George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal

+15
carolhathaway
Tulips
Katiedot
it's me
Alisonfan
Donnamarie
annemarie
party animal - not!
melbert
starlove
Joanna
LizzyNY
Sevens
Had.e6
PigPen
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal Empty George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal

Post by Tulips Thu 04 Feb 2016, 09:48

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

'I could throw my hip out pretty soon!' George Clooney reveals hilarious moment he proposed to Amal and how she kept him waiting for an answer for nearly 30 minutes
By Christine Rendon For Dailymail.com
Published: 08:25, 4 February 2016 

They tied the knot in a star-studded ceremony in Italy over a year ago.
But George Clooney revealed during an upcoming episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show how his proposal to Amal Clooney not only resulted in plenty of confusion, but left him bent down on one knee, waiting for an answer, for nearly half an hour.
The 54-year-old also revealed that Amal did not instantly recognise the engagement ring for what it was. 
See George Clooney updates as he reveals hilarious moment he proposed to Amal
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

'I could throw out my hip pretty soon!' George Clooney admitted during an upcoming episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show that his now wife Amal Clooney had left him waiting for 25 minutes for an answer to his proposal
George, who was promoting his new movie Hail, Caesar!, made the confession after he was asked by Ellen when he knew he wanted to marry her.
'I think about six months 'til I actually thought I might pop the question. And it was one of those horrible moments, we didn't talk about it, you know, it wasn't, "maybe we should get married" or anything. I plotted the whole thing out. 

'Had the ring hidden behind her, I had music playing, my aunt Rosemary's going to sing Why Shouldn't I?, everything was planned out,' the former Golden Girls actor explained. 
The actor had even made dinner for Amal, who had just returned from London and even suggested they order in.

+5
No detail spared: The 54-year-old discussed at length the detail he put into setting up the elaborate and thoughtful proposal 
'And I go, "Nah, I made dinner!" You know, I've got it all set up, timed out and the song is coming, she gets up to go wash the dishes, which she's never done, and I'm like, "What are you doing?" 
After Amal returned from the kitchen, the actor blew out a candle and asked Amal to find a lighter to re-ignite it, which is when he intended for her to find the candle.
The actor imitated Amal's direct one as he revealed the moment she discovered the ring.   

+5
Loved up: Clooney and his wife Amal cuddled up at the premiere of Hail, Caesar! in Westwood on Monday
'She reaches around and pulls out the box, and I've got just the ring sitting in there, and she pulls it out and she looks at it and she's like, "It's a ring." 
'Like somebody had left it there some other time! And I'm like, doing all the moves you can do with my face,' he said, giving various silly expressions. 
'And I got down on my knee and I said, "I couldn't imagine spending the rest of my life without you," and she kept looking at the ring, and she's looking at me, and she's like "Oh my God".

+5
Drumming up interest: The star was on hand to promote his latest film, Hail, Caesar! 
'And we now know because there is a playlist, so we know how long it actually took, and it's like 25 minutes, 25 minutes! 
'And finally like literally I said "Look, I hope the answer's yes, but I need an answer 'cause I'm 52 and I could throw out my hip pretty soon!" and then she said, "Oh, oh yes!" So it worked out really well.'
The actor later added that their connection was instant the moment they met. 
'You know it was one of those funny things, from the minute we met we just hit it off, from the minute we met we sort of felt like we were going to be together.'
George and Amal, a human rights lawyer, tied the knot after a five month engagement in Italy in September 2014.
The actor's appearance will air on Thursday.  

Newlywed bliss: The couple were pictured in Venice, Italy just one day after tying the knot 

Last edited by Katiedot on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 14:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

Tulips
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal Empty Re: George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal

Post by Tulips Thu 04 Feb 2016, 09:49

We heard some of this in the interview with Charlie Rose, but this is much more detail.

Tulips
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal Empty Re: George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal

Post by it's me Thu 04 Feb 2016, 12:45

25 minutes doing what? 

Looking in each other's  eyes ?

Listening to music ?

No more words spent..... ??
For 25 minutes long? 

Oh 
Maybe they made a crossword in the meantime Suspect

Your idea? tongue
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleZoe Thu 04 Feb 2016, 13:08

LOL

'Hey honey let me just finish the washing up then we can talk about that Ok?'

Maybe that awkward silence happened same in western movies

cricket chirping, wind blowing, etc.
DoubleZoe
DoubleZoe
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 04 Feb 2016, 13:49

Tulips,
I'm sorry I missed your post and posted the same link at the 'Ellen' thread.Didn't want to double it.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 04 Feb 2016, 13:51

DoubleZoe wrote:LOL

'Hey honey let me just finish the washing up then we can talk about that Ok?'

Maybe that awkward silence happened same in western movies

cricket chirping, wind blowing, etc.

ESATTO    tumbleweed
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 04 Feb 2016, 14:00

It's Me, I think I'd want to go and fill the dishwasher if it were to happen to me! 

Just escape to wonder if he was just fooling around and it was some enormously elaborate prank,......he's George Clooney for goodness sake!

He certainly took her breath away.......and we'll never ever be told what actually happened in between.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 04 Feb 2016, 14:11

But he did it 
Bend knee 

Not many things can be done 

Like that Wink
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 04 Feb 2016, 15:07

All this from the man who said he wants to keep his private life private???????????????????

Maybe it's just a  story he made up.  He's been telling it since, what, the Charlie Rose interview.  Old news with a couple of new details. 

That and the  he almost slept with Cindy Crawford story that was recently resurfaced.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Had.e6 Thu 04 Feb 2016, 19:15

PigPen wrote:All this from the man who said he wants to keep his private life private???????????????????

Maybe it's just a  story he made up.  He's been telling it since, what, the Charlie Rose interview.  Old news with a couple of new details. 

That and the  he almost slept with Cindy Crawford story that was recently resurfaced.
Wow , PigPen few words can kill the joy
Had.e6
Had.e6
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 04 Feb 2016, 20:09

People ask so he tells them he is obviously happy and willing to share that with his fans. I love hearing him tell this story and seeing his joy. 

As  for his private life it is pretty much private we only know what little bit he talks about and that isn't very much.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 05 Feb 2016, 02:08

It's a sweet story.  I'm sure he wasn't on one knee and she was sitting in the chair with dead silence while Rosemary kept singing.  There were probably a lot of Oh My Gods and I can't believe it and I can't live without you and are you sure comments among others.  I think it's funny.  So did she end up doing the dishes? Or maybe they left them till the morning ......

George doesn't complain about his sometimes lack of privacy. He comments that he realizes that as a star he has had to sacrifice his privacy to some extent.  But the tradesoffs are worth it.  At least that's my impression of how he sees his situation.  And there are times when he doesn't like the intrusions.  But I don't hear him complain. I think he deals with it really well.  

And he now talks about his personal life in a way he never has.  And shows affection publicly in a way he never has before. I think he is that happy that he wants to show it and talk about it.  I think that's really sweet too.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 02:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 06 Feb 2016, 04:11

I really don't think Amal put George on knee for 25 minutes.That's just too long. Guess Amal did the washing and when she came back George planned the whole ring thing for her. The 25 minutes must include the washing time and their discussion time.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 06 Feb 2016, 10:19

I can see it taking 25 minutes, he said they never discussed marriage so this was a major surprise for her. Lets be honest deciding to marry George was a life  changing event for her. I think after the shock a lot of thought went into her decision. Marriage is a serious commitment and i'm sure Amal realized that.  Which is why she took her time to answer.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 06 Feb 2016, 10:38

Annemarie,
I guess you're right.
When my husband proposed I didn't say 'yes' immediately, it took me some time because so many thoughts went through my mind. And we had talked about it before.
So if George and Amal hadn't talked about it - and I guess she didn't expect it either - she must have been shocked. And if you remember: their relationship had only just become public, and there wasn't much of a public response to that - at least nothing to now.

I think it was very sensitive of Amal to really think about the consequences before saying 'yes' because she 's so smart that she knew her life would change forever. She surely knew that from that moment on she would always be called 'George Clooney's wife' even when it was about her work. And that she would be in the public's eye which she hadn't been before. I guess it's a  bit like being asked by Prince Harry to marry him (if everybody from the U.K. please forgive me for that comparison).

But I guess there was no silence for 25 minutes, maybe some love talk and kissing Love4 . By the way: To say "I couldn't imagine spending the rest of my life without you' is very romantic IMO.

Last edited by carolhathaway on Sat 06 Feb 2016, 10:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added text)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 06 Feb 2016, 13:29

George had thought all of it through before he asked Amal to marry him.  He had the ring and the evening all planned out.  This was a total shock to Amal.  I would think that so many thoughts were going through her mind like carolhathaway and annemarie mentioned.  Even if George wasn't famous it's a big change in her life and did she really want that.  And you add the notoriety of being George's wife and that could blow your mind.  Well for me it would.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 06 Feb 2016, 17:04

For me the question isn't what took her so long. It's "Why is he going so public with something so personal?". I can't buy that he's just so happy he can't help it. He's a grown man who has had other momentous events in his life and he hasn't discussed them in the media.

Sadly, I think Way2Old was right in her comment in another thread. He's losing ground and is trying to be more relevant. Many of us have said he needs a big hit movie. The younger moviegoers don't think of him the way we do. They wonder what the big deal is about that Clooney guy. - Or maybe he just doesn't give a damn any more because he knows he won't be in front of the camera for much longer and he can stop worrying about his movie star image
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 06 Feb 2016, 17:45

Lizzy....I think your last sentence could be right.
Nothing wrong with that.  

True love has come late for George and I'd imagine
he doesn't want to lose time together.
Nothing wrong with that.

Btw...I believe the story of his proposal is correct
because his Father Nick quoted it in his speech 
at his son's wedding to Amal.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Had.e6 Sat 06 Feb 2016, 19:49

LizzyNY wrote:For me the question isn't what took her so long. It's "Why is he going so public with something so personal?". I can't buy that he's just so happy he can't help it. He's a grown man who has had other momentous events in his life and he hasn't discussed them in the media.

Sadly, I think Way2Old was right in her comment in another thread. He's losing ground and is trying to be more relevant. Many of us have said he needs a big hit movie. The younger moviegoers don't think of him the way we do. They wonder what the big deal is about that Clooney guy. - Or maybe he just doesn't give a damn any more because he knows he won't be in front of the camera for much longer and he can stop worrying about his movie star image
I Need to see him in a big successful movie , Lizzy your comment is Literally what passes in my mind sometimes , and yes George chances seem less than before . But maybe this is the Happy George - less concern about his privacy than before .  Any way given the way other celebrity share their life with fans I believe George is in the safe side
Had.e6
Had.e6
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by starlove Sat 06 Feb 2016, 21:59

I think this story is not genuine

George Clooney broadcast his Venice wedding to Amal Clooney in Vanity Fair, PEOPLE, Hello!, and VOGUE. So, like, not exactly private. Now he’s telling us via Ellen DeGeneres about how he proposed to Amal. It was 25 minutes long. At one point he uses the word “horrible”. And at the end, because it took her so long to process that he was actually asking her to marry him, he had to tell her that he’s 52 years old with a bad back and could she please answer?
Normally when someone goes on a talk show, like, oh, say, Channing Tatum, and gives you all kinds of romantic details about his wife, by the end of the story, all the women in the audience are freaking out and crying and throwing themselves on the ground from all the longing. That did not happen when George Clooney described his proposal. And there are some people who will read into that like, um, yeah, he couldn’t make it real because it’s definitely not real. And there are others who will say, if I were his wife I would have his ass when he came home after that because he certainly didn’t represent us very well. And still there will be others who will wonder if George Clooney is actually embarrassed that he’s doing proposal chats on afternoon talk shows.

starlove
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by starlove Sat 06 Feb 2016, 22:12

George Clooney appeared on The Ellen Show this week to promote Hail Caesar, his latest film offering and probably the first Clooney film I’ve been interested in for a very long time. But I love the Coen Brothers and I love that they almost always cast Clooney as a dunce. We haven’t had a good old fashioned Clooney promotional tour since last year’s Tomorrowland, during which we were inundated with stories about Amal Clooney and how fantastic/brilliant/amazing she is.
I’m at the point now where I think George partially (or mostly) got married to change his branding, his script, his public persona. He was at a point in his life where his stories were no longer “cute,” so he had to get some new stories. Enter Amal. And now he can’t (or won’t) shut up about her, about their marriage, about their wedding and all of it. So, when he was chatting with Ellen, he went into detail about how he proposed. This story has the weird vibe of feeling too rehearsed and completely untrue.
George claims he decided Amal was his future wife about six months into their relationship, a fact which will probably cause Stacy Keibler to do some math. He claims that they didn’t talk about getting married at all beforehand and that he alone tried to set the scene by lighting candles, cooking dinner and choosing their playlist. He makes it sound like it came so out of left field that Amal wasn’t even wearing a cute outfit. Then:
“I’ve got it all set up, timed out and the song is coming and she gets up to go wash the dishes, which she’s never done. And I’m like, ‘What are you doing?’ and she comes back in. And finally I said, ‘Ya know, I blew out the candle’ and I said, ‘I think the lighter’s in the box behind you.’ And she reaches around and she pulls out the box and I’ve got just the ring sitting in there and she pulls it out and she looks at it and she’s like, ‘It’s a ring’ – like as if somebody had left it there some other time…I’m doing all the moves I could do with my face, and I got down on my knee and said, ‘I couldn’t imagine spending the rest of my life without you.’ And she kept looking at the ring and she was looking at me and she was like ‘Oh my God.’ And now we know because of the playlist, how long it actually took, and it was like 25 minutes, 25 minutes! And finally I was like, ‘Look, I hope the answer is yes, but I need an answer I’m 52 and I could throw out my hip pretty soon.’”
Do you believe this story? Or is this just a monologue that he’s prepared? I don’t know. But I never thought I would see the day when George Clooney would be this eager to talk about his personal life to this extent. Oh, and he says at the beginning of the story that the proposal was “one of those horrible moments we didn’t talk about.” Yes, that’s why he prepared a monologue about it.
And here’s video of Clooney and Rihanna playing Never Have I Ever. Is it just me or was Clooney trying to flirt with Rih-Rih and she wasn’t having it?

I didn't feel  "true love" in George words too about Amal.

starlove

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 07 Feb 2016, 01:07

A few other outlets have similar questions on the authenticity of the proposal story, starlove.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 07 Feb 2016, 02:18

What is there to question he was there he should know. Not every one jumps head first into marriage no matter how much they love someone this is a life long commitment and with George being a celebrity there was much more to be considered by Amal.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 07 Feb 2016, 02:54

Is it me? What is it that people are unhappy about here?

And why would His Nibs make anything up? What possible purpose would it serve? He's already talked to Charlie Rose about it last May.

And if there's disbelief about the timing, just think about the nature and logistics of both of their lives. Plenty to talk about!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 07 Feb 2016, 03:21

True Pan I don't believe he would lie to Charlie Rose there would be no point to it.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 07 Feb 2016, 03:53

Good grief! Unbelievable! Really grasping! Laineygossip makes absolutely no sense. None whatsoever! Nada!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 07 Feb 2016, 04:31

Well, there are some differences in the story that he told Ellen and what he told Charlie all those months ago.  He's had several months to "remember" everything that happened that night, I guess.  However, we also know George can greatly embellish a story.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sun 07 Feb 2016, 12:02

George had to much of tequila two times.B4 Ellen show and B4 propose.George pass out for 25 minute snooze and to forgotten time.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 07 Feb 2016, 13:56

Loool
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal Empty temp thread - don't post

Post by starlove Sun 07 Feb 2016, 15:21

LOL

starlove

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 08 Feb 2016, 12:02

Thinking about this some more, I think George is far more comfortable talking about this than he ever was before and that's for the simple reason that he's married.

My apologies to those 'fans' who are anxiously hoping for announcement of a divorce any day now, but I assume he's planning to keep Amal around for a while.

The reason I say that is becaue I remember many many many years ago (maybe around the time of Celine?) George deciding that he didn't want to talk about his girlfriends any more because (and I'm doing this from memory) 'when you talk about your partner and then break up, those quotes stay around for ever'.

Now that he's married, the woman will stay around forever and therefore he's not that fussed if the quotes do too.

My theory, anyway.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 08 Feb 2016, 12:09

And the video:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 08 Feb 2016, 14:10

Agree Katiedot.  George is smart and learned early on that if you talk too much about your personal life (gfs) what you say can come back to haunt you.  I think with most of his relationships he lived "in the moment" with them. Just my opinion.

Everything is different now and I sense he is genuinely happy and willing to sharing his feelings.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 08 Feb 2016, 14:52

I agree with you both George is happy and in love he married for life his words, he wants to spend the rest of his life with Amal. I think he will do just that there will be no divorce it took him a long time to find Amal.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 08 Feb 2016, 16:00

You hit the nail on the head, Katie. He's such a happy bunny now! Lovely to see..

You only have to look at the extended Stephen Colbert interview when she was in the Maldives, and then his mood at TIFF when he knew she'd left........

This.....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by starlove Tue 09 Feb 2016, 23:03

he says at the beginning of the story that the proposal was “one of those horrible moments we didn’t talk about.”

That sound romantic .NO!
i can't see he is comfortable telling the story either!
and the wedding was like 2 years ago ,not even Prince William talk like this about his wedding after 2 years"which was better ,bigger ,and classier".
he said he is happy  a thousand times there is no need to say this again in every giving chance,no one do this.
except he is trying to prove it to himself.
divorce or no i don't care that's not my life ,but George is actor!

starlove

Back to top Go down

Post by Tulips Wed 10 Feb 2016, 00:02

He talked about it because he was asked about it by Ellen. He hadn't been on her show for several years. It's not like she could have asked him about it a year and a half sho, not two years, since he wasn't on the show then.

Tulips
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 10 Feb 2016, 01:09

He talked about it because his wedding (18 months ago) was big news and still something that people are interested in which is why Ellen asked him about it. I can see that there are still fans who are in shock that he got married so it's of interest.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 10 Feb 2016, 06:41

Everybody has his / her own feelings about that. It's the same when we talk about pictures or videos of them together. The ones see that he's aged, unhappy etc., others see a man who's genuine happy, relaxed and has met somebody who's his match and who agreed to marry him.

The same here. If he had reacted differently to Ellen's question they would have found something else to object about...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Wed 10 Feb 2016, 11:59

George Clooney...I think wrote: I actually thought I might pop the question. And it was one of those horrible moments, we didn't talk about it, you know, it wasn't, "maybe we should get married" or anything. I plotted the whole thing out. 

The George Clooney of my fantasies...the guy who looks after his guests, makes sure everyone at the party is happy....looks after even the smallest person on the set of a movie, is open and friendly to all....and above all wants everyone to be happy and onboard with what is going down....

That George Clooney would never have been so cocky, so presumptuous, so arrogant not to have talked about the possibility of marriage beforehand .....He would have it well scoped out, he would not want to embarrass or put a GF in an impossible position.....I am sure someone wrote recently, sorry don't remember who. that in times gone by previous GF had put him in such positions.....so he would know how hurtful failure looked....known and not risked it....

George is in some type of surreal reality show and soon it will all be over...Over and long forgotten....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleZoe Wed 10 Feb 2016, 12:21

WWHS there is something in what you wrote.

How illogical it is to be with the One and not even talk about the future or the possibilities. Even if you're so in love that question can come up by accident (well you should be mature enough too at least because you want to put yourself on the safe side after all those bad relationships) but the best is when it is intentional.

So I guess its a very bold idea from anyone not to talk about making this huge step in one's life and not to make sure that everything is ok and your loved one is 100.000% sure about the relationship.

DoubleZoe
DoubleZoe
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 10 Feb 2016, 14:16

carolhathaway wrote:Everybody has his / her own feelings about that. It's the same when we talk about pictures or videos of them together. The ones see that he's aged, unhappy etc., others see a man who's genuine happy, relaxed and has met somebody who's his match and who agreed to marry him.

The same here. If he had reacted differently to Ellen's question they would have found something else to object about...

So true carolhathaway.  We all see what we want to see.  But the reality is the reality.  George and Amal are living it and we don't get to be a part of that.  So when George talks about being happy I take his word for it.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 10 Feb 2016, 15:17

What Would He Say wrote:That George Clooney would never have been so cocky, so presumptuous, so arrogant not to have talked about the possibility of marriage beforehand
Ok, a little bit of presumption here, isn't there? Isn't it also perfectly feasible that to him this was going to be the most romantic thing ever? Just about every romance film we see has the proposal being done without the woman having a clue it's going to happen and from the way he described it, I think this was exactly what he'd had in mind. The reason that this is a funny story is that it didn't work out like that at all.

Donnamarie wrote:So true carolhathaway.  We all see what we want to see.  But the reality is the reality.  George and Amal are living it and we don't get to be a part of that.  So when George talks about being happy I take his word for it.
Yes, same here.

For me (and this is just my take on it), I find it really strange when people insist that George isn't happy in his marriage. Apart from the fact that this has been written about George and EVERY woman he's ever dated, I think that's kind of insulting to him to think that he was too dumb to know who he wanted to marry. Or too dumb to know what marriage means in reality. Or too dumb to figure out what kind of a woman he was marrying.

Everything I've seen about George Clooney over the years tells me that when it comes to women, he's a shrewd operator. Well, he'd have to be, wouldn't he, given all the experience of dating he's had over the years!! I don't think he gets manipulated and given that it's taken him, what, 20 years to get married again, I think he's given it a lot of thought.

I'm sure that like every couple they have their ups and downs. Obviously there are times when George will misjudge Amal's reaction (and she his) but I don't know that that's any different from any other couple.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 10 Feb 2016, 16:09

There is no reason on earth why he should have felt the need to say, as we now know, that he'd been waiting all this time to find the right person before he met Amal - that's nothing to do with us. So now he's happy enough to tell us.

Secondly, I think the interview with Ellen was for the wider world. The demographic for Charile Rose is not the same and it doesn't reach such a wide audience. Just because we may have known about it doesn't mean everybody did.

And somewhere on here is an interview with Kimberley Russell telling exactly what it was like to be dating Mr Clooney..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 10 Feb 2016, 16:40

party animal - not! wrote:And somewhere on here is an interview with Kimberley Russell telling exactly what it was like to be dating Mr Clooney..........

Thanks for that! I just found it cand really enjoyed reading!

carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 10 Feb 2016, 17:38

I don't think there was anything cocky about it, he wanted to surprise Amal with the proposal . He knew she loved him and he probably had an inkling she would say yes , after all he did say they knew they were going to be together soon after meeting. He simply didn't know how shocked and surprised she would be.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 10 Feb 2016, 20:21

Katiedot, I really appreciate what you said in your post 
above about George being happy.  I know you're not that fond of Amal but you seemed really fair in your point of view.  Agree with what you said.  Neither do I think any woman could manipulate him. 

Getting to know Amal and coming to the realization that he wanted to marry her must have been a revelation for him the likes he had never experienced before.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by starlove Wed 10 Feb 2016, 20:58

OMG ,all that because i see things from different angle .
i won't change my mind anyway.
BTW George was married before so he MUST experienced such revelation BEFORE!
it look like it's a good deal for them everyone got what he wants ,not that romantic .

every time George speak about it  so perfect so shiny blah blah blah one thing come to my mind the cheap products in TV ads ,they 'll give you headache  praising wooden stick.
"too many lies too little time"

starlove

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 10 Feb 2016, 21:02

According to his ex girlfriend George felt pushed into his first marriage and it was obviously a mistake as it didn't last. And no two loves are the same so  no he didn't have to experience the same things with his first wife.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by starlove Wed 10 Feb 2016, 21:24

Oh,whatever you say.
i stand by what i said.

p.s when someone feel pushed in marriage or it was mistake he divorce in less than six months not 4 years like Kim K and many other Celebs and normal people.

from George words in interview somewhere he said about Talia that she was the woman he loved and followed to marry and she was smart , they broke up and then were together again then married !

STOP putting his first wife down.

starlove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next