George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney says ER Made his life 'more complicated' and says Roseanne came on to him EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney says ER Made his life 'more complicated' and says Roseanne came on to him EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney says ER Made his life 'more complicated' and says Roseanne came on to him EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney says ER Made his life 'more complicated' and says Roseanne came on to him EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney says ER Made his life 'more complicated' and says Roseanne came on to him EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney says ER Made his life 'more complicated' and says Roseanne came on to him EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney says ER Made his life 'more complicated' and says Roseanne came on to him EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney says ER Made his life 'more complicated' and says Roseanne came on to him EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney says ER Made his life 'more complicated' and says Roseanne came on to him EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney says ER Made his life 'more complicated' and says Roseanne came on to him

Go down

George Clooney says ER Made his life 'more complicated' and says Roseanne came on to him Empty George Clooney says ER Made his life 'more complicated' and says Roseanne came on to him

Post by Katiedot Sat 10 Sep 2011, 19:43

From The Hollywood Reporter

During a conversation moderated by THR chief film critic Todd McCarthy, the actor-director also revealed that Roseanne Barr once came onto him.

George Clooney has come a long way since he was an actor on TV shows like the The Facts of Life, The Golden Girls and Friends. He's now an Oscar winner (best supporting actor for Syrianna), director (Good Night, and Good Luck, The Ides of March) and through his Smokehouse Pictures shingle, producer of such diverse fare as Memphis Beat, Michael Clayton and The American.

When asked whether he could remember the moment when he turned the corner to fame, Clooney recalled, "I was walking through the streets of New York half way through the first season of ER, and I'd been on a lot of TV shows so people would kind of recognize me, 'It's that guy from that thing,' And I remember walking down the streets in Manhattan and them going, 'Hey George,' and they knew your name as opposed to your character.

"I remember that was a moment where I thought, 'Things have changed.' "

He added that there was no turning back from that point on, "Nobody wants to hear anybody complain, so I don't do it. I don't believe in it. But it did become very different, more complicated."

He said ER's popularity cannot be overestimated, "People talk about numbers when you talk about American Idol or whatever the big one is -- 16, 17 million people. We were averaging 40 million people at 10 o'clock at night with an hour show. That made a huge difference in my career. It really changed things."

Another blast from Clooney's TV past? Having Rosanne Barr come on to him while he was on her sitcom. Clooney said, "The first season of Roseanne was pretty fun. The first time I met her she's like, 'You're really good looking. Why don't you take me behind the stage and make me stink?' "

He added that he enjoyed work schedule on TV comedies, "When you do a sitcom it's the easiet [sic] hours in the world. You work four days a week and you come in at 10 and you're done at five most of the time."
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down