George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney says Amal beat him and President Obama in a free throw contest EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney says Amal beat him and President Obama in a free throw contest EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney says Amal beat him and President Obama in a free throw contest EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney says Amal beat him and President Obama in a free throw contest EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney says Amal beat him and President Obama in a free throw contest EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney says Amal beat him and President Obama in a free throw contest EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney says Amal beat him and President Obama in a free throw contest EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney says Amal beat him and President Obama in a free throw contest EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney says Amal beat him and President Obama in a free throw contest EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney says Amal beat him and President Obama in a free throw contest

2 posters

Go down

George Clooney says Amal beat him and President Obama in a free throw contest Empty George Clooney says Amal beat him and President Obama in a free throw contest

Post by Admin Thu 03 Dec 2020, 15:47

I don't remember reading this bit? Could someone in the US find us a copy of People Mag as it seems to have more content than we've seen online so far?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney says Amal beat him and Obama in a free throw contest

BY JUDY KURTZ - 12/03/20 10:25 AM EST

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[size=11]© Getty Images

Former President Obama is one of basketball's most famous fans, but George Clooney says that from the line, the ex-commander in chief is no match for his wife, international human rights lawyer Amal Clooney.

“I’ll tell you this — we had a free throw-shooting contest at our house in England with the former president of the United States, Barack Obama, and she beat us all,” Clooney told People magazine in a story published Thursday for its People of the Year issue. The 59-year-old "Midnight Sky" actor and director was among those named in the special issue, along with National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci, and actresses Regina King and Selena Gomez.

While Clooney didn't divulge how many hoops the 44th president made, he said: “Amal made 17 free throws straight — and 18 out of 20.” The Oscar-winning performer, by comparison, scored only 12 out of 20 shots, he said.

“I was shooting like Shaq free throws — no offense to Shaq,” Clooney quipped. “Amal is a really good athlete.”

Obama, 59, is a noted basketball devotee, and attended Game 1 of the NBA Finals as a virtual fan in October. 

The then-president, known to play pickup games with a slew of big-name athletes, lamented in 2015 that he used to play basketball more, "but there are days I've gotten to the point where it's not as much fun because I'm not as good as I used to be and I got frustrated."

“They tolerate me," Obama said of his basketball opponents, "but we all know I’m the weak link on the court — and I don’t like being the weak link.”

[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney says Amal beat him and President Obama in a free throw contest Empty Re: George Clooney says Amal beat him and President Obama in a free throw contest

Post by party animal - not! Thu 03 Dec 2020, 15:58

Yep. She used to belong to a Womens Netball team which was part of a London league I think,

and she disappeared for a while

and when the press were looking around for her contacts when she and George were first dating

in London, they

found one or two of the team, who said they hadn't seen her lately......and then realised why...

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney says Amal beat him and President Obama in a free throw contest Empty Re: George Clooney says Amal beat him and President Obama in a free throw contest

Post by Admin Thu 03 Dec 2020, 15:59

Cool!  Thanks, PAN
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down