George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George sponsoring a scheme for local children of Brignoles EmptyToday at 15:34 by party animal - not!

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George sponsoring a scheme for local children of Brignoles EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George sponsoring a scheme for local children of Brignoles EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George sponsoring a scheme for local children of Brignoles EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George sponsoring a scheme for local children of Brignoles EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George sponsoring a scheme for local children of Brignoles EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George sponsoring a scheme for local children of Brignoles EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George sponsoring a scheme for local children of Brignoles EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George sponsoring a scheme for local children of Brignoles EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George sponsoring a scheme for local children of Brignoles

2 posters

Go down

George sponsoring a scheme for local children of Brignoles Empty George sponsoring a scheme for local children of Brignoles

Post by party animal - not! Sun 20 Aug 2023, 14:08

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GEY6ZJN2KVCJPOICYUAFBP5RAA.php

George is sponsoring a scheme for the children of Brignoles and surrounding area

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

George sponsoring a scheme for local children of Brignoles Empty Re: George sponsoring a scheme for local children of Brignoles

Post by annemarie Wed 23 Aug 2023, 11:23

[size=39]George Clooney Donated $21,000 to Provide Shelter for Flooded French Villagers
George Clooney reportedly donated money to the people of Le Val, in Provence, southeastern France, after their homes were severely damaged by heavy flooding in October 2021
By 
Phil Boucher

Published on January 17, 2023 07:57AM EST

[/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
George Clooney. PHOTO: MIKE MARSLAND/MIKE MARSLAND/GETTY
George Clooney reportedly donated $21,000 to a French village late last year after it was ravaged by floods.

Jérémy Giuliano — the mayor of Le Val, in Provence, southeastern France — thanked the Ticket to Paradise star over the weekend for helping provide shelter for local residents after their homes were severely damaged by heavy flooding in October 2021.

"The day after the floods, we received a message that George Clooney wanted to contact us. Which resulted in a donation of 20,000 euros," Giuliano said Saturday reported Var Matin.

"It was spontaneous and I want to say thank you," continued Giuliano, reported The Times.

Giuliano added that he initially decided to keep news of the "enormous" donation private because it "would not have been appropriate to over-publicize it and to put it in the media," per The Times.

That has now changed, he said, because the repairs on the village's homes are almost complete.

"Now we are in the phase of reconstruction [of the town], so I pushed for us to say it because it's important for the victims to say who made this donation," added Giuliano, according to The Times.

Brignoles. ESCOFFIER FLORIAN/ABACA/SHUTTERSTOCK
 Don Cheadle Recalls How George Clooney Once Dared Him to Visit a 'Spooky' House in Italy

Flash floods hit the beautiful region of Provence on Oct. 4, 2021, with Meteo-France recording just under 7 inches of rainfall in Marseille.

France 3 reported at the time that "three housing estates [had] been flooded" in Le Val, with the water reaching as high as 5.5 feet in some homes. Mud had also "damaged everything," affecting the lives of "eighty victims."

"The 80 victims of this village were able to count on the help of the firefighters to evacuate the material damaged by the mud and to clean the houses using lances," added France 3.

George and Amal Clooney 'Thrilled to Be Back' on Lake Como with Twins Ella and Alexander, 4: Source

Amal and George Clooney. LISA O'CONNOR/AFP VIA GETTY
Clooney and his wife, human rights attorney Amal Clooney, 44, are well known for their philanthropic work.

In September, the couple celebrated the achievements of their Clooney Foundation for Justice at its inaugural Albie Awards, which was attended by celebrity guests including Meryl Streep, Dua Lipa, John Oliver, Julia Roberts, and Bruce Springsteen and Patti Scialfa, among others.

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletterto stay up to date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

"We collaborate on everything. We collaborated on twins!" Clooney told PEOPLE outside the New York Public Library event, which is named after Justice Albie Sachs to shine a spotlight on defenders of justice who are at risk for what they do. "This is an exciting one because Amal's gotten journalists out of Egypt, out of Azerbaijan, prisons, out of — all over the world, Myanmar."

He added, "My father's a journalist. I have a great affinity for them — her mother's a journalist. So it's really exciting for me when she's able to get people who are wrongly accused for doing their job out [of prison]. So, for me, it's just — I couldn't be more proud of my wife."

As for what George hopes the pair will teach their 5-year-old twins Alexander and Ella, he said, "There's tons of stuff. But the number one thing is: challenge people with power and defend people without power."

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down