George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice

+23
Duffy
Missa
Picachu
amaretti
PigPen
lionheart
isogotit
Carla97
Maggy
fava
annemarie
happycat
Way2Old4Dis
Nicky80
Joanna
Katiedot
Margaret
Alisonfan
bamboochacha
LornaDoone
Jenn
theminis
party animal - not!
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice Empty George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice

Post by party animal - not! Thu 29 May 2014, 00:26

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Katiedot on Thu 29 May 2014, 14:54; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added the pictures)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice Empty Re: George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice

Post by theminis Thu 29 May 2014, 00:42

Amal doesn't look very impressed when she spots the paps, cant say I blame her
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice Empty Re: George and Amal having dinner at Da Ivo in Venice

Post by party animal - not! Thu 29 May 2014, 00:46

Sweet pix until then.........shame.........wonder if they've taken Mum.........does feel like prying in a way.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 29 May 2014, 00:47

Definitely prying, they are in what appears to be the middle of a restaurant enjoying what they think is a private dinner then she turns and spots them, that would piss me off after awhile, even though all the attention is to be expected.

But its a double edge sword, the paps pry and we lap it up too.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenn Thu 29 May 2014, 00:48

I think she looks beautiful!  lip smack 
Jenn
Jenn
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 29 May 2014, 01:03

You're right. Themi. What can they do? They must have thought they were a bit ahead of the game.......

I can't even see who got these shots.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 29 May 2014, 04:57

Damn she looks like Anne Hathaway in those pictures!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 29 May 2014, 05:02

The resemblance is uncanny at times, definitely can see it in those pics. Love the flash of her huge diamond in one of the photos too.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Thu 29 May 2014, 05:11

she does not look like her.

wonder if she dishes info on her court cases that will show up in future movies after a couple of after dinner drinks. hmmm. or if bin laden is a huge topic of conversation for them. hmmm.
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Thu 29 May 2014, 09:48

Question. Does Amal have a pain in her neck?

Answer. Yes, George Clooney.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret Thu 29 May 2014, 09:53

it seems that she doesn't want to be there. I feel sorry for George if she going to have a sour puss face all the time. She will be making his life hell.
Margaret
Margaret
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Thu 29 May 2014, 10:16

Bizarrely, this is really the first time she has been papped with George, (I'm not counting, taxi, or party or staged ones)
She was very smily while being papped alone, four days running a couple of weeks ago in London, but now with the beautiful Mr Clooney she looks wickedly at the camera. My advice to Amal would be to look at old GF thread to see how it's done, Eli gives a masterclass, Stacy was always elegant and happy looking, but the top prize for making Mr Clooney look HOT in a restaurant situation goes to Sarah Larson, who can forget the papped video from NYC. Making me blush all over again!

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 29 May 2014, 10:28

I don't think they look sad or unhappy at all. To me, these are just neutral faces that people make when they're having dinner. They'd look kind of weird if they were smiling all the time.

Anyone want to guess what George is thinking here?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 29 May 2014, 10:41

"Must text Rande....
They're NOT stocking Casamigos here !"
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Thu 29 May 2014, 10:44

George think bubble. "I feel so much better now that I have made the BIG DECISION to end the engagement. I'll let her enjoy her vacation, then I'll tell her.

Amal think bubble "Is this the 17th or 18th time I've heard THAT story, Note to self, stop him telling stories, after he sells Como, can't stand pasta"

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 29 May 2014, 11:27

the pics are really good and close...Lucky paparazzi to find them in Venice. Geat to see new pictures. thanks for the find and posting.  Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 29 May 2014, 11:33

A comment from the NYdailynews

CLOONEY’S GOING FULL BORE

It seems impossible to get bored sitting next to George Clooney at dinner, but his fiancée, Amal Alamuddin, managed it during their date night in Venice. 

The future Mrs. Clooney held her head in her hands while her hoodie-wearing beau looked happy as can be. 

According to People, the couple are to wed in Italy this September.

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 29 May 2014, 12:52

So much for the "no drinking" edict.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by happycat Thu 29 May 2014, 13:37

I like her. Okay? But could she please use some table manners when eating out? Get your elbows off the table and please take your hands away from your hair-that's just nasty.
She is too SMART for such poor table etiquette.
happycat
happycat
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 29 May 2014, 13:41

In all fairness, it looks like George also has his elbows on the table in some of the shots, and they may have finished eating by then.

Is anyone else wondering why they're sitting so conveniently right next to the window? Was the restaurant so busy that there was nowhere less pap-friendly for them to sit? And why didn't the paps wait to see them leave? It seems they just took a few shots through the window and then disappeared.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 29 May 2014, 13:47

Good point Katie, didn't think off "the walk out of the restaurant".

I wonder how the paparazzi even knew that they are in Venice and going to that restaurant. I thought they are still in London LOL

And it is obvious that they are not alone on the table someone is across them but they are not in the pictures. Why? I guess if those are staged they have been told only to picture George and Amal. Normally they would be pictures from everyone together. We have seen it when he was in Como with friends or the dinner in LA with Emily Blunt they all have been in the picture.....strange...
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 29 May 2014, 13:53

I think they were having dinner with some one else. She looks like a normal woman out with her fiancee.
Amal knows that the press are a part of her life now so yes she will be polite and smile it would look bad if she didn't. In a restaurant enjoying the evening being natural is all I see.
Isn't it also possible that they only wanted pictures of Amal and George, also why couldn't someone just let a pap know they are there it can and does happen.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 29 May 2014, 13:53

I think they were having dinner with some one else. She looks like a normal woman out with her fiancee.
Amal knows that the press are a part of her life now so yes she will be polite and smile it would look bad if she didn't. In a restaurant enjoying the evening being natural is all I see.
Isn't it also possible that they only wanted pictures of Amal and George, also why couldn't someone just let a pap know they are there it can and does happen.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 29 May 2014, 13:55

George always has his elbows on table, despite 
his father's disapproval. He's his own man. Yay !

Most of us do it, I imagine, in a noisy eating place when one has to lean forward to hear the conversation going on around the table.
I personally hate being in a crowded restaurant now.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 29 May 2014, 14:04

I don't interpret her as being unhappy to be there. I see a woman who became very uncomfortable when she realizes people are watching her/photographing as she eats and drinks.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 29 May 2014, 14:21

The pap probably didn't get photos when they were leaving cause what WE didn't see was someone dragging the pap off as soon as they noticed he was taking pictures!

brahahahaha
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 29 May 2014, 14:53

According to the Mail they were at Da Ivo (a Clooney favourite haunt):

He knows a thing or two about romance! George Clooney continues to delight fiancée Amal Alamuddin with candlelit dinner in Venice

By Maggie Harbour and Fay Strang

Published: 13:25, 29 May 2014

They reunited in the UK earlier in the week after a brief period which saw them on either side of the pond.

And keeping the romance alive George Clooney whisked Amal Alamuddin off to Venice for a few days - a city popular with newly engaged couples from all walks of life.

The loved-up couple were spotted enjoying a slap-up meal at Da Ivo, lit by candelight as the Hollywood hunk continued to pull out all the stops to ensure a fun-filled engagement for his highly-intelligent lady.

Dinner date: George Clooney and Amal Almauddin were seen having dinner together in Venice earlier this week

Romantic: The couple enjoying a meal by candlelight, enjoying the elegant setting

Lawyer Amal could be seen dressed down in a white T-shirt with her hair falling down back, while beside her husband-to-be wore a black hooded jumper.

The restaurant, Da Ivo, is a popular restaurant for stars when they visit the Italian city, due to it’s menu and intimate atmosphere.

It is found just a short walk from St Mark’s Square and over the years the likes of Natalie Portman, Madonna, Anne Hathway and many more have sampled the menu which includes ‘classic’ Tuscan-Venetian specialties, including a popular steak fiorentina.

Checking out the wine list: George looked deep in thought, perhaps taking his pick from the excellent wine list

Tough choice: The couple spent time looking over the menu at famous restaurant Da Ivo

Look of love: George could be seen gazing his wife-to-be while they enjoyed a bite to eat

The venue is also known for its wine list and according to reports the couple were seen drinking from the list as they ate.

Their trip comes amid reports that they are busy making wedding plans. It's thought they are planning on walking down the aisle in September – the one year anniversary of when they met.

And it's thought the pair have their heart set on Highclere Castle - the home of TV’s Downton Abbey, after visiting it earlier in the week.

George jetted into London last week to treat the busy career women to a surprise minibreak in the English countryside to visit the set of Amal's favourite TV show.

All about the romance: George has been pulling out all the stops with Amal since they got together

Casual: The couple looked very at ease in each others company during their stay in the Italian city
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 29 May 2014, 15:56

His Nibs took Stacy Keibler here a couple of years ago by boat, much more dressed up.

Loads of photos of him in the same gear as he had on last night on their webiste.

And if this wasn't last night, maybe he's allowed them with a timed embargo so he can get off to the next place.

Wonder if they're at the Villa..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 29 May 2014, 16:08

Katiedot wrote:I don't think they look sad or unhappy at all.  To me, these are just neutral faces that people make when they're having dinner.  They'd look kind of weird if they were smiling all the time.  

"Strange how she always takes her cell with her to use the restroom"
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenn Thu 29 May 2014, 16:09

E!online : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NEWS/ George Clooney and Fiancée Amal Alamuddin Share a Romantic Dinner in Italy—All the Details!

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin sure get around!

After spending early May in the United States and Mexico, the globe-trotting couple reunited in Italy Tuesday, where they were photographed sharing a candlelit meal at Venice's Ristorante da Ivo.

The future spouses were joined by several friends, including Clooney's bodyguard. "The mood was relaxed and informal," a source tells E! news of the he two-hour dinner. "Everyone was enjoying wine."
Nicole Scherzinger and Lewis Hamilton also dined at the restaurant, but the couples did not interact.

Clooney, 53, and Alamuddin, 36, left the restaurant holding hands around 11:45 p.m. local time.

According to People, the actor and the lawyer are planning exchange vows this fall. When paparazzi recently asked Cindy Crawford if she was in Pairs for their wedding, she replied, "It's in September."
The magazine also reports that Clooney and Alamuddin are hoping to find a secluded wedding venue to tie the knot. They will reportedly follow it up with a party near Alamuddin's Lebanese hometown.

Clooney reportedly popped the question over a home-cooked meal at his L.A. home in April.
—Reporting by Michelle Falls
Jenn
Jenn
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 29 May 2014, 16:26

Somebody must have had to balance themselves on a gondala to snatch these photos. There are no other windows with flower boxes...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 29 May 2014, 16:49

Is this the restaurant? I can see why he would want to sit by the window, it's romatic!

And it looks like the pictures were taken from the bridge.

Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 29 May 2014, 18:16

I think this current. Lewis Hamilton and Nicole Whatshersname were there last night too

Last edited by Nicky80 on Thu 29 May 2014, 18:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pics)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 29 May 2014, 18:24

Thanks PAN for the find. Nice of him to make so many pictures. Lucky them  Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 29 May 2014, 18:27

In the first and third picture you can see Gio in the background. It is funny as he is all dressed up nicely in tie and blazer and look at George  Razz  Razz  Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 29 May 2014, 18:38

I noticed one thing 

From the first post the first two pictures and picture four, seven and eight were clearly done through the window and you can see they are sitting inside.

But picture number three, five, six, nine, ten and eleven looks like they are sitting outside and in the background there is this yellow window where you can't look through which you can not see in the other picture.

Did they change tables in between or what?
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 29 May 2014, 18:40

Just a thought - are these stolen two-minutes' worth of pix-by-a-pap to distract us from where they've actually been?

Wondering about Locanda Cipriani on Torcello.................

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 29 May 2014, 18:55

Nicky80 wrote:In the first and third picture you can see Gio in the background. It is funny as he is all dressed up nicely in tie and blazer and look at George  Razz  Razz  Razz

Gio is working and George is relaxing !

That's George's smart casual look imo.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 29 May 2014, 19:01

yeah but in Como he was working too and he didn't wear tie and blazer. I thought it was funny how different they look nothing against George look of course. Just pointing out the difference.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 29 May 2014, 19:05

As opposed to two years ago..........(scroll down on the gallery)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenn Thu 29 May 2014, 19:36

abcNews : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney Used Code to Make Dinner Reservation With Amal Alamuddin

George Clooney is a tricky guy!

While in Venice, Italy with his fiancee, Amal Alamuddin, the actor made a reservation for dinner on Tuesday night at Ristorante da Ivo.

However, he did so using the code, "The Russians are coming!"

"Everyone was surprised to see him. They had been expecting this Russian couple," a witness told ABC News. "When the staff saw him, they asked, 'So you’re the Russian we had been expecting?! He started to laugh."

Clooney, 53, and his bride-to-be, 36, to whom he proposed in April after less than a year of dating, arrived at the restaurant for their candle-lit meal at 9 p.m. and stayed until close to midnight.

"He was lucky that no one was around. No one bothered him!" the observer said, adding that race car driver Lewis Hamilton was dining at the restaurant at the same time. "They ate in peace and had a good time."

It seems they may be back in Italy sooner rather than later: People reported that they're planning a September wedding there.

People : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney & Amal Alamuddin Enjoy Dinner in Venice

PEOPLE MAGAZINE
Subscribe for instant access to PEOPLE
George Clooney and fiancée Amal Alamuddin have taken their love to the Floating City.

The jet-setting couple arrived for dinner in the well-known restaurant Ivo in Venice on Tuesday. They were accompanied by Clooney's bodyguard and his girlfriend.

After starting off with a round of Prosecco and then white wine, the group enjoyed sautéed shellfish, smoked tuna, mussel soup, crayfish and artichoke risotto and charcoal grilled seabass.

In classic Venetian style, the foursome arrived and departed in a motorboat by a back pier close to the restaurant. They stayed about two and a half hours, leaving around 11:45 p.m.

The next morning, they flew out of Venice airport by helicopter.

Clooney, 53, owns a home on Italy's Lake Como. It's a romanic spot for sure – his pal John Krasinski wed wife Emily Blunt at the estate in 2010 – but a source recently told PEOPLE the actor and Alamuddin, 36, will tie the knot elsewhere in September.

Tuesday's meal wasn't first time Clooney brought a significant other to Ivo. Back in August 2012, the Hollywood A-lister took then-girlfriend Stacy Keibler and (again) their bodyguard for a meal. He patiently posed for photos with all the staff of the restaurant.

In a show of his many talents, Clooney even found time to draw a caricature portrait of what appears to be owner Fracassi with his arms spread out and another portrait on a plate. The picture still hangs framed in the restaurant.

Other A-listers who've dined at Ivo include Jude Law, Anne Hathaway, Elton John, Naomi Campbell and Tom Cruise.

Superdupercool "The Russians are coming!"  This big 
LOVE IT!!!  Yahooooo
Jenn
Jenn
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 29 May 2014, 19:49

The article said Gio's girlfriend was with them maybe she made him wear a tie lol.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Thu 29 May 2014, 20:01

Ivo is nice, but if "russians are coming" he should have gone to Osteria Boccadoro, that´s were they like to eat  Laughing Oh well maybe next time...
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 29 May 2014, 20:10

The Russian thing is funny and also the note from people magazin that George brought his bodyguard to his dates in that restaurant ( Date with Amal and SK) LOL
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 29 May 2014, 23:05

Maggy wrote:
Katiedot wrote:I don't think they look sad or unhappy at all.  To me, these are just neutral faces that people make when they're having dinner.  They'd look kind of weird if they were smiling all the time.  

"Strange how she always takes her cell with her to use the restroom"

Ha funny one Maggy! :-)

Who could she be calling?
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 29 May 2014, 23:10

(Atlante I moved your link to the friends and family section).
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 30 May 2014, 00:45

From the look on his face, his brain has just started working and he's thinking Fuck how the heck did I get here!!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by isogotit Fri 30 May 2014, 02:38

To me neither one of the look happy. Maybe because of the paps and maybe not. Hate pictures 1 and 8 of Amal, it is her nose. Looks extremely big.
isogotit
isogotit
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lionheart Fri 30 May 2014, 06:03

He seems pleased with the food and it's adorable.

lionheart
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 30 May 2014, 13:57

(1) It looks like a new hoodie, at least.

(2) This is starting to feel more and more like the 'drop anything you're doing and come with me' aspect of George's old relationships.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next