George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal Alamuddin's style: 8 fashion lessons from Clooney's fiancée EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Amal Alamuddin's style: 8 fashion lessons from Clooney's fiancée EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal Alamuddin's style: 8 fashion lessons from Clooney's fiancée EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Amal Alamuddin's style: 8 fashion lessons from Clooney's fiancée EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Amal Alamuddin's style: 8 fashion lessons from Clooney's fiancée EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Amal Alamuddin's style: 8 fashion lessons from Clooney's fiancée EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Amal Alamuddin's style: 8 fashion lessons from Clooney's fiancée EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Amal Alamuddin's style: 8 fashion lessons from Clooney's fiancée EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
Amal Alamuddin's style: 8 fashion lessons from Clooney's fiancée EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal Alamuddin's style: 8 fashion lessons from Clooney's fiancée

+15
The next mrs clooney
Donnamarie
Maggy
Alisonfan
Nicky80
LizzyNY
party animal - not!
jd68
bgarabedian
Cece42
Pita428
Silje
LornaDoone
annemarie
Sevens
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Amal Alamuddin's style: 8 fashion lessons from Clooney's fiancée Empty Amal Alamuddin's style: 8 fashion lessons from Clooney's fiancée

Post by Sevens Tue 16 Sep 2014, 08:37

[size=32]Amal Alamuddin's style: 8 fashion lessons from Clooney's fiancée
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Rina RaphaelTODAY
15 hours ago[/size]

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Reddit
  • Pinterest
  • Email

British-Lebanese human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin stole the heart of Hollywood's most eligible bachelor, and we can see why — she's accomplished, talented, beautiful and effortlessly chic. Though it's her impressive humanitarian work that has charmed the world over, we can't help but also notice her bold and fun fashion taste. Behold, a few pointers from the future Mrs. Clooney:
Embrace prints: Amal isn't afraid to stand out with bright, floral prints that are feminine without being too juvenile or sweet. (And having Clooney on one's arm certainly doesn't hurt either.)
Photoshot
[size]
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin coming out from hotel St. Regis in Florence, Italy on Sept. 8, 2014.[/size]
Keep it simple: The brunette beauty opted for a sleek strapless black Dolce & Gabanna gown for a black-tie gala, letting her dangling gold earrings steal the scene. 
Andrew Goodman / Getty Images
[size]
Amal Alamuddin and George Clooney attend the Celebrity Fight Night In Italy Benefitting The Andrea Bocelli Foundation and The Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center Gala on Sept. 7, 2014 in Florence, Italy.[/size]
Get some color: Amal knows how incorporate a bold hue or print, without erring on being inappropriate at global summits or serious events. We love this orange skirt suit, which looks elegantly colorful and sophisticated.
Karwai Tang / WireImage
[size]
Amal Alamuddin attends the Global Summit to end Sexual Violence in Conflict at ExCel on June 12, 2014 in London, England.[/size]
Break the fashion "rules": It must be her adventurous spirit that has Clooney — and fashion fans — bewitched. Amal somehow makes graphic pants paired with two-tone Oxfords and black socks actually work.
INFphoto.com
[size]
Amal Alamuddin leaves her hotel in New York City wearing an eclectic pair of trousers and shoes.[/size]
Get matchy-matchy: Amal favors a matching skirt suit, but we adore how she paired this collarless purple style with just a peek of yellow. 
INFphoto.com
[size]
Alamuddin is seen here leaving work in London, UK and getting some coffee at Starbucks.[/size]
Play up your neutrals: Who says beige is boring? It certainly isn't when accessorized correctly: similarly-toned shoes, bags and, of course, a fun statement necklace.
INFphoto.com
[size]
Amal Alamuddin, fiancee of George Clooney, wears a chic neutral-colored outfit in London.[/size]
Have some fun:  A bubble-gum pink dress with different colored shoes? Cute, chic and just the right amount of playful.
INFphoto.com
[size]
Alamuddin is seen looking pretty in pink while out in London in May.[/size]
Travel in comfort: Amal arrived at LAX in distressed boy jeans, a ribbed sweater, flats and some shades. Looks cool but comfy enough to relax while sipping gin 'n tonics and catching up on the latest SkyMall.
Splash News
Amal Alamuddin arrives at Heathrow Airport from Los Angeles.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Amal Alamuddin's style: 8 fashion lessons from Clooney's fiancée Empty Re: Amal Alamuddin's style: 8 fashion lessons from Clooney's fiancée

Post by Sevens Tue 16 Sep 2014, 08:39

[size=54]Worn Out? Stars Step Out In Same Style[/size]

by Antoinette Bueno      7:46 AM PDT, September 10, 2014

[size=30]TAYLOR SWIFT VS. AMAL ALAMUDDIN[/size]

Taylor Swift was first to sport this colorful Oscar de la Renta dress during one of hersuper-stylish post-gym appearances on June 20, 2014, which George Clooney's fiancé Amal Alamuddin later wore exiting a hotel in Florence on September 8. 

Who looks best in the designer dress, Taylor or Amal?

Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Amal Alamuddin's style: 8 fashion lessons from Clooney's fiancée Empty Re: Amal Alamuddin's style: 8 fashion lessons from Clooney's fiancée

Post by annemarie Tue 16 Sep 2014, 11:41

I think it is a pretty dress and looks good on both women. Not feeling Taylors green shoes and bag though.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 16 Sep 2014, 22:48

I always prefer a longer version of most dresses.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Tue 16 Sep 2014, 23:25

I hate the red floral dress she had on when she left Florens. But it does look a little better on Taylor Swift. But the green shoes and bag looks terrible with the dress.
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Wed 17 Sep 2014, 04:45

Given that Taylor Swift is 5"10", a good 3" taller than Amal, of course it will look shorter on her. Of course given that she is still 20ish it is an entirely appropriate length on her.
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Wed 17 Sep 2014, 06:41

All it takes is MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Wed 17 Sep 2014, 07:50

i like most of her fashion, but the hole in the jeans looks trashy. but I know this is the style but not on her. her other looks are great and I am sure george likes them all . he likes whatever she wears but I like whatever he wears. bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Wed 17 Sep 2014, 09:56

Cece42 wrote:All it takes is MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then please explain the Kardashians! LOL!  Very Happy
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Wed 17 Sep 2014, 11:08

jd68 wrote:
Cece42 wrote:All it takes is MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then please explain the Kardashians! LOL!  Very Happy

Money don't buy class. But it is easier to dress classy if you have money.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 04 Oct 2014, 09:59

Amal's hairdresser:

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 04 Oct 2014, 13:11

I read somewhere (please don't ask where - I've read so many articles about the wedding I'm cross-eyed!) that Anna Wintour was at the wedding because she advised Amal on what to wear for the weekend. If she's been Amal's "stylist", I'd bet she started "helping" her around the time of the Fight Night gala.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 04 Oct 2014, 13:15

Maybee Anna Wintour knows how to style other people. But she was in my opinion the worst dressed person on that wedding.

Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 04 Oct 2014, 15:32

I think Anna was there because of the article in Vogue on Oscar. Probably as a thank you for the article.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 04 Oct 2014, 15:33

Oscar wasn't there because he had a bad cold .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 06 Oct 2014, 22:20

Moved the posts about the Simpsons here

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Tue 07 Oct 2014, 10:23

I think Amal will make a really good fashionista

"Chrysanthemum" in her hair here is very large, it may have been better if it were real.  but this fake one really makes a statement. 

Side way view

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

Face on. At a jaunty angle. So cutesy.

Face on again, it manages to hang on in there throughout the party.  Is it a fascinator?

Looks like they are having a really good time!!!

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Tue 07 Oct 2014, 10:27

Always love this Jumpsuit, really like the white pop socks as worn here with silver shoes.
and the cinched in belt really accentuates her waist and hips.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 07 Oct 2014, 20:39

LizzyNY wrote:I read somewhere (please don't ask where - I've read so many articles about the wedding I'm cross-eyed!) that Anna Wintour was at the wedding because she advised Amal on what to wear for the weekend. If she's been Amal's "stylist", I'd bet she started "helping" her around the time of the Fight Night gala.

Anna said she would never wear head-to-toe black as amal did.

Listen at 2:12

Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 07 Oct 2014, 20:41

Amal has changed a lot from those pictures Alisonfan posted.

Wonder what her secret is for growing hair Shocked
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 07 Oct 2014, 21:01

Maggy - Just because she wouldn't wear it doesn't mean she wouldn't dress someone else in it. She might feel she wouldn't look good in all black. Besides, a stylist recommends what to wear but doesn't have the final say - the person they're dressing does.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 07 Oct 2014, 21:26

Not only Anna wouldn't wear it she wouldn't put in her magazine cover.

Listen at 3:55

Obviously she is very much against it. But you are right, it is ultimately the wearer's choice.
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 07 Oct 2014, 21:49

Maggy - Personally, I think that black gown was one of Amal's best looks. It was simple, elegant and black looks really good on her.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Wed 08 Oct 2014, 12:27

Maggy wrote:
LizzyNY wrote:I read somewhere (please don't ask where - I've read so many articles about the wedding I'm cross-eyed!) that Anna Wintour was at the wedding because she advised Amal on what to wear for the weekend. If she's been Amal's "stylist", I'd bet she started "helping" her around the time of the Fight Night gala.

Anna said she would never wear head-to-toe black as amal did.

I believe Anna was commissioned around end of March to look into Amal's future styling and suggest stylists in London and New York, and possibly LA.  I believe she "jumped at the chance, and could see great potential".

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 08 Oct 2014, 13:42

Allisonfan - You might be right. What is the source you're quoting?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 08 Oct 2014, 14:24

Lizzy, you're so right about Anna Wintour. Yes, she said she wouldn't do black head to toe, I can imagine that. I wouldn't, at a certain age, either.

But Amal's look in Florence was not strictly speaking head to toe - and it looked brilliant!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 08 Oct 2014, 14:54

I think one of the reasons the D&G dress worked for Amal is that is was strapless and highlighted her fair skin against her dark hair. it was a gorgeous look for her.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Wed 08 Oct 2014, 22:05

LizzyNY wrote:Allisonfan - You might be right. What is the source you're quoting?

LizzyNY, it was L'OFFICIEL and I made a mistake they said Anna W was commissioned the start of March not the end.  Last month the same mag said Anna had a hand in dressing EVERYBODY at the wedding.  Except for some ppl the night before (Friday) who were not going to be needed for photography, and were left to make their own decision about where to eat and what to wear on the friday night (they were allowed to wear their own clothes then and they said cattily pay for their own dinner ouch!).

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 08 Oct 2014, 23:36

Alisonfan  - Thanks for the info. Do you think she really dressed "everybody" at the wedding, or just the bridal party - his and her families? Too bad she didn't have someone there to dress her. IMO, Anna was the worst dressed one at the wedding.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 09 Oct 2014, 22:04

She's not a stylist she an editor.  There's no way she dressed anyone at the wedding, thats what stylists do. Completely beneath  the devil.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 09 Oct 2014, 22:34

TNMC - I'd agree with you except it was probably the only way she could get invited to the wedding. She'd probably have styled Einstein to get that invitation. Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 15 Oct 2014, 03:41

The style blog for Amal Alamuddin has a bunch of pictures from today's meeting in Greece and a close-up of the earrings she was wearing. They are stunning and look like a Clooney gift. Go to Amal's site to check out the style blog.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 21 Oct 2014, 02:18

Amals handbags used during the rehearsal dinner and the bag she used when she was wearing the orange dress are by a company called Sarah's bags. The white and black bag that looked like a hat box is also by this company. The owner of the company is Lebanese. The women who make the bags are Lebanese  prisoners, former prisoners and women at risk. It is an ethical company.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 21 Oct 2014, 03:12

Annemarie, I read the same today when I went to Amal's style blog. She has used a number of Sarah's bags of late. I really liked the one that is based on a Lebanese board game ... one that you mentioned when she wore the orange dress in Como. I did not know the background of the company. Nice find! I am really fascinated by her style.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 21 Oct 2014, 03:22

Oscar de la renta passed away today.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 21 Oct 2014, 03:31

I did not know that. Didn't hear it on the news. So sad. A very talented designer. Distinctive style. A very elegant man. He will be missed.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 21 Oct 2014, 12:36

I just saw it on the news. How sad. He was one of the few designers who truly understood grace and elegance.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by / Tue 21 Oct 2014, 15:27

Alisonfan, where did you find those older pictures of her?

/

Back to top Go down

Post by ldg Thu 23 Oct 2014, 00:11

I tend to really love her work/professional outfits but can't stand her casual ones.    I remember seeing the picture of her in her bikini (the one where she was voted Hottest Barrister or something like that...and thinking how unprofessional that was.  Can't imagine a male lawyer being photographed in his underwear (and that's all a bikini to be honest).  she wasn't so thin at that time either.  she definitely has her own sense of style though.

ldg
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 23 Oct 2014, 00:31

Those pictures in bikinis were NOT Amal.  One in particular was a George ex? Monika Jakisic.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by ldg Thu 23 Oct 2014, 00:38

I'm sure I saw it on the hottest barrister site. sure looked like her.

ldg
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 23 Oct 2014, 00:56

Idg - I saw it, too. Mel, it was her in a white bikini. It definitely wasn't Monika. This was a much skinnier woman, and you could see every muscle in her abs. I remember it because I was shocked at how thin she was.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 23 Oct 2014, 01:48

I love how she dressed for the wedding and for work. I have liked two of her causal outfits. But that is her style so good for her being individual.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 23 Oct 2014, 03:07

Idg and LizzyNY, are you sure you saw her a bikini? Was this a candid shot that the hottest barrister site showed of Amal? How come the public has never seen it. Ive seen many pics of Amal. Never have come across one with her in a bikini. In fact, I was thinking the other day that is the first woman George has ever been involved with that has never been photographed in a bikini. In fact, I've never seen her show any cleavage.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 23 Oct 2014, 04:23

None of these women pictured along side of Amal are Amal.

melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Amal Alamuddin's style: 8 fashion lessons from Clooney's fiancée Empty Amal Clooney's style

Post by party animal - not! Thu 23 Oct 2014, 10:57

Do we have this?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 23 Oct 2014, 10:59

Those women are definitely not Amal. I think if there were pictures of Amal in a bikini they would be all over the net and there are none.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 23 Oct 2014, 11:55

If you Google Amal and click on her images there are many pics of other women there. Pics of Monika are included there too. There is even one of her in a white bikini standing in a doorway. But definitely not Amal.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Thu 23 Oct 2014, 12:03

Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by / Thu 23 Oct 2014, 12:09

No, definitely not Amal. She's even skinnier than that woman in the white bikini I think.

/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next