George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher donate thousands to vaccinate Syrian children EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher donate thousands to vaccinate Syrian children EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher donate thousands to vaccinate Syrian children EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher donate thousands to vaccinate Syrian children EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher donate thousands to vaccinate Syrian children EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher donate thousands to vaccinate Syrian children EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher donate thousands to vaccinate Syrian children EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher donate thousands to vaccinate Syrian children EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher donate thousands to vaccinate Syrian children EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher donate thousands to vaccinate Syrian children

+2
it's me
party animal - not!
6 posters

Go down

Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher donate thousands to vaccinate Syrian children Empty Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher donate thousands to vaccinate Syrian children

Post by party animal - not! Mon 28 Dec 2015, 10:48

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35188351

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher donate thousands to vaccinate Syrian children Empty Re: Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher donate thousands to vaccinate Syrian children

Post by it's me Mon 28 Dec 2015, 10:52

Well done Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher donate thousands to vaccinate Syrian children Empty Re: Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher donate thousands to vaccinate Syrian children

Post by Donnamarie Mon 28 Dec 2015, 13:55

Very generous and caring gesture.  The Syrian people need all the help they can get.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 28 Dec 2015, 15:44

Yep.. Donnamarie, and it made me wonder since the Baron Cohens have obviously been in touch with David Miliband too..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 28 Dec 2015, 18:45

Though we aren't aware I would assume the Clooneys are working with Miliband (International Rescue Committee) on something related to Syria.  Recall their lunch meeting in LA and the fact that George has said in the past that he and Amal discuss Syria almost daily.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Wed 30 Dec 2015, 13:11

Do you know Readers and George....The strangest thing occurred to me....

In Europe there has been much controversy over immigrants and how much we can/can't help...

But what if we became the refugees....In the UK and Ireland, we have had terrible floods.....every year seems to get worse....

Imagine if these 2 little islands were ....sinking...

We would possibly head for mainland Europe....surely they could manage a shade under 70 million mostly English speaking.... 

But what if Northern Europe was .....sinking....

All but the Irish would head for Africa....

The Irish would head for America...we've done it before, we know the way ....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 30 Dec 2015, 13:37

WWHS,
as long as we would be allowed to enter other countries...
But if you just imagine the horrible situation in Eastern Europe some months ago where one country closed their borders and refugees had to stray to the next border - and then this border was closed and the refugees must have felt trapped. And nobody in these countries cared for them, fed them, no place to sleep, no health care...
I do understand if people are concerned for their own security, for terrorists and even for their own wealth BUT there's something called humanity and empathy. And it really helps if you just try to walk in their shoes, to imagine how they must feel...
Thanks, WWHS, for your thoughts, that's exactly what I think. Do you remember a movie a few years ago - I can't remember the title - when a sudden Ice Age happened and people escaped to the southern countries, the U.S. president negotiated with the Mexican government about tearing down border fences that Mexico had built to protect their country from immigrants from the U.S. 

And now we have refugees who escape a war and others who flee from poverty, sometimes caused by climate change as well. So who 'deserves' to be taken in? Here there are already debates about 'First and second class refugees'...
Can we really tell people to go back although they have no perspective? Get no jobs? Don't have enough to eat? No clean water? No health care?
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Wed 30 Dec 2015, 13:44

CarolHathaway wrote:Thanks, WWHS, for your thoughts, that's exactly what I think. Do you remember a movie a few years ago - I can't remember the title - when a sudden Ice Age happened and people escaped to the southern countries, the U.S. president negotiated with the Mexican government about tearing down border fences that Mexico had built to protect their country from immigrants from the U.S. 

OMG CarolH....that is the funniest...spookiest thing.....

What Would Donald Do???
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 30 Dec 2015, 13:57

That's a thought that worries me a lot: what if it was us in their position? Who would take us in? Where would we go? I guess because I've lived most of my life in other countries, I can feel it so well.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 30 Dec 2015, 17:33

I was speculating about the movie I just wrote about because I couldn't remember its title and just asked my husband who's always good with the titles of movies. It's called 'The Day After Tomorrow' with Dennis Quaid and Jake Gyllenhall.
Just if anybody is interested n this movie.
But to imagine Donald Trump having to negotiate and to lower his sights... lol!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 30 Dec 2015, 18:25

The Donald, if he were president Vomit 1 , would just buy Mexico, get rid of the Mexicans, put up the Great Wall of Mexico, declare himself King and not allow anyone who wasn't white or didn't speak English into his country.

carolH, I did see this movie years ago.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 30 Dec 2015, 18:48

Donna,
you really seem to be a fan of Donald Trump *LOL*!

In fact, I think Mexico had a king who was Austrian in the 19th century if I remember having read 'Lucky Luke' correctly...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down