George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11 - Page 12 EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11 - Page 12 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11 - Page 12 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11 - Page 12 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11 - Page 12 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11 - Page 12 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11 - Page 12 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11 - Page 12 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11 - Page 12 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11

+74
GiGi
bamboochacha
pattygirl
MyG
What Would He Say
fadelite
iamnoone
Nicky80
Saveria
Maggy
silly willy
Juliette Hardy
sparkie
sarah ali
mosaic
Rainy
pandabear
kid.a.kadoodles
blubelle
lolo"layla"
mel01
isogotit
janieb
Vi
annemarie
lucy
amaretti
Way2Old4Dis
Picachu
Lighterside
LieutenantGEORGE.STOUT
Missa
Evelyn Healy
noodle
GEORGIE STOUT
socimar
Lt Cdr Georgie Stout
Mazy
Natascha
madsky
Dior
GCfollower
Barbara Garabedian
Lakin460
cindigirl
MM
Atalante
very vera
playfuldeb
watching
m4rose
Joanna
party animal - not!
cupcake
lelacorb
The next mrs clooney
theminis
NotAvailable
it's me
niloufar
silly girl
lovelylois
ktsue2002
OofOof
Katiedot
Henway
premiere
melbert
fava
Best in Category
LornaDoone
phys major
78 posters

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11

Post by Mazy Wed 24 Apr 2013, 01:58

I am only allowed gluten-free foods; trust me not always good for you.
Zen
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11 - Page 12 Empty Re: The Stacy Keibler general thread - part 11

Post by OofOof Wed 24 Apr 2013, 02:49

"Caught?" What, she's not allowed to eat cake? Oof!
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Wed 24 Apr 2013, 03:47

Here's a link for a story about a new show that will show some WWE careers, Stacy is one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Zen
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 24 Apr 2013, 06:00

lolo wrote:
Katiedot wrote:Hahaha! I usually have no idea whatsoever what day of the week it is. I'm rarely sure of the month to be honest.
side effect of quitting smoking or that's your usual L:)OOL
Non smoker so it's how I usually am!

very vera wrote:Gluten free doe NOT make it healthy LOL
it just doesn't contain wheat products oopsie
I think she doesn't know the difference.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Wed 24 Apr 2013, 06:06

not the sharpest is she??

very vera
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 24 Apr 2013, 06:13

There's a lot of people like her who don't really understand the science or meaning behind nutrition.

It's possible she suffers from digestive disorders which means she needs to avoid certain items but as far as I know she's never mentioned it.

I have tremendous sympathy for those who really do have issues but I've got to say most people I come across in life who give me lists of no wheat, no dairy, no gluten etc are just faddy princesses trying to minimise food intake. It's another kind of eating disorder IMO.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 24 Apr 2013, 07:01

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 24 Apr 2013, 07:09

Katiedot wrote:There's a lot of people like her who don't really understand the science or meaning behind nutrition.

It's possible she suffers from digestive disorders which means she needs to avoid certain items but as far as I know she's never mentioned it.

I have tremendous sympathy for those who really do have issues but I've got to say most people I come across in life who give me lists of no wheat, no dairy, no gluten etc are just faddy princesses trying to minimise food intake. It's another kind of eating disorder IMO.

Katie gotta comment that maybe the folks you're dealing with are only trying to reduce their food intake, but people with true gluten issues or serious digestive diseases like Crohns really have to be very careful what they eat. A good friend of mine didn't have her gluten allergy diagnosed until her 30's and suffered for years with digestive issues.

As to those with true allergies, I can tell you being allergic to tomatoes and how I found out - one day getting head to toe hives and having difficulty breathing, I may sound like a nervous Nellie when I order food at a restaurant, but that's what i have to do to make sure I don't get anything with a tomato in it. Ordered a sandwich and repeated no tomatoes to the guy taking the order. They put tomatoes in it and when I saw them I asked them to make a new sandwich. The guy said, "Why can't we just take them off?" And i had to tell him that even the juice or small seeds of the tomato could trigger an allergic reaction.

I recently bought a new brand of crackers and didn't know that one of the ingredients was tomato powder. Given that they only emphasized the cheese in them and I didn't have my glasses with me in the store to read the ingredient list that needed a microscope to read them, I took them home, forgot I hadn't looked at the ingredients and ate some---for the next three days I had puffy eyes and my face broke out. Lost one day of work from it too.

So yes, some of us may sound diva-ish but the alternative is truly nightmarish for us.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 24 Apr 2013, 07:17

Don't think she's gluten sensitive. But I'm sure she thinks any of the fads out there are nutritionally sound based on the stuff she tweets.

Based on something posted here a while back where People covered what she ate in a day, she eats no simple carbs--no starch. She eats protein and vegis and not very much. She drinks at least 20 cups of alkaline water a day. Her "snacks" are 50 calories--5 almonds is a snack. Her calorie count for the day People followed her was 900 calories.

She said she was on some home delivery program where they delivered 3 meals and 2 snacks and that she'd told them no carbs. The nutritionist suggested she should eat at least 650 more calories a day and that she was concerned about the excessive water.

For someone as tall as she is and who works out 2 hours a day at least, it's no wonder she is now so thin.

Have to agree with Lorna on the gluten free stuff as well. I was recently diagnosed with a serious stomach problem and for the past 6 weeks I've been gluten, dairy, sugar, soy, corn, egg and peanut free. Believe me I'd love to not do it but it's made a difference in so many ways. I know it's going to be a pain when I eat out and I'm not looking forward to it. I didn't do it to lose weight believe me! Because of the egg, dairy and sugar aspect, most gluten free products don't work for me so it's been fun. But it's really amazing how much you can eat. Stacy obviously has no idea about gluten free anything and I'm sure most of the folks in Hollywood doing it are doing it for image or weight reasons but, as Lorna said, not all of us!

OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 24 Apr 2013, 08:53

LornaDoone wrote: people with true gluten issues or serious digestive diseases like Crohns really have to be very careful what they eat.
Yes I know. As I said, for people who genuinely have problems it's got to be an absolute nightmare. What I meant was that most people don't have problems but there are plenty who still want to jump on the bandwagon. I suspect Stacy is one of them.

OofOof wrote:Based on something posted here a while back where People covered what she ate in a day, she eats no simple carbs--no starch. She eats protein and vegis and not very much. She drinks at least 20 cups of alkaline water a day. Her "snacks" are 50 calories--5 almonds is a snack. Her calorie count for the day People followed her was 900 calories.
I honestly wouldn't read too much into this and certainly wouldn't take it as gospel truth.

When you do media interviews, you do and say whatever will make you look good and if that means a few white lies or exaggerating a bit then fine.

Even if this were an exact and honest list of all she'd eaten in one day, it doesn't mean that this is what she eats every single day without exception. Doing an interview is like going for a job interview; you present the best of yourself.

Having said that, I think she's somewhat uneducated about nutrition and I do think she probably has an eating disorder, orthorexia. That's the feeling I get based on how thin she is and what she tweets about food.

She works in an industry where skinny is seen as the only important thing, even more important than talent.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Wed 24 Apr 2013, 08:57

Wasn't it after a dinner in NY last year where she tweeted that she had a spoonful of each dessert on a tray at some restaurant she then tweeted about upping her workout the next day to compensate for it? She is coming across as having a very dysfunctional relationship with food. My guess she one of those weird types who think sugar is poison and that there are no good fats.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 24 Apr 2013, 13:04

I agree, playful. There's only one thing or "cause" she seems consistent about and that's this focus on weight, "clean eating" and exercise. I liked your phrase "dysfunctional relationship". Feels warped to me, too. I went through all her tweets one day a while back trying to identify her "pale friend", and pre-George, she didn't post much, if anything, about health and exercise that I recollect.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 24 Apr 2013, 13:33

I am sure that wrote the comment that has been credited to playfuldeb. I think the system must have had a bug or has just gone screwy and allocated the comment to playfuldeb.

Apologies to playfuldeb - no idea how that happened. Maybe I was going to quote something you wrote???? Unless we are complete on the same wavelength and I dreamt I wrote it......

Wasn't it after a dinner in NY last year where she tweeted that she had a spoonful of each dessert on a tray at some restaurant she then tweeted about upping her workout the next day to compensate for it? She is coming across as having a very dysfunctional relationship with food. My guess she one of those weird types who think sugar is poison and that there are no good fats. .

watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Wed 24 Apr 2013, 19:04

I stated that I was on a gluten free diet before, it's because I have a disease called Celiac Spru which can kill you after mush suffering. It literally affected my whole body before I finally got a diagnos, I was starving to death 99lbs. I had heart attack at 44 I won't go on but the tinyest bit can start the process and sometimes it cannot be reversed. My Priest had to conferr Bishops and on up so that I could receive communion. He said now I know more about Celiac than I ever wanted to.

This was considered to be rare in America, now they know it's heredity and much more prevalent than they originally thought. I myself have passed it down the line to all my offspring. It is wheat barley rye and sometimes oats with these it usually leads to dairy on down the line. DON'T EAT ANYTHING THAT YOU HAVEN'T READ ALL INGREDIENTS FIRST. As Lorna stated.
Zen
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Wed 24 Apr 2013, 19:21

Hmmmm, that post by me at 12:57am was NOT by me. Im changing my password immediately
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 24 Apr 2013, 19:33

Wow Katie, I learned a new word today. Thanks! Orthorexia...ha, never heard of it but know a few people who have it. Interesting, and you are right, she seems like a good candidate.

As far as the People piece, you're probably right about her eating a bit more regularly, but you must admit, when you look at pics of her from pre George, she was at a healthy weight, even for Hollywood. She had athletic tone. Now, she's bony. I'd say she's lost at least 15-20 pounds. I do think, based on the stuff she tweets and says, she believes carbs are bad.

I've wondered how the Stacy's of the world--party girls-- drink as much as they do and still stay so thin. My niece was in Hawaii on vacation. She and her friend were on their last day. Sitting by the pool drinking LOTS of Pina Colattas. Two party girls settled next to them. Told them they come to that hotel to find famous rich guys. They'd hooked up with two who were golfing. Niece said those ladies were kicking back really strong drinks. She and her friend decided they'd better go get something to eat after 2 Pina. They invited the party girls as they were pretty interesting talking about all their exploits. They told them they eat a green smoothie for breakfast and then just drink the rest of their calories all day long. Thought it was probably how all the Stacy's handle going out and partying.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Wed 24 Apr 2013, 19:44

Does it seem to anyone else that the women George dates tend to get very thin while he is dating them? Perhaps George is one to harang his GFs about their weight, about looking good on his arm, etc. I dont mean to say that George is mean, but maybe he has expectations and lets his arm candy know about it. Ot maybe he wears them thin by all the activities he does with them that we dont know about. Hey! I was thinking basketball; where'd your mind go ?!!!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 24 Apr 2013, 19:55

playfuldeb wrote:Does it seem to anyone else that the women George dates tend to get very thin while he is dating them? Perhaps George is one to harang his GFs about their weight, about looking good on his arm, etc. I dont mean to say that George is mean, but maybe he has expectations and lets his arm candy know about it. Ot maybe he wears them thin by all the activities he does with them that we dont know about. Hey! I was thinking basketball; where'd your mind go ?!!!

I think it is most likely the industry mindset that thin is more attractive, and they are conforming because they become more a part of the industry when they date him. They are constantly photographed and critiqued, and bombarded with reviews of their fashion and weight. So they get thinner because they think that means "better" or "prettier" or "sexier" and makes them more acceptable.

I think it's tragic. It's gotten to the point that talented, beautiful women like Mindy Kaling, for instance, who is normal-sized, have to endure fat jokes as they make a living. It's sick.

BTW, I don't think SK is orthorexic. She's not that authentic. There has to be a real commitment to healthy, whole, natural, organic, clean, etc foods, and -- while I read that she talks a lot about it -- she doesn't live it.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 24 Apr 2013, 20:07

So agree with you Way. Hollywood and Madison Avenue's vision of what's healthy, body wise is disgusting. As far as orthorexia, you're probably correct there as well. Don't know enough about it. Whatever the reason, she most definitely doesn't have a healthy relationship with food...at least, based on what she tweets, says in interviews and now appears. As you said, however, that seems to be the norm in Hollywood...there must be a whole lot of HUNGRY people in good ol' Hollywood!

However, I think George also has food issues. He's way too thin. As he's part of the Hollywood community, and much of his income comes from modeling jobs basically, I guess he's just doing what's expected but it's too bad because he looks sooooooo much better at a healthy weight. Being so thin has aged him prematurely but since he seems to eschew food for drink, I guess it's starting to catch up to him.

OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 24 Apr 2013, 20:12

Way2Old4Dis wrote:
playfuldeb wrote:Does it seem to anyone else that the women George dates tend to get very thin while he is dating them? Perhaps George is one to harang his GFs about their weight, about looking good on his arm, etc. I dont mean to say that George is mean, but maybe he has expectations and lets his arm candy know about it. Ot maybe he wears them thin by all the activities he does with them that we dont know about. Hey! I was thinking basketball; where'd your mind go ?!!!

I think it is most likely the industry mindset that thin is more attractive, and they are conforming because they become more a part of the industry when they date him. They are constantly photographed and critiqued, and bombarded with reviews of their fashion and weight. So they get thinner because they think that means "better" or "prettier" or "sexier" and makes them more acceptable.

I think it's tragic. It's gotten to the point that talented, beautiful women like Mindy Kaling, for instance, who is normal-sized, have to endure fat jokes as they make a living. It's sick.

BTW, I don't think SK is orthorexic. She's not that authentic. There has to be a real commitment to healthy, whole, natural, organic, clean, etc foods, and -- while I read that she talks a lot about it -- she doesn't live it.

I agree that it is the industry and the amount of photos and press their bodies and clothes get. However, since George is the one in the relationship with her, he must have noticed how skinny she has gotten. Hopefully he would discourage the weight loss in women who are thin to begin with. But I have to wonder because it has happened for at least the last 3 girl friends.

Last edited by fava on Wed 24 Apr 2013, 20:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Wed 24 Apr 2013, 20:32

I only came up with that hypothesis because when I was married I used to model. Im 5'7" and used to weigh 103lbs, and my then husband used to tell me how fat I was all the time. I now see it was his issue, but some men are controlling like that and I so hope George wouldnt be one of them.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 24 Apr 2013, 20:47

Yeah... I don't think George cares enough to control their weight/size. As long as he gets what he wants and the women stay reasonably attractive, it wouldn't matter to him what they do. They're young, but they're still adults, and they're making their own choices about everything else, so I think the responsibility is theirs.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 24 Apr 2013, 21:31

Mmm, well from experience, as I've said before, young women who are anorexic are given very clear warning signs that all is not well with their bodies, becos their periods stop, and that is the start of function breakdown and long term damage to their internal organs, the least of which would be lack of calcium for teeth for instance.

I think everybody in show business is acutely aware of their weight, because the cameras have the effect of putting 10 lbs on their bodies. But equally I do think that organic food if you can afford it, and loads of fruit, veggies and nuts are known to be good for most people and animal fats, processed food, transfatty acids and being overweight have been proved to be not

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by isogotit Thu 25 Apr 2013, 00:04

don't think this is a dating requirement from Mr. Clooney. Surely he doesn't tell these ladies to lose weight or else. SK is definitely thinner and more toned than in her wrestlling days. Maybe this is something she thinks needs to do to look good for him and the cameras. To me she was a nice size when she wore the black lace gown at the 2012 SAG awards. But since then she is definitely thinner. But if I had a net worth of $4.5 million and a personal trainer, I could be just as thin and toned as well. Unfortunately some of us have to work just make a decent salary.
isogotit
isogotit

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 25 Apr 2013, 00:25

Think this is a recent picture of Stacy with her old wrestling pals

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Thu 25 Apr 2013, 00:29

party animal - not! wrote:Mmm, well from experience, as I've said before, young women who are anorexic are given very clear warning signs that all is not well with their bodies, becos their periods stop, and that is the start of function breakdown and long term damage to their internal organs, the least of which would be lack of calcium for teeth for instance.

I think everybody in show business is acutely aware of their weight, because the cameras have the effect of putting 10 lbs on their bodies. But equally I do think that organic food if you can afford it, and loads of fruit, veggies and nuts are known to be good for most people and animal fats, processed food, transfatty acids and being overweight have been proved to be not

Agree totally that eating organic is obviously much better for a person, if for no other reason, you're not abusing your body with pesticides. I think organic vegis and fruit taste better myself. And I agree with you PAN that not eating lots of meat (although everytime we hear that George is eating at The Grill, he seems to favor steaks!) is much healtheir as well. And, of course being overweight is unhealthy. But being too thin--say like Posh or now, Stacy--is also unhealthy. And, based on what she says about food, I'd say she doesn't have a healthy relationship with it at this point.

Yes, it's probably because of the industry she's in. And, yes, once they all start going out with George, there are more photos and the derogatory comments that seem to be so prevalent on the internet. It just makes me sad because Stacy, pre-George was healthy looking at least. Jennifer Lawrence is slowly getting thinner and she was lovely when she first became so famous. Emma Stone is now looking anorexic. And all the style magazines and life style mags and gossip rags laud them for being so "toned" or "slender" or call their bodies "bangin'" and the list goes on. I am having to do nothing but clear liquids this week and I am so hungry. I'm tired as well and I just don't know how they make it through the day without eating properly!

And, sadly, while everything you say about what anorexia does to their body is true, at least as far as teeth goes, that is now not a problem. They all seem to get veneers anyway!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 25 Apr 2013, 00:49

Part of the weight loss is her striving to be "sample size" for all those red carpet events in order to get the designer gowns, right?
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 25 Apr 2013, 00:51

I would assume that's part of it Lakin, for the runway most designers make their dresses in impossible sizes as they believe it looks and fits better on the model, shows their work to its best.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by isogotit Thu 25 Apr 2013, 01:16

theminis wrote:Think this is a recent picture of Stacy with her old wrestling pals

I agree
isogotit
isogotit

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 25 Apr 2013, 01:21

If you scroll down this woman's twitter it says it is a picture from the past:

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 25 Apr 2013, 01:33

Oops geewhiz Im striking out today, didn't scroll, Stacy looked more recent, oh well no loss as I hadn't seen it before.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Thu 25 Apr 2013, 02:13

Actually glad you posted it theminis because it shows just how much weight she's lost. She looked healthy there.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Thu 25 Apr 2013, 02:26

LornaDoone wrote:
Katiedot wrote:There's a lot of people like her who don't really understand the science or meaning behind nutrition.

Katie gotta comment that maybe the folks you're dealing with are only trying to reduce their food intake, but people with true gluten issues or serious digestive diseases like Crohns really have to be very careful what they eat. A good friend of mine didn't have her gluten allergy diagnosed until her 30's and suffered for years with digestive issues.

As to those with true allergies, I can tell you being allergic to tomatoes and how I found out - one day getting head to toe hives and having difficulty breathing, I may sound like a nervous Nellie when I order food at a restaurant, but that's what i have to do to make sure I don't get anything with a tomato in it. Ordered a sandwich and repeated no tomatoes to the guy taking the order. They put tomatoes in it and when I saw them I asked them to make a new sandwich. The guy said, "Why can't we just take them off?" And i had to tell him that even the juice or small seeds of the tomato could trigger an allergic reaction.

I recently bought a new brand of crackers and didn't know that one of the ingredients was tomato powder. Given that they only emphasized the cheese in them and I didn't have my glasses with me in the store to read the ingredient list that needed a microscope to read them, I took them home, forgot I hadn't looked at the ingredients and ate some---for the next three days I had puffy eyes and my face broke out. Lost one day of work from it too.

So yes, some of us may sound diva-ish but the alternative is truly nightmarish for us.

I can certainly sympathize, Lorna Doone. I was allergic to tomatoes from the age of 5 to 12 years old. I love tomatoes and I used to eat them like apples when I was young. One night we had some on a salad and my throat closed up to the point where I couldn't breathe. The hospital said that if my parent's hadn't taken me to the hospital I would have died. I couldn't eat them for 7 years. One day I tried them again and I was fine. I can certainly understand your concern though. Hang in there!
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Thu 25 Apr 2013, 05:28

Way2Old4Dis wrote:

I also think before George, there did not really have to fit into designer sample sizes when on the red carpet. It wasn't part of their "job" as such. I think that is a contributing factor - to have the best range of red carpet outfits to choose from (to make G look good on the red carpet), they have to be the sample size that the designer makes. And I doubt that would ever be larger than a 2.

I think it is also just the pressure form the amount of attention they get in such a short time frame. If you started seeing multiple pics of yourself every single day and you have body images issues (and really what model doesn't have a warped view of the way they look) and they critique the paps shots 24/7 I think it would be reasonably easy for them to start constantly worrying about how they look and then take action that is too far and dangerous - especially if that has been a factor for not getting work previously. I mean, they way they look is the only reason G is hanging around. It is their only way to make a living. So they diet and become too thin. Hollywood is in no way as caring and supportive environment.

I mean I doubt there is anyone on any of those women's or George's payroll that would tell them that ribs sticking out is not a good look. Also long as George has arm candy and Stacy is making money for all those who take a percentage, why would they rock the boat? I mean, I doubt many of these people are actually invested in each other and if the money stopped, they would all still hang out. She ditched her agency and stylist once G came onto the scene. Can't see there being great loyalty there once George goes bye bye. If the money stops, she will be on her own. And if people are not invested, they aren't really going to care if she is doing herself harm - as long as she turns up for work and they get their cut.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 25 Apr 2013, 05:38

I agree it seems she probably doesn't have a healthy relationship to food.

While I think it's not directly George's doing (as in, he's not asking her to lose weight), it's got to be related to the fact she's dating him. Suddenly there's a whole lot of scrutiny on her and as you've all said, thin is the only acceptable shape for a woman. Yes, she's also got to fit into sample size dresses but I think the main reason is all the attention on her.

So many other celebs start getting thinner as they become more famous, and to be honest, who wouldn't choose to lose a couple of pounds if they knew they were going to be in the media spotlight? Most brides lose weight before their wedding day to look good in the photos.

Problem is, most of us have bought into the idea that if thin is good then thinner is better so why stop at a couple of pounds? It's always lose a couple more, lose another one, lose another couple.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 25 Apr 2013, 06:34

Apropos of the conversation we're having here, Stacy tweets:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Thu 25 Apr 2013, 06:37

Well she's a day late with that one! theminis posted that video a few days ago...thank you very much! Not surprised she jumped on the bandwagon.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Fri 26 Apr 2013, 03:32

I dont agree with SKs tweet. If she saw herself as too thin, like most are seeing her now, she would get healthy looking again
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Fri 26 Apr 2013, 08:46

playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 28 Apr 2013, 22:29

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 28 Apr 2013, 22:30

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 30 Apr 2013, 21:54

Last edited by theminis on Tue 30 Apr 2013, 22:20; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added tweet)
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Tue 30 Apr 2013, 21:58

I told myself I had to stop with the snark but I'm going to use the meds I'm on as an excuse. For someone who seems to have tanned for most of her life, and doesn't eat all that healthy, this tweet is most definitely a paid advertisement. Thank God for theminis because I think if I followed her, I would probably be sending some really bad tweet responses.

Probably get banned from Twitter.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose Tue 30 Apr 2013, 23:27

Okay, I feel the snark coming on as well OofOof and I'm not on meds, even though I probably should be because well.....some say I have "issues" but what do they know? Okay, so that cream must have some serious botox in it or there is a lot of photoshop going on in that picture. I'm sorry, I just don't believe anyone besides kids have that smooth of skin at the ripe old age of 33. But I'm sure there will be someone who will let me know I'm wrong as usual. Thank you in advance. Smile
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 30 Apr 2013, 23:48

m4rose wrote:Okay, I feel the snark coming on as well OofOof and I'm not on meds, even though I probably should be because well.....some say I have "issues" but what do they know? Okay, so that cream must have some serious botox in it or there is a lot of photoshop going on in that picture. I'm sorry, I just don't believe anyone besides kids have that smooth of skin at the ripe old age of 33. But I'm sure there will be someone who will let me know I'm wrong as usual. Thank you in advance. Smile

Yeah, let's see that close up without the professionally done makeup. Curious to see the quality of her skin then.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 01 May 2013, 00:01

Well she did say it was an ad...so we know she has to be getting paid for it. I looked it up and it is $125.00 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

oh and her newest tweet (two tweets in one day)

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Wed 01 May 2013, 00:35

She's a real philosopher! Very Happy
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 01 May 2013, 01:19

Now don't all jump on me at once - one at a time please.

In that photo there is zero expression on her face and yep a ton of makeup to hide all the sins, that flawless look. In other photos for example some at the Oscars you can clearly see quite a few crows feet around her eyes, and I dont' think she gets that area botoxed, its possible she may just have good skin. A lady I know who is 38 has a few lines near her eyes, which is normal, but the rest of her skin, cheek, above lips etc is absolutely flawless, that real peach/cream complexion - the only thing she has ever put on her face since teenage years is sorbelene cream.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by kid.a.kadoodles Wed 01 May 2013, 01:49

'"Quoting others are for those who need the reassurance themselves. They quote what they lack. If they had what they lacked, they could write their own words ... because they don't need to put others peoples' words in their mouths." ~~ Kid.a.Kadoodles

You can quote me on that.

kid.a.kadoodles
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 01 May 2013, 01:53

theminis you are the ever positive voice on this forum and I love you for it.

Frankly why anyone in their 20's and 30's is doing botox is beyond me--and many of them are in Hollywood. I don't think she's done it around her eyes because she does have crows feet and frankly, her skin is not flawless when you look at her closely, even with professional makeup. Very few people have flawless skin.

I do think she botoxes her forehead. She has a very prominent vein down the middle of her forehead now and again, and from what I've read that can happen when they hit a nerve incorrectly.

I'm a few years older than she is Very Happy and have just started getting wrinkles--HELP!--I am pale so didn't tan much which has helped. She, until the recent spray tan phase, tanned all year round. That will do her skin in more quickly than anything. I have friends my age who have skin that has aged much more quickly because they tanned so much when they were younger.

I frankly hope she heads to Germany soon so we can stop with the quotations. Good one Kid!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next