George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George sells his watch to help pay for building veterans homes  EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George sells his watch to help pay for building veterans homes  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George sells his watch to help pay for building veterans homes  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George sells his watch to help pay for building veterans homes  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George sells his watch to help pay for building veterans homes  EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George sells his watch to help pay for building veterans homes  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George sells his watch to help pay for building veterans homes  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George sells his watch to help pay for building veterans homes  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George sells his watch to help pay for building veterans homes  EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George sells his watch to help pay for building veterans homes

3 posters

Go down

George sells his watch to help pay for building veterans homes  Empty George sells his watch to help pay for building veterans homes

Post by party animal - not! Sun 26 Nov 2023, 14:54

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

George sells his watch to help pay for building veterans homes  Empty Re: George sells his watch to help pay for building veterans homes

Post by annemarie Mon 04 Dec 2023, 16:10

[size=32]George Clooney sold his watch to build homes for wounded veterans[/size]

Miguel Ortiz
November 24, 2023·2 min read

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(HFOT)

George Clooney is one of America's most iconic Hollywood stars. The Kentucky native has won two Academy Awards and branched out from acting to also producing. With his fame, Clooney is a spokesperson for brands including Fiat, Nespresso, and Omega. He famously wears an Omega Speedster chronograph which is prominently featured in the 2010 Italian film The American. Clooney also uses his fame to promote charitable causes including the Red Cross and relief for victims of the 2010 Haiti earthquake. Combining the two, Clooney sold the watch off his wrist to raise funds for a veterans charity.

Home For Our Troops builds houses tailored for wounded veterans (HFOT)

Home For Our Troops is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. They build and donate "specially adapted custom homes nationwide for severely injured post-9/11 Veterans, to enable them to rebuild their lives." Started in 2004, nearly 90% of HFOT's spending has gone directly to veterans program services. HFOT has built over 360 specially adapted homes across the nation. They have an "A" rating from Charity Watch and 4 stars from Charity Navigator, their highest possible rating.

Clooney and his watch. (HFOT via eBay)

Earlier this month, HFOT held its 7th Annual Veterans Day Celebrity Auction to raise funds for its mission. Headlining the auction was Clooney's personal Omega Seamaster Professional 300 M Chronometer Watch. Reference number 2254.50.00, the discontinued model features classic sword hands and a wave dial made famous by its blue counterpart worn by Pierce Brosnan during his time as James Bond. While a 2254.50.00 sells for between $2,000-3,000 depending on its condition, Clooney's watch went for $12,200.

Aniston's autograph inside the Fendi bag (HFOT via eBay)

In addition to Clooney's personal watch, over 100 other celebrity items and experiences were up for bid. A Fendi Peekaboo ISeeU leather bag autographed by Jennifer Aniston went for $9,100 as a lunch for two with Paul Rudd and Jake Tapper in Manhattan went for $13,200. All of the proceeds from the charity auction will benefit HFOT.
 View comments (11)

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

George sells his watch to help pay for building veterans homes  Empty Re: George sells his watch to help pay for building veterans homes

Post by Theodor Thu 01 Feb 2024, 14:16

Your 2024 presidential candidacy

Dear Mr. Clooney,

I am turning to you today as a great admirer of your almost unique career and your great commitment to social justice and humanity.

I believe that you are one of the most influential and inspiring people of our time and that you can have a tremendous impact on the world through your presence and leadership skills.

You once said in an interview: “At this point in our lives we have to hope that he (meaning Donald Trump) doesn’t destroy everything.”

Unfortunately, the Democrats have not yet found a convincing answer to this... I would therefore like to ask you to stand as the Democratic Party's presidential candidate in the next election for US President.

The United States urgently needs a charismatic and upstanding leader like you to lead the country out of the current crisis and create a better future for all Americans.

I understand that you have not run for political office before and that some fellow actors have even tried to dissuade you, but I think that your experiences in the film industry as an actor, director and producer and as an activist for social justice and humanity and also Your entrepreneurship makes you an ideal candidate.

You have demonstrated that you are a visionary thinker capable of solving complex problems and creating positive change. I also believe that it is of great importance that we absolutely must prevent Donald Trump's re-election and the current political course in the world (such as Russia's violent bid for power with war in Ukraine, the threatened future conflict with China, the energy crises and environmental damage - linked to the disastrous climate change - all over the world and much more...).

In these difficult times, the country needs an energetic and alert leader who can win the trust of the people and create an inclusive and just and free society.

I also believe that it is time to build a new generation of leaders with upright democratic and civic commitment who can take the future of the country into their hands and usher in a new era of progress, freedom, enlightenment and stability.

Joe Biden is an experienced politician, but he is also very, very old and it is therefore questionable whether he still has the energy and vision that can unite the extremely divided country and that it needs now and for the next few years. Talk to him about it and convince him...
Therefore, I call on you to use your position as one of America's most prominent and enlightened people to run for president and lead the country on a better path forward.

With your wife Amal at your side, you could give America and the world a hope for a better future, as once represented by J. F. Kennedy and his wife Jacqueline, even with a touch of glamor and elegance, which is not insignificant because of that splendor is also reflected in the eyes of the citizens and they would be proud of their presidential couple...

I am convinced that you are the ideal candidate to restore the people's trust in politics and usher in a new and glorious era for America and the world. A small survey in my circle of friends and acquaintances showed the same result: everyone was in favor of welcoming you as the next President of the USA and at the same time viewed with horror the terrible alternatives that would otherwise loom.

Of course you will have to make some “sacrifices” - but isn't it worth it if it prevents worse things from happening and makes the world a better place?

A person with your possibilities and your enormous success in life should also give something back to society...

There is a German saying that says:
THERE IS NOTHING GOOD, UNLESS YOU DO IT!

With this in mind, I hope that you will consider my initiative and suggestions and thank you in advance for your attention.

“I still have a lot of dreams and want to achieve a lot. I want to have an influence on people, on my country, on the world. “I want to make things happen…” you once said.

So start yours

“THE IDES OF MARCH”!

Make these ideas a reality! Even take Ryan Gosling as your campaign manager - and (most) people will cheer and be thrilled! Your election campaign would also be one “MARCH FOR OUR LIVES”! Please, do the only right thing - do it soon!

I wish you much success with this.

Berlin, February 1st 2024

Best regards
Theodor

PS:

“This is the greatest political danger for the West at the moment: The folks at the *Heritage Foundation* are calling it "Project 2025":
a 920-page paper that details what a Republican presidency should look like starting in 2025. Around 400 conservative intellectuals took part. The idea is to recruit thousands of "vetted, trained and prepared" employees who can be deployed to key federal agencies after a Republican election victory. This “army,” the paper says, should “dismantle” the administrative state. The employees should reverse what “the left” has done in the USA. From the perspective of the heritage thinkers, only a tightly organized state that is permeated with conservatives in every branch will help..."

Theodor
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down