George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
So do you think he'll be supportive of Amal's career? EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
So do you think he'll be supportive of Amal's career? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
So do you think he'll be supportive of Amal's career? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
So do you think he'll be supportive of Amal's career? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
So do you think he'll be supportive of Amal's career? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
So do you think he'll be supportive of Amal's career? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
So do you think he'll be supportive of Amal's career? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
So do you think he'll be supportive of Amal's career? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
So do you think he'll be supportive of Amal's career? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

So do you think he'll be supportive of Amal's career?

+16
lelacorb
ktsue2002
Way2Old4Dis
Missa
Carla97
fava
annemarie
jd68
NewFanForever
Katiedot
Pari
LornaDoone
party animal - not!
Sevens
silly girl
premiere
20 posters

Go down

So do you think he'll be supportive of Amal's career? Empty So do you think he'll be supportive of Amal's career?

Post by premiere Fri 21 Mar 2014, 02:35

One thing that has always bugged me about George is the way he was so dismissive of his girlfriend's careers. Granted, they weren't exactly wildly successful, but he was in a relationship with them, and I felt he should have been outwardly supportive. He wasn't in the audience at Dancing With the Stars, and wasn't there any other time Elizabetta was performing. Didn't Stacy have a premiere for something she was doing? Didn't show up. I don't buy that it would have taken the spotlight away from them if he was there. It would have shown a loving boyfriend being there for his girlfriend. My impression was that, compared to his accomplishments, their event just wasn't in the same league. For that reason alone, I would have dumped his ass if I were EC or Stacy.

Now he's dating someone very highly respected and accomplished. We'll see if he's there if she does something career-wise that he can publicly support. I have a feeling he'll be there, which doesn't say much about his feelings for his other girlfriends (or him, for that matter.)

premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

So do you think he'll be supportive of Amal's career? Empty Re: So do you think he'll be supportive of Amal's career?

Post by silly girl Fri 21 Mar 2014, 02:42

When EC was on Dancing with Stars they were already broken up...but I agree he doesn't seem to support their endeavors....time will tell....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

So do you think he'll be supportive of Amal's career? Empty Re: So do you think he'll be supportive of Amal's career?

Post by Sevens Fri 21 Mar 2014, 02:46

Opps...what happened to your computer SG?
As for the question, my answer is yes. They have lots of political business to do together, that's perhaps how they met in the first place.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 21 Mar 2014, 02:55

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that His Nibs is completely in awe of her, never mind what else he feels - look what she's achieved in such a short space of time..

And I think he'll be supportive, yes. What's the betting he went to pick her up en route to where-ever? (saying he'll be in London instead of at the Oscars a Freudian slip maybe...)

Don't think she'd do the redcarpet, who-are-you-wearing thing tho

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 21 Mar 2014, 03:12

I think she'd do the big ones...such as Golden Globes, Oscars redcarpets if George got important nominations.
For the films George involved so much such as Monuments Men, she might do some UK redcarpets or something if the schedules won't conflict.
Might. Normally she got much work to do.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 21 Mar 2014, 03:16

Sevens wrote:Opps...what happened to your computer SG?
As for the question, my answer is yes. They have lots of political business to do together, that's perhaps how they met in the first place.

I deleted the extra repeated posts.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Fri 21 Mar 2014, 03:25

George has invariably supported his Girl Friends, that kind of runs in his vein of loyalty... a must, as one can see.  Sure, he may not make his presence felt, but surely... with what was best possible...

Let us not make plans too far, dear people... we do not know what tomorrow will bring...  I love you
Pari
Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 21 Mar 2014, 04:40

Pari wrote:George has invariably supported his Girl Friends, that kind of runs in his vein of loyalty... a must, as one can see.  Sure, he may not make his presence felt, but surely... with what was best possible...

Let us not make plans too far, dear people... we do not know what tomorrow will bring...  I love you

Have to disagree here Pari.

As others have said, George did not show up for their openings, events, etc. Yes perhaps he felt his attending would draw attention from the gal but I really think it was more that George didn't want whomever was giving his girlfriend's jobs to think he would show up and bring the event more attention - using HIS name and picture in post event media. Because by showing up he would then be tacitly endorsing whatever they were shilling. JMO

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 21 Mar 2014, 07:48

Pari wrote:George has invariably supported his Girl Friends
I'm sorry, but are you out of your mind? George has never once made the slightest effort to support his girlfriends. He's never come to any premiere or launch party or event or working activity for any of them. He's been a no-show for catwalk modelling debuts, photoshoots, interviews, TV show broadcasts, film and TV premieres, you name it, he wasn't there.

He's a busy man, sure, but it's always been the girlfriend who's had to follow him around. See above posts in this thread: already people are talking about which of HIS red carpet events she'll be attending.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Fri 21 Mar 2014, 10:00

Tomorrow I'll get out my crystal ball and take a look!..lol..

NewFanForever
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Fri 21 Mar 2014, 10:17

LornaDoone wrote:
Pari wrote:George has invariably supported his Girl Friends, that kind of runs in his vein of loyalty... a must, as one can see.  Sure, he may not make his presence felt, but surely... with what was best possible...

Have to disagree here Pari.

As others have said, George did not show up for their openings, events, etc.  Yes perhaps he felt his attending would draw attention from the gal but I really think it was more that George didn't want whomever was giving his girlfriend's jobs to think he would show up and bring the event more attention - using HIS name and picture in post event media.  Because by showing up he would then be tacitly endorsing whatever they were shilling.  JMO

I agree with LornaDoone.
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 21 Mar 2014, 10:22

Odd exceptions (that we know of) - and who knows if he arranges planes, boats and trains for them if he can't be there?) - didn't he go to Gstaad when La Canalis was filming ther?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 21 Mar 2014, 11:13

I think he will support her , it depends on what the function is I think something for charity he would attend.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 21 Mar 2014, 13:13

Well he has worn the t- shirt!  Is that as far as he will go?  Who knows.  I hope he does not require her to make all the sacrifices, because that could hurt her. She has a serious career and he needs to respect that.  Presumably she will not follow him all around like Sarah, EC, and Stacy.  

Whether the relationship lasts may also depend on whether she is interested in kids.  He has said he is not.  If he has changed or is really in love (doubtful) she would be a substantial choice for "First Lady" de clooney in terms of his humanitarian work .

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Fri 21 Mar 2014, 13:55

I think he already has. She got an enourmous boost. Way to go. More media trial type of things to come
or
she decides to kind of retire and support him in his career...why not?
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 21 Mar 2014, 18:05

I think George plays the game that many wealthy men play, where they substitute throwing money around for actual support and attention, sometimes to an absurd extreme. There's very little in George's life that is outside of his control, at this point. So to make the claim that he CAN'T be somewhere is silly. Most important events are planned well ahead of time, and many of the projects George is involved in he is either in charge of or are only happening because of his involvement. He is almost always in a position to take a few hours or a day to participate in another event. He simply chooses not to.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 21 Mar 2014, 18:10

I'm imagining George sitting in the courtroom, cheering and pumping his fist every time Amal scores a legal point.

I'm sure he's already accompanied her to business dinners or other functions.

But I sure as hell don't want to see him breaking bread with Julian Assange...

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Fri 21 Mar 2014, 18:55

I love me some GC, but no. One or the other would have to compromise and I doubt George will ever be happy without the world seeing him as Mr. Hollywood.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Fri 21 Mar 2014, 19:07

ktsue2002 wrote:I love me some GC, but no. One or the other would have to compromise and I doubt George will ever be happy without the world seeing him as Mr. Hollywood.

I like to hope not.

I don't think at this stage GC needs any more validation as an actor or has anything more to prove career wise.

For me...it would be a time for reflection to focus on where I would like my life to go or be heading over the next 20 years.

How many films or women will be enough? Is it going to be more of the same?

iMo

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 21 Mar 2014, 19:10

I think it's Amal to be able to support in legal humanitarian causes George, George at best can wear a tschirt (publicity is always the case). For the rest of the work of Amal I do not think George has the expertise to support.
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by marysunshine Fri 21 Mar 2014, 19:39

I think George's team ( PR and lawyers) will be advising him very closely to this regard. Wasn't there a big to do in Italy with EC, drugs, and some politician that George was almost dragged into, because of some alleged party they went to.

marysunshine
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 21 Mar 2014, 20:06

marysunshine wrote:I think George's team ( PR and lawyers) will be advising him very closely to this regard.  Wasn't there a big to do in Italy with EC, drugs, and some politician that George was almost dragged into, because of some alleged party they went to.

Here you ll voglionocensurare EC but when someone has nothing to say and how you want to speak out of turn hurt someone, that is jumping out EC. It 's true that almost a model in search of fame made ​​the name of Elizabeth talking about drugs, but it is true that the Court of Milan, having made all inquiries about the case, has filed all as never happened and that the person who is sure has had relations with Berlusconi and it was at dinner that he is George (there are photos on the web) and not Elizabeth. So even censor the tread Elizabeth but when we talk to her at least try to be sure of what you are writing!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 21 Mar 2014, 21:16

NewFanForever wrote:
ktsue2002 wrote:I love me some GC, but no. One or the other would have to compromise and I doubt George will ever be happy without the world seeing him as Mr. Hollywood.

I like to hope not.

I don't think at this stage GC needs any more validation as an actor or has anything more to prove career wise.

For me...it would be a time for reflection to focus on where I would like my life to go or be heading over the next 20 years.

How many films or women will be enough? Is it going to be more of the same?

iMo

I disagree. I feel like George still feels he has a lot to prove in his career--especially as a director.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 21 Mar 2014, 21:38

lelacorb wrote:
marysunshine wrote:I think George's team ( PR and lawyers) will be advising him very closely to this regard.  Wasn't there a big to do in Italy with EC, drugs, and some politician that George was almost dragged into, because of some alleged party they went to.

Here you ll voglionocensurare EC but when someone has nothing to say and how you want to speak out of turn hurt someone, that is jumping out EC. It 's true that almost a model in search of fame made ​​the name of Elizabeth talking about drugs, but it is true that the Court of Milan, having made all inquiries about the case, has filed all as never happened and that the person who is sure has had relations with Berlusconi and it was at dinner that he is George (there are photos on the web) and not Elizabeth. So even censor the tread Elizabeth but when we talk to her at least try to be sure of what you are writing!

lela I was taking marysunshine's comment to be about Berlusconi and that trial they tried to drag George into that was about him not Eli.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sat 22 Mar 2014, 06:25

party animal - not! wrote:It wouldn't surprise me to learn that His Nibs is completely in awe of her, never mind what else he feels - look what she's achieved in such a short space of time..

And I think he'll be supportive, yes. What's the betting he went to pick her up en route to where-ever? (saying he'll be in London instead of at the Oscars a Freudian slip maybe...)

Don't think she'd do the redcarpet, who-are-you-wearing thing tho

I get a little worried when we get over-awed / begin to believe that Amal has "accomplished so much in such short a time" Smile IF it is about upping retainer value then, beware, there will be several others who can come up with stories against how she got successful / her opportunities / even George's hand in them etc... besides having to deal with a bunch of stories from very able+intellectual people from across the globe who couldn't get where she is, because of some of her "advantages" ...

It is my personal belief (and may not be important to many Smile... that anyone achieves much in their life-time, my late mother (a simple home-maker) did in her short life-span, and she left such an inspiring mark of Mission in my life... so many here on this board have achieved awesome success in their own spheres, yourself too... and we might never even know about it... Smile

Regarding George being supportive of Amal, yes OFCOURSE he will be... he already has been awhile (from what we read)... Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sat 22 Mar 2014, 06:49

Oooops I notice upthread that there are reply notes to my previous comment, thank you... Yet, I shall go with the same point I made yesterday Smile Sure George supports his Girlfriends, in the BEST ways he can, by:

(1) associating his brand value with them.  We've read in some threads about how his name has done wonders for some of them, before + during + after Smile

(2) supporting them through progressing them in their field of interest with his knowledge base... wouldn't George provide additional information IF his Girlfriend was to enter a new phase of her career / programme / project?  He might even ring up specialists in that subject to help them... simillarly in other areas, as in market research / sales / marketing management etc... there are so many branches to a tree of growth Smile

(3) his presence... the most important part (so VITAL in a relationship)... he is TALKING with them... LIVING in some ways IN their lives with them... is THERE for them... may be all in the background for us, without having to TAKE AWAY from them their lime-light position etc... and so may even refrain from being present at an event WITH THEM...  He may even provide the right stylists / PR / News-space for them for that even... and all of that is gracious much? BUT the most awesome part is THE PRESENCE at home... Smile

May be it is a cultural difference... but here in India, a spousal association is one of honour... so a man / groom / husband even associating himself with a woman / bride / wife... is about honouring her already... with his presence in her life...
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sat 22 Mar 2014, 10:05

Just a quick note to say that my list above was written with the assumption that George's relationship with his Girlfriends would in anyways involve the basic ingredients of a relationship... as in faith +love +trust +faithfulness +friendship +all other positive abstracts... Smile

The list as you see is besides the usual... Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 22 Mar 2014, 10:49

I think the point should be that Amal will support her own career, Im sure she will make time for whats important with regard to that. As to George, well why change now?
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sat 22 Mar 2014, 21:40

I think he is supportive of her career as he is wearing a T-shirt with the picture of her client Julia Tymoshenko.
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by justpassinthrough Sat 22 Mar 2014, 21:51

Butterfly wrote:I think he is supportive of her career as he is wearing a T-shirt with the picture of her client Yulia Tymoshenko.

I was wondering why he was wearing that t-shirt during the press junkets for MM. Seemed strange when he knew he was going to be photographed and videoed so much in it, and they would be around forever. Thanks for the info Butterfly! That mystery is solved.

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 22 Mar 2014, 22:30

Exactly, Butterfly. Wearing his heart on his chest.........and for all we know he could be one of her clients!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 22 Mar 2014, 22:57

party animal - not! wrote:Exactly, Butterfly. Wearing his heart on his chest.........and for all we know he could be one of her clients!

I think we can be fairly certain she's not working for him. There are some pretty significant ethical issues around dating a client. Maybe advising him, but certainly not for a paycheck, I hope.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 22 Mar 2014, 23:44

Totally agree, Missa, but it might have started with advice from someone else at Doughty Street Chambers....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Tue 25 Mar 2014, 05:37

Didn't George say that he is working with Miss Alamuddin on Sudan satellite thing?
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 25 Mar 2014, 11:38

No, I believe there was talk for a similar satellite in Syria and that is what she was involved in.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down