going off topic a bit. Just trying to make a point.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Tue 14 Mar 2017, 13:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 14 Mar 2017, 18:06

Donna,
for my husband and me it's normal to hug and kiss each other in public, so for me it's normal when others do the same. I guess we reflect our own behaviour and opinion so for somebody who thinks that grown-ups shouldn't cuddle up and wouldn't do this with his partner while accompanied by others, this affection is critisized.

I remember when I started reading here, there was a discussion about George and Amal working in different places, and somebody said: "During our first year of marriage, we never went out without being accompanied by the other half. So I don't understand how they can spend a whole week apart." That's quite similar IMO, we've all made our own experiences and learned from them. But we're all different, so for some of us it works to work in different cities in different countries on different continents. I couldn't imagine living their life either, but I know quite some couples who just see each other during weekends. And some of us like to show their affection with their love while other prefere to save them for private moments. Nobody's wrong, these are just different opinions and different ways to handle things.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 14 Mar 2017, 18:20

Definitely, we do all handle things differently but that doesn't make George and Amal wrong just because you wouldn't do the same thing. Different strokes for different folks.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 14 Mar 2017, 18:35

annemarie wrote:Definitely, we do all handle things differently but that doesn't make George and Amal wrong just because you wouldn't do the same thing. Different strokes for different folks.
Truth be told, well said Annemarie.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 14 Mar 2017, 19:01

Agree totally. i think it gets tricky here when we chat about George. None of us know him personally so making judgments about the way he leads his life professionally and privately is seen through our own personal lens.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 14 Mar 2017, 22:07

Donnamarie wrote:Agree totally. i think it gets tricky here when we chat about George.  None of us know him personally so making judgments about the way he leads his life professionally and privately is seen through our own personal lens.  
Interesting...
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Tue 27 Jun 2017, 00:57

I don´t know if this interview have been posted and seen.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 27 Jun 2017, 01:38

Hathaross, thanks for finding this wonderful interview. I've never seen it before and it's a treat to hear George give a serious interview without the usual clowning around. It lets you see a little bit of why he's considered one of the smartest men in Hollywood.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 27 Jun 2017, 03:51

Hathaross I do think this interview is somewhere on COH. I've seen it before. But it's great to watch it again. George is always a good interview and this one caught him in a more thoughtful mood. Thanks!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 27 Jun 2017, 08:10

I posted that interview four months ago.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5