George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 17 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 17 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 17 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 17 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 17 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 17 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 17 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 17 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 17 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Serious Side - part 2

+17
amaretti
oldweston
Donnamarie
LizzyNY
Katiedot
Ragnar
Sevens
Alisonfan
PigPen
melbert
it's me
What Would He Say
Fingersandtoes
ladybugcngc
party animal - not!
fava
carolhathaway
21 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 17 Empty Re: The Serious Side - part 2

Post by LizzyNY Wed 15 Feb 2017, 22:16

Donnamarie - Trump is attached to the hacking scandal. He asked Russia to hack the Democrats email accounts. He knew Flynn was speaking to Russia for weeks but did nothing about it until he was forced to because it was leaked to the media. If Flynn hadn't gotten caught he'd still be NS Advisor.

He put our country in danger by allowing Steve Bannon to put himself onto the NSC and then claimed not to have read the executive order that approved it.( Reminds me of Urkel's "Oooh, did I do that?") He sat in plain sight and hearing of all sorts of civilians while he and another head of state were advised of, and dealt with, the North Korean missile situation - which should have been dealt with in a secure location - preferably the Situation Room - with qualified advisors around him.

One way or another I don't think this man will serve a full term.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 15 Feb 2017, 22:44

You would think as big as Mara lago is there would be plenty of rooms for them to handle a crisis not in front of party guests.  I think that is probably him showing off look everybody I'm in charge .

How long can Congress keep ignoring the mess he is making, they will have to act eventually he will do something that will leave them no choice in the end he is just not bright enough not too.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 16 Feb 2017, 00:12

Donald dumb claimed on twitter that the fire storm surrounding Michael Flynn's ouster is a media conspiracy fueled by
vengeful  partisans inside U.S Intelligence agencies.

He also claimed that the Russian connection nonsense is merely an attempt to cover up the many mistakes made in Hillary Clinton's losing campaign.

He is truly the biggest idiot I have ever seen.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 16 Feb 2017, 04:49

I don't doubt that Trump was at the very least complicit
in the hacking scandal. The challenge for the government will be to prove it.

Practically everything Trump says is either a lie or idiotic. He is totally unfit to be President. If, at the very least, he was surrounded by competent people in the White House with mainstream views he might be able to appear like he knows what he's doing. But he has no one in the WH who knows how government works or understands how to govern a democracy. He has created an untenable and chaotic situation. He IS the biggest idiot!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 16 Feb 2017, 08:54

Donna,
that's exactly my opinion:
It wouldn't be as dangerous if he surrounded himself with qualified and experienced staff, secretaries etc. 

But he either doesn't see the chaos he's causing - which would be horrible - or it simply doesn't matter to him - which is even worse.

Many people in Germany - not me - said after his election: "Let's wait some months, maybe he's going to be a good president. He needs to learn." Now the only ones who still speak out for him, are those who das: "Yeah, f* the establishment, diplomacy is dead. 'My country first', that's what every leader should say!"

Last edited by carolhathaway on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 08:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Can't spell...)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 16 Feb 2017, 13:28

The problem is that the people around him who do have government experience are staying silent. Maybe they're waiting for him to do something so horrendous that there's no coming back for him and then they can ride in and save the country.

My  personal feeling is that I would never vote for anyone who stood by and let this buffoon destroy our country. Anyone who doesn't try to stop him is as culpable as he is.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 16 Feb 2017, 14:20

Apparently there are many, many unfilled positions STILL in the White House

Different angle here

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/feb/16/how-donald-trump-became-deutsche-bank-biggest-headache

and the odd Nazi sympathiser..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-aide-sebastian-gorka-nazi-hungary-medal-vitezi-rend-fascists-a7581941.html

And how Trump wants to be like Mr Putin

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/russia-donald-trump-vladimir-putin-russia-autocratic-president-emulate-2000s-former-us-ambassador-a7582881.html

Something tells me Mr Trump might not be very well...........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 16 Feb 2017, 14:29

I think he is listening to the wrong people , the one's he should listen too he ignores. 

His ego will lead to his downfall unfortunately how long that will take is anyone's guess.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 16 Feb 2017, 14:47

Yes I too believe Trump's ego and his belief in his "own" truth will be his downfall.

Thanks for the links PAN.  All very disturbing.  This man doesn't believe in anything other than himself.  He has no values outside of himself.  He carries no true convictions.

I wonder how Netanyahu can come to terms with supporting a President whose right hand man is an anti Semitic?

Last edited by Donnamarie on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 14:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct spelling)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 16 Feb 2017, 16:00

Donnamarie wrote:
I wonder how Netanyahu can come to terms with supporting a President whose right hand man is an anti Semitic?

... because Trump tells him what he wants to hear, I guess...
I'm just not sure if Netanyahu - or any other political leader - takes him seriously.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 16 Feb 2017, 16:15

Thanks for the links, PAN!
I found the article about the Deutsche Bank very enlightening!
It shows very well about his ethics...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 16 Feb 2017, 16:21

One thing is for sure he is not very smart

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 16 Feb 2017, 18:01

We're all smart women here. I bet the lot of us could be 10X better at figuring out how to run the White House effectively than this sorry excuse for a leader!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 16 Feb 2017, 19:45

Donnamarie wrote:Yes I too believe Trump's ego and his belief in his "own" truth will be his downfall.

Thanks for the links PAN.  All very disturbing.  This man doesn't believe in anything other than himself.  He has no values outside of himself.  He carries no true convictions.

Because Trump and Bannon hate Muslims/the Palestinians as much as he does. I guess he's willing to overlook working with a man endorsed by the KKK and neo-Nazis if it means screwing the Palestininians once and for all.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 17 Feb 2017, 00:17

Did anyone watch Trump's news conference today? I would love to know from our international friends the reaction from their home country.

If anyone has a chance and the time please watch it.
It's unnerving. And I feel pretty confident that the Trump supporters loved it.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 17 Feb 2017, 01:07

Donnamarie, here's the view from the other side of the pond. It's from the bbcnews website, and there are several reports worth a look.

I keep wondering if someone's on uppers and downers to be honest.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38999993

The report further down the page is worth a read too

Ps Jon Sopel is the well-respected BBC's North American Editor.You may recognise him from an  interview he did with Amal on Ukraine.........

More worrryingly a friend I met this evening had seen part of the conference on Sky and said that Trump seemed plausible............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 17 Feb 2017, 09:13

Donnamarie wrote:We're all smart women here.  I bet the lot of us could be 10X better at figuring out how to run the White House effectively than this sorry excuse for a leader!
IMO it's not a question of intelligence. I think we could figure out how to run the country because we're not psychopaths.

I think Donald Trump truly can't tell right from wrong because he has no way to measure the difference. His brain tells him that anything he wants is right. Therefore all he does is right and anyone who says otherwise must necessarily be wrong.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 17 Feb 2017, 10:11

I just spent nearly one hour reading German online articles and comments about Trump's press conference. One source is very liberal, another one conservative and the third one I would call balanced. I also watched about half of the pc on youtube.

All of the articles point out the major 'highlights' of the pc, the comments of journalists question bis state of mind and tried to check the facts he named.

The comments secion though was very interesting:
There are those who damn everything he says and others who praise each of his words. You also have those who say: "Well, from watching the press conference, I have the impression that his facts are quite concise."
They just forget to question if the facts he presents are right...

I also find it very interesting that many pro-Trump commentators seem to have problems with the German syntax and with certain letters which only exist in our language. Honi soit qui mal y pense...

Sorry, I didn't find an article or comment in English so couldn't post it.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 17 Feb 2017, 10:44

He is sending out a accountability survey to his fans asking them to grade the press performance.

And we know they will all agree with him so then what, are the press supposed to bow down and only

print what he wants to hear.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 17 Feb 2017, 10:53

Well, this isn't going to please him:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-father-fred-fbi-dossier-trump-management-company-racist-get-rid-of-blacks-dont-rent-to-a7583851.html

Meanwhile  just off the Connecticut coast:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/02/15/russian-spy-ship-spotted-near-us/97939010/

Many reports here about the state of his health.......

And Tillerson, Mattis and Pompeo seem to be looking like statesmen while also saying different stuff..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 17 Feb 2017, 13:32

Donnamarie wrote:Did anyone watch Trump's news conference today?  I would love to know from our international friends the reaction from their home country.

If anyone has a chance and the time please watch it.  
It's unnerving.  And I feel pretty confident that the Trump supporters loved it.  

Yep I saw it....I sat down for ten minutes to watch the news with a coffee.....and wow over an hour latter!....Full credit to our news programme who just cancelled everything and stayed with it.....

I honestly felt like I was sitting in on The Donald's weekly therapy session....

The good news is you will get him....the bad news is the press cannot believe they haven't got him yet, and now is not the time for them to "go low".......Keep it pro.......

More good news, we were not the only people to watch it....The crazies got a good look at King Crazy of USA......affraid
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 17 Feb 2017, 13:41

LizzyNY wrote:The problem is that the people around him who do have government experience are staying silent. Maybe they're waiting for him to do something so horrendous that there's no coming back for him and then they can ride in and save the country.

My  personal feeling is that I would never vote for anyone who stood by and let this buffoon destroy our country. Anyone who doesn't try to stop him is as culpable as he is.

I think that is what is happening....He has lived by the sword (in his case his tongue), he will die by it.....No need to get your hands dirty.....Having said that, going back to his campaign several times he would say something and I would go thats it! he has overstepped the mark.....Goodnight Donald.....and look what happened.....

All in this country feel it's only a matter of time....The news will never be the same without The Donald....We'll always have re-runs of The apprentice ( see my old soft spot for The Don).....

Ivanka, is getting a baptism of fire into politics.....Ivanka is perfecting going hi....Is she a Hillary in the making.....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 17 Feb 2017, 13:46

Oh the guy from CNN Jim Acosta.....in a certain light...after a glass or three of wine....does he remind you of anybody.....

My new celeb crush of the day.....Don't you just love a James that calls himself Jim....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 17 Feb 2017, 13:52

Our New York friends have probably seen it but if anyone can search out the cover of today's New York Post ... kinda says it all in a nutshell.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 17 Feb 2017, 14:48

That cover definitely said it all this is awful.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 17 Feb 2017, 15:57

This?

Trump team considers deploying 100,000 National Guard troops for immigrant roundup
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 17 170217-trump-national-guard-alt-feature
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 17 Feb 2017, 16:04

PAN - The real estate lawsuit is old news here in NY. Sadly the Trumps weren't the only landlords to discriminate back then, just maybe among the worst. Thankfully since then people's attitudes have changed and so have the laws.

Donnamarie and annemarie - The Post cover is just another sign of that paper's schizophrenia. All through the election cycle they supported Trump (and still do in their editorials). Now that he's going full-on looney tunes they're changing their tune just a bit.

Much more worrying is that he wants to send 100,000 National Guard troops after immigrants. Welcome to Hitler's brown shirted storm troopers!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 17 Feb 2017, 16:24

Katiedot wrote:This?

Trump team considers deploying 100,000 National Guard troops for immigrant roundup
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 17 170217-trump-national-guard-alt-feature

The notion of sending the National Guard to roundup illegals is downright scary and IMO unAmerican. I think the administration pushed back today on this story that's circulating.

Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 17 Feb 2017, 16:43

Someone has an altogether different - and better idea

https://twitter.com/chicagotribune/status/832601031238361088

David Axelrod's and Lysa Heslov's twitter pages continue to be brilliant

Oh, and aparently there was not one State Department representative at the Netanyanu meetings - unless you include Jared Kushner with all his experience!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 17 Feb 2017, 17:35

He can't send the National Guard it doesn't work that way.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 17 Feb 2017, 18:10

annemarie - Apparently he doesn't know that. Maybe someone should tell his boss (Steve Bannon) that despite their best efforts the Constitution is still in effect!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 17 Feb 2017, 18:14

He doesn't know much and the people around him seem to know even less.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 17 Feb 2017, 20:01

There are suggestions online that this is a Bannon/Breitbart technique/strategy used at least four times before to wind up the media just so that they can then deny it..........sigh...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 17 Feb 2017, 20:23

This is ridiculous our country has enough problems that need dealing with this nonsense is unnecessary .

So there are no adults actually running the country lord help us.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 18 Feb 2017, 09:39

Another 'great' tweet by your POTUS:

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/832708293516632065

Everybody who doesn't agree with my opinion, is not just my enemy but also an enemy of my country and all Americans.
In Germany we've had somebody like him eighty years ago: Destroying the free press, suppressing the opposition, creating an enemy everybody can hate (we've had the Jews, you have Immigranten). Sounds like a repetition...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 18 Feb 2017, 12:59

It's all happening in Germany this weekend.

Tillerson has to stay in a sanitorium 20 miles from where he needs to be because he didn't book a hotel room in time, Pence says it's all fine for Europe but pay up, Merkel says it's not as easy as that, but is impressed by Justin - and John McCain says it exactly as it is. Wow!

Meanwhile the Time magazine cover is pretty amazing as is the article

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2017/02/17/the-challenges-behind-president-trumps-new-and-striking-time-magazine-cover/?utm_term=.4566daf99c3b

And the Trump family's weekend sprees are costing the taxpayers a fortune

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2017/02/16/trump-family-elaborate-lifestyle-logistical-nightmare-taxpayer-expense/KT8hig29qTuC7ADTHN0J4O/story.html?p1=Article_Recommended_ReadMore_Pos2

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 18 Feb 2017, 15:32

The Time cover is brilliant!

No outrage here over the Trumps spending over $10 mil for just three weekends in office.  What a sorry, sorry bunch!  Trump famously criticized Obama for taking weendend trips and vacations.  HYPOCRITE!
But no one seems to care.

Bill Maher had some excellent insight on his show last night.  Hope all can watch.  The Trump Circus ....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g.7OH3ae7Wtg

Last edited by Donnamarie on Sat 18 Feb 2017, 15:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 18 Feb 2017, 16:17

If the people who voted for him because they can't make ends meet and thought he would send some of his cash their way aren't furious about this, then I guess they really are stupid.

It's not just the Secret Service protecting the Trump family's entitled asses. It's the businesses that lose money when the streets are cordoned off and customers can't get through and our police forces, which we pay to protect us but are pulled away to make sure nothing happens to the Cheeto-in-Chief.

When is Mr. Moneybags going to start pulling his own weight and start paying back some of the costs he's dumping on us? He's soooooo rich! Really? If he's so rich why do we have to pay his expenses? And why do we have to pay for his kids when they go on business trips, on our dime, to make more money they won't pay taxes on?

I really hate these people!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 18 Feb 2017, 16:24

Cheeto in chief lol, to answer your question Lizzy never will he ever pay for anything. Who is going to make him, surely not all us Americans we couldn't possible care how much he is costing us , you know we all just love him to death , according to him.

And he isn't taking his pay, well why would he , he is spending more than the would have gotten paid.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 18 Feb 2017, 16:31

Donnamarie, the video is gone says it doesn't exist.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 18 Feb 2017, 16:52

I'm posting it again, Annemarie. Let's see if this works - very very strange if it doesn't!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7OH3ae7Wtg

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 18 Feb 2017, 17:01

Sorry the link didn't work. Looks like the one PAN posted did. Thanks!

Ok Cheeto-in-Chief is my new fave name! Love it!
annemarie is right. He will never pay for anything out of his own pocket as long as he can get away with it. And he will and is doing so right now. Look at his charitable giving record in the past.

No Member of Congress with an "R" after their name has condemned this man for anything so far and none of them will. Only as a last resort. If Trump can get away with murder he will. I've never seen such a flawed national figure in our recent history that has gotten away with as much as he has. It's disgraceful.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 18 Feb 2017, 17:21

The second Link PAN posted, worked for me. Thanks for that, PAN, Bill Maher really hit the mark!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 18 Feb 2017, 18:14

Donnmarie - Did you see McCain's speech? I'd vote for him tomorrow if I could - and I'm a Democrat!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 18 Feb 2017, 18:59

I loved Maher he was so right.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 18 Feb 2017, 19:28

Saw Bill Maher's show with Milo What's-His -Face. I understand Maher's point about free speech and allowing the audience to decide for themselves about someone - but - I draw the line at giving attention to a spoiled brat who will say anything for attention.

This kid is just so fuckin' impressed with himself! The more attention he gets, the more important he thinks he is - and he isn't! He's a rude, spoiled child who has the relevance of a gnat in a hurricane!

I'm not surprised he supports Trump. They're two of a kind.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 18 Feb 2017, 19:31

Lizzy,
are you talking about Maher's show in PAN's link above?
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 18 Feb 2017, 19:45

Today the Turkish Prime Minister Yildirin was in Germany to campaign for a referendum which gives Erdogan more power and disempowers Yildirin and the Turkish Parliament. In Germany we've got so many Turks who are allowed to vote in Turkey that they campaign here as well. And the Turks who live in Germany either seem to be more conservative than those who live in Turkey or only see their advantage of living in one country and being a citizen of another, in any case the Turks in Germany always support the conservative candidates and parties.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 18 Feb 2017, 21:11

carol, do those Turkish citizens who live in Germany vote by an absentee ballot or do they have to physically go back to Turkey to vote in their elections?  I'm a bit confused.

Lizzy, I haven't listened to McCain's speech.  I'll check it out.  I did watch Milo on Maher's show and what an ass he is.  He is so totally into himself.  He seems very self-conscious and amused with himself.  Very unconvincing.

carol, yes the interview with Milo is from the clip above - the Feb. 17 show. You should be able to find it on YouTube.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Sat 18 Feb 2017, 21:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 18 Feb 2017, 21:29

Here's a very interesting story that has surfaced tonight. Worth a look for anybody thinking of a dalliance with Russia

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/18/russias-deadly-plot-overthrow-montenegros-government-assassinating/

and Trump junior has already had a trial run at it..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-jr-was-actually-keynote-speaker-at-widely_us_586d2f8ae4b068764965c5c5

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum