George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
November 2021 chit chat EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
November 2021 chit chat EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
November 2021 chit chat EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
November 2021 chit chat EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
November 2021 chit chat EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
November 2021 chit chat EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
November 2021 chit chat EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
November 2021 chit chat EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
November 2021 chit chat EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

November 2021 chit chat

+4
party animal - not!
LizzyNY
PigPen
Admin
8 posters

Go down

November 2021 chit chat Empty November 2021 chit chat

Post by Admin Tue 16 Nov 2021, 16:11

Erm. we're still in November, right?  How's everyone?  Alive and well, I hope?

US friends: ready for the annual turkey festival?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

November 2021 chit chat Empty Re: November 2021 chit chat

Post by PigPen Tue 16 Nov 2021, 16:19

Not for what the price of turkey has risen to !!!!  Besides, the way the virus is jumping the vaccine, I'm staying home curled up on the sofa ( with a bunch of GTC dvds Smile )

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 16 Nov 2021, 17:46

Sounds like a good plan, there!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 16 Nov 2021, 17:48

I've just made the Christmas cake.  I'm 'working from home' because I got pinged by test and trace for having been in contact with someone who's since tested positive for Covid, so I had a bit of spare time in the last 30 minutes of the working day.  That's one thing I won't have to do at the weekend now!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 16 Nov 2021, 18:17

Admin wrote:I've just made the Christmas cake.  I'm 'working from home' because I got pinged by test and trace for having been in contact with someone who's since tested positive for Covid, so I had a bit of spare time in the last 30 minutes of the working day.  That's one thing I won't have to do at the weekend now!
Is that like our fruit cake,,, douse it with alcohol every day til Dec 24th????

I mean the cake, not the baker

November 2021 chit chat Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4jgKAUseggfodz2duLbZmK_Es0TanYUaLWg&usqp=CAU

PigPen

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 16 Nov 2021, 23:24

Very Happy Very Happy  Why not both? It would make this weird holiday season more tolerable.

Katie - I hope your exposure doesn't lead to anything. Take good care. Wouldn't want you to get sick.

(Just watched "Suburbicon" again. This time I found the egregious amount of bloodshed surprisingly satisfying. Reminded me a lot of FDTD. Guess I was just in the right mood for it. Still don't love the ending and even more think that they tried to cram two movies into one.)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 21 Nov 2021, 18:26

I'm with you, Lizzie.  Dowsing myself and the cake in booze regularly.

All good on the covid front here.  Finally got my negative test result and got back into the office on Thursday.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 22 Nov 2021, 12:54

Katie - Very Happy Glad to hear you're ok. IMO, being sick at this time of year is the worst. Even if you're up and around it's hard to enjoy things if your body is telling you to get back in bed.

Wondering if anyone else saw "Tick. Tick - BOOM!" on Netflix? It's the story of how Jonathan Larson (the guy who wrote "Rent") started out. It's directed by Lin Manuel Miranda and stars Andrew Garfield. George's pal Richard Kind is in it, too. I'd be interested to hear what anyone else thinks.

November 2021 chit chat 1f357  November 2021 chit chat 2615  November 2021 chit chat 1f33d  November 2021 chit chat 1f35e  November 2021 chit chat 1f34e  November 2021 chit chat 1f347  November 2021 chit chat 1f35c  November 2021 chit chat 1f346  November 2021 chit chat 1f360 To everyone getting ready for Turkey Day on Thursday, don't forget to breathe!  Very Happy Very Happy One way or another it will all get done, so relax. The important thing is to enjoy the day and appreciate the good things in our lives.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 22 Nov 2021, 15:31

Love it, Lizzy - Turkey Day!   (poor thing...)

Don't know how long you were grounded for, Katie. My daughters have both been pinged - but for different times! And I'm guessing someone has worked out that that time depends on cases in your area etc etc.

And we all know that it was some genius woman who worked it all out in the UK - and then of course went back to her proper job!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 22 Nov 2021, 20:26

PAN - Don't feel sorry for those dumb birds (and they are dumb!). Feel sorry for all us poor folk who have to spend days shopping and prepping and cooking and cleaning - all for ONE MEAL! It's exhausting! And you just know someone will think the meat's overdone or underdone, too salty, too bland....and that's just the turkey! Forget about the side dishes..."This was better last year. Why didn't you make that?" "Why did you/didn't you invite.....?"

It's my favorite holiday (can't you tell?) but I'm glad it only comes once a year. Very Happy Aren't you glad you don't have to go through this annual ordeal? Or do you have something else that is the equivalent stress-inducer?

Re: covid. If you're exposed how long do you have to quarantine? Does it vary from place to place? Why? That doesn't seem logical to me.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 22 Nov 2021, 23:39

Oh dear Lizzy - not much of a rest for you! 

I'm now at a point where the family have discovered that I'm not too good at this stuff and   I've proved it, so it tends to be what some might call a joint venture - but  they have mostly   taken over the menu - and of course they do a
 much better job and have their own ideas

I've also managed recently to stop doing the several course type dinners - and doing help your
  yourself buffets and sit where you like. So a barbecue without a barbecue sort of. Also noticed
  that fewer people are eating meat and so always other options

Covid. Haven't been pinged so far, Lizzie - but know plenty who have and everyone who goes into work has to do lateral flow tests everyday. Of course
 most people don't have to go into an office everyday any more but most people have the NHS app which alerts them when they come into contact with
 anyone who's got Covid and tells them to isolate for however many days is necessary...

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 23 Nov 2021, 14:53

PAN - As far as covid goes, it seems you're much more organized than we are. I guess it's partly because we're more like 50 countries than one, but it's also because we have more than our share of idiots. People are constantly being sent home from work or school because they've been exposed. It seems like this will never end. Sad

As far as Thanksgiving goes, even if it's a buffet  - or a picnic in the park - you still have to have the turkey and all the trimmings. Usually it's a collaboration and some of the guests will bring something they've made. Others will bring wine or desserts. One of my friends is always asked to bring her "wonderful brownies" - which only she and I know are made from a mix, right out of the box. Very Happy

You have the right idea. If you mess something up badly enough people will stop asking you to do it! Wish I'd thought of that a long time ago, Too late now! Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 25 Nov 2021, 04:18

I hope all our American friends will have a very Happy Thanksgiving.  Whatever you do and wherever you are. I’ll be helming the kitchen Thanksgiving for our mini feast.  Just the fully vaccinated family - some triple jabbed already.  I love Thanksgiving.  But it is a lot of work and planning.  
So love the holiday but always relieved when it’s over!
Enjoy!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 25 Nov 2021, 11:49

No Turkey for me no one likes it but me so it's chicken and ham. 

I wish all those who celebrate Happy Thanksgiving.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 25 Nov 2021, 13:22

Eeek!  It's already started!Taking a break from prepping to check my mail and read a little of the papers. It's going to be a loooong day.  Surrender Laughing

I know Canada celebrates Thanksgiving, but does the UK have anything similar? (Not so much the reason for the day, but an all-out major celebration.)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 25 Nov 2021, 20:31

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody who's celebrating!
Lots of turkey and other food and meeting up with beloved ones Love2
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 25 Nov 2021, 23:56

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate the day and the sentiment.

How is everyone?

We did salmon and chicken (in the Ninja Foodie, and I don't care what anybody says) :-) but otherwise traditional dishes cooked the old-fashioned way.

Food is put away, dishes and kitchen are clean. I am done. Wiped out. Already stretched in bed, and just turned on the heated blanket. I will cruise the site until it's time to call my mom, but other than that, minimal muscle movement for the rest of the night.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 26 Nov 2021, 01:06

Happy Turkey Day, Way! Taking a break before putting away the last of the dishes and then I think I'll follow your example and crash. What a day!

Glad you're back. It seems like a long time since you posted. How do you feel about the schools George is getting involved with? Do you think it will help change things? I wonder if they'll affiliate with the studios - maybe an apprenticeship program? What do you think?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 26 Nov 2021, 14:59

Hope you all had a brilliant time - and continue to have one through the weekend.

Lizzy - We have as you know, something called the NHS, and most of the world has similar so the bottom line is that county politics are not influencing decisions depending on politics - so the government, whoever they may be, take the advice of the scientists and doctors who know best. Really unfortunate too that you may have lost time because of someone called Trump..
Don't know how you're all doing on jabs. Here anyone who's currently 25 or over can get the third booster..........

And another strain now threatens.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 26 Nov 2021, 15:47

PAN - We're still into getting people to take the first booster and giving children their first shots. And, sadly, there are still plenty of people who refuse to get vaccinated at all. Are there many people like that in the UK? I'm not sure we'll ever get rid of this virus. As i said before, you're doing a better job of handling this than we are.

Re: Thanksgiving - Do you have a similar holiday that involves days of planning and hours of prepping with all sorts of expectations attached? Would Christmas dinner be a close equivalent?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 28 Nov 2021, 21:09

Just saw a report about the storm that hit the UK this weekend. Hope all are well, safe and warm. I thought your weather was supposed to be milder than ours!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 01 Dec 2021, 01:40

Any idea why the NY Post would recycle the story about George's motorcycle accident this weekend? They also mentioned the Tender Bar, but really only in passing. Just thought it strange to bring up the accident again.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 01 Dec 2021, 17:29

Mm, lots of repeat stories around from The Tender Bar premiere in London and all the column inches that went with that - reckon it's Stan at work ahead of The Tender Bar release in NYC
on December 18th (?) maybe.......and awards season.......

The storms in the UK hit the north east of England the most and several thousand power lines are still down mostly because trees fell in the incredible winds and knocked out the electricity
cables like never before. Global warning is giving us some idea of what is to come.......

Christmas - ah, yes it's big. But I am very lucky because everybody from this house is so much better at the cooking and prep bit, and we've also got rid of the traditional turkey meal which they all find really boring now,  so much more tasty things with garlic and herbs etc

Oh, and Christmas morning usually consists of fizz..........

Often some of us who are awake might go to a Midnight Mass to sing the odd carol on Christmas Eve. And everything stops for the Queen's Christmas Day Message at three o'clock in the afternoon..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 02 Dec 2021, 03:52

PAN - "Fizz...."? Your Christmas dinner sounds like fun. I don't think we could get away with a Thanksgiving without a turkey. We can add other things - roasts, a ham, other things - but there has to be a turkey. It's  just expected.

Were you affected at all by the storm? I hope not. We're going through a stretch of dry weather, a little colder than normal but not bad. So far no snow. Fingers crossed.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down