George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012 - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012 - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012 - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012 - Page 3 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012 - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012 - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012 - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012 - Page 3 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012 - Page 3 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012

+36
Henway
blubelle
NotAvailable
Vi
lelacorb
madsky
MM
noodle
pattygirl
Lighterside
fava
Michelle meyers
bellybaby
it's me
Katiedot
playfuldeb
phys major
silly girl
lucy
Atalante
Pari
premiere
watching
annemarie
Maggy
Lakin460
party animal - not!
MyGirlKylie
barla
davidarochelle
melbert
cindigirl
Joanna
The next mrs clooney
macs
lovelylois
40 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012 - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012

Post by it's me Tue 24 Apr 2012, 23:12

lelacorb wrote:
fava wrote:Man , I wish he would invest in some better fitting jeans!

In this photo wearing jeans very large and not showing off her sexy ass!

..... her? scratch
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012 - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney grocery shopping Sunday 22 April 2012

Post by phys major Wed 25 Apr 2012, 00:30

Joanna, I actually do have pics..I have a team of phys major wannabes that have learned the moves quite well!!!
Maybe you heard of us on CNN????.... warning
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 25 Apr 2012, 00:44

Not yet...not yet....nor BBC !

What about youtube Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Wed 25 Apr 2012, 01:23

We've also have been endorsed by the W.T.D (whitie. tighty division) of Hanes.. There using us as an advertisement for obvious reasons.....Also M.F.C.U...
(Mothers for Clean underwear) The kids kind of figured it out that if you wear clean undies and then get in an accident it's kind of a senseless.... Considering we all know what happens to our undies when we get in an accident! But, if, your in FEAR, of your friends, seeing your whitie tightys dirty when someone does a hit and run on your baggy pants...See it's a win win situation all around! We actually are helping the economy also, keeping the whitie tighty division in full swing. And all the time having a hell of alot of fun!!!!! Anyway I have a dinner date without the dinner...Gotta go.. Make happy
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Wed 25 Apr 2012, 02:51

You know, if...one of us was close to the situation, what could we say? What would be OK to say? Hmmm? Think about it. Even if you're not the GF of the moment, and you know something, how can you blurt? You'd be under the same restrictions as anyone else who knows something. But just saying, if I knew something I'd sure want to share with my buds here. But all I can do is give my opinions about the situation.

JMO, I read enough sites and statements last year, to get the idea from the paps themselves that there was some sort of coercion at the start. Some of the paps themselves were kind of attackative toward George and have been for a long time since he caused them to go on that strike with his rant over what they did to Princess Di.(Read the many articles over the years since Di's death of articles that put George in a bad light)

It appears to me, IMO, that there was a bit of betrayal from his own PR department as in picking her instead of someone else. That they didn't tell him who at first. And he was surprised and hurt by that choice at first. Her PR had reached an agreement by early August with his and he was unaware of it.(This is just my simple deduction from how they started, him looking freaked and drinking heavily a LOT)

But it was the paps that broke it to him with their romance stories, and he was totally unprepared for it. Why he was so uneasy with her at the start. His ppl were trying to get him to at least hold her hands and he wasn't comfortable doing that and stopped for a while.(He was holding her hands and suddenly he wouldn't for a couple of times, until much later.)

His expression was one of dismay when told to do it.(Some pics you can see him looking like hes arguing with some of his ppl and shes just looking as nonchalant in the background as she can, kind of like her feelings are hurt) Or when it was strongly suggested as the best thing to do.(By Stan)

But, MHO, its not near as bad as that poster rants about. I think there was just some question about why they did not tell him about it right away, and let him assume he was going to be with someone else. I think he had planned on another girl, but got her, Miss tall and spiked up the umpth wrestler woman.

And I do think that its just a PR relationship, even tho she is allowed to stay at his house from time to time when its convenient as in taking flights together and appearing together in public. They had to work hard on getting it to look at least like they are together to some degree.

I also believe this one will be his last PR GF. I think hes planning to go in a dif direction after her. But I won't go into detail as to why I think that. Just saying its what I think. Time will tell won't it?

Now I know I sound a bit "out there" with my opinion but hey you know I had to have one, right? So don't get upset or riled at me because I have one too. At least, I am not selling you "Its the honest truth so help me God". I leave that up to each individual to have their own opinions about it. This one is mine.

Very Happy Laughing Rolling Eyes Basketball
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle Wed 25 Apr 2012, 04:26

You absolutely have a right to your opinion and it's an interesting one. What I still don't get though is why is he supposed to need a pr girlfriend? And why would Stan think she was a good choice? And how could, and why would, someone make George Clooney do something he doesn't want to do? I like all the puzzle pieces to fit and I can't make them fit with this theory.
Please don't think I'm arguing. I think you have a well thought out, friendly post. I'm just curious.

noodle
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Wed 25 Apr 2012, 05:24

Noodle,
You are not nearly as curious as I am. Thanks for asking for clarification, so I'm not the only one. When I first got on COH late Sept I was constantly attacked for my views that something was "way off" with G&SK. I know from my roomie, a Texas native, that Southern Gentlemen are rarely publicly dis their ladies. But how does image conscious G cope with a girl that, at the very least, makes him look short and by implication, weak? Sure men often marry those taller and larger; but they don't have G's height complex nor are they constantly in the public eye. That's why I have always questioned this relationship. And G's joking about how he supposedly he is fine with SK's height and size don't convince me at all.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Wed 25 Apr 2012, 08:13

noodle, maybe you just need to do some more reading of past articles and how other women have also "walked the carpet" for his "films and self directed products." He has something to sell. His life has always been this way. Yes, he has at times enjoyed a real relationship with some of these ladies. But it is apparent to many as well as myself, that he hasn't always enjoyed all relationships as much. There has been enough cool natured indifference in his behavior this time around to convince me that this relationship is cool and only friendship. And this relationship is the one we are discussing. There are too many negative comments from many gossip sites that reflect ppl's disappointment and disapproval of this one as well as the last one.

Now do I say, thats fine or we have every right to express such disappointment? To a degree.. As fans we do buy videos of his products, pay to watch his movies and support him in whatever way we can, so yes, I do think we have earned the right to express our opinions of what he does. However, i think we will calm down at some point and accept whatever. Because we are fans.

If you read my statement carefully, I have stated why I feel the way I do.

Oh yes, as to Stan, he's his publicist and it is his job to ensure that George has the "best" possible chance to "publish" his works and also win awards. But of late, Stan seems to have gotten a bit behind the times with this type of publicity. It seems to be changing and becoming more challenging for those who depend on this type of publicity. Stan I think, is failing to make good judgements and decisions for George. To Stan, she may have seemed like the perfect choice because of her background as a wrestler and some of her kinky past. The same old patterns were used as in the past, and fans are tired of it. Thats when you know it isn't working. When fans begin to fall off and dislike things too much. Boobs and Butt, naked pics and trash like that actually do sell many things, and tho we may not like it very much, it prolly appealed to many new male fans who may have bought the product. Just saying, thats Stan's job to choose trash that will sell George and his products. Thats why George eventually goes along with whatever. And in the process, the way they have been playing it, she gets her image slowly cleaned up and helped by degrees, and becomes more popular for her career. believe me, she has gained many more male fans now.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Wed 25 Apr 2012, 10:01

JoanieJD wrote:noodle, maybe you just need to do some more reading of past articles and how other women have also "walked the carpet" for his "films and self directed products." He has something to sell. His life has always been this way. Yes, he has at times enjoyed a real relationship with some of these ladies. But it is apparent to many as well as myself, that he hasn't always enjoyed all relationships as much. There has been enough cool natured indifference in his behavior this time around to convince me that this relationship is cool and only friendship. And this relationship is the one we are discussing. There are too many negative comments from many gossip sites that reflect ppl's disappointment and disapproval of this one as well as the last one.

Now do I say, thats fine or we have every right to express such disappointment? To a degree.. As fans we do buy videos of his products, pay to watch his movies and support him in whatever way we can, so yes, I do think we have earned the right to express our opinions of what he does. However, i think we will calm down at some point and accept whatever. Because we are fans.

If you read my statement carefully, I have stated why I feel the way I do.

Oh yes, as to Stan, he's his publicist and it is his job to ensure that George has the "best" possible chance to "publish" his works and also win awards. But of late, Stan seems to have gotten a bit behind the times with this type of publicity. It seems to be changing and becoming more challenging for those who depend on this type of publicity. Stan I think, is failing to make good judgements and decisions for George. To Stan, she may have seemed like the perfect choice because of her background as a wrestler and some of her kinky past. The same old patterns were used as in the past, and fans are tired of it. Thats when you know it isn't working. When fans begin to fall off and dislike things too much. Boobs and Butt, naked pics and trash like that actually do sell many things, and tho we may not like it very much, it prolly appealed to many new male fans who may have bought the product. Just saying, thats Stan's job to choose trash that will sell George and his products. Thats why George eventually goes along with whatever. And in the process, the way they have been playing it, she gets her image slowly cleaned up and helped by degrees, and becomes more popular for her career. believe me, she has gained many more male fans now.

...perfect examination, Joanie, congratulations! You expressed exactly what many of his fans think (myself included), at least here in Europe, .. and insiders (and what this year, in my opinion, caused the debacle of the GC....http://www.laineygossip.com/Articles/Details/2...ooney-Stacy-Keibler-c'est-la-vie-at-the-Oscars..)... so that the major gossip sites, actually, have not even published the latest appearances of the couple .... well are they tired? Unlike previous relationships, in this one immediately it was realized that there was no feeling between the two, but only embarrassment, coldness, GC for most of the time with his nose ... so much so that, before Christmas, they had thought of returning with EC .... in short, as never before this year the advertising campaign around the GC is a negative for him ... GC should seek compensation from Stan or seriously thinking of changing PR .... in the end there is only one that has really gained in terms of image, economically and professionally, and it's Stacy ....good for her....
barla
barla
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Wed 25 Apr 2012, 13:11

Ok, I've been around for only a couple of years, and I understand the above points of view and respect them, but, why does everyone think that his relationships are a result of his PR team? What purpose/intent would it serve to hook George up with these D-listers? Almost all of his GFs have questionable backgrounds and don't seem to serve a purpose insofar as gaining "followers" of George - in fact, quite the opposite - they turn off his died hard fan base (that's us).

If Stan were to try to implement PR for George, these days I would think he would go the route of twitter or Facebook - now I know what George has said about social media - but let's face it, to be forced to "be" with someone isn't as bad? And his PR could always hire a ghost writer, so it wouldn't actually have to be him. And, that's the fastest growing PR outlet these days.

I, personally, don't believe that George is being "told" to do anything he doesn't want to do. I don't think Stan is choosing skanks for his gf's on purpose (still don't know what purpose they serve), and they're under some kind of GF contract with George.

I DO believe there is some kind of confidentiality paper that is signed by his dates, and honestly, I don't blame him for that,and actually think it's a good idea for him.

I think George dates, who he wants to date, for his own reasons. The impression (and that's all I can go on) I have with SK is that she's "easy". As I've said before, Vanilla - very obedient, just kinda there, not alot of drama. There seemed to be a lot of drama with Eli, George knew SK previously, and maybe he thought he'd just "coast" for awhile.

I also don't think it's a very serious relationship, just good friends, spending time together.

geek just my opinion...

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 25 Apr 2012, 13:22

Bellybaby - I don't think for a second that he is forced into any of the relationships by Stan, the Vegas mob, the Italian mafia who fund the movie industry there or whoever if the latest excuse as to why George is dating someone that the fanbase disapproves of. But that doesn't mean that there aren't strategies and angles that he and Stan work when he is dating someone to be to his advantage.

I think George is very industry aware and has been around the block enough to realise that he gets much more press and attention when he has a date / girlfriend on his arm than when he doesn't. And that level of attention helps sell / promote the films he makes now that don't have a built in opening weekend box office and/or are made through his company where he has a financial stake in the success of the project. And it seems that the more attention a film gets in general (be it mainstream or independent) through whatever avenue available to them, the easier it is to launch and maintain an award campaign.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 25 Apr 2012, 13:26

I do not believe George is forced to date any of these women he is a grown man. I think he simply chooses to date the women he is around and knows. As far as who he dates affecting my being a fan it does not it is his personal life and I don't think it is really any of my business. I am a fan of his acting and his humanitarian work as long as he continues to do these things well I will be a fan. I enjoy discussing his new girl for me it is just a little fun. I really hope that George and Stacy or whoever the next girl is are happy.
I respect everyone's opinion and this is mine.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 25 Apr 2012, 13:43

Thanks for the laffs phys major, gave you a green !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

hmmm....are you sure you don't have an ulterior motive for linking up with this company ?

Coolio pictures ! lol!

Last edited by Joanna on Wed 25 Apr 2012, 13:55; edited 1 time in total
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle Wed 25 Apr 2012, 13:47

Now Bellybaby's post I can fit the puzzle pieces together. Not that she's right and others are wrong...it just makes more sense to me. I can't get past the "what good is she doing for him" part. The "she's vanilla, easy to handle and deal with" matches what I see. That may be why she speaks some on the red carpet where I don't remember the others more than a word or two. No great love by any means although she seems likable enough to me . I understand signing confidentiality agreements. Makes sense especially since he is reported to be, at the least, adventurous sexually.
Sometimes what makes the most sense to me is would be that he picks the ones he does because they are willing to provide the type of "bedroom activities" he chooses. I just don't think he has that desire for a meaningful relationship, he doesn't seem to need it. Then Stan the pr man just has to do the best he can with what he has to deal with.
Just my opinion so far, but I'll keep reading everyone's comments and it could change lol.

noodle
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Wed 25 Apr 2012, 15:01

watching wrote:Bellybaby - I don't think for a second that he is forced into any of the relationships by Stan, the Vegas mob, the Italian mafia who fund the movie industry there or whoever if the latest excuse as to why George is dating someone that the fanbase disapproves of. But that doesn't mean that there aren't strategies and angles that he and Stan work when he is dating someone to be to his advantage.

I think George is very industry aware and has been around the block enough to realise that he gets much more press and attention when he has a date / girlfriend on his arm than when he doesn't. And that level of attention helps sell / promote the films he makes now that don't have a built in opening weekend box office and/or are made through his company where he has a financial stake in the success of the project. And it seems that the more attention a film gets in general (be it mainstream or independent) through whatever avenue available to them, the easier it is to launch and maintain an award campaign.

Omg Watching!! When I first read the stories about the Mob, the Mafia (imdb), I honestly thought it was a joke, but have since come to believe that the person/personas that write that have a serious delusion. And I definitely agree that strategies are put into place by Stan to make the most of his situation (whoever he's dating at the time). That's what PR is for.
And yes, George does get more attention with a GF because he's the "eternal batchelor".

But I'm just saying, there's alot of people out there - and on this board - that think that his gf's are arranged, for PR sake. My thought is that he would get ALOT more, and better PR out of an arranged relationship with a more suitable GF - that is, one that doesn't have such a "colorful" past in the business. I've heard of arranged relationships (wasn't Jen Aniston and Gerard Butler supposedly dating around the time of their movie, and it was rumored to be arranged?), so I do believe that they happen, for PR. But like in Jen and Gerard's case, they're both on a suitable scale. Jen didn't hook up with some D-list skanker (that'll be my word for guys with questionable backgrounds) for PR.

Just trying to understand the point of view, as to how having a D-list famewhore (sorry if this offends) as a GF in any way helps, as opposed to having, say, a B-list, serious actress/entertainer, non-famewhore. Cuz I'm sure there are alot of willing B-listers out there that would happily be GF-of for awhile...

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Wed 25 Apr 2012, 16:51

I've been reading everyone's comments about G's dating habits. IMO the only PR advantage to this relationship for G is SK does have a fan base. I think she is attractive and her background would bring a different demographic that may not have followed G's movies. The same can be said for Eli. His films seem to do well in Europe. I may be short sighted but I still believe him when he says he keeps his private life private. We see only what he wants us to see. The rest of his life is his to know.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway Wed 25 Apr 2012, 16:56

Why a 30 something? Cause he is trying to get the younger fan base to see his movies. IMO of course. How many students from the schools he filmed saw Ides? I think he wants that younger crowd badly. Neutral

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Wed 25 Apr 2012, 17:01

I have been following some of the Stacy thread and this thread and I get the hint of negative vibes between people about a person (George), we all don't really know in person. We read about him and his relationships in articles and gossip sites, but that is all subjective, depending on who wrote the story. We see him in the movies and we try to analyze what is his character and what is the true George. We see him walk down the red carpet with a girl, who we really don't know, and make judgements about his relationships, we really don't know about. IMO we put this guy (George) on a pedestal and in our fantasy world and when he disappoints everyone through his actions or words, people start attacking each other. Really, he is just a person, who is a successful actor and since I joined this sight, have discovered his many faults.If he was not to successful and did not have a lot money, there wouldn't be a whole website devoted to him. He isn't running for President of The United States, so we don't have to worry about Stacy being first lady. So lets agree to disagree and just have some fun without the bully. With enough said, if someone really knows him and wants to step forward to give us some insight into his working mind and girlfriends, please step forward, otherwise we all we have to just keep speculating on his personal life. By the way, I do think he likes his girls skanky, since he isn't going to marry them, why not.

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 25 Apr 2012, 17:45

Skanky girls need love too even if it's for a few months.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 25 Apr 2012, 18:28

Oh, GTC's a legs and bottom man, isn't he?

Hence the choices.....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 25 Apr 2012, 18:48

JO
nice new avatar

but I prefer those
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wink

now
his choice
no way

he 'needs' one
not too serious

or it will appear
too serious

Smash computer
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 25 Apr 2012, 19:04

IM.....I can't imagine our George in those PJ's can you ? lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Wed 25 Apr 2012, 19:05

Interesting thoughts upthread, thanks to all for sharing, helped me in my understanding too... Smile My "FEELING" is that both George AND Stan were considerably deceived where Stacy's PR Contract (am NOT mulling over their "relationship" here, because it is a given that they are in a relationship already)... by a PR person, who they trusted... I know I might sound a lot like what is written on Boards everywhere... even though I continue to validate that as well... Smile

The truth is, that when I look back, and study a bit more on the data / information that is all out there (since Sarah Larson's time)... I have myself trusted the same set of people too much, for what they have said, for what they have portrayed/sold... So I can understand if George + Stan + Team George were taken in for a ride as well... trusting must've come easy, is what I meant Smile

Even if all of that is a past, the present and the future as I see, is more about Stacy's coins upgrade Very Happy Her positioning, market space etc... that seems to be the key focus and target... regardless of what anyone else might have to lose in the process/time... Well, since George HAS BEEN and IS with Stacy, she is very obviously HIS choice... HE must very obviously want things the way they turned out to be... or so I see Very Happy
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 25 Apr 2012, 19:22

Joanna wrote:IM.....I can't imagine our George in those PJ's can you ? lol!

absolutely yes!
(and I already did.... Razz Cool Laughing Wink )
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Wed 25 Apr 2012, 19:24

annemarie wrote:It is also possible that someone in the store tipped the press from what I have read people can call the press and get paid for it just another possibility.
The strange person is on the attack on us mag writing same things George didn't want to do this Stan made him. It's all for money and publicity for Stacy . This person needs serious help.

For a long while somehow, I have thought that this person who "attacks" on boards to be just another PR person / talented artiste... Smile anyways... that is besides the point right now I guess Smile

I was thinking of what I have marked in red... You see... that is all that Stacy might see... that might be just how far her eyes will see... Money and publicity for Stacy!!! YUP!!! But, those who really care for George, look at the long term damages for him!!! Those who've watched him, and I am talking of his REAL FANS since years, tear up at what he is doing to himself (drinking etc)... cringing and breaking up at what all of these games are doing for him --- both as a person and as an icon... There is a big differencein there... and the person who might be "needing help" of a different kind (other than the coins I mean) might be my daughter Stacy... haaaa I love you
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Wed 25 Apr 2012, 19:38

MM wrote:
annemarie wrote: This person wrote this crap on US magazine they certainly get around. She needs help and I know everyone says she is harmless but what does it take to make her not harmless. How do George and Stan tell when she crosses the line. And I know here we all talk about Stacy some like her some don't , but I would really hate to see her harmed by some looney.

I just had a thought: if this person has some sick obsession with George, she could be displacing her wrath and frustration on this site by turning people against each other, and trash-talking George and his associates. Maybe Stan and George need to be informed of this situation, so that it does not become an Alec Baldwin situation.

For some reason I think this person is just another PR stance... Just a "pressure point" for George / Stan to protect the Girlfriend of the moment... It is also "Time" specific... You will find the rants climaxing during / off Contract renewal times etc... I don't want to go into the graphics... but these are professional notes, written with a certain purpose... Sometimes along the lines of "reverse publicity"... sometimes just plain pressure tactics... (want a body-guard / want the Contract extension etc)... And they are written well, with necessary planning, incase of a legal rebuttal / court case etc... arises... as I've pointed out before... they are a good bunch of "precautions" that some streams believe they ought to take...

The sad part though... is that it re-kindles the "Anna Harem"... my lost daughters in there who seem to want to live in their purgatory of fantasy... Sad
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 25 Apr 2012, 21:31

I don't really see George doing anything other than living his life the way he chooses. He has drank since he was young he is not an alcholic and seems to know when it is getting out of hand as he has said in interviewss. I think everyone sees George differently, to me he is just a man who's job is acting. The thing I find most appalling about him is his humanitarian work and the fact that he uses his fame to help others.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Wed 25 Apr 2012, 22:49

Lakin460 wrote:
Joanna wrote:Maybe he's reached that stage where Comfort is
the order of the day ?
It happens !

Hey, I'm at that stage - and I'm George's age.

Amen ladies. Add me to the comfort over vanity stage of life. Or these could be his *laundry day* jeans. Laughing Laughing I think he looks yummy and yes...you kind just want to pull them down just a wee bit. Wink

On a more serious note, I've been rather taken aback by the cynicism some (more than I expected when I joined) members of COH seem to feel regarding George. I honestly can't tell if some people who post here even like him. Everyone is entitled to their opinions; and I'm all for varied and lively discussion - but so much of what I read seems downright mean and insulting. I guess I'm one of those people who joins a message board devoted to a certain celebrity because I like that celebrity; and I view such sites as places where fellow admirers gather to keep up to date, informed, and to enjoy lovely photos, discuss films, articles and engage in some good natured gossip. I mean, it's natural to discuss G's GFs and such, but my oh my...there is a lot of hatred going on out there...

I'm sure some people are at this very moment rolling their eyes at my rose glasses colored view of George, but I have personal experience with him - and he was nothing but kind and gracious to me each and every time. I know several people who have worked with him, and to a person they only have good things to say about the man as a person and colleague. People like him. Why? Because he's a good guy. People like to be around him. Why? Because he's smart and funny. Is he perfect? Of course not. I don't for one minute think he is. That would be awfully dull, wouldn't it? I'm sure he has his moments of anger, pettiness, selfishness etc. He is a human being after all. Maybe some find his humor juvenile at times. Maybe some think he drinks too much. Maybe some find his taste in women questionable. But I give George credit for being a grown man who makes his own decisions about who is and isn't part of his life, and for how he wants to live it. He is 50 years old after all, and has been around the block a time or two. He knows what he wants. I've met Stan. He's a very quiet man who stays in the background. I can't for one minute imagine he tells George whom he should or shouldn't date. Does Stan occasionally have to come to his rescue PR-wise? Probably. Does Stan give advice on personal matters? Maybe. I don't know what motivates George, but I do know that as someone who likes him, I find much more to admire about the man than to tear down.

I certainly think he is more than capable of making his own decisions when it comes to his personal life. What kind of man would he be otherwise? But I suppose that's the point the detractors keep trying to make - not much of a man at all. But I'm not buying what those people are selling - the idea that some conspiratorial PR machine is churning 24/7 to keep George in the spotlight by using previously unknown GFs to allure a target demographic into the theatres to see George's films; or to dissuade people from thinking he's gay...or whatever it is that goes through people's heads. He's just a guy living his life. That life happens to be public.

I don't mean to sound harsh or judgmental, but it makes me sad to visit a site dedicated to George and still constantly read the same negative comments about him that I could find anywhere on the vitriol-filled net. Having said that, I do applaud katiedot for creating a forum where all opinions are welcome - even the ones I find off-putting. So really, it's up to me to stay out of the threads I find contentious. So I think I will! Because really, I'm sure there are plenty who aren't buying what I'm selling either.

Carry on!
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 25 Apr 2012, 22:54

Thank you, Astras....[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 25 Apr 2012, 23:04

Yes, thank you Astras for your opinion. He's 50 years old and capable of knowing what he wants. I say and always did say whatever makes him happy, go for it.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 25 Apr 2012, 23:29

Well done Astras.

Stay. And help keep a healthy, balanced and considered view here.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Wed 25 Apr 2012, 23:46

George seems happy most of the time in front of the public. I hope he is happy not just for the public
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 26 Apr 2012, 01:28

Astras thank you for saying what I have been saying. You are not a lone I feel the same as you. George is living his life the way he wants and is happy in it.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Thu 26 Apr 2012, 01:43

Thanks for you compliment, Astras. I really enjoy people like you on this forum.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Thu 26 Apr 2012, 02:23

Thank you ladies. I was just feeling as though I was all alone in the wilderness of actually liking the man. Smile Smile
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Thu 26 Apr 2012, 02:34

You can really admire someone and still wish they made a few different choices. Maybe it's not possible, but I wish even more people would respect G and go to see all of his movies. Personally it is hard for me to see a Tom Cruise movie, as I am opposed to Scientology. It is less serious IMHO for G to promote girls who don't seem appreciative.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 26 Apr 2012, 03:02

Astras - WOW!!!! So eloquently written! And everybody's else opinions - well done! I'm so proud to call you friends.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Thu 26 Apr 2012, 04:07

I've never understood why anyone has thought George's relationships were for PR. Or why he would even do fake staged photo ops, I just don't see him getting anything out of it. If he does any of it, it is for the girl.

That being said, I think the days of George having a normal dating life have long gone by. He may see a woman that he is interested in, but the dating is probably a bit different than most people, and involves other management people, written agreements, and background checks. I don't think less of George for this - I think he's smart. A man of his wealth and celebrity and with all the obsessed people in the world needs to be careful. And it must work, he really hasn't had any of his former girlfriends reveal anything that embarrassing, and as a long time bachelor that really is pretty amazing with the amount of money you know could be thrown to his ex-girlfriends.

I never thought anyone on this site doesn't like George, with the exception of the few people who come on here periodically to insult. I think some people are just overly worried about him and what they see. To each his own. I agree he's 50years old, successful, and made it this far. My concern and worry is best placed elsewhere.

Still it is fun to analyze his every move. He is fascinating in so many ways.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 26 Apr 2012, 04:56

Just one of the things I'am missing, his nice ass.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 26 Apr 2012, 05:28

The Whole Foods is near his house. He's shopped there many times before. Sometimes paps hang out there. Unless she tweeted prior to coming OUT of the store it was probably a coincidence and not a staged PR opportunity. George isn't some damn reality star that needs all the attention he can get - he gets enough attention as it is.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Thu 26 Apr 2012, 07:10

Astras...I've been on George forums for over 10 years and on every single one someone (including myself) has asked the same question because on every forum I've been on By George, Clooneyfiles, Clooney Studio, Clooney Project, Clooney Unlimited and others there are posters who seem to hate George and some who hate him in one post and then love him in the next.
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Thu 26 Apr 2012, 08:43

LornaDoone wrote:The Whole Foods is near his house. He's shopped there many times before. Sometimes paps hang out there. Unless she tweeted prior to coming OUT of the store it was probably a coincidence and not a staged PR opportunity. George isn't some damn reality star that needs all the attention he can get - he gets enough attention as it is.

Indeed, it's not GC necessary to promote .... c'mon, The daily mail knew exactly what SK was wearing and I assure you that this is a fairly unknown designer ..... What then if GC wants to help (by contract or otherwise Suspect Suspect ) SK, it's not a sin?? ...
barla
barla

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 26 Apr 2012, 10:48

Thank you Astras for your very interesting post.
It's most enlightening to hear from someone who's actually met and spent a little time with George.

You are not alone here on this forum.

I admire George for his work in films and admire his humanitarian activities and have done for nearly 20 years.
So, his choice of lady friends has not changed
my opinion of him one jot !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Thu 26 Apr 2012, 13:11

I think what bothers me, is that I"m trying to understand what is written about him, how it makes sense...

"the idea that some conspiratorial PR machine is churning 24/7 to keep George in the spotlight by using previously unknown GFs to allure a target demographic into the theatres to see George's films; "

This is pretty much what I asked in my previous post. I've seen people here talk about it, and of course there's the major loonies that keep spewing the "Contract Girlfriends for PR" on every and any blog they can get to. But I've yet to get a good, solid reason for WHY or HOW having these girls as GFs help him, in any way.

A younger fan base? Do you see what SK's fans say about him on her Facebook about him? or about her dating him? Not too nice, don't think they're becoming fans of George. My daughter is in her early 20's. She knows who George is, but she's not attracted to him, and just because he's in a movie doesn't mean she's going to see it. So, I'm not real convinced that this is a solid answer - for me, anyway.

Sorry. I'm the type of person that believes that, just because you keep saying something over and over again (the loonies) doesn't make it true. There would be a reason for it. That's why I don't believe in the Contract GF. Haven't heard a convincing enough reason for it. A gag order or sorts, yes. I believe that. And like I said in that post, I think someone like him needs it.

Thanks Astras, for your inside info!!

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 26 Apr 2012, 13:22

It always amuses me that GTC has so much pull to attract the nonsense that's written about him and his personal life.

Has it ever happened to anyone else in such quantity ?
The only one's I can think of are Taylor & Burton !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 26 Apr 2012, 13:26

I've just noticed the number of posts here
since Sunday....144

George needs to go shopping more often IMO Superdupercool
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 26 Apr 2012, 13:45

Just re-reading all above post, LOL "skanky girls need love to, if only for a few months", Very well thought and written comments,nice to be able to have so many points of view.
Here's mine don't think GTC spends so much of his free time just for PR, to sell his projects would he really date someone for a year or two? Since Celine hasn't all his GF's short and long term been some type of lingerie model,waitress in skimpy uniforms,actress not afraid to take it off on film? These can't all be Stan's choice, to help sell his projects, will agree he needs a younger audience, their the ones going to the films, standing in lines to see films over and over again. But thankfully GTC doesn't make films like that.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 26 Apr 2012, 14:14

George freely chooses to live his life like I do not want to believe that Stan can tell him how to get around in his private life. If he is with Stacy because it wants to be with her ​​even if we do not understand the reason (certainly not love!) But he has a reason: it is a busy woman, she is there when he needs, is good at a corner when it is sought is always smiling and does not break balls, etc, etc. ......! Of course we are all women and would be dealt with bother us very well and for this reason sometimes we criticize!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 26 Apr 2012, 14:55

Late to the party (as usual!) but wanted to say YAY ASTRAS! Great post! Thank you for putting it so succinctly.

Decided to add that if George was worried about reaching out to a younger demographic, wouldn't it be smarter to pick films that would actually interest the younger demographic? Why would he expect 20 something males to be interested in the films he makes. He'd be choosing to make big blockbusters like Will Smith, Depp or Downey Jr. if that was his goal.

Choosing someone to date who is young would in no way shape or form ensure a younger based audience. It would have no impact on his box office.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 26 Apr 2012, 15:46

Looking at the pics again I see he does look a little ticked off.

Using Hen's comment, maybe he said "what the hell, you said you were just going to pick up some tampons." LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next