George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Why successful women fall for George EmptyYesterday at 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Why successful women fall for George EmptyYesterday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Why successful women fall for George EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Why successful women fall for George EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Why successful women fall for George EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Why successful women fall for George EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Why successful women fall for George EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Why successful women fall for George EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Why successful women fall for George EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Why successful women fall for George

5 posters

Go down

Why successful women fall for George Empty Why successful women fall for George

Post by Admin Sat 11 Dec 2010, 10:43

I'm sure I've read this before, but it's just appeared in The Express online version today.

From The Express

GEORGE CLOONEY: WHY SUCCESSFUL WOMEN FALL FOR HIM

Saturday December 11, 2010

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

George Clooney is clearly a winner when it comes to wooing beautiful women. But it seems that the Hollywood heartthrob – and “older” men like him – are receiving unexpected extra help these days.

Psychologists have found that as women become more financially independent they seek out older, more attractive male partners – just like role model George, 49.

A study by researchers at Abertay University in Dundee has revealed that as women earn more money their tastes actually change.

Instinctive preferences for material stability and security become less important and physical attractiveness more so. The age of partners picked by successful go-ahead women also increases.

Lead researcher Dr Fhionna Moore said: “We had assumed that as women earn more, their partner preferences would actually become more like those of men, with a tendency towards preferring younger, more attractive partners rather than those who can provide and care for children.”

Dr Moore added: “The behaviour of men and women does become more similar as women earn more, but only in terms of the importance of physical attraction.”

There the similarity stops. While women with money may prefer older men, it seems that successful older men – surprise, surprise – go for even younger women.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So, does this make us all successful, financially independent women?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Why successful women fall for George Empty Re: Why successful women fall for George

Post by Guest Sat 11 Dec 2010, 18:00

Uh, and just HOW does this reseach explain Sarah Larson and Elisabetta Canalis - from their point of view, not George's? I put either woman into the successful, financially independent woman category.

Back to top Go down

Why successful women fall for George Empty Re: Why successful women fall for George

Post by Snoopy Sat 11 Dec 2010, 18:15

So they are saying financially independent woman go for older men, while older well established men are going for younger? Maybe Sarah and Betty were financially independent to a point but definately not living the lifestyle they wanted, that is what they needed the well established man for!
Snoopy
Snoopy
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ManhattanMaven Sat 11 Dec 2010, 19:13

Well there you go...maybe that explains why i couldn't get a date if my life depended on it....and i'm really CUTE...ROFL! Razz

ManhattanMaven
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 11 Dec 2010, 23:58

But I think Sarah and Elisabetta wanted more. Sarah was well off by alot of peoples standards but she would have been around really wealthy people same with Eli. Elisabetta dated very wealthy soccer players so she likes them rich. I can see why George would be appealing and he could help both with their careers. Although Sarah's "modeling" was a terrible idea but at least she got to pretend for a minute or two.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by ManhattanMaven Sun 12 Dec 2010, 04:49

I really like that picture of him! That's one i don't remember seeing. He looks very distinguished. santa

ManhattanMaven
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 14 Dec 2010, 21:32

Sarah independent? Didn't she follow BF from Oregon to Vegas, then next from Vegas to LA, now LA to NY?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down