George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012 - Page 4 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012 - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012 - Page 4 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012 - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012 - Page 4 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012 - Page 4 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012 - Page 4 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012 - Page 4 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012 - Page 4 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012

+36
Henway
blubelle
NotAvailable
Vi
lelacorb
madsky
MM
noodle
pattygirl
Lighterside
fava
Michelle meyers
bellybaby
it's me
Katiedot
playfuldeb
phys major
silly girl
lucy
Atalante
Pari
premiere
watching
annemarie
Maggy
Lakin460
party animal - not!
MyGirlKylie
barla
davidarochelle
melbert
cindigirl
Joanna
The next mrs clooney
macs
lovelylois
40 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012 - Page 4 Empty Re: George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012

Post by pattygirl Thu 26 Apr 2012, 15:46

Wonderful job, girls. Astras you are aces in my book. Coolio

As I've been saying, George dates who he wants to date. If he were being PR'd into these dating situations, don't you think Stan would select a less "glamourous" type, not less beautiful but with a more stellar background. There are many women in the age group he goes for who have not displayed themselves to the world scantily clad, but who could use the publicity of being GF of to further their acting or singing careers.

Okay, we don't like some of his choices (it appears any of his choices) but he does and it's his life and happiness after all.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012 - Page 4 Empty Re: George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012

Post by blubelle Thu 26 Apr 2012, 17:08

I think the phrase I used "different demographic" has caused people here to react. I have always believed that G doesn't need a PR girlfriend, couldn't and wouldn't be talked into such a relationship, and have said so. Perhaps I phrased it poorly but I felt that might be the only advantage to him of such a relationship. I never inferred that it was the basis for their dating. I also said I think he keeps his private life private and we only see what he wants us to. Guess I need to keep my mouth shut or learn to write better.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 27 Apr 2012, 05:51

madsky wrote:Now I think this looks staged as Katiedot said, but she also said it was through George's people, and I am curious as to why. I know there are some people who work in P.R. here, and I just don't get the end game for George on this. I see Stacy getting work through her relationship, but what is George getting out of it? Publicity? Does he still need it? Just curious as I don't see it. Not buying that there is massive money given by gossip sites and mags for this kind of stuff.
As far as I know - and please speak up if I'm wrong - I'm the only PR person posting regularly here, and I do PR for luxury hotels and resorts.

As to why I think it's George's team doing the calling here's this: when I was first became a fan he was dating Krista. Whenever he got papped with her, the fans said it was because nasty, scheming Krista had made the call to trap poor, innocent, unsuspecting George and I went along with that theory.

Then he dated Lisa, and again, every time they got caught by the paparazzi, it was always entirely blamed on Lisa. I did wonder whether really every occasion could be attributed to her but I kept that thought to myself.

Then he went back to Krista and again she got the blame for all paparazzi shots of them together (there weren't many). Then he bounced to Lisa again, and yet again every single candid paparazzi shot taken of the two of them was laid at her feet. By this time I was having my suspicions.

He then was single for some years but still the paparazzi got occasional pictures of him out and about. Nobody to blame for those shots so they were accepted as just having happened.

When he started dating Sarah Larson - a woman who I think barely knew more than one journalist - then again the paparazzi shots of them together were said to be because she'd called the press.

Cue Elisabetta and again, every pap shot of them together was supposedly only because of her doing.

And here we are again. Stacy Keibler. And again every shot of them together is entirely due to her while poor, unsuspecting, innocent George blithely goes through life unaware of the evil schemes of his nasty girlfriend.

That's how it's been for around 10 years and it's simply not believable. If there are pictures of him with his girlfriend it's because the girlfriend dobbed him in. If there are only pictures of him (such as him coming out of the restaurant the other day) nobody says a word and just assumes the paps happened to be there and caught him.

I also believe that George calls the shots in these relationships. These women wouldn't and don't do anything that would jeapardise the relationship or seriously upset him.

As others here have said, he is surprisingly good at keeping his privacy. We know a lot about him, sure, but really detailed stuff is kept behind closed doors. What George does very well (and I believe this comes naturally to him, isn't tutored) is to present an open door to his life that allows you to see a lot, but never anything that's important to him. That he's able to keep private.

To answer why I think team George might do it, here's a couple of theories. You can take your pick or come up with another one:

1. The first thing to consider is that not all paparazzi shots are staged. Sometimes the paps really are in the right place at the right time.

2. It could be part of a quid pro quo agreement where George gets papped on some occasions and they leave him alone on others.

3. Maybe George likes the limelight (he is, after all, an actor and has an actor's ego) and still does want to see himself in the gossip magazines on occasion (especially occasions where he's able to control all aspects and look good).

4. Maybe he or his team really are bothered by the gay rumours?

Why I think it's staged is that we've never, ever seen pictures of George doing the supermarket run. Evenhere all he did was sit in the car and wait. I have my doubts as to whether he's ever done serious super market shopping in a decade and that's for two reasons: firstly, I think he's too famous to be able do some of these normal things and secondly how many men do you know who actually enjoy it? Ok, my father does but we're talking George Clooney who generally doesn't like shopping. I think that most (but of course not all!) men with George's money and staff would get someone else to do it.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Fri 27 Apr 2012, 06:18

very well said Katie
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoopy Fri 27 Apr 2012, 12:09

I will also agree with Katiedot's theory. As for grocery shopping if I could avoid it, I would. I think George is very skilled at giving the tabloids or paparrazi just enough to keep them satisfied.
Snoopy
Snoopy
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 27 Apr 2012, 12:28

I agree with you Katie....all good theories. As for grocery shopping and men....my Dad used to go but he was just the do everything kind of guy. The only man I know who actually thrives on grocery shopping is my brother in law. He loves it....he is also the one who does all the dinner clean ups....family members joke that they love have him over for the holidays because then they don't have to clean the dishes....my sister lucked out in that department.... Very Happy

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Fri 27 Apr 2012, 12:55

Thanks Katie for the answer. I am in advertising and rarely do P.R. now I know why, I didn't even think about the personal or ego part involved in this. It was bugging me too.

But you brought up some great points and ideas I hadn't thought of.

1. Highly unlikely to have that many coincidences with multiple girlfriends- the only constant is George so he probably is controlling it.
2. Even with some of the bashing Stan gets - he seems to keep most of George's life private and helps keep his career going hot while others crash and burn with the attention. Probably Stan has a lot of deals going on to make this happen.
3. I always thought the gay rumors bothered either George or some of his people more than they let on. Not sure why, but just a feeling. I don't believe any have any prejudice against gay people, not saying that. Just maybe career wise or because he's not gay it bothers them more than they let on. I think it might have been easier for him to deal with it if he was gay. I think he would be a great spokesman, but because he's not -sort of in no where land, supportive while saying you're not.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 27 Apr 2012, 13:18

You could be right, Katie (former Industry PR person here).

But I get the impression this is different. We've seen so much of his behaviour change since they've been together....Twitter, talking together on red carpets, relatively open interviews with SK, Person-to-person, etc.

I get that it's the Oscar trail (and it would be weird if he didn't push IOM. It's his baby, and he clearly respects Alexander Payne hugely).

But just something tells me that this 50 yr old man has had a bit of an epiphany.

And maybe she just asked him to give her a hand ahead of a Sunday game starting.....and one lucky pap outside Whole Foods made a lot of money!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Fri 27 Apr 2012, 13:43

Bluebelle your writing is fine, always enjoy your point of view, don't keep your mouth shut, if all of us thought alike COH would be boring.
Personally don't know many males that enjoy grocery shopping, whatever George's reason for going glad he went it was fun seeing something new for the very first time.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 27 Apr 2012, 15:28

Re Men and Grocery Shopping,
Although he prefers watching sports on TV, my roomie really enjoys grocery shopping, and always asks if I need anything. He's very good at following instructions. Maybe some of you need to meet different men with special talents.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 27 Apr 2012, 16:09

Katiedot wrote:2. It could be part of a quid pro quo agreement where George gets papped on some occasions and they leave him alone on others.

I think Katie hit it right on the head with this opinion. IMO it would be well worth it for George to select a certain scenario for the paps and be able to "rehearse" for it.

Last edited by cindigirl on Fri 27 Apr 2012, 16:46; edited 2 times in total
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Fri 27 Apr 2012, 16:42

[quote="party animal - not!"]You could be right, Katie (former Industry PR person here).

Wait let me help you Party animal you misspelled something (Present Industry PR person here)...

Your welcome!

Try selling the relationship to someone else I'm not buying it!!!!
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Fri 27 Apr 2012, 16:44

I also so Love the fact that Joanna made that same mistake!!!!!!!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 27 Apr 2012, 17:27

phys major wrote:I also so Love the fact that Joanna made that same mistake!!!!!!!

I'm not with you there phys major ? confused

A bit too subtle for this oldie ! lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Fri 27 Apr 2012, 17:39

I'll pm you later!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 27 Apr 2012, 17:41

Can't wait phys major lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Fri 27 Apr 2012, 18:01

Is this forum turning into a private PM club, do all of us get to join or only the ones that qualify, let me guess we have to all agree and think alike to be part of the club.
davidarochelle, sounds like you've found yourself the perfect man, too bad he's just your roommate.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Fri 27 Apr 2012, 18:08

Just playing the game Lucy:)
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 27 Apr 2012, 19:19

Oh, sorry about the mistake, Phys major. Where is it? Blimey, as an English teacher I had better correct it! Thanks for your help

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 27 Apr 2012, 19:43

Lucy,
It's fab to have great men in my life, as I've had major roommate troubles in the past. Actually I'm involved with someone much more compatible, and I just found out my roomie is jealous of his Irish good looks a la Rhett Butler. Not trying to get too personal or off-topic again but I don't understand posters admiration of underwear models.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Apr 2012, 19:53

blubelle wrote:I think the phrase I used "different demographic" has caused people here to react. I have always believed that G doesn't need a PR girlfriend, couldn't and wouldn't be talked into such a relationship, and have said so. Perhaps I phrased it poorly but I felt that might be the only advantage to him of such a relationship. I never inferred that it was the basis for their dating. I also said I think he keeps his private life private and we only see what he wants us to. Guess I need to keep my mouth shut or learn to write better.
No need at all to keep your mouth shut or to rephrase anything, Blubelle. The idea that he's looking for a new audience for his movies is not an unlikely one at all. And anyone who's witnessed his Oscar campaign is perfectly within their rights to question what its extravagantly OTT purpose was.

No matter what else, it's good to remember that Clooney is 100% always in control of what he does. And if that gives rise to awkward questions about his own media manipulation, then so be it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 27 Apr 2012, 20:44

davidarochelle wrote:Lucy,
It's fab to have great men in my life, as I've had major roommate troubles in the past. Actually I'm involved with someone much more compatible, and I just found out my roomie is jealous of his Irish good looks a la Rhett Butler.

Not trying to get too personal or off-topic again but I don't understand posters admiration of underwear models.

If you're referring to me davida, then obviously my sense of humour
is falling on stony ground.... big time....meaning I don't admire them ...
Oh forget it lol! Shit hits the fan lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 27 Apr 2012, 22:18

Poor Joanna! You can't win today, can you?
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway Fri 27 Apr 2012, 23:24

hmmmm do you think they ate all that food be for they left for D.C.? Hope it was nothing that would spoil. Smile

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 27 Apr 2012, 23:36

Joanna,
Several posters have posted pictures of underwear models. When you're used to being around beautiful men, pictures don't work. Google Nico Santucci, and look at his pics from his younger days. He used to do ALL the Armani Men's Cologne ads, and even hung out with G at Armani's pad and in The States. I didn't get to know Nico well until after his bachelor encounters with G, 12 years ago, when Nico was still modelling.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 28 Apr 2012, 00:12

Thank you davida......but no thank you.
I have my own good man here with me Give Flowers
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Sat 28 Apr 2012, 00:16

Does PM stand for Post Menopausal? Pre Menopausal? or just Perfect Match?
Your very Welcome Party animal not..anytime!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Sat 28 Apr 2012, 00:36

davidarochelle wrote:Joanna,
Several posters have posted pictures of underwear models. When you're used to being around beautiful men, pictures don't work. Google Nico Santucci, and look at his pics from his younger days. He used to do ALL the Armani Men's Cologne ads, and even hung out with G at Armani's pad and in The States. I didn't get to know Nico well until after his bachelor encounters with G, 12 years ago, when Nico was still modelling.

George used to model pajamas and groom's suits when he was living in Cincinnati. Maybe he should have models swim trunks when he was a young man, so we could appreciate those shots now. Very Happy
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 28 Apr 2012, 01:39

PM, my earlier comment wasn't directed toward you, feel like this site has become like the mean girls in high school you know the ones with their clicks.PM could stand for physmajor but I was ref. personal message.
My internet has gone crazy on me this week, works for 5mins. than doesn't for hrs. So PM for me could mean all you posted above, at least for this week.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Sat 28 Apr 2012, 02:07

Oh sorry Lucy I was just having fun I wasn't referring to you...Put you are right it could stand for Phys Major...Your one step ahead of me..

Sorry for the misunderstanding! Sometimes my brain just needs a break and I throw stupid things out there...

phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Sat 28 Apr 2012, 02:11

But while I am throwing things and this is a shopping blog..Does anyone have a recipe for a really good moist chocolate cake recipe?
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Sat 28 Apr 2012, 02:39

I've got one for chocolate chip cookies!

me kitchen.... NOW
Woo hooo!
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sat 28 Apr 2012, 03:59

Phys Major,
For the best recipes, google Allrecipes. Then type in Chocolate Cake. You will find plenty of moist choices for G.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 28 Apr 2012, 04:27

I find this thread fascinating. One group is talking about the mental case poster while the other group quite cheekily and with great joy, keep talking about George's baggy pants and his great unseen ass.

You guys crack me up.

Proceed!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 28 Apr 2012, 10:08

Joanna wrote:
phys major wrote:I also so Love the fact that Joanna made that same mistake!!!!!!!
I'm not with you there phys major ?
She's saying that you're both the same person posting with different nicknames.

lucy wrote:Is this forum turning into a private PM club.
Yep, totally agree. Whoever's sending PMs just send the fucking things and don't make a song and a dance about it in the forum.

Now, back on topic:
party animal - not! wrote:And maybe she just asked him to give her a hand ahead of a Sunday game starting.....and one lucky pap outside Whole Foods made a lot of money!
That was something that I'd considered as an option, but since I last posted my theories I'm told by someone who shops there regularly that Whole Foods isn't a paparazzi hangout. Which suggests that someone called them in.

Also, they both seem a little bit too dressed up, don't they? George usually wears a t-shirt not a shirt (lovely as it is and I wholehearted encourage him to wear it more often!) and Stacy in a dress . . . not really screaming Sunday casual to me. Although as someone else here posted, perhaps they'd popped in after going somewhere for lunch (or whatever) where they'd had to dress nicely.

Last edited by Katiedot on Sat 28 Apr 2012, 12:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : meant to say 'isn't a paparazzi hangout' instead of 'is'. Sorry for the confusion!)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Sat 28 Apr 2012, 12:14

My work place is a paparazzi hang out as well. They literally hang out there all day and all night hoping to snap a celeb. They sit there with cameras and cell phones, just waiting. Can't speak for Whole Foods, but just sayin' that this is what the paps do. So yes, it's possible that some get a heads up, but mostly they just wait at known hang outs and hope. But in the era of twitter and social networking, all anyone has to do is tweet that they sighted any given celeb and suddenly the paps will descend. Maybe twitter has replaced publicists? Wink

To piggyback on the topic of men and grocery shopping - to be fair and to avoid stereotypes - I don't know that the dislike of grocery shopping is gender specific. I can't really think of a woman I know who actually enjoys it. Myself included. Not saying there aren't women out there who DO like it, but I personally don't know one off the top of my head. I do know two men who do the majority of household shopping though. God bless them. ;D

Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 28 Apr 2012, 12:51

Katiedot wrote:
Joanna wrote:
phys major wrote:
I also so Love the fact that Joanna made that same mistake!!!!!!!
I'm not with you there phys major ?

She's saying that you're both the same person posting with different nicknames.

Oh Shucks, my cover is blown !
It's that picture of me in the attic getting out again headbang
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sat 28 Apr 2012, 16:13

Astras,
I love to cook AND I love to go grocery shopping, with my roomie or alone. Whole Foods is a little overwhelming because there are SO many choices, most of it out of my price range. Not a star yet. LOL
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Sat 28 Apr 2012, 20:40

davidarochelle, can I hire you to shop for me? Laughing

Of course, if one thought George Clooney might be lurking in the parking lot, it might entice a girl to get out there get herself some groceries...

Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sat 28 Apr 2012, 20:47

Astras,
Too bad you don't live in Vegas where I frequent discount stores, reading the labels and choosing off-brand but superior products. By the way it is possible for SK to go shopping at Whole Foods and buy only pre-prepared food. What does SK cook besides salads? Has she freed G from calling restaurants for take-out?
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Sat 28 Apr 2012, 20:59

Las Vegas is my favorite place. My bank account and I always get into trouble whenever I visit. Razz

I hope she's a little more inspired food wise than only fixing salads. Zzzzzzzzzz. Maybe that's why G's pants don't fit - he's eating like a gerbil. Laughing

Unimportant thought for the day: It's possible they were on their way to some kind of gathering and needed to stop and grab a few things - thus their choice of clothing, and G choosing to stay in the car. I mean, how many times have I had this convo:

Me: I need to run in a grab a few things
Significant other: Okay. I'll wait in the car.

Okay, going to go look at pretty pictures now...
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sat 28 Apr 2012, 22:38

Stacy has said in multiple interviews that she enjoys cooking and didn't I read somewhere that early on in their relationship she hired a personal chef to teach her how to make George's favorite Italian foods?
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sun 29 Apr 2012, 02:20

Lakin 460,
Would think G gets plenty of Italian food already. Don't know if the "hired a chef" comment was serious or not. How come we haven't read tweets of what she likes to cook? Or what he likes to eat besides moist chocolate cake. LOL
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 29 Apr 2012, 02:47

cuz' she drinks her nutrition, so I don't think that involves too much cooking on her part.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4