George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
April chit chat - Page 6 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
April chit chat - Page 6 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
April chit chat - Page 6 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
April chit chat - Page 6 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
April chit chat - Page 6 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
April chit chat - Page 6 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
April chit chat - Page 6 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
April chit chat - Page 6 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
April chit chat - Page 6 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

April chit chat

+24
Pari
Atalante
Lighterside
amuserato
noodle
playfuldeb
Maggy
GalaxyLover
ARMANI
lucy
MyGirlKylie
Merlin
NotAvailable
LornaDoone
silly girl
it's me
melbert
theminis
Joanna
Vi
Lakin460
cindigirl
pattygirl
Katiedot
28 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

April chit chat - Page 6 Empty Re: April chit chat

Post by Joanna Tue 17 Apr 2012, 21:43

In the meantime, enjoy this story about Suryia & Roscoe

Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 17 Apr 2012, 23:47

That is absolutely gorgeous!!!!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 18 Apr 2012, 00:24

some light humour......

Winning Numbers
Q: Why does a man twist his wedding ring on his finger?
A: He’s trying to figure out the combination.

April chit chat - Page 6 Facebook-parenting
see more Parenting Fails

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 18 Apr 2012, 01:37

Lakin460 wrote:
Joanna wrote:Can we have one bear story every week MGK,
please, pretty please ?

YES, YES, YES!!!! Please.....? gotpics

There's not THAT many bear stories, we have seen them while out riding. But I do have a few about the hubby riding a horse through the middle of bee swarm, my horse trying to swim in a creek and big water trough with me on his back, an uncle getting left behind when his horse ran off, finding baby rattlesnakes, and getting soaked in a surprise thunderstorm. It seems that Murphy's Law followed us around when horseback riding. Rolling Eyes I do have to say that I've been lucky because I've only been thrown off one time. I landed flat on my back with 3 horses' hooves stomping all around me and didn't have a scratch on me when I got up. Knock on wood. lol

Loved the wedding ring joke, theminis. Thumbs up!
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 18 Apr 2012, 02:08

MyGirlKylie wrote:
Lakin460 wrote:
Joanna wrote:Can we have one bear story every week MGK,
please, pretty please ?

YES, YES, YES!!!! Please.....? April chit chat - Page 6 2372410948

There's not THAT many bear stories, we have seen them while out riding. But I do have a few about the hubby riding a horse through the middle of bee swarm, my horse trying to swim in a creek and big water trough with me on his back, an uncle getting left behind when his horse ran off, finding baby rattlesnakes, and getting soaked in a surprise thunderstorm. It seems that Murphy's Law followed us around when horseback riding. Rolling Eyes I do have to say that I've been lucky because I've only been thrown off one time. I landed flat on my back with 3 horses' hooves stomping all around me and didn't have a scratch on me when I got up. Knock on wood. lol

Loved the wedding ring joke, theminis. April chit chat - Page 6 10818

Good grief! Where do you live....ALASKA?????? Or maybe Montana? or the Outback in Autstralia???? Wild woman! (I like it....tell me more!)
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 18 Apr 2012, 03:07

MyGirlKylie, some of your experiences seem very similar to mine!!

I'm a wee bit scared of horses but nevertheless agreed to participate in some teambuilding exercises involving horses along with work colleages. I was given an apparently very tame, well trusted horse to ride due to my fear of them so all was supposed to be smooth and cruisy. Had a fabulous day riding through and around the mountains Snowy River style until all 20 of us had to cross a creek to get back to our camp. Now the leader of our group described it as a gently flowing creek (read incredibly deep fast flowing river), well my horse freaked halfway during the crossing and refused to budge so both of us started getting swept sideways down this river - terrifying, all ended well when the extremely rugged very handsome horse guide complete with cowboy hat rescued us........

Not learning my lesson, 6 months later I signed up yet again for another teambuilding exercise involving riding horses on one of our local beaches, beautiful day, lots of fun in the sun ending with all of our horses running into the crashing waves at sunset, sounds fantastic yeah? Except my horse again scared of water perhaps, got 2 metres or so into the ocean and the very rough crashing waves, promptly reared up, flipped me off his back and he took off down the beach riderless with me sitting in the waves nursing a very very sore bottom!!!! Upside got to cuddle with the stunning horse guide all the way back to base camp on the back of his horse!!!

Later I will tell you all about the other team building exercises that involved white-water rafting, water-skiing, snow-skiing where I strayed from my work collegues and had to be rescued, and finally an obstacle course that involved leeches and snakes!!!

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 18 Apr 2012, 11:49

LOL @ Lakin. I'm from TN.

theminis, you might want to stay away from rivers and creeks. You have about as much luck there as I do in the mountains. Wink you needed my horse that loved water. When we would cross streams or rivers, he would stop, paw the ground, and I could feel his weight shift because he wanted to lay down in the water, with me still in the saddle. So the guys used to stop in front of me when we'd cross water just so I would get water splashed all over me. Hardy, har har, assholes. Rolling Eyes

Luckily we've always had gentle horses. The one time I was bucked off was partially my fault for letting myself be talked into riding the youngest, least experience horse who was feeling REALLY good due to all the sweet feed she'd had over the winter. I was ok, holding on, until my foot came out of the stirrup and I went backwards off her butt. Landed flat on my back underneath the stomping hooves of 3 horses. When I flew off, it scared her, she ran off and the others had to chase her down. Thank goodness we were still inside a fenced in field. She couldn't go too far. After I recovered the breath that at been knocked out of me, I shakily got back on and we finished the day with no other incidents. I have been wary about getting on unfamiliar horses ever since but it didn't change my love for riding.

MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:11

Confucius Say:

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Virginity like
bubble, one prick, all gone.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Man who run in
front of car get tired.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Man who run behind
car get exhausted.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Man with hand in
pocket feel cocky all day.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Foolish man give
wife grand piano, wise man
give wife upright
organ.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Man with one
chopstick go hungry.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Man who scratch ass
should not bite fingernails.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Man who eat many
prunes get good run for money.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Baseball is wrong:
man with four balls cannot walk.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

War does not
determine who is right,
war determine who is
left.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Wife who put
husband in doghouse soon
find him in
cathouse.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Man who fight with
wife all day get no piece at night.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It take many nails
to build crib, but one screw to fill it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Man who drive like
hell, bound to get there.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Man who stand on
toilet is high on pot.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Man who live in
glass house should change
clothes in
basement.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Man who fish in
other man's well often
catch crabs.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Man who BREAK WIND in
church sit in own pew.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Crowded elevator
smell different to little people.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:22

theminis wrote:MyGirlKylie, some of your experiences seem very similar to mine!!

I'm a wee bit scared of horses but nevertheless agreed to participate in some teambuilding exercises involving horses along with work colleages. I was given an apparently very tame, well trusted horse to ride due to my fear of them so all was supposed to be smooth and cruisy. Had a fabulous day riding through and around the mountains Snowy River style until all 20 of us had to cross a creek to get back to our camp. Now the leader of our group described it as a gently flowing creek (read incredibly deep fast flowing river), well my horse freaked halfway during the crossing and refused to budge so both of us started getting swept sideways down this river - terrifying, all ended well when the extremely rugged very handsome horse guide complete with cowboy hat rescued us........

Not learning my lesson, 6 months later I signed up yet again for another teambuilding exercise involving riding horses on one of our local beaches, beautiful day, lots of fun in the sun ending with all of our horses running into the crashing waves at sunset, sounds fantastic yeah? Except my horse again scared of water perhaps, got 2 metres or so into the ocean and the very rough crashing waves, promptly reared up, flipped me off his back and he took off down the beach riderless with me sitting in the waves nursing a very very sore bottom!!!! Upside got to cuddle with the stunning horse guide all the way back to base camp on the back of his horse!!!

Later I will tell you all about the other team building exercises that involved white-water rafting, water-skiing, snow-skiing where I strayed from my work collegues and had to be rescued, and finally an obstacle course that involved leeches and snakes!!!

theminis - where do I sign up for your job???? The only teambuilding exercises I've gotten to do involve a pencil, word problems and a corporate meeting room!
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:23

lol! thanks ladies for your colourful horse stories ! horsepoop

theminis...I get your drift of just wanting a cuddle
with sexy horse guides.... Thumbs up!
Don't worry, your secret is safe with us Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 18 Apr 2012, 12:26

MyGirlKylie wrote:LOL @ Lakin. I'm from TN.

theminis, you might want to stay away from rivers and creeks. You have about as much luck there as I do in the mountains. Wink you needed my horse that loved water. When we would cross streams or rivers, he would stop, paw the ground, and I could feel his weight shift because he wanted to lay down in the water, with me still in the saddle. So the guys used to stop in front of me when we'd cross water just so I would get water splashed all over me. Hardy, har har, assholes. Rolling Eyes

Luckily we've always had gentle horses. The one time I was bucked off was partially my fault for letting myself be talked into riding the youngest, least experience horse who was feeling REALLY good due to all the sweet feed she'd had over the winter. I was ok, holding on, until my foot came out of the stirrup and I went backwards off her butt. Landed flat on my back underneath the stomping hooves of 3 horses. When I flew off, it scared her, she ran off and the others had to chase her down. Thank goodness we were still inside a fenced in field. She couldn't go too far. After I recovered the breath that at been knocked out of me, I shakily got back on and we finished the day with no other incidents. I have been wary about getting on unfamiliar horses ever since but it didn't change my love for riding.

I always loved trail riding. Thankful I never had any harrowing experiences like you and theminis! Love the stories!

I've been thinking about relocating to Chattanooga. Tennessee is a beautiful state!
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 18 Apr 2012, 13:22

Winning Numbers
Q: Why does a man twist his wedding ring on his finger?
A: He’s trying to figure out the combination.

PRICELESS!!! LOL!!!!!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 18 Apr 2012, 13:34

Lakin460 wrote:
I always loved trail riding. Thankful I never had any harrowing experiences like you and theminis! Love the stories!

I've been thinking about relocating to Chattanooga. Tennessee is a beautiful state!

Chattanooga is only a couple hours from me. You should try Knoxville. Wink
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 18 Apr 2012, 15:25

4 Things you might not have known about your Cell Phone

For all the folks with cell phones. (This should be printed and kept in your car, purse, and wallet.
There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies.
Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival.
Check out the things that you can do with it:

FIRST (Emergency)
The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112. If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile network and there is an Emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly, this number 112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked. Try it out.
SECOND (Hidden Battery Power)
Imagine your cell battery is very low. To activate, press the keys *3370#. Your cell phone will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge your cell phone next time.
THIRD (How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone? )
To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following Digits on your phone: *#06#. A 15-digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. If your phone is stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.
FOURTH (Free Directory Service for Cells)
Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 to $1.75 or more for 411 information calls when they don't have to. Most of us do not carry a telephone directory in our vehicle, which makes this situation even more of a problem. When you need to use the 411 information option, simply dial:
(800) FREE411 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +18003733411 "> (800) FREE411 end_of_the_skype_highlighting or (800) 373-3411
without incurring any charge at all. Program this into your cell phone now.

This is the kind of information people don't mind receiving, so pass it on to your family and friends.

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 18 Apr 2012, 15:42

Hey, thanks cindigirl!!!!!! Coolio
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Wed 18 Apr 2012, 15:56

I noticed that you girls like to play games, so I thought I would post this for anyone interested in helping feed the hungry while increasing your vocabulary in several different languages or refreshing your memory on other subjects.

They've actually expanded this website now for other interesting subjects as well as preping for the SAT.

It's called Freerice.com..... http://freerice.com/#/english-vocabulary/1388

I'm sure many of you already know about it but may have not been back recently to see the new additions in the humanities, foreign languages, math, chemistry, geography. http://freerice.com/category (category list)

And the best part is that the neediest among us are being fed while we amuse ourselves on this site. It's most definitely a win/win for everyone!

Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 18 Apr 2012, 16:19

Thanks Lighter and you're welcome Lakin.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 18 Apr 2012, 17:48

Lighterside wrote:I noticed that you girls like to play games, so I thought I would post this for anyone interested in helping feed the hungry while increasing your vocabulary in several different languages or refreshing your memory on other subjects.

They've actually expanded this website now for other interesting subjects as well as preping for the SAT.

It's called Freerice.com..... http://freerice.com/#/english-vocabulary/1388

I'm sure many of you already know about it but may have not been back recently to see the new additions in the humanities, foreign languages, math, chemistry, geography. http://freerice.com/category (category list)

And the best part is that the neediest among us are being fed while we amuse ourselves on this site. It's most definitely a win/win for everyone!

Just checked it out, LIghterside....what a cool site! earned 1000 grains in a very short amount of time. Think I'll play to learn a foreign language. Thanks for sharing!
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Wed 18 Apr 2012, 19:45

You're both welcome and I'm glad you like it. Thumbs up!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 18 Apr 2012, 21:16

I just read on AOL news that Dick Clark died this morning of a massive heart attack. Another legend gone.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 18 Apr 2012, 21:51

cindigirl wrote:I just read on AOL news that Dick Clark died this morning of a massive heart attack. Another legend gone.

Wow, I grew up watching American Bandstand. Rest in Peace, Mr. Clark.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Wed 18 Apr 2012, 22:34

I've never met Dick Clark himself, although I did spend an Easter Sunday at his estate in Malibu about 5 years ago. sunny

He will be missed. Rest in peace Mr. Clark.
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 18 Apr 2012, 22:41

sad for that man I don't know
but he was a great host, I see

---

Freerice.com..... http://freerice.com/#/english-vocabulary/1388

amazing site
in every ways! cheers Thumbs up!

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 19 Apr 2012, 01:29

another 1000 grains for ya!!! I didn't know I was so dumb!! But, they're nice about it and let you try again, and again, and again!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 19 Apr 2012, 04:17

RIP Dick Clark......

Thank you guys/gals for all the laughs....

And I have learned my lesson, no more horses for me... I haven't even let any of my little ones have a pony ride yet!!! What a Face

Mygirlkylie - That particular team I was in needed lots of morale boosting so our leader decided that almost every 2 months we would go away for the weekend together and do activities that would hopefully break down barriers and bring us closer - it worked and we had an absolute blast. In this large team there were only 2 females so I complained about some of the macho type of activities we had been doing thus far, so I was allowed to pick the last activity. Weekend at a winery/day spa where we only had to suffer through a half day of conferencing then got pampered for the last 2 days. I think the men in the team enjoyed it even more than we did. Very Happy We were lucky, had a progressive team leader who believed that if we all understood each others strengths/weaknesses and did so with tolerance, we would function better together
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 19 Apr 2012, 14:50

This is creepy!
Think of a letter between
A and W.

Repeat it out loud as
you scroll down.

Keep going . . .Don't stop

Think of an
animal
that begins
with that letter.

Repeat it
out loud
as you
scroll down.

Think of either a man's/woman's
name
that
begins
with the
last letter
in the
animal's name

Almost there.......

Now
count out
the letters
in that name
on the fingers
of the hand
you a re not
using to
scroll down.

Take the hand you
FIRST counted with
and hold it out
in front of you
at face level.

Look at your
palm
very closely
and
notice
the
lines
in
your
hand.

Do the lines
take the
form of the
first letter
in the
person's name?!

Of course they don't, you idiot!

NowTAKE THAT
HAND ANDsmack
the shit out of yourself,

get a life, and quit playing
stupid e-mail games!

Don't tell the secret
to others, just send
them this e-mail!

Smile & have a great day!

OH, Forgot....Gotcha!!!!!!!!!
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 19 Apr 2012, 16:16

Now, this is for my dog friends and my friends who need to smile!

As older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard. I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home and was well taken care of. He calmly came over to me, I gave him a few pats on his head; he then followed me into my house, slowly walked down the hall, curled up in the corner and fell asleep.

As hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out. The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, walked inside and resumed his spot in the hall and again slept for about an hour. This continued on and off for several weeks.

Curious, I pinned a note to his collar: "I would like to find out who the owner of this wonderful sweet dog is and ask if you are aware that almost every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap."

The next day he arrived for his nap, with a different note pinned to his collar. "He lives in a home with 6 children, 2 under the age of 3. He's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?"

Last edited by cindigirl on Thu 19 Apr 2012, 16:19; edited 1 time in total
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 19 Apr 2012, 16:19

LOOOL!!! not new
to me

but still really funny!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 19 Apr 2012, 16:40

I just found out that my daughter-in-law got a great promotion and was named Manager of the Year for the chain she works for!!! Yay her!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 19 Apr 2012, 16:45

melbert wrote:I just found out that my daughter-in-law got a great promotion and was named Manager of the Year for the chain she works for!!! Yay her!!!!!

Yaaaay!!! Congrats to both of you. Bet you're having a proud moment, eh? cheers Thumbs up! Coolio gotpics
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 19 Apr 2012, 16:54

Congratulations to your daughter-in-law. She must really work hard to be named Manager of the Year.

cheers
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 19 Apr 2012, 16:56

She's worked her butt off for quite awhile and they NOW have recognized that! With her go-getter attitude, she'll own the company and I can finally RETIRE and enjoy my grandbabies!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 19 Apr 2012, 16:58

Dream on, Mel, dream on.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 19 Apr 2012, 16:59

It'll probably be the same time I meet George!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Thu 19 Apr 2012, 17:08

LOL @ Mel. Congrats to your DIL!

cheers
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 19 Apr 2012, 18:19

Thanks girls! I'll let her know I spread the word on OH! She'll be so pleased!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 19 Apr 2012, 20:23

Congratulazioni Mel! hope for
you both, kids
and family a great celebration! Yahooooo
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 19 Apr 2012, 20:59

A cute video of Koko the gorilla taking care of two kittens.

cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 19 Apr 2012, 22:01

it's me wrote:Congratulazioni Mel! hope for
you both, kids
and family a great celebration! Yahooooo
Thanks It's Me! Since she'll be making the big bucks now, she should pay for our celebration?!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 19 Apr 2012, 22:42

guess.... so! Very Happy

sweeet vid
thanks!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 19 Apr 2012, 23:29

All you animallovers should read and sign this : LINK
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 19 Apr 2012, 23:34

absurd.... Sad
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 19 Apr 2012, 23:57

Yeah so disgusting I even put this link on Ambassador Susan Rice page : LINK Arrow
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 20 Apr 2012, 06:16

well done! Very Happy Thumbs up!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Fri 20 Apr 2012, 17:23

ok ladies, here's a horse story for ya. Happened last night. Picture it, the hubby and I are walking through the yard. The kiddo is across the field with her cousins and grandfather (my father in law). They are trying to catch their pony. FIL leads the pony out, doesn't close the gate and all 3 of our horses realize its open and take off. They ran down his driveway, across the main road into someone else's field. I saw they were heading toward the road and take off running, grabbed a bucket of feed on the way. I ran across a 5 acre paddock, across the road, down a hill of tall grass in the neighbor's field. Did I mention that I was wearing shorts & flip flops? Rolling Eyes

I shook the bucket of feed, they all come running up to me. Hubby is right behind me, takes off his belt, puts it around our mare's neck, leads her back across the road. She and the other mare follow him back into the paddock. FIL's gelding takes off around the outside of the field, runs through our yard with his tail up, prancing all around our house like he's hot shit. After he chases my dog, he FINALLY realized I had a bucket of feed and follows me back through the gate. My daughter said she and the other kids told FIL to close the gate and he didn't listen and blamed them in the end. (He's an asshole as well as an idiot, btw) He's damn lucky that none of them were hit by a car.
Moral of the story: My FIL is an idiot asshole and I'm more out of shape than I thought after running all that way. Shocked
LOL

MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 20 Apr 2012, 17:33

LOLOLOL Loved it, MYGirlKylie!!!! In my experience, a bucket of feed is the kryptonite of the horse world! Gets 'em eveytime!
That gelding must be young to be so fiesty?
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Fri 20 Apr 2012, 17:37

I have a Pinterest addiction. I have found the funniest shit on there.
lol!

April chit chat - Page 6 95701560801668166_DvgpboI2_c

April chit chat - Page 6 149744756330018163_P7DfLwYb_c
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Fri 20 Apr 2012, 17:38

Lakin460 wrote:LOLOLOL Loved it, MYGirlKylie!!!! In my experience, a bucket of feed is the kryptonite of the horse world! Gets 'em eveytime!
That gelding must be young to be so fiesty?

Hell no, the big dumb ass is 12-13 yrs old. He just got a little taste of freedom and was showing off, I guess.
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 20 Apr 2012, 17:42

Great story MGK ! Can't you find a home for FIL ?

Joking !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Fri 20 Apr 2012, 17:45

I wish! I would settle for his home not being so close to ours. LOL
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down