George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Amal  Clooney to teach at Columbia Law School EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal  Clooney to teach at Columbia Law School EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Amal  Clooney to teach at Columbia Law School EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Amal  Clooney to teach at Columbia Law School EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Amal  Clooney to teach at Columbia Law School EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal  Clooney to teach at Columbia Law School EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Amal  Clooney to teach at Columbia Law School EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal  Clooney to teach at Columbia Law School EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Amal  Clooney to teach at Columbia Law School EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal Clooney to teach at Columbia Law School

+8
annemarie
party animal - not!
kat19
Way2Old4Dis
melbert
PigPen
Sevens
/
12 posters

Go down

Amal  Clooney to teach at Columbia Law School Empty Amal Clooney to teach at Columbia Law School

Post by annemarie Fri 06 Mar 2015, 23:36

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Amal Clooney to Teach at Columbia Law School in N.Y.C.

Amal Clooney is headed to the Ivy League.

The barrister, 37, will join the faculty at Columbia Law School in New York City this spring, the university announced Friday.

The London-based attorney will lecture on human rights law as a visiting faculty member and as a senior fellow with the Law School's Human Rights Institute, the college confirmed in a statement obtained by PEOPLE.

"I look forward to getting to know the next generation of human rights advocates studying here," Clooney said in the announcement.

The lawyer-turned-professor will take on an impressive course load, which includes lecturing in professor Sarah H. Cleveland's Human Rights course and speaking about human rights litigation to students in the school's Human Rights Clinic.

Clooney, who specializes in human rights and international law, is a natural fit to teach the curriculum. She boasts an impressive professional résumé that includes representing WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in extradition proceedings and handling numerous cases before the International Criminal Court and the European Court of Human Rights.

Her current clients include The Hooded Men, a group of 10 individuals who claim they were tortured by the British Army in Northern Ireland throughout August 1971. She is also representing Armenia's interests in a genocide trial.

Her husband and fellow human rights activist George Clooney, 53, was not kidding around when he recently admitted at a New York City gala, "My wife's the smart one."

And while Amal's new Ivy League duties will keep her on the east coast for the spring semester, the actor will also be busy with a NYC-based gig, filming his latest movie Money Monster. The newlyweds have been spotted around NYC in recent weeks dining at upscale restaurants and escaping the snow.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sat 07 Mar 2015, 10:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Amal  Clooney to teach at Columbia Law School Empty Re: Amal Clooney to teach at Columbia Law School

Post by Sevens Sat 07 Mar 2015, 02:43

"It is an honor to be invited as a visiting professor at Columbia Law School alongside such a distinguished faculty and talented student pool," said Clooney in a statement. "I look forward to getting to know the next generation of human rights advocates studying here."
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Amal  Clooney to teach at Columbia Law School Empty Re: Amal Clooney to teach at Columbia Law School

Post by Donnamarie Sat 07 Mar 2015, 04:18

Thanks annemarie and Stevens.  This should be a great experience for her.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by / Sat 07 Mar 2015, 10:30

Perfectly timed as well, since George is working in NY too. Must have been one of the reasons why she accepted it.

/
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Sat 07 Mar 2015, 13:30

Being the wife of George Clooney certainly has its rewards.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 07 Mar 2015, 14:49

The university is already in the midst of their spring semester. The semester would be over by end of April/early May.  So I wonder if she is already lecturing there or will be eminently or the time referenced is wrong?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 07 Mar 2015, 15:10

It may be that she's giving only a couple of guest lectures.  The press makes it sound as if she's on staff for a semester.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 07 Mar 2015, 16:05

The announcement from the school said she will be lecturing so probably hasn't started yet. Good for her staying busy and close to her husband.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 07 Mar 2015, 16:23

Good for her. they're both working in NYC while manage to be together.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 07 Mar 2015, 17:14

NEW YORK --
George Clooney's wife is joining the faculty of Columbia University as a visiting lecturer.

Columbia announced Friday lawyer Amal Clooney will lecture on human rights this spring. She also will serve as a senior fellow with its law school's Human Rights Institute.

Clooney served as a senior adviser to Kofi Annan (KOH'-fee AN'-nan) when he was the U.N.'s envoy on Syria. She also represented WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange (ah-SAHNJ') in extradition proceedings.

Human Rights Institute co-director Sarah H. Cleveland says Clooney's "extensive experience" will enrich the experience of Columbia's students.

The Clooneys married in September. They're based in London, but he's filming "Money Monster" with Julia Roberts in New York this spring. Jodie Foster is directing.

Since when are they officially based in London?  Did I miss something??

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 07 Mar 2015, 18:21

She's the superior one in the relationship, so the story is based on where SHE is based.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 07 Mar 2015, 20:09

Visiting professor. I know lots of those. She'll give as few as three (and as many as whatever) lectures and moderate some practicums on a "special" basis. No grind of grading and course plans. This ain't The Paper Chase.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 07 Mar 2015, 20:39

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Visiting professor. I know lots of those. She'll give as few as three (and as many as whatever) lectures and moderate some practicums on a "special" basis. No grind of grading and course plans. This ain't The Paper Chase.

For those who remember The Paper Chase I don't think we're assuming she is going to have that kind of involvement at Columbia.  A visiting lecturer. Kinda of self explanatory.
Still a nice stint for her.  She has experience in the arena of lecturing so she'll probably feel very comfortable in this setting.   And as others here have said it gives her more to do while George is filming.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Sat 07 Mar 2015, 21:18

Cece42 wrote:Being the wife of George Clooney certainly has its rewards.

She has lectured at different university's in the past as well. Well before she ever met George. So....

kat19
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 07 Mar 2015, 21:33

Mm, doesn't she also lecture at SOAS, University of London, and Chapel Hill and somewhere else in NYC?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 07 Mar 2015, 21:39

party animal - not! wrote:Mm, doesn't she also lecture at SOAS, University of London, and Chapel Hill and somewhere else in NYC?

kat and PAN, yes she has.  That's what I meant by her prior experience.  This is certainly not a new endeavor for her and she was doing it BG (before George).  Very Happy
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 08 Mar 2015, 00:13

For all those who live stateside I just saw a segment on ABC Worlds News Tonight  reporting that  Amal will be a visiting lecturer at Columbia University.  They did "mention"  George.  Geez, I certainly didn't expect coverage by a national TV news organization.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 08 Mar 2015, 00:30

Celebrity is now news it drives my husband crazy , he picks up the paper and there is some dumb article about a celebrity instead of what is going on in the world.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Sun 08 Mar 2015, 01:43

On one news show they even called George, Mr. Amal, hmmm.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 08 Mar 2015, 14:35

Cece42 wrote:On one news show they even called George, Mr. Amal, hmmm.

Knowing how liberally minded George is, I don't think that would bother him.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 08 Mar 2015, 14:46

Joanna wrote:
Cece42 wrote:On one news show they even called George, Mr. Amal, hmmm.

Knowing how liberally minded George is, I don't think that would bother him.

I agree.  I don't think George minds at all.  I think he has perpetuated some of this talk himself.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 06 Apr 2015, 20:33

Thanks donnamarie, I moved your post to a new thread

Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down