George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal's Style - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Amal's Style - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal's Style - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Amal's Style - Page 3 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Amal's Style - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Amal's Style - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Amal's Style - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Amal's Style - Page 3 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
Amal's Style - Page 3 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal's Style

+21
/
PigPen
Joanna
Katiedot
What Would He Say
mel01
lelacorb
LornaDoone
premiere
kat19
Nicky80
amaretti
fava
melbert
Donnamarie
annemarie
Alisonfan
Hebe
party animal - not!
Margaret
Pita428
25 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Amal's Style - Page 3 Empty Re: Amal's Style

Post by Donnamarie Mon 02 Mar 2015, 14:21

I appreciate WhatWouldHeSay for responding to my thoughts about your original post.  I certainly don't have an issue with your posting the Sudanese clips to highlight the dire situation that exists in many African countries and other impoverished nations.  And I admire the fact that you have been a part of trying to tackle the atrocities by going to Africa and working to make a positive impact in some way.  It's always honorable to give of one's self in that way.  

But I was immediately struck and very annoyed that you would use those clips to make your point that somehow Amal is uncaring and unaffected by those images because she wears designer clothes.  Especially when she wears them to go out for a casual sushi dinner.  Unfortunately I'll go as far as to say I thought it cheap and simplistic. But that's my opinion.  You and I obviously disagree on our perceptions here and we will have to leave it at that.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Mon 02 Mar 2015, 14:33

What Would He Say wrote:
Donnamarie wrote:WhatWouldHeSay, I also want to say that I thought it incredibly unnecessary and inappropriate to include clips of impoverished people in the Sudan to make your point.

another poster I can't find wrote:Low blow

Donnamarie, and poster I can't find (time again, sorry) for the first half of my working life I was in and out of Africa for years like a fiddlers elbow....I will NEVER think it inappropriate to hi-light a situation that is now so far out of control to be terrifying....

Did you watch the end of the first video?....did you see the pure joy, the difference to the lives of these women, made by a simple T-Shirt.

As for the "low Blow" I will never bow to intimidation when it comes to the appalling situation the west now has to deal with....purely because we have turned a blind eye to our brothers and sisters at distance......We were safe in the west, I posted over a year ago, how once when I was in India I looked around and remember clearly the conscience thought that if I was born into this place I would crawl on my hands and knees to get out...I went on to say that these places are also the places of greatest JOY..... to a degree, they knew no bettter.....but satellite comunication ended all that...... The "impoverished" people you talk about saw there was a better life, with fringes full to bursting with food, with homes with heat at the touch of a button and water you didn't have to walk miles for.....while they saw what we had we chose not to help them get it...or even worry about it......

THE ONLY PERSON WHO SAW THIS AND DECIDED TO REVERSE THE (satellite) SITUATION WAS GEORGE CLOONEY.

I am a fan....now and for the long haul.....whatever that maybe.....

Very well put, WhatWouldHeSay, and im glad u responded. In no way should it be regarded as a lowblow if someone takes the time to share those videos showing the plight of the way less fortunate. To actually protest or complain about it seems like ppl want to remain in their cozy little bubble. 

P/S - I didn't see the posting of those videos as targetting Amal, but a way to put things into perspective for everyone.

mel01
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 02 Mar 2015, 14:38

mel01, in your referencing the eonline link re Amal's cost breakdown of the outfit she wore out for the sushi dinner I just want to add that the article also included links to other celebrities who wear designer clothes when they are just out and about.  This is not isolated to Amal.  Lots of wealthy women, including many celebrities wear expensive clothes.  Even casual expensive attire.  Amal is just getting a lot of press now with a focus on what she wears.  Which is unfortunate but I don't know if she would feel compelled to change up her way of dressing to take the focus off her expensive tastes.  Does she see it as a negative?  I just don't know.  But I dont think her measure as a woman should be tied to the fact that she likes to wear expensive clothing.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Mon 02 Mar 2015, 14:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correct spelling)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 02 Mar 2015, 17:45

I think George loves expensive clothing too. His leather jackets look like the best soft leather. Hmmmm....love that smell. Lol.
His motorcycling leathers and boots look very upmarket to me. 
If one earns good money by their own efforts,
I see no harm in spending it on quality.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Mon 02 Mar 2015, 18:17

Joanna wrote:I think George loves expensive clothing too. His leather jackets look like the best soft leather. Hmmmm....love that smell. Lol.
His motorcycling leathers and boots look very upmarket to me. 
If one earns good money by their own efforts,
I see no harm in spending it on quality.

Hmmm, i totally agree - no harm at all spending on quality. George's dressing may look understated when he's out and about but it's highly likely that they're of the best quality and expensive...i wouldn't be expecting George, who earns millions a year, to be wearing average-priced stuff. The key point being that it is all George's money.

Last edited by mel01 on Mon 02 Mar 2015, 18:56; edited 1 time in total

mel01

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 02 Mar 2015, 18:42

George being a taurus would definitely like fine fabrics nothing cheap that is just something they enjoy. He would also want this for his wife no cheap fabrics everything should be very good quality .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Mon 02 Mar 2015, 18:53

Donnamarie wrote:mel01, in your referencing the eonline link re Amal's cost breakdown of the outfit she wore out for the sushi dinner I just want to add that the article also included links to other celebrities who wear designer clothes when they are just out and about.  This is not isolated to Amal.  Lots of wealthy women, including many celebrities wear expensive clothes.  Even casual expensive attire.  Amal is just getting a lot of press now with a focus on what she wears.  Which is unfortunate but I don't know if she would feel compelled to change up her way of dressing to take the focus off her expensive tastes.  Does she see it as a negative?  I just don't know.  But I dont think her measure as a woman should be tied to the fact that she likes to wear expensive clothing.

Yes Donnamarie, i was aware of that when i posted the link. But i just don't believe Amal dressed as expensively as that (or could afford to) till after she became engaged and married George...yes i know she wore D&G and Chanel pieces sometimes, but the addition of the expensive clutch and boots? No, independently wealthy or not, she wouldn't have had the means to splurge like that.
  Anyway, i was merely responding to WWHS's comments earlier. I wasn't really bringing up Amal's outfit on that particular sushi dinner outing. Like i said before, i actually liked what she was wearing, but the clutch was unnecessary and impractical for that particular outfit and outing (in my opinion), and then when u factor in those boots (which i have no problem with, but the choice of all these expensive accessories together). I think others just don't see what i meant when i first brought up the issue of her dressing on that day, and it's fine that ppl don't agree...i was just pointing out a pattern of dressing (in Amal's case). In fact, if u remember, there was once a pic of Amal coming back from overseas, and she was photographed arriving at the airport in that designer black and white checked suit, designer shoes and a uniquely-shaped bag. On that particular occasion as well, i did point out that there was something pretentious about the whole outfit with the bag. In that case there was no price breakdown, but i wouldn't be surprised if that entire outfit with the accessories cost up to 100k (simply because bags like that can be that expensive). So it's never been about the price, just that in some pics in particular, i just feel instinctively she didn't come across as genuine, instead like she was dressed to impress, or dressed for the paps.
   Well, George's fortune must be at least 200 million, so i guess i can't find fault with his new wife for spending in the price range she does. The wife of the leader of my country is a very stylish woman who always dressed up way before her husband ever reached the top post. She is reviled by the people and absolutely detested mainly because of her spending and love of all things expensive. In their case they also use the defense of being "independently wealthy". Nobody takes anything she says seriously, even when she talks about serious welfare issues, how can they trust someone who chooses to spend lavishly like that. Ppl dislike her husband even more because of her. I'm not even exaggerating about her, though i don't wanna name her here. Well i'm not in any way comparing her to Amal (because they are so different), but just giving an example of how someone can be distrusted and disliked due to their choices.

mel01

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 02 Mar 2015, 20:41

mel01, in reference to your comment about the outfit Amal wore on her return trip from Greece I also said I thought the round handbag was pretentious.  Someone responded "how can a bag be pretentious?"  I felt like she was trying too hard to make a fashion statement.  You and I agree there.

But I don't want to judge Amal and what drives her to make the choices of clothes to wear.   She had a certain amount of wealth before George.  And she had a strong fashion sense before George.  The public wasn't as privy to her way of dressing before George so we don't know how much she was able to indulge in designer clothing.  But she had a fair number of pieces.  It's what she is used to.   None of us know very much about her and that is very frustrating and leads many to have preconceived opinions of her.  But  I still hang on to my belief that after all these years George would not finally marry a woman he didn't have total faith and trust in and didn't share a lot of the same values.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 02 Mar 2015, 20:59

George I believe married Amal because she has the same values he has. I don't think he would have married her other wise George took a long time to marry that tells me he knew what he was looking for in a woman and Amal filled the bill for him. I think Amal has always dressed in expensive things the Chanel suit was  2012 so I believe we have no idea what she could or couldn't afford. These clothes can be bought on sale so she doesn't have to have paid full price for them.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Tue 03 Mar 2015, 18:36

George has not to pay for Amal fashion passion, the Greek ship owner do it.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Tue 03 Mar 2015, 18:38

Good job he is Magnate.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Wed 04 Mar 2015, 04:08

Why does this give me Ari Onassis vibes?
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 05 Mar 2015, 17:40

Joanna wrote:Whatwouldhesay wrote..."Again, you Way are also right she is not obliged to feed and clothe the world....

Sadly most people 99.9% feel the same." [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With respect wwhs.....I think you're generalising
too much here.   flower

None of us can possibly know that fact.

Jo, your right no one has an accurate figure on this, it was more an expression than a fact.
Sorry late getting back to you.
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 05 Mar 2015, 18:04

No probs WWHS.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 05 Mar 2015, 18:08

Donnamarie wrote:I don't feel that I "picked" on what WhatWouldHeSay when I defended Amal yesterday.  I disagree with her perceptions and I especially took issue with her including clips of The Sudanese people to defend her argument about Amal. I suspect she knew she would get a robust response to her post.  Discussion of Amal here is a hot button item.

Donnamarie
I did hope for some replies but was amazed by the actual response..... I was worried when Nicky decided to lump the post (which was on it's own thread) into the Amal style thread.... in fairness I have no issue with her style at all....so to lump the two together wasn't in my mind a good idea.

Fava wrote:favaWhy aren't you equally critical of George's expensive homes in Italy, Cabo and England?  Or when he takes a private jet?  Or any other "luxury" item he spends his money on.  I see a double standard regarding her clothes.

Fava
I see the difference in the term "Assets"  In other words these homes will continue to rocket (hopefully) in value on a daily basis. Clothing does not.  I am never critical of George's homes but last year I posted that I dearly hoped he would leave the Villa to the ppl of Lagio. And in an RIP situation, I kinda hoped that once he looked after his family the rest would go towards SSP....but the present Mrs Clooney may have something to say about that now..... And so she should!

Again Ladies, sorry for late late reply!  Hope this kind of covers everyone.  If not PM me please.
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 13 Mar 2015, 13:09

Didn't want to bring this up on the 100Lives thread since almost every thread ends up in a discussion of Amal.  But Amal looked pretty sexy in the blue dress she wore to the event.  I mean that in a good way.  It was fitted and really flattered her figure. Even tho she is pretty slim it really accentuated her attributes.  And the blue coat she paired with it was gorgeous.  Amal style blog thinks the dress was a Versace design.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 13 Mar 2015, 13:10

Yes, but appropriate to wear no underwear? for lawyer?

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 13 Mar 2015, 13:38

Alisonfan wrote:Yes, but appropriate to wear no underwear? for lawyer?

Where did it say that Alisonfan ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 13 Mar 2015, 13:49

Don't know about you, but I can see a black bra strap........

Stella McCartney dress. And probably chosen to match the Armenian Genocide Centenary button which is a forget-me-not.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 13 Mar 2015, 13:58

How do we get from a complement on her blue dress to shes not wearing underwear.  Do I really need to defend her wearing undergarments.  OMG!

PAN, so it's Stella McCartney?  I should let Amal's style blog know they got it wrong.  I liked it on her.  Simple and elegant with a bit pizazz to keep it interesting.  And it went so well with George's blue shirt and tie.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 13 Mar 2015, 14:16

Here's the pin:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 13 Mar 2015, 15:41

Donnamarie wrote:How do we get from a complement on her blue dress to shes not wearing underwear.  Do I really need to defend her wearing undergarments.  OMG!

PAN, so it's Stella McCartney?  I should let Amal's style blog know they got it wrong.  I liked it on her.  Simple and elegant with a bit pizazz to keep it interesting.  And it went so well with George's blue shirt and tie.

Yes O M G indeed.

I did like the dress and handbag (purse) and the blue coat when they were 
leaving made a lovely total look IMO of course.

Btw here in UK a purse is what we keep our money inside a hand bag.
So what is that called across the pond ? I've often wondered.

Sorry go a tad off topic.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 13 Mar 2015, 16:27

Handbag or purse. For money and ID and such, a wallet (or coin purse, if you're of a certain generation).

On topic: Amal probably doesn't have need for much in her purse besides a phone and a form of ID. Oh, maybe lipstick and an eyebrow pencil. Which makes me wonder why she's so into big purses.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 13 Mar 2015, 16:31

Joanna, here in the states we keep our money in a wallet and we use the terms handbag and purse.  Amal's handbag was so pretty and springlike.  Maybe she thought she could hurry spring along in NYC if she used it the other night.  Actually it was perfect with her outfit and the occasion.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 13 Mar 2015, 17:54

Thanks for the explanation re purse and hand bag.

I think I've only seen Amal with a large hand bag
when she's been working.
That's like any other business woman who has to carry 
paperwork and laptop.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 13 Mar 2015, 19:28

Actually, she may have her phone makeup bag , hair brush, and what ever else she likes to carry . whether they need it or not some women carry a lot of stuff for just in case moments.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 20 Mar 2015, 12:07

Vintage shopping in NYC with a girlfriend according to Peoplestyle:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Amal Clooney's Latest Purchase? A Vintage Fur Baseball Cap

Even Amal Clooney likes a bargain.
The famously-fashionable lawyer was spotted shopping at the high-end, vintage Manhattan boutique, What Goes Around Comes Around, last week.
“She was there with a girlfriend,” an observer tells PEOPLE. “She was fawning over all the Chanel goodies there.”
Mrs. George Clooney, 37, scooped up a Chanel knit dress, a metallic dress, and mink fur baseball cap at the hot, secondhand boutique in Soho where Adam Levine, Rachel Zoe and Lana del Ray also like to shop, says the observer.
“Amal was very happy having a fun shopping day with a girlfriend in NYC,” the insider ads. “They both bought stuff.”
Amal has been spotted out and about in Manhattan now that she has joined the faculty at Columbia Law School in New York City, which PEOPLE reported March 6.

The London-based attorney will lecture on human rights law as a visiting faculty member and as a senior fellow with the Law School’s Human Rights Institute, the college confirmed in a statement obtained by PEOPLE.
The newlyweds plan to spend a lot of time in NYC these days. While she’s teaching, husband George Clooney will be filming Money Monster, which also stars Julia Roberts and will be directed by Jodie Foster.
Are you surprised Amal shops at vintage stores?

Last edited by Nicky80 on Fri 20 Mar 2015, 21:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 21 Mar 2015, 05:08

Surprised that she shops at vintage stores? No, not at all. You can get great bargains and fab clothes in vintage stores.

Surprised that she's dumb enough to buy real fur? Yes. Yes, yes, yes and yes. Vintage or not, it still sells the idea to idiots that fur is acceptable.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebe Sat 21 Mar 2015, 14:49

I was very surprised about the fur too, even if it is vintage. Stella McCartney, who seems to be a friend of theirs is very anti wearing real fur.

Hebe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebe Sat 21 Mar 2015, 16:25

There is some information and pics of the What Goes Around Comes Around vintage store where Amal was shopping on the Amal Style Blog.

Hebe

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 21 Mar 2015, 16:45

I'm not being sycafantic (sp) here but there could 
have been reasons why she bought the "fur" hat,
if it really was fur. Some fake fur is very realistic.

Maybe it could have been bought with the idea of burning it so no one else could wear "fur" ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 21 Mar 2015, 17:01

How do we get from a complement on her blue dress to shes not wearing underwear.

Hey Donnamarie... welcome to COH!!!!!! LOL

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 21 Mar 2015, 17:35

Haha PigPen.  Yea right. I know.  Never know what's coming from around the corner on COH.  

Hebe,  I have to admit I cringed a bit when I read she had bought a fur lined cap.  AND she is friends with Stella McCartney who is a strong advocate against the use of mink and fur in the fashion industry.  Being an optimist I can only hope the cap was made of synthetic fake designer fur.  But if not well I don't know what to think.  Amal is certainly entitled to her own views on the use of fur in the industry.  Assuming she has a position or view on it.  I will say if I was her friend and was with her the day Amal bought this cap I would have said something to her. 

I recently read that Stella McCartney was introducing a fake fur line of clothing to her collection this year.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 21 Mar 2015, 17:38

Yep, and Amal was wearing a fake fur piece to Danesefield House

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 21 Mar 2015, 20:16

It seems like there was a lot of fur showing up on the runways this season - both real and fake. I guess everyone has to decide for themselves. I still haven't figured out what to do with a fur coat I inherited from my grandmother, along with some fur collars for sweaters. These critters were dead long before I was even born (and that was longer ago than I like to think about). It seems stupid not to make use of them, but it doesn't feel right wearing them either. Any thoughts?

A bit off topic here since not really about Amal. Not sure but maybe this should be moved to a different thread.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by / Sat 21 Mar 2015, 21:26

If you're really strict about this, then you wouldn't wear your grandmother's fur either. I, on the other hand, would not have any problem with wearing vintage fur, because as you said, Lizzy, it was made so long or longer ago. A fur coat is just so decadent these days that it takes courage to wear it, I think.

/

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 21 Mar 2015, 21:29

Frankly, I don't think her friendship with Stella should stop her wearing what she likes. I have a vegetarian friend I eat meat. We all have the right to choose what we like and what we don't .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 22 Mar 2015, 00:37

annemarie wrote:Frankly, I don't think her friendship with Stella should stop her wearing what she likes. I have a vegetarian friend I eat meat. We all have the right to choose what we like and what we don't .

You make a good point and an obvious one annemarie. We all have the right to choose what we like and don't like.  Being a vegetarian and eating meat is a good example.  The wearing of fur draws strong reactions from a lot of people on a political and humane level.  Codexchick said it well in her post.  It takes courage to wear fur out in public these days.

I guess I'm surprised that Amal would purchase real fur but I don't know what her views are and it is her personal choice.  If I had been shopping with her as a friend I do think I would have still asked her if she was ok with buying genuine fur.  Of course, there's a possibility that it wasn't real fur too.

LizzyNY, I have a friend who has a fur coat that was her mom's years ago.  She keeps it in storage most of the time.  i think she feels that it's ok to wear since it was from her mom's era.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 22 Mar 2015, 02:25

Donnamarie - Even though I don't believe in killing animals for their fur, I tend to agree with your friend - at least most of the time.  The coats already exist. To hide them away seems wasteful.

The problem is that when you wear a fur coat the people who see it don't know that it's an antique. They make comments and give you dirty looks. It can be very unpleasant.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 22 Mar 2015, 02:49

Yes Lizzy. It's a dilemma.  I've never owned a fur.  But I assume women who own one or did in the past felt luxurious when wearing it.  Gives a woman a feeling of glamour.  Nowadays it's so unusual to see women wearing furs that when you do it can draw negative attention.  People can be very judgemental.  So kinda defeats the pleasure of wearing a fur if in the end you might feel uncomfortable.  So if you decide to wear it you got to own it ... so to speak.  You know?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 22 Mar 2015, 07:35

I think there's a difference between what you wear and what you eat. We all have to eat (and meat eaters can also choose to eat ethically produced meat so to speak if they want) but nobody has to wear fur. Even in extremes of weather, there are modern textiles that are a lot better at keeping humans warm than fur - arctic explorers don't wear fur on their expeditions.

The problem I have with wearing vintage fur is that it still promotes the idea that wearing fur is luxurious or laudable or stylish or desirable. The fact that the animals died a long time ago is irrelevant: people wearing furs in public still says that it's ok to kill animals in order to wear their skins and I guess you could say that it also encourages people who don't have access to a vintage fur to go out and buy a new one because it's ok to wear fur.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Sun 22 Mar 2015, 09:17

Katiedot- I know I very seldom agree with many of you, but I agree with what you say 100%,  when the animal was killed is irrelevant just so you can wear their skins.  Vintage or new you are wearing a poor dead animal.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 22 Mar 2015, 16:48

Guys - I agree 100% with what you're saying. I don't believe in killing animals just to wear their skins. It's cruel, self-indulgent and unnecessary.  If we waited until they died of old age and then used their fur I might feel differently, but we don't. If we had no warmer option I might feel differently, but we do.There are man made fabrics that are much warmer than fur.

So...dilemma time. scratch Wearing furs isn't a good idea for a lot of reasons. What to do with the fur coat and collars inherited from a time when they were worn with pride? I'm haunted by the thought that somewhere "up there" there might be a bunch of  angry minks saying "Dammit, you killed us for our  fur. The least you can do is wear the damn coat!" warning
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 28 Mar 2015, 14:22

Just a random observation.  The top of Amal's jumpsuit she wore to Tina Brown's looked just like the top of the outfit she wore in the cell phone pic taken of she and George last week at the Carlye bar.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 28 Mar 2015, 14:34

OMFE!!  Does that mean she wore the same outfit TWICE?????  affraid
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 28 Mar 2015, 14:43

melbert wrote:OMFE!!  Does that mean she wore the same outfit TWICE?????  affraid

sarcasm
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 28 Mar 2015, 14:47

LizzyNY wrote:It seems like there was a lot of fur showing up on the runways this season - both real and fake. I guess everyone has to decide for themselves. I still haven't figured out what to do with a fur coat I inherited from my grandmother, along with some fur collars for sweaters. These critters were dead long before I was even born (and that was longer ago than I like to think about). It seems stupid not to make use of them, but it doesn't feel right wearing them either. Any thoughts?

A bit off topic here since not really about Amal. Not sure but maybe this should be moved to a different thread.

Re "any thoughts" Lizzy....maybe sell them and give money to favourite charity ?
Or hire them out to amature dramatic clubs and again use the money as above ?
Just random thoughts that popped into my head. Lol.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 30 Mar 2015, 20:20

If she sells them, then someone else wears them.  At the risk of being politically incorrect... you've got old furs... wear them.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 30 Mar 2015, 22:04

Joanna - I'm not sure what I'll do with the coat, but those are both great ideas. I've been thinking I might use the fur collars to make stuffed toys for a couple of the kids in the family. They could act as stand-ins for the pets they're not allowed to have. I guess I'll figure something out.

PP-Is that politically incorrect enough for you? Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 31 Mar 2015, 04:18

I was thinking maybe if you can find a good tailor - and it's doable - get them cut into bedspreads. That way you benefit from them, but not in public.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next