Log in

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Surbicon wrap party Friday night....4.12.16
Today at 15:55 by it's me

» The Serious Side
Today at 13:15 by LizzyNY

» December 2016 Chit Chat
Today at 00:19 by LizzyNY

» George to visit Yerevan April 2017 for Aurora Prize 2.12.16
Yesterday at 03:12 by melbert

» Clooney's baby?
Fri Dec 02 2016, 16:51 by amaretti

» November 2016 Chit Chat
Wed Nov 30 2016, 15:49 by ladybugcngc

» Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16
Tue Nov 29 2016, 21:35 by carolhathaway

» George and the stylist from Esquire UK article January 2014
Tue Nov 29 2016, 17:42 by Joanna

» Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Sun Nov 27 2016, 03:58 by ladybugcngc

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who will be the next g/f of...

5% 5% 
[ 4 ]
32% 32% 
[ 24 ]
1% 1% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
20% 20% 
[ 15 ]
1% 1% 
[ 1 ]
41% 41% 
[ 31 ]
 
Total Votes : 76

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by it's me on Sun Nov 17 2013, 16:58

this one

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Very Happy

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 16899
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by LornaDoone on Sun Nov 17 2013, 19:21

it's me wrote:this one

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Very Happy
Great! I'll see if I can pick up a copy! Thanks!!!


LornaDoone
Moderator

Posts : 6692
Join date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by Carla97 on Sun Nov 17 2013, 20:06

Well that book is not about her, really. I have it I got it as a present some years ago. But it has some valid tips Very Happy 

What I remember very clearly is the interview/documentary I saw on TV where she talked about her life and unicef work. Audrey on the movies and posters like " Breakfast in Tiffany" seemed very different, the image, I mean.

The undertone of that interview was...I don´t know some sadness and air of vulnerability . I´m not going to quote because I don´t remember exactly, but few points were clear, she had very troubled childhood, two bad marriages, two children to two different husbands, and never married again. But found companion, love of her life later on and spend the rest of her life with him.

She had style and she had grace and was very down to earth. Lived here and was a good mother to those kids and world famous movies star at the same time. Unique and definately one of a kind.


Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1891
Join date : 2013-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by it's me on Sun Nov 17 2013, 21:31

yes
not all about her
but tells a lot
about important things of her life Very Happy

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 16899
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by LornaDoone on Sun Nov 17 2013, 22:48

I did find a biography by her son so I've also put that one on my list to pick up.

Interestingly his last name is Ferrer but his father is not the Clooney related Ferrer it's the other one - Mel Ferrer.


LornaDoone
Moderator

Posts : 6692
Join date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by Katiedot on Wed Nov 20 2013, 06:21

Back on topic (kind of):
Ocean wrote:
Here lies the biggest fear of PR teams catering to simpleton gossip sites & tabloids.
If George Clooney's private life is OFF LIMITS as a speculative short term repetitive & ridiculous show.

How many interest groups miss out profit on that money making venture???
If it was limited to a degree, can they not handle the financial losses???
Oh, here we go with the paranoid fantasy of some imaginary controlling PR team making a profit off George's 'fake girlfriends'. Fact is, George's PR team - that would be Stan Rosenfield Associates - make money off GEORGE. They would have a contract where George pays them monthly fees.

George, when he's dating, does become more visible and high profile in the news (certainly, this site heats up whenever he's been spotted out with a woman) but that would be the case no matter who he dated. As long as he's out in public with a date - any woman - he gets the gossip coverage you claim his PR team need so there's absolutely no logic in your claim that he's being ordered to fake date. The fact is, it doesn't matter who he's dating; any woman will do.

I would also point out, although you don't seem to understand this, that George's PR team don't actually make money from George being mentioned on gossip sites or indeed from any publicity he does. The reason George does publicity is in order to maintain his image and remain high profile enough so that he can get more acting work. This is where he gets his money which he then uses to pays his PR team. As long as George can work and pay his PR team, his PR team make money.

With regards to maintaining George's image, if his PR team were to choose George's girlfriend, they'd choose a woman who'd make him look good and someone who the fans would like. That rules out any woman he's dated in public for the past 10 years. So there's your answer: the women he's dating are a PR person's nightmare and therefore not a PR team selection who George is mysteriously forced to date against his will.

If George did marry, it wouldn't damage his career or his earning potential one whit. Might even make him more popular as a move away from the slightly rather sleazy image he's beginning to project. Again, that's a PR win.

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by Joanna on Wed Nov 20 2013, 11:44

Some definitions of "sleazy".....

Is this really the image that 
George Clooney projects ?

Sleazy(adj):


Contemptibly low, mean, or disreputable. Squalid; sordid; filthy; dilapidated. 
Thin or poor in texture; cheap; flimsy.
 

Sleazy

Shabby, dirty, and vulgar, often the word is associated with prostitutes


adj. slea·zi·erslea·zi·est
1.
a. Shabby, dirty, and vulgar; tawdry: "sleazy storefronts with torn industrial carpeting and dirt on the walls" (Seattle Weekly).
b. Dishonest or corrupt; disreputable: Some sleazy characters hang around casinos.


2. Made of low-quality materials; cheap or shoddy.


3. Thin and loosely woven; flimsy: The coat has a sleazy lining.


Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19069
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by ... on Wed Nov 20 2013, 12:32

Well I agree with most points you make, Katie Dot,
The reason George does publicity is in order to maintain his image and remain high profile enough so that he can get more acting work. This is where he gets his money which he then uses to pays his PR team. As long as George can work and pay his PR team, his PR team make money.
So basically, he is doing publicity in the media about his so called "private life" which he has been quoted as saying that it's personal, so he does not wish to share it. Contradiction on his part, then. One can then assume that the publicity is fake & he is choosing to deceive the public??  Just by the quote he's made about his private life.

With regards to maintaining George's image, if his PR team were to choose George's girlfriend, they'd choose a woman who'd make him look good and someone who the fans would like. That rules out any woman he's dated in public for the past 10 years. So there's your answer: the women he's dating are a PR person's nightmare ....
If George did marry, it wouldn't damage his career or his earning potential one whit. Might even make him more popular as a move away from the slightly rather sleazy image he's beginning to project. Again, that's a PR win.
Most definitely a "sleazy" image associated with repeat pattern dating for brief periods of time, with women who have an abundance of sleazy images on line from pornography, to prostitution allegations, to illicit substance abuse, to promoting entertainment violence.  Women young enough to be his daughter. Who he seems to not even tolerate standing beside him on the red carpet.  However, I speculated only if he is advised to date these types for controversy & therefore public bemusement, ie, supposedly more publicity.  
A My Fair Lady theme gone wrong: clean up the image for the duration of the "relationship."  

I totally agree, that if he chose to marry or/ conceal his private dating life, it would not affect his earning potential nor career.  It may even endear him more to the public, as you state. Make him seem more respectable and sincere.


Oh, here we go with the paranoid fantasy of some imaginary controlling PR team making a profit off George's 'fake girlfriends'. Fact is, George's PR team - that would be Stan Rosenfield Associates - make money off GEORGE. They would have a contract where George pays them monthly fees.

George, when he's dating, does become more visible and high profile in the news (certainly, this site heats up whenever he's been spotted out with a woman) but that would be the case no matter who he dated. As long as he's out in public with a date - any woman - he gets the gossip coverage you claim his PR team need so there's absolutely no logic in your claim that he's being ordered to fake date. The fact is, it doesn't matter who he's dating; any woman will do.
It's not necessarily his publicist who is advising him. (Oh, I know no one forces or coerces him, per se.)  
Other interest groups like image stylists, management, third party interest groups who liaise for advertisements/ endorsements. I don't think it's a paranoid fantasy.  It's speculating other possibilities.
 

I would also point out, although you don't seem to understand this, that George's PR team don't actually make money from George being mentioned on gossip sites or indeed from any publicity he does.

I most definitely understand that the publicist earns a fee, and the administrative staff their salaries. However, I'm referring to a network or middleman company as mentioned above. Other interest groups who earn percentages of advertising revenue, endorsements, product placement from publicity generated by George Clooney so publicly promoting his "relationships."

...
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 804
Join date : 2013-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by it's me on Wed Nov 20 2013, 12:49

what a mess
I think it's strange
that behavior
for a man with his brain

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 16899
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by ... on Wed Nov 20 2013, 13:50

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Great book suggestion. I ordered it out of curiosity.
I love her style too but there were other actresses of her era who combined this effortless glamour & elegance as well as strong sex appeal.

I think somewhere between the two (AH & MM) lies the perfect type of woman.  
George has that dichotomy:
Elegant, suave & charming image, equally as immense sex appeal.

Look at him at the recent Orlando airport photos. Oozes strong sexuality, unshaven, dishevelled, just in jeans, old boots & t-shirt.
His friends don't emit that strong sexually attractive  image. Not Rande Gerber, nor Waldo, not even Brad Pitt.

...
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 804
Join date : 2013-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by it's me on Wed Nov 20 2013, 14:05

well... better to hurry up

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 16899
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by amaretti on Wed Nov 20 2013, 14:20

Musk . Musk in motion .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Posts : 2273
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by it's me on Wed Nov 20 2013, 14:23

ox?

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 16899
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by ... on Wed Nov 20 2013, 14:35

I think pheromones overdrive in motion. Musk.
Wink 

You're either born with strong sex appeal or not...

...
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 804
Join date : 2013-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by What Would He Say on Wed Nov 20 2013, 15:49

I love the way you write Ocean.

I don't always agree, but thats another story.

What Would He Say
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1961
Join date : 2013-05-15
Location : OneDAyComo

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by Maggy on Wed Nov 20 2013, 17:10

what would he say wrote:I love the way you write Ocean.

I don't always agree, but thats another story.
Me too.

Ocean, you do private counseling? Very Happy 

Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Posts : 3821
Join date : 2012-01-02

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by Carla97 on Wed Nov 20 2013, 18:32

Even lions don´t hunt all the time.

Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1891
Join date : 2013-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by Maggy on Wed Nov 20 2013, 19:26

Carla97 wrote:Even lions don´t hunt all the time.
They wait for the goods to be brought to them.

Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Posts : 3821
Join date : 2012-01-02

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by it's me on Wed Nov 20 2013, 19:39

brought?
who dare.....?

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 16899
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by What Would He Say on Wed Nov 20 2013, 20:02

Me

What Would He Say
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1961
Join date : 2013-05-15
Location : OneDAyComo

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by it's me on Wed Nov 20 2013, 20:35

let us see....

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 16899
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by fava on Wed Nov 20 2013, 20:38

Ocean wrote:Well I agree with most points you make, Katie Dot,
The reason George does publicity is in order to maintain his image and remain high profile enough so that he can get more acting work. This is where he gets his money which he then uses to pays his PR team. As long as George can work and pay his PR team, his PR team make money.
So basically, he is doing publicity in the media about his so called "private life" which he has been quoted as saying that it's personal, so he does not wish to share it. Contradiction on his part, then. One can then assume that the publicity is fake & he is choosing to deceive the public??  Just by the quote he's made about his private life.
I don't assume that.  My assumption is that when he tells us he doesn't want to share his private life and then shares something, what you are seeing is only the tip of the iceberg and something he has chosen to share for whatever reason (but just because it is only the tip, does not mean it is not an iceberg--i.e. that does not mean it is fake or intended to decieve)

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1038
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by ... on Wed Nov 20 2013, 20:54

what would he say wrote:I love the way you write Ocean.

I don't always agree, but thats another story.
Thanks, wwhs. JMO.  I enjoy many of your posts too. Stylised narrative & colloquialisms. Particularly the Architectural Digest review.

Maggy wrote:Me too.

Ocean, you do private counseling? Very Happy 
Anytime pro bono, Maggy.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

J/K


George Clooney — 'I don't like to share my personal life… it wouldn't be personal if I shared it.'
It's in the statement alone, fava.
Dating constitutes personal life, BEHIND THE SCENES.  
Constant exposure in gossip magazines & websites render it as public display of intimate privacy...& hence desperation in airing one's private life.

Ridiculous speculative stories from Stacy Keibler's bloated belly photos picked up as a potential "faux immaculate conception pregnancy."
To his refrigerator contents exposed to the world.  
Some lifestyle publicity would have been within reason.
However, there was a continuous bombardment of photo-ops from trips to Cabo or Lake Como almost in the corniest way to promote a "relationship" and get him more publicity

Gee, if they aren't examples of selling one's privacy to the public, then what next?

Therefore, his quote is contradictory.


Last edited by Ocean on Wed Nov 20 2013, 21:41; edited 1 time in total

...
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 804
Join date : 2013-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by ... on Wed Nov 20 2013, 21:02

Carla97 wrote:Even lions don´t hunt all the time.
You don't take the hunt away from the lion.
His instincts are the chase and kill.

Bringing him the prey only bores him.

Same applies to Alpha-male George.

He doesn't need the lioness pride to bring him his prey on a platter, so to speak.
He should chase & decide.
Rely on his OWN instincts.

...
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 804
Join date : 2013-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by Joanna on Wed Nov 20 2013, 21:14

I believe that the amount that we know/see/read/are told about George's private life is absolutely miniscule. I'd imagine it represents 1% of his private life.
So I don't see anything contradictory about that.

Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19069
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by party animal - not! on Wed Nov 20 2013, 21:21

Yep, this is the man who's said he prefers to do his own hunting.........

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Posts : 7771
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by party animal - not! on Wed Nov 20 2013, 21:22

Yep. This is the man who's said he prefers to do his own hunting.........

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Posts : 7771
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by Mazy on Wed Nov 20 2013, 21:27


I don't assume that.  My assumption is that when he tells us he doesn't want to share his private life and then shares something, what you are seeing is only the tip of the iceberg and something he has chosen to share for whatever reason (but just because it is only the tip, does not mean it is not an iceberg--i.e. that does not mean it is fake or intended to decieve)[/quote]
Fava I have to agree with your comments and some of the voice of reason with what Katie has said.

Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Posts : 2883
Join date : 2012-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by it's me on Wed Nov 20 2013, 21:27

instinct
hmm...

for the future you mean?

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 16899
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by ... on Wed Nov 20 2013, 21:32

1% Jo?
Almost 4 years of photo ops while in very PUBLICALLY EXPOSED "relationships" chronicling almost every event, holiday, multiple restaurant outings, supposed shopping trips.
Topped off with so many private details exposed??
Inside tours of his home.
Staged photo-ops...
Then incessant Tweeting by the so called "girlfriends" stating intimate & corny details about the "boyfriend loving them so much on their birthday" which he didn't even attend.

That seems a lot more than a fraction.
And it seems like TOO MUCH INFORMATION for someone ostensibly a private person.

...
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 804
Join date : 2013-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by ... on Wed Nov 20 2013, 21:37

it's me wrote:instinct
hmm...

for the future you mean?
Yes.

Hunting for a woman he pursues and naturally, instinctively desires.
Not recommendations by "well-meaning" friends who have been asked to suggest someone who "knows the ropes" (as party animal not!  referred to the last two "girlfriends" in order to facilitate the publicity agenda.) Not much hunting in that.

Reality would be optimum. Plus, he'd feel happier.

...
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 804
Join date : 2013-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by it's me on Wed Nov 20 2013, 21:43

I would like to see

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 16899
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by GiGi on Wed Nov 20 2013, 22:37

Maggy wrote:
Carla97 wrote:Even lions don´t hunt all the time.
They wait for the goods to be brought to them.
That's correct Maggy. A lion rarely hunts. His mane makes him too conspicuous. It is a job for the lioness and others in the pride to please, feed, and care for the lion. When he finds himself in need, the lion can and will hunt with great fury. If it wasn't for that mane, I imagine that lion would be out on the prowl all the time.

GiGi
Clooneyfan

Posts : 138
Join date : 2013-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by ... on Wed Nov 20 2013, 22:43

But the male lion loves to hunt...for the kill.
No one deprives him of that. It's his instinct.

Let the lionesses hunt for food.
Even then, they cannot feed until after he's finished.




...
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 804
Join date : 2013-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by party animal - not! on Wed Nov 20 2013, 22:53

Yes, Ocean, totally agree. That's exactly what I said

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Posts : 7771
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by GiGi on Wed Nov 20 2013, 23:04

party animal - not! wrote:Yes, Ocean, totally agree. That's exactly what I said
Yes! Me too! He NEEDS to do his own hunting but I think his mane or fame gets in the way.

GiGi
Clooneyfan

Posts : 138
Join date : 2013-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by it's me on Wed Nov 20 2013, 23:06

they cannot feed until after he's finished

what an injustice!

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 16899
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by Maggy on Wed Nov 20 2013, 23:15

You ladies fascinate me!

Great analogy!

Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Posts : 3821
Join date : 2012-01-02

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by Mazy on Thu Nov 21 2013, 03:25

Lions are not my thing I Love tigers they are sleek and dangerous but beautiful, just like my man.xxx

Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Posts : 2883
Join date : 2012-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by Katiedot on Thu Nov 21 2013, 04:07

Joanna wrote:Is this really the image that 
George Clooney projects ?
In some ways, yes.  George Clooney has become something of a joke in the media - you can read snide comments about how he has a different woman every week and is incapable of committing to a woman.  He's regularly used as a not-so-funny punchline in jokes.  

That's not what his image was 15 years ago, when he was seen as the ultimate man who other men wanted to be and women wanted to be with.  Now he's more of a joke and that's as a direct result IMO of the women he's been dating in public, not one of whom makes him look good.

Ocean wrote: So basically, he is doing publicity in the media about his so called "private life" which he has been quoted as saying that it's personal, so he does not wish to share it. Contradiction on his part, then. One can then assume that the publicity is fake & he is choosing to deceive the public??  Just by the quote he's made about his private life.
 Ah, I see why you're making this mistake if you think what you've seen is an insight into his private life when it's all been public and posed.  You must be aware that we've seen next to nothing of George's private life, surely?  All we've ever seen is him standing next to his [insert name of girlfriend here] on red carpets or entering/exiting restaurants and sunbathing/eating outside his home in Mexico with a group of other people.  The most private thing we've seen is him sitting in a car outside a supermarket while Stacy shopped.  

That's not at all private.  

It's the fact that we haven't seen anything of him with [insert name of girlfriend here] in private at all has led to the conspiracy theorists claim that he's not actually dating [insert name of girlfriend here].  When he was with Sarah Larson, it was claimed by many fans that he NEVER saw her except on the red carpet and that's because there weren't many pictures of them anywhere else.  

If it makes you feel better to believe that there's nothing more to George's relationships than the (often posed) paparazzi pictures you see on this site, then that's up to you, but I think you're fooling yourself if you think you know anything that's going on behind closed doors.  George truly does keep his private life private.

In case you're wondering why I'm writing "[insert name of girlfriend here]", it's because I think this is true of all the women he's dated in the past decade, not just Stacy or Elisabetta.  

Ocean wrote:However, I speculated only if he is advised to date these types for controversy & therefore public bemusement, ie, supposedly more publicity.  
 Still doesn't make sense.  "Putting lipstick on a pig", as I believe the phrase was doesn't make George look good and neither does the controversy.  If he's being advised on who to date, it would be a woman who makes him look good, not bad. Put simply: he doesn't need controversy to get publicity; just dating a woman, any woman, does it.

Ocean wrote: I most definitely understand that the publicist earns a fee, and the administrative staff their salaries. However, I'm referring to a network or middleman company as mentioned above. Other interest groups who earn percentages of advertising revenue, endorsements, product placement from publicity generated by George Clooney so publicly promoting his "relationships."
 Seriously, who are these imaginary interest groups of yours and how on earth do they earn money off this?   More to the point, seeing as what they're advising is against George's interests, how on earth do they persuade him to do this????

The only people making money off George are his PR team, his agent, his manager and his staff (accountant, I guess, lawyers etc) and their income depends on George's success. Well, actually it doesn't; George has made his millions and if he were never to work again ever he can go on paying them for the rest of his life. He doesn't need the money anymore, so neither do the people working for him because their paycheck from him is guaranteed.

In other words, unlike a d-list reality show "celebrity" George doesn't need the publicity at all. None of it. If he chooses not to hide from the paparazzi, then it's his choice, but he doesn't need it and certainly can't be ordered, forced or 'advised' into doing it.

Not sure what you mean by 'product placement'. There's no product placement with George.  The only brands he's associated with are the ones he takes money for: Nespresso, Omega and so on.  If [insert name of girlfriend here] is seen promoting a product the she may or may not be making money for it but that's her money, not George's (unless you think he takes money from his girlfriends??). [insert name of girlfriend here] has her own team working for her who make money off her, but they're different from George's team. George and the people around him don't benefit from what [insert name of girlfriend here] promotes.

You don't seem to understand that revenue from advertising goes to the place that takes the money to publish the advert (eg: the magazine that the advert runs in, or the website that publishes the advert).  Unless you own the magazine or website, you don't make money from advertising.  Same with this imaginary product placement and endorsement of yours.  The money goes from the product to the magazine/website.  

Ocean wrote: Dating constitutes personal life, BEHIND THE SCENES.  
Constant exposure in gossip magazines & websites render it as public display of intimate privacy...& hence desperation in airing one's private life.
 Exactly!  And we haven't seen anything 'behind the scenes'.  All we've seen has been for public consumption, quite often knowingly posed for.

Ocean wrote:Ridiculous speculative stories from Stacy Keibler's bloated belly photos picked up as a potential "faux immaculate conception pregnancy."
 Again, you don't seem to understand that team George don't control the media and everything that's written about him.  

Sure, they control some of what gets written about him, but not even a quarter of what hits the media is approved or created by his publicists. Whenever there are pictures of George - and as an A-list star, he can't avoid getting papped - the gossip writers will make up what they want about the pictures and this isn't controlled or directed by him.  You can't get angry at George because some hack wants to sell magazines and so invents a 'George Clooney's girlfriend looks pregnant' story or whatever.  

Ocean wrote:To his refrigerator contents exposed to the world.  
 Really? You really bought that that's what his fridge looks like?  No, that was styled and arranged for the photoshoot, as was the rest of his home.  You only saw what he chose to let you see and again you're fooling yourself if you think you've had any kind of insight into his life.

Ocean wrote:Gee, if they aren't examples of selling one's privacy to the public, then what next?
Therefore, his quote is contradictory.
 Well, they're not examples of selling his privacy so he's not at all contradicting himself.  

You also need to keep in mind that George doesn't tell the truth, or even the whole truth, all the time so if I were you, I wouldn't depend so heavily on one sentence, said decades ago, to explain his behaviour now.

Ocean wrote:1% Jo?
Almost 4 years of photo ops while in very PUBLICALLY EXPOSED "relationships" chronicling almost every event, holiday, multiple restaurant outings, supposed shopping trips.
Topped off with so many private details exposed??
Inside tours of his home.
Staged photo-ops...
Then incessant Tweeting by the so called "girlfriends" stating intimate & corny details about the "boyfriend loving them so much on their birthday" which he didn't even attend.

That seems a lot more than a fraction.
And it seems like TOO MUCH INFORMATION for someone ostensibly a private person.
 All I can say again is that you're fooling yourself if you think you've seen anything about his private life.  All you've seen is posed pictures taken in public places, often with a large group of people.  There's been next to nothing private, personal or intimate in any of the photo ops you've mentioned.   Even Stacy's tweets have been generic to the point of boredom.

If you really think that all of these publicly posed paparazzi shots have given you a secret insight into George's private life, then I can begin to understand why your view of him may be so skewed.  You truly haven't seen anything personal but you seem to have convinced yourself that you have.

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by it's me on Thu Nov 21 2013, 06:36

sigh..... Rolling Eyes 

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 16899
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by Mazy on Thu Nov 21 2013, 06:58

Katie I like to think that most of what you say is true. Because most definitely deserves to have his personal life to himself, no matter how I or any of us feel about him. Love him more than myself so I pray for his happiness.

He gives so much of himself to so many different projects and causes he needs that privacy. God Bless him.

Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Posts : 2883
Join date : 2012-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by Joanna on Thu Nov 21 2013, 09:50

George's private life isn't just about his lady friends
is it ? That's but a small part of his private life.

He has a private life with his long term friends known as "the boys", and their families, his sister and her children, his parents, his extended family, many other long term friends "in the business", his employees and his medics.
What do we know about that part of his private life ?
Zero....
So, as I said before, no contradiction IMO.

Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19069
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by Rachel on Thu Nov 21 2013, 11:35

We all have our Public, Private and Secret parts of life and so has George. He is a human, just like you and me - with feelings, thoughts, hopes and fears.
He keeps what he respects private, like family and close friends.
And the ones who respect him don't speak out about him. It's a matter of loyalty which I believe is very important.
I'm sure if he finds a woman he really feels for, he will respect her and try to keep her as private as possible.
But who knows, might be she will be someone who wants fame.

Wow, he's almost 5 months single Thumbs up! 

But the Topic was George Clooney's next girlfriend...
If there is one and he is keeping her secret, then there is sure a reason for doing that.
Didn't someone on here post that his latest denial on dating anyone was to avoid hurting or losing her - sounds exiting - time will tell.

Rachel
Clooneyfan

Posts : 121
Join date : 2012-03-12

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by it's me on Thu Nov 21 2013, 13:15

exiting as?

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 16899
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by melbert on Thu Nov 21 2013, 13:26

I think she means "exciting", as I've noticed several times that she types it as "exiting", just forgetting the "c".

melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19134
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : George's House

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by ... on Thu Nov 21 2013, 14:02

Katiedot wrote:
That's not what his image was 15 years ago, when he was seen as the ultimate man who other men wanted to be and women wanted to be with.  Now he's more of a joke and that's as a direct result IMO of the women he's been dating in public, not one of whom makes him look good.
~ Absolutely agree!

Katiedot wrote: Ah, I see why you're making this mistake if you think what you've seen is an insight into his private life when it's all been public and posed.  You must be aware that we've seen next to nothing of George's private life, surely?  All we've ever seen is him standing next to his [insert name of girlfriend here] on red carpets or entering/exiting restaurants and sunbathing/eating outside his home in Mexico with a group of other people.  The most private thing we've seen is him sitting in a car outside a supermarket while Stacy shopped.  

That's not at all private.
....I think you're fooling yourself if you think you know anything that's going on behind closed doors.  George truly does keep his private life private.
I believe most photo-ops were staged, including the Wholefood Markets shopping trip, with full paparazzi appendage conveniently in tow.

I think for a variety of reasons he chose to have publicity-oriented relationships with Stacy Keibler & the previous two. I'm not debating how "real" these "relationships" were but they reeked of desperation for media coverage for publicity.. You did mention in your previous post he wanted publicity as a showbiz man so he can keep himself in the public eye for his films.  
So, I agree that what he projects on the public's conscience as his private life, is in fact more fictional for publicity purposes. He's controlling an image he & possibly his publicist & respective advisors wish to project.

I don't know what goes on in his REAL private life any more than you do or anyone else not privy to it. I suspect he's very secretive.
However, my point is that he was deliberately promoting a private life regarding his relationships, despite stating it's private. Paradox in itself. Or deliberate misguidance to conceal his real privacy through staged photo-ops, controversial themes & stories chosen as speculation about his choice of partners.

KatieDot wrote:   "Putting lipstick on a pig", as I believe the phrase was doesn't make George look good and neither does the controversy.  If he's being advised on who to date, it would be a woman who makes him look good, not bad.  Put simply: he doesn't need controversy to get publicity; just dating a woman, any woman, does it.
I agree with you on that point of view.
Perhaps this was an image he wanted for a while that ultimately rendered him as having bad taste & a penchant for "sleaze" instead of a (failed) My Fair Lady theme.
Image advisors may have suggested this all along. Clooney ultimately agreed.

*The selected women were suggested by "friends" (the last three were)
*Clooney felt he was doing them a mutually beneficial favor: publicity for both; lifting her z-list profile & income opportunities.

Katiedot wrote:Seriously, who are these imaginary interest groups of yours and how on earth do they earn money off this?...

The only people making money off George are his PR team, his agent, his manager and his staff (accountant, I guess, lawyers etc) and their income depends on George's success.....

Not sure what you mean by 'product placement'....  If [insert name of girlfriend here] is seen promoting a product the she may or may not be making money for it but that's her money, not George's (unless you think he takes money from his girlfriends??).
Incentives earned for wearing/using particular labels/ brands as the "girlfriend of."  Huge incentives are paid for this to A-listers.
Advertising revenue & appearance fees the girlfriends earn during the period of the "George Clooney relationship" are very lucrative. Don't forget the amount that Stacy Keibler's manager was requesting when she started "dating" George Clooney skyrocketed from $3-$5K (with virtually zero demand) to $25K.
Moreover,  a percentage of her income may be extended to the mediators behind the "relationship" who earn fees from the work she generates associated to Brand Clooney.
This is not a conspiracy theory. It's plausible fact and makes sense.
We don't know exactly if there are marketing negotiators apart from the publicist & management.
Very profitable for potential mediators who arrange this and keep a percentage fee of the "girlfriends" earnings.  This can also continue to a lesser amount post-"relationship."

The fact is that George Clooney may date someone in the future who hasn't been a desperate peripheral entertainment industry personality, and she too will also attract offers of incentives. She may not agree to a blitz of appearance fees, advertisements or product placement (like Stacy Keibler's staged exercising photo-ops) or "anything she can get" during a limited dating period, like the last "girlfriends." And George may choose to have more longevity, genuineness & privacy in this relationship, but this will only increase the incentive fees offered as the association to Clooney is taken more seriously.

Katiedot wrote:... we haven't seen anything 'behind the scenes'.  All we've seen has been for public consumption, quite often knowingly posed for.
Again agreeing.
A quote indicating his resentment of his privacy exposed in the limelight years ago:
Despite living his life in the public eye, George has very strong feelings about protecting his private life. When American TV programme Hard Copy showed a clip of him with Celine, George organised a boycott of the programme. The clip had been filmed by ‘paparazzi’ without his knowledge. The programme gave him a public apology, although they still use such clips.
Might explain why years later he chose to control what he wants the public to perceive about his private life.

katiedot wrote: (re: refrigerator contents) You only saw what he chose to let you see and again you're fooling yourself if you think you've had any kind of insight into his life.
That's my whole point. I don't buy it. He even seemed surprised to see photo frames of Stacy Keibler like stage props in his home doing the "tour" on that Charlie Rose program.
I'm being cynical. He chooses to do "private life" publicity which is fake, yet ostensibly candid. That is what I'm emphasizing.

Even last year in Hollywood Reporter article,  he is quoted as refusing to comment
He won't go into his relationship with Keibler because "there is so little in my life that is private"....
Contradiction in terms or was he avoiding the fiasco of publicity dating? Suspect 
The quote about not sharing his private life because it's personal was around 2005-06, from what I've read.

Katiedot wrote:All I can say again is that you're fooling yourself if you think you've seen anything about his private life.  All you've seen is posed pictures taken in public places, often with a large group of people.  There's been next to nothing private, personal or intimate in any of the photo ops....

If you really think that all of these publicly posed paparazzi shots have given you a secret insight into George's private life, then I can begin to understand why your view of him may be so skewed.  You truly haven't seen anything personal but you seem to have convinced yourself that you have
.
It's my opinion & I don't think it's skewed. I see a lot of dubious publicity with the sole purpose of promoting himself in an inauthentic way about his ostensible private life, which as you say generates interest.
Themes promoted by PR networks for media sites:
"Will she be the one to settle down with the ageing bachelor?"
"Will she scrub up well after the plethora of sordid images now that she's been swept off her feet my the movie matinee idol? Watch this space."   Sleep 
"Will she make him change his ways?"
"Does this plain-looking woman with a sleazy image enable the average woman to fantasise that she too could have been Clooney's choice."

All kinds of themes promoted in the media for publicity stories.  Based on deception?
It's like the old adage, "all publicity is good publicity." Just to keep his name in the media no matter what. But soon that becomes a boring cliche.

I don't buy it. Which is my whole argument that his private dating life as promoted for the purpose of being perceived by the public as such is either a ruse or simply far from reality.  He chose to do this publicity.
But maybe a new direction is emerging....

...
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 804
Join date : 2013-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by party animal - not! on Thu Nov 21 2013, 14:26

Mm. you could be right. When a red carpet reporter says something along the lines of 'Wow, you're back on the dating scene' and His Nibs responds with sarcasm 'Oh, that'll be a lot of fun at 52!' (paraphrase, paraphrase).........

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Posts : 7771
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by NotAvailable on Fri Nov 22 2013, 02:50

Well I thought I would add some things to this. Nit disagreeing with anyone because I do see all the points as possibility in his public life.

But from what I gather on most of it, from all the photo ops and events, is that he has been much more laid back in recent years, than earlier. Almost as if he were bored with the whole shebang. But knew that he must continue for a bit with it.

Some would say, how? When there was obviously much more Pap attention in the sense of the GFs? That is the point. GFs were getting most of that attention. Even when he himself was in the photo. And here on the forum, we went along with it. That I think, was the intended target. Not just us, but all of his feminine host of followers.

Egging us on a bit kept it all in the papers and gossip as the mags knew they had an audience. We with all of our objections gave them the idea we would buy the bloody gossip.

I see that these ladies are quite deliberately used to stimulate interest among followers. Either in the men liking the ladies for the um revealing crap or us objecting strenuously over it.

It really doesn't speak to me much of a private life. I think he has one, I am just saying his relationships have been pretty much used. And I also think thats why it gets tediously boring for him pretty quickly, thus these relationships would last about 6 months at the most, in private, it seems and tho they are allowed to stick around some for the photo ops, it would seem that any real relationship has fizzled. He is prolly one of the hardest men to be kept pleased as I think he had seen it all and done most of it already and finds most things boring pretty quickly.

I know a few ppl who are in the same boat. They find it difficult to even go on a date. Because they are already bored once meeting someone and realizing there won't be anything new with them.

Thats why some guys who were supposedly not ever going to settle down, ended up doing just that. because the only different thing was being in love. And once they got that opportunity, grabbed it.

So don't be shocked if he does sooner or later end up with the one. I mean for real, not this GF show going on these days. He may never marry one, but I think he could prolly settle down as much as he can, with the right woman for him.

But that prolly will be a while longer to happen.... he has many films coming up in planned projects, and may want to have the potential to promote them.

Just an opinion, not anything to be upset about. Peace all. Have a wonderful Thanks Giving everyone. Give Flowers2 

NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1034
Join date : 2011-06-04
Location : Somewhere, everywhere

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by Mazy on Fri Nov 22 2013, 05:15

I don't usually say too much on these types of threads. But I really don't think that anyone, PR or whatever can lead George around like a puppet on a string. He is a man of strong conviction and has a mind of his own. Yes he gives a lot less to the media than in the past because they take things out of context and twist them around till they get a good selling headline.

How many stupid stories came out of the Esquire Interview? They nit-pick every syllable to death. I would be very wary of opening my mouth. He has way too much to deal with to try to control everything that is being said about himself. I can just visualize him saying,"F**k them" and get on about his business. Unless of coarse it is harmful to someone else. Just my own personal feelings that George is his own man.xxx

Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Posts : 2883
Join date : 2012-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney's NEXT girlfriend...

Post by Sponsored content Today at 20:18


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum