George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney 'in conversation' at New Orleans Film Fest Nov 2020 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney 'in conversation' at New Orleans Film Fest Nov 2020 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney 'in conversation' at New Orleans Film Fest Nov 2020 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney 'in conversation' at New Orleans Film Fest Nov 2020 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney 'in conversation' at New Orleans Film Fest Nov 2020 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney 'in conversation' at New Orleans Film Fest Nov 2020 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney 'in conversation' at New Orleans Film Fest Nov 2020 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney 'in conversation' at New Orleans Film Fest Nov 2020 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George Clooney 'in conversation' at New Orleans Film Fest Nov 2020 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney 'in conversation' at New Orleans Film Fest Nov 2020

+2
party animal - not!
Admin
6 posters

Go down

George Clooney 'in conversation' at New Orleans Film Fest Nov 2020 Empty George Clooney 'in conversation' at New Orleans Film Fest Nov 2020

Post by Admin Sat 07 Nov 2020, 09:40

I'm sure I've posted this before, but can't find it:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney In Conversation + Garrett Bradley Keynote at NOFF2020
11/06/2020 
 Site Staff

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

NEW ORLEANS (press release) – At the 31st New Orleans Film Festival, George Clooney joins Elisabeth Sereda in a live-streamed conversation about his illustrious career and his new film The Midnight Sky, that he directed, produced, and starred in, coming to Netflix in December 2020. This post-apocalyptic tale follows Augustine (George Clooney), a lonely scientist in the Arctic, as he races to stop Sully (Felicity Jones) and her fellow astronauts from returning home to a mysterious global catastrophe. Clooney directs the adaptation of Lily Brooks-Dalton’s acclaimed novel “Good Morning, Midnight,” co-starring David Oyelowo, Kyle Chandler, Demián Bichir, and Tiffany Boone.

IN CONVERSATION: GEORGE CLOONEY
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2020  @ 11 A.M. PT/ 1 P.M. CT / 2 P.M. ET
Register for free at bit.ly/clooney_noff2020 (Instagram-sized flyer attached)

The New Orleans Film Festival officially launches its 31st annual edition with a keynote address from New Orleans-based filmmaker Garrett Bradley, whose much-lauded new feature documentary TIME is now streaming on Amazon. Garrett’s keynote address is designed to set the tone for this year’s festival: provide a context for experiencing this year’s lineup and inspire audiences and filmmakers to embrace cinema as an art form that challenges, enriches, and affirms. The keynote is co-presented by Sundance Institute and New Orleans Film Society with introductions from Tabitha Jackson, Director of the Sundance Film Festival, and Clint Bowie, Artistic Director of New Orleans Film Society.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney 'in conversation' at New Orleans Film Fest Nov 2020 Empty Re: George Clooney 'in conversation' at New Orleans Film Fest Nov 2020

Post by Admin Thu 19 Nov 2020, 14:20

This was yesterday. Did anyone catch it?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney 'in conversation' at New Orleans Film Fest Nov 2020 Empty Re: George Clooney 'in conversation' at New Orleans Film Fest Nov 2020

Post by party animal - not! Thu 19 Nov 2020, 15:23

Hope this still works............

I saw this too late last night...............

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 19 Nov 2020, 15:45

Yes, I went to that link today, which claims to still be live, and all there was was a woman sitting in an office. Not sure if she realised she was still live streaming? I couldn't get any sound.

I'm looking for the recording they said they'd made of the talk.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 19 Nov 2020, 15:48

Ah, click on the 'live' link and scroll forward to about the 5'30" mark for the interview.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 19 Nov 2020, 16:07

Wow, this is amazingly unprofessional!  A few points I got:

George barely looks into the camera when talking.

He's changed the ending of the film, Good Morning Midnight from the book.

With regards to space travel, he based the concepts on what NASA is researching now, to consider for use in about 25 years' time.

The interviewer, Elisabeth Sereda, knows George well enough that she was texting him while he was filming in Iceland last year.  

While filming in Iceland, it was so cold outside that they couldn't stay out for more than two minutes.  He said that his eyelids would freeze shut by the end of each take and he'd have to thaw them out.

One of them didn't have the sense to put their devices on 'mute', so the interview is constantly interrupted by the pinging of something.

The girl he acted with was 'amazing' and he rarely had to do more than one take with her.  

He loves working with Kyle and has worked with him regularly.  

She asked if there was anything from the South that's stuck with him.  He says drinking!  He still has a house in Kentucky.  He has a great affinity and love for the openess, kindness and generosity of spirit of the area.  He points out that Kentucky isn't really the south and were neutral, although they certainly sound like they're southern.

Before Covid struck, he had been planning to shoot a film in New Orleans.  Now he's got plans to shoot a very small film with a very small cast in Boston. Even this small film has very high insurance because of Covid, making filming a large film prohibitive at the moment.

He and Grant just saw the film on the big screen in Westwood recently.  He remarks how weird it was going into the cinema and seeing all the promo posters for films from half a year ago in the lobby.

He still raises several million dollars a year towards South Sudan.  Part of what he's doing is hiring forensic accountants (ex FBI) to prove that these people are profiteering and making them accountable.

She asked why he had a Batman poster in his office when he hated the film. He quips it's because he looked great in nipples!  Then said it was a precautionary poster for him.  It was actually a three-picture deal, which fell through as they didn't make any more Batman films, so Three Kings and Syriana became the other two films instead.  

George says Schwarzenegger is a friend of his and they get on well.  [George does a great Arnie impression]

Dawn-Lyen Gardener is brought into the conversation.  Her very first acting job at the age of 12 was with George (in ER).  She's amazed that George even remembers her.

While filming during Covid, he likens the crew to Kenny from South Park as they're wrapped up in so much protective equipment.

Then it's a chance for people watching to ask questions: the first asks how he and the moderator met.  He says it was when he was doing ER and she was with the Hollywood Foreign Press.  Warner Brothers were boycotting them and he met her anyway and they brokered a 'peace agreement' between WB and HFPA.  Elisabeth is the journalist on the set of Nespresso ads so they've worked together for about 27 years.

George played a prank on Brad Pitt by making up stationery that seemed to be from Brad Pitt and sending out fake letters to various stars.  To Meryl Streep, he faked a show reel about foreign accents and the covering letter from Brad said that perhaps she'd find the show reel helpful with her British accent for The Iron Lady because Brad had found it useful for his accent in Troy.  George said that Brad deserved every prank.

He talks about Richard Kind and how much he loves acting and isn't at all interested in producing or directing.  

The 'big secret' about being in the film business is that everyone would do it for free because "we get to not grow up, we get to stay kids".

He's currently reading 'Dragons Love Tacos' to his children.  [he waves the book at the camera]

He says, we're living in a world where it's just as fun to be mean as it is to be nice, especially on the internet.

He's been to Tahiti.

George makes a point I don't quite understand. He mentions how after the second world war, 'everyone' in the US had passports and travelled and were open to the world because they'd been there and seen it. Then two generations later, suddenly not many people had passports and had become 'scared' of the rest of the world, which he believes is because of the lack of international travel. He says exposure to foreign culture changes people and makes them open to what's foreign. I understand that point, but I don't think he's right about so many Americans travelling in the 50s. I think it was always prohibitively expensive to travel to Europe.

He's asked that since he's a film producer and director, whether he's able to read a book and NOT see it in the context of turning it into a film - with the exception of Dragons Love Tacos, of course. He quips that Dragons Love Tacos would make a hell of a movie! He talks about being hired to adapt a John Grisham book for Bob Dylan (he's visibly excited about this). He says he likes to read stuff just to read it as it's hard to read it in the context of making a film. He tends to read more non-fiction and he mostly enjoys reading just for the pleasure of it.

George has no idea what else is going on as part of the New Orleans film festival Smile

Last edited by Admin on Thu 19 Nov 2020, 16:50; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 19 Nov 2020, 16:48

I would love to hear George read the kids a story .

Thank you Katie.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 19 Nov 2020, 16:56

In case anyone else's interest has been piqued by Dragons Love Taccos, whether as a potential film or otherwise. you can see 10 of its 40 pages here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 19 Nov 2020, 17:09

Thank you, Katie.

Thought you might like this:

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 19 Nov 2020, 17:14

I think we should get up a petition for George to record this!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 19 Nov 2020, 19:41

I'd sign that petition for sure.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 20 Nov 2020, 22:00

So sorry, not a fan. There must be a million better children's books than this. Is there even a point to the story or did I miss something? scratch
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 20 Nov 2020, 22:17

It is different, but I guess it has to do with dragons kids  like them.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 20 Nov 2020, 22:46

I guess it's just the teacher in me but I prefer something with a bit more substance. We really need to stop underestimating our kids. They understand a lot more than we give them credit for.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 22 Nov 2020, 05:17

Katie, great synopsis of the interview.  Thanks for taking the time to cover it.  There probably were 10 other things you could have been doing  ... I’m thinking of all the projects planned for your new house.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 15 Apr 2021, 18:58

They've released the video!!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 15 Apr 2021, 18:59

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilia Thu 15 Apr 2021, 19:08

Thank you for the video.
At min 57 he shows his phone and you can see that he has for the background a pic of amal & one of the twins (guess it’s Ella) & it’s so cute 🙈

Lilia
Getting serious about George

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 17 Apr 2021, 00:36

The passport thing George mentions is interesting - even now the number of US

residents with a passport is about 40% and here in the UK it's 76% plus - and

he has a point. A few years ago the number of US politicians who held a passport

was below the American public's, so looking outward was not necessarily

thought to be a good thing particularly at the time of the Vietnam war and the

Gulf War and maybe  the likes of Dick Cheney fostered those beliefs.

Last edited by party animal - not! on Sat 17 Apr 2021, 00:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed word)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 17 Apr 2021, 20:27

PAN -i can't comment on the rate of passport ownership, especially among our politicians, but I don't think it has much to do with the wars we've been involved in. I know lots of people who were bouncing around the UK and Europe in the '60s and '70s. More likely it's been related to finances. If you can't afford to travel what's the point of a passport (which, by the way, are becoming pricey)? And remember, a trip to Europe is a much bigger deal for someone here than it would be for someone from the UK. Also, anyone here who has kids has to go to Disney World before anywhere else or their life won't be worth living.

Most of the people I know have passports and have had them for years. Mine expired and thanks to covid it will be a while before I can renew it because only a few places are issuing them now, and it seems that most of them are closed. Guess I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. Crying or Very sad
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 17 Apr 2021, 22:06

You reminded me to look at mine, Lizzy!

I was trying to interpret what George was saying, because I do remember

having to do some research a few years ago on this and that particular fact

about the politicians surprised me. But then of course they've got many miles

to travel in their own country tho I think some thought that that may not

help their understanding of international affairs or be outward looking....Cheney

and his own oilfields in Iraq one of many exceptions of course

Not going anywhere either, Lizzy - and I've been jabbed!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 18 Apr 2021, 05:02

Congrats on the jab! I'm still waiting for an appointment. Hopefully soon.

As far as our politicians not having passports, I'm a bit surprised. It seems like a lot of them are often traveling on "fact-finding" junkets and to diplomatic/trade conferences. I guess they could be issued passports as needed instead of applying for them like the rest of us peasants.

I would have been more surprised years ago because  it seems we were much more aware of the rest of the world before the internet  supposedly brought us together and before the Republican party brought us politicians from the bottom of the barrel who couldn't find America on a map, let alone know anything about anywhere else.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down