George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle holidayed at George Clooney's Italian home EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle holidayed at George Clooney's Italian home EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle holidayed at George Clooney's Italian home EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle holidayed at George Clooney's Italian home EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle holidayed at George Clooney's Italian home EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle holidayed at George Clooney's Italian home EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle holidayed at George Clooney's Italian home EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle holidayed at George Clooney's Italian home EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle holidayed at George Clooney's Italian home EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle holidayed at George Clooney's Italian home

5 posters

Go down

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle holidayed at George Clooney's Italian home Empty Prince Harry and Meghan Markle holidayed at George Clooney's Italian home

Post by Admin Tue 11 Aug 2020, 20:00

We knew this already, right?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lake Como with the Clooneys! The Sussexes jetted out to join Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank at George and Amal's luxury Italian villa where they lounged by the pool and Prince Harry explored on motorbike, biography claims

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle joined George and Amal Clooney at their Italian villa in Lake Como on August 16, according to new biography Finding Freedom
Authors claim Meghan and Amal relaxed by the pool while Harry checked out George's motorbike collection
Added Duke and Duchess of Sussex were also joined by Princess Eugenie and  now-husband Jack Brooksbank
By CHLOE MORGAN FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 14:48, 11 August 2020

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle joined George and Amal Clooney at their Italian villa in Lake Como to relax by the pool and explore on motorbikes shortly after their wedding, according to the authors of new biography Finding Freedom.
Authors Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand claim the couple weren't the only royal guests invited to stay at the A-list couple's luxurious home - estimated to be worth £100million - because their visit overlapped with Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank's stay, too. 

The bombshell book, which is out today, tells how that George Clooney, 59, arranged for Harry, 35, and Meghan, 39, who tied the knot at St George's Chapel in Windsor on May 19, 2018, to fly from London to Lake Como on his own private jet in the early evening of August 16.

The newlyweds then arrived into Milan's airport, and from there were driven in an unmarked car to George and his human rights barrister wife's Villa Oleandra.
During the three-day visit, a source said, 'Meghan and Amal spent a lot of time relaxing by the pool and playing with the twins while George and Harry checked out George's motorbike collection. Harry took one of them out with one of his protection officers. George recently had an accident, so he wasn't back on his bike yet.''
'The duke and duchess weren't the only guests that weekend. Eugenie and her fiance, Jack Brooksbank, were already at the villa when Harry and Meghan arrived, their visits overlapping briefly.'

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex claim they were not interviewed for the book and did not contribute to the tale by authors Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand, which provides a high level of personal detail and a dramatic account of the events leading up to the Sussexes' departure from royal life.
But Scobie said today that while they did not interview the couple, 'many' friends gave them insights - providing 'a lens to the couple through their friends and their circle of aides'.

Palace insiders have described the book as 'score settling' after Harry and Meghan left the Royal Family for a life in Los Angeles - after suddenly announcing their intentions in January in a move that left The Queen 'hurt'.

It is one of a number of revelations made in the book.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[/h2]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=40]ITALIAN ESCAPE 
[size=40]Meghan Markle hung out with Amal Clooney while George and Prince Harry raced motorbikes in Lake Como[/size]

[/size]

• Claudia Aoraha

• 11 Aug 2020, 16:08
  • Updated: 11 Aug 2020, 17:30

MEGHAN Markle hung out with Amal Clooney while George and Prince Harry raced motorbikes in Lake Como, a new bombshell book claims.
The Sussexes jetted out and joined the A-list celebs in their Italian villa, where they also ran into Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank.

Meghan hung out with Amal Clooney while Harry rode George's motorbikes in Lake Como, it's claimedCredit: Getty Images
Finding Freedom, which is out today, claims George Clooney, 59, arranged for Harry and Meghan, who tied the knot at St George's Chapel in Windsor in 2018, to fly to Lake Como on his private jet on August 16.

Authors Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand say the couple weren't the only royal guests invited to stay at the luxurious home - because their visit overlapped with Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank's stay too.

The newlyweds arrived into Milan's airport before being driven in an unmarked car to the Clooney's Villa Oleandra, it has been claimed.

During the three-day visit, a source said: "Meghan and Amal spent a lot of time relaxing by the pool and playing with the twins while George and Harry checked out George's motorbike collection.

"Harry took one of them out with one of his protection officers.

Amal and George Clooney pictured at the Royal Wedding in May 2018Credit: Getty Images
The royal couple jetted to the Clooney's Villa in Lake Como, Italy, after their weddingCredit: Alamy

[size=31]A-LIST GUESTS[/size]

"George recently had an accident, so he wasn't back on his bike yet.

"The Duke and Duchess weren't the only guests that weekend.

"Eugenie and her fiance, Jack Brooksbank, were already at the villa when Harry and Meghan arrived, their visits overlapping briefly."

George and Amal Clooney, along with their two twins Alexander and Ella, were staying in their twenty-five-room mansion a month before Meghan and Harry joined them.
Cindy Crawford, Rande Gerbe, Stella McCartney and David and Victoria Beckham are among the other celebs who have previously stayed at the mansion.
According to the authors, the villa, which is located in the village of Laglio, boasts an outdoor theatre, a swimming pool, and a garage to house the movie star's five vintage motorbikes.

They continued: "It also included a tennis court, a full gym, huge bathrooms, and a 'pizza parlour' complete with pizza oven.

[size=31]ITALIAN HOLIDAY [/size]

"The ornately carved ceilings in each room were a talking point alone.

"To maximise security, the group stayed in every night, well-fed by rotating chefs.

"On the final night of Harry and Meghan's stay, George hired the chef from Il Gatto Nero, one of his favourite local restaurants, to prepare an Italian feast for fifteen. 
"The party, including neighbours and their house guests, dined at long trestle tables in the landscaped gardens. 

"As live music echoed over the estate, guests enjoyed the gathering until the early hours."

The Duke and Duchess and the Clooneys are understood to be close friends - and Meghan and Amal are both said to use celebrity stylist Miguel Perez.

Last edited by Admin on Thu 13 Aug 2020, 13:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited thread title)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle holidayed at George Clooney's Italian home Empty Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle holidayed at George Clooney's Italian home

Post by LizzyNY Tue 11 Aug 2020, 20:23

Sounds like a nice weekend visit. Unless there's something more scandalous in the book I don't see how it's "score settling".
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle holidayed at George Clooney's Italian home Empty Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle holidayed at George Clooney's Italian home

Post by Admin Tue 11 Aug 2020, 20:36

Oh there's plenty in the book - I think the best bits have already been picked apart by the tabloid press over here.

Coming back to this story, I wasn't following as closely then, so to me it's news that both Harry and Meghan, as well as Eugenie and whatsisname have stayed with George.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 11 Aug 2020, 22:17

The authors of the book aren't great at fact checking are they?!

George never did get back on a bike, Jack Brooksbank is Casamigos' ambassador in the UK,

Eugenie and Harry (and Beatrice) were all great friends.

That fractured a bit when Meghan announced her pregnancy on Princess Eugenie's wedding

day when it had already been arranged that the formal annoucement of her news was due to

be the next day.

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 11 Aug 2020, 22:55

Was Meghan the one who put out the announcement? Seems a not very nice thing to do to a friend.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 11 Aug 2020, 23:34

I think Harry and Meghan decided to tell the family .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 12 Aug 2020, 03:47

Didn’t we already know that Harry and Meghan stayed at Lake Como?  Maybe I’m imagining this but I thought we discussed it here.  The newsy part for me was that Eugenie and Jack were there too.  It was a summer visit not a honeymoon.  Sounds like they all had a wonderful time.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 13 Aug 2020, 12:12

Donnamarie wrote:Didn’t we already know that Harry and Meghan stayed at Lake Como?  Maybe I’m imagining this but I thought we discussed it here.  The newsy part for me was that Eugenie and Jack were there too.  It was a summer visit not a honeymoon.  Sounds like they all had a wonderful time.
 I was wondering that too. I wasn't following so closely then, so not sure if we knew they visited a few months after their wedding or at another time.  I definitely didn't know the others were there too.

Anyway, have just realised that I've got my dates mixed-up and they visited in August, some months after they got married. Sorry for any confusion I've caused.

Last edited by Admin on Thu 13 Aug 2020, 13:19; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 13 Aug 2020, 12:42

Story of visit goes back to August 2018 - George as far as we know doesn't often nip to Como

in May - think Eugenie and Jack married later that year......

The news that Meghan made the baby announcement on Eugenie's wedding day was not the

official press announcement - but that she was telling people at the service in St

Georges Chapel.

May be right - she and Harry were seen on TV having a bit of an argument in the pews!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down