George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Comedy 'The George Clooney Manifesto' inspired by George's love life EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Comedy 'The George Clooney Manifesto' inspired by George's love life EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Comedy 'The George Clooney Manifesto' inspired by George's love life EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Comedy 'The George Clooney Manifesto' inspired by George's love life EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Comedy 'The George Clooney Manifesto' inspired by George's love life EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Comedy 'The George Clooney Manifesto' inspired by George's love life EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Comedy 'The George Clooney Manifesto' inspired by George's love life EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Comedy 'The George Clooney Manifesto' inspired by George's love life EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Comedy 'The George Clooney Manifesto' inspired by George's love life EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Comedy 'The George Clooney Manifesto' inspired by George's love life

+3
watching
silly girl
Katiedot
7 posters

Go down

Comedy 'The George Clooney Manifesto' inspired by George's love life Empty Comedy 'The George Clooney Manifesto' inspired by George's love life

Post by Katiedot Mon 15 Oct 2012, 19:23

Thanks Henway for the find:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fox Buys Mark Waters’ ‘George Clooney Manifesto’,

By NELLIE ANDREEVA

EXCLUSIVE: Fox has put two more comedies in development, The George Clooney Manifesto, executive produced by director-producer Mark Waters (Mean Girls, Freaky Friday) and Manchild, exec produced by Ash Atalla, who was a producer on the British series The Office and The IT Crowd.

Written/co-executive produced by playwright Annie Hendy (The Catholic Girl’s Guide To Losing Your Virginity), The George Clooney Manifesto centers on a single woman who, sick of the “shoulds” and “should nots” of society’s double standards about dating, decides from this point on she is going to act like George Clooney and live life to the fullest.

Waters is set to direct and will executive produce with producing partner Jessica Tuchinsky through their Watermark production company. 20th Century Fox TV is producing. Last season Waters directed the CBS pilot Made In Jersey, which went to series. He is currently directing the Lifetime pilot The Witches Of East End. Waters and Watermark are repped by CAA; Hendy by CAA and Heroes & Villains Entertainment.

Hmm, I wonder whether this show will ever see light of day. It doesn't sound like it's going to do George's rep much good!

Last edited by Katiedot on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 19:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected details: it's a TV comedy, not a fiilm.)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Comedy 'The George Clooney Manifesto' inspired by George's love life Empty Re: Comedy 'The George Clooney Manifesto' inspired by George's love life

Post by silly girl Mon 15 Oct 2012, 19:41

Wouldn't they need his permission to use his name? Oh and I agree about his rep.... Wink

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Comedy 'The George Clooney Manifesto' inspired by George's love life Empty Re: Comedy 'The George Clooney Manifesto' inspired by George's love life

Post by watching Mon 15 Oct 2012, 23:25

Fox bought the show? Shocking. They have such love and respect for George. Bill O'Reilly would be warming up now for a guest spot to poke fun at George. I assume that by the time the show goes to air the title will be changed to "Damn Liberals".
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 16 Oct 2012, 01:16

Yeah, I gotta think his lawyers are on the phone right now.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 16 Oct 2012, 05:17

The weird thing is that they're all repped by CAA so this may have been put together by them. Aren't they his agents too?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 16 Oct 2012, 12:53

Fox Builds 'The George Clooney Manifesto' For Comedy Series & Bets On Contemporary 'Bonnie and Clyde' TV Update

If a personal philosophy leads to a star persona, actor George Clooney remains not the worst choice among many as the main figurehead around which to base a story. Or at least that's the thinking behind Mark Waters' (“Mean Girls,” “Freaky Friday”) newest TV comedy in development, while elsewhere the Bonnie and Clyde legend gets a series update from Fox.
Executive-produced by Waters alongside writer Annie Hendy (“The Catholic Girl's Guide To Losing Your Virginity”), “The George Clooney Manifesto” explores exactly that, as a young woman turns to the actor's being as a means to live life to the fullest, after dating double standards push her to the brink of despair. Last seen in the TV world directing the CBS pilot “Made in Jersey,” Waters will do the same with 'Manifesto' for 20th Century Fox, bringing together an as-yet-unconfirmed cast to bring the show to life.

Speaking of star worship, with both an indie film and four-hour Lifetime/History Channel miniseries being mounted about the pair, Fox have decided to go ahead with a contemporary reboot of Depression-era bank robbers Bonnie and Clyde. Written and exec-produced by Ryan Tavlin (“Without a Trace”), the untitled series will follow the two young lovers from East Texas families who grow to capture the hearts of the nation through their crime-ridden exploits. One-Two Punch Productions, who also have the NBC drama “Vanishing Point” with Angela Bassett brewing, are producing.

While Miley Cyrus tiptoed closer towards the miniseries version before promptly dropping out, it's uncertain if Fox will go for a lesser-known cast with their series, but if it at all continues the trend that Hilary Duff started when rumors flew about her last year, look for another former child star to circle this version before jumping ship [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Tue 16 Oct 2012, 13:29

I am the only one thinking that getting a woman being the lead would make things go more "smoothly"... maybe that's why they could actually sell it. Somehow I don't think they'd take things as far if it's a woman than they would if it was a man (as these things go, main stream media - i think Fox is, no ? - are more still quite stereotyped...)
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 16 Oct 2012, 13:36

Call me cynical but I'm sure that in the end she'll find true love and realise that all she really wants from life is a man to love. This is just chick lit with a better package.

I get the feeling that it's inspired by the film 'friends with benefits'. I know there's already a series out there with that name but I keep on seeing tweets of the two George Clooney quotes from that film coming up on twitter.

We were talking about that HERE. The quotes were something like: "I'm just going to shut myself down emotionally like George Clooney" and "I'm just going to work and fuck, like George Clooney".

I'm sure some tv exec read those and had an a-ha moment: what if we make a comedy where a character adopts those two Clooney mantras for living? Of course it would have to be a woman because if it was a man who'd notice? [sorry, I'm giving way to my inner cynic here]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amuserato Fri 19 Oct 2012, 04:38

Ha ha! Most chick lits benefit from a better package!

Oh. Wait. That's not what you are talking about?

Wink Laughing
amuserato
amuserato
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down