George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Why would George be in this Relationship? - Page 2 EmptyToday at 11:48 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Why would George be in this Relationship? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Why would George be in this Relationship? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Why would George be in this Relationship? - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Why would George be in this Relationship? - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Why would George be in this Relationship? - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Why would George be in this Relationship? - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Why would George be in this Relationship? - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Why would George be in this Relationship? - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Why would George be in this Relationship?

+22
it's me
MM
party animal - not!
Joanna
globalchick
Clooney
watching
Lighterside
socimar
Atalante
Stonehenge who?
Dexterdidit
blubelle
fava
sisieq
melbert
Katiedot
lolo"layla"
lelacorb
lucy
fluffy
bellybaby
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why would George be in this Relationship? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why would George be in this Relationship?

Post by melbert Sun 15 May 2011, 21:10

Clooney, sometimes reading about George gives us all a headache. Invest in the largest size Ibuprofen you can find!

Clooney1970, it's from The American.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Why would George be in this Relationship? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why would George be in this Relationship?

Post by watching Mon 16 May 2011, 00:10

So the UN gig was just another endorsement deal??? It was just another PR angle to get him more press??
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 16 May 2011, 00:15

OMP Watching. I certainly hope not. He got alot of PR for it, but I want to believe that what he does with his humanitarian side, is purely from the heart.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 16 May 2011, 00:30

How about the other UN Ambassadors, are their private lives scrutinized as closely as George's? Just saying aren't there some with some private scandals of their own?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Mon 16 May 2011, 10:04

Ahhhhhhh! the nude dancing sequence!!! My absolute fav!! Still, in the American, I don't remember a full butt shot, but we do see some "fluffy" bits!! and also they way Gee pulls Clara the prossy across the bed, I wish!!!!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 16 May 2011, 14:24

watching wrote:So the UN gig was just another endorsement deal??? It was just another PR angle to get him more press??

If you're referring to my post, that's not at all what I said. I said he isn't a paid politician and whatever press and attention he brings to the crisis at hand is the ONLY function he and every other UN Messenger is supposed to perform. They have no power to make decisions about anything regarding the crisis at hand that they represent in the media. Their JOB is to focus public attention on the crisis nothing more, nothing less. They didn't pick George to be a UN Messenger for his political negotiating skills, they chose him because of his name recognition and the media attention he gets just walking across a street.

So in essence I guess we can say it your way, but then it would be more accurate to say that it is the UN who is using these celebrities to wh*re them out for publicity for the atrocities they want to call the public's attention to around the world.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 30 Sep 2012, 05:05

While looking for something else I came across this old thread. I'd forgotten how some thought that Canalis was a faked, contract-only relationship. Certainly that was also said that about Sarah Larson and, of course, Stacy Keibler.

18 months down the road and with a new girlfriend on his arm but the same old accusations flowing, has anyone here changed their mind?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick Sun 30 Sep 2012, 16:02

You know George made a big mistake with this one. Either that or she was just the straw that broke the camels back with the American public. Because everyone is openly calling these girls contract women now - they NEVER did that to quite the same extent before. Yes I remember murmurings of contract women before but now the social media are ALL talking about it openly. George has just pushed it too far and Stan Rosenfield has not been advising him well. The American public are not nearly as stupid as George thinks they are.

It's clear that George is dating Stacey for the PR and to have someone to accompany him to Award ceremonies and premieres and also to keep the gay rumours at bay. I hope that Stan is following the social media backlash - he needs to tell George to at least make the next girl a Celine type - beautiful and appealing to the American public.

Remember the bulk of the audience for George's movies is WOMEN. And if they don't want to see his movies any more because they regard him as an ageing joke then his movies will be in ALOT of box office trouble. The female audience is important and George has to have an eye on it when conducting his private life. Rock Hudson knew that only too well. And Brad Pitt also lost a huge amount of his female fan base when he cheated on his wife and left her for Jolie. I've never paid to see one of Brad's movies since....

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 30 Sep 2012, 16:56

Ok, let's play devil's advocate here: do you really think that George and his team are unaware of the fact that George's fan base have largely LOATHED his last three girlfriends, to the extent of openly saying they're contracted?

Because I don't think that's news to them, and yet George still picks badly (according to many of his fans, that is). And not only picks badly, but then fails to act in any way in love with them, which is surely what you'd expect if it was all fake.

I don't buy any of that conspiracy crap that George is forced against his will to date these women, so what would explain it in your opinion? Does he want to ruin his career?

[for what it's worth, I don't think his choice of girlfriends has or will affect his career. He's dated the same type for over a decade now and he's doing better than ever, professionally]

Last edited by Katiedot on Sun 30 Sep 2012, 17:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added another thought.)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 30 Sep 2012, 17:08

I don't think his love life would influence his career at all.
He's a very creative person and is growing in creative stature every year....IMO anyway.
That is borne out by his list of professional nominations and awards.
Maybe one or two posters here need to acquaint themselves with that list ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 30 Sep 2012, 17:13

Very well put, Katie. Never was the man more popular on many levels. And if he wants to date Stacy Keibler or A N Other because she has a great figure, makes him laugh or doesn't bore him or whinge, or he feels completely relaxed with etc etc then that is entirely his choice.

Other theories fill the column inches.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Sun 30 Sep 2012, 17:23

Hey, if George wants a "bed buddy," well, then, that is his choice. Whatever makes him happy.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 30 Sep 2012, 17:29

Maybe he just thinks that because he's stated "my personal life is personal" that, in his mind, it doesn't affect his professional life. He never, or rarely, speaks of any of his g/fs of the moment, unless directly asked. And then he's somewhat evasive - not like a man in love. Are they contracts? We'll probably never know for sure. Is it really love? Not so much. Does he "open the door" for them professionally? Not so much it seems. I think that maybe he seeks this type out for whatever HE needs them for and they get to live the life of a movie star's g/f. Win/Win for both of them? Not saying it's exactly right, but not really saying it's wrong. I don't feel sorry for these girls if they fall in love with him and think or expect more. I'm sure he tells them from the beginning "let's have some fun" and doesn't make any promises. AND, they're not that stupid that they haven't read about or know about his previous relationships. It's been said many times here and several other places that George's choices have been questionable to say the least. But, if he has no intentions of settling down (which I'm not saying he should), he still has every right to pick and choose whoever he wants to be with. Many think that he's a lecherous old fool and he just uses these girls. Well, apparently he is very good to them, whether it's his winning personality (and I mean that seriously) or a helluva big cash payoff, as we RARELY hear anything from them to lead us to believe otherwise. Until one of them speaks after a break-up, or George admits himself, the tabloids and even us, his fans, will continue to tear apart and criticize EVERY choice he makes. The younger they are and the older he gets will continue to be a joke to most. He will continue doing what HE WANTS TO DO because it's his personal life, and he doesn't talk about his personal life (much). JMVHAO

AND, I don't think he allows it to affect his professional life, as he continues to work and produce quality stuff, both inside and outside of Hollywood.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 30 Sep 2012, 17:43

Being totally realistic and removing all fanciful romantic ideas.....
Does anyone think he will NEVER find his perfect "forever" mate ?

Is he such a perfectionist that the word "compromise" is not in his vocabulary ?
After all, to make a relationship work "for ever" there has to be compromise of one sort or another.

Just some random Sunday afternoon thoughts.... lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 30 Sep 2012, 17:52

Is he such a perfectionist that the word "compromise" is not in his vocabulary ?

no
I guess no
some compromises are always needed
in your relationship life

his perfect "forever" mate ?
who knows....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 30 Sep 2012, 17:59

Joanna wrote: Being totally realistic and removing all fanciful romantic ideas.....
Does anyone think he will NEVER find his perfect "forever" mate ?
Obviously nobody can say what the future holds, but yes, I think it's possible.

He seems to arrange things specifically in order that he doesn't find a 'forever mate'.

For a long time I thought he'd do the Warren Beatty thing, but as time goes by, I think Jack Nicholson is a more likely role model [and I note that even Jack managed something pretty long term with Angelica Huston].

Whatever it is that's required to make a relationship work in the long term seems to be either missing from George's make up or is something he's just not willing to do. Whether that's the ability to compromise, or the subjugation of the ego, or the understanding that nothing and nobody is perfect, or the ability to truly love yourself . . . all these things - among others - go into making relationships work and I don't know which one(s) is/are lacking.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 30 Sep 2012, 19:15

He'll hire someone to change his diapers when it gets to that point but I don't see him ever marrying.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 30 Sep 2012, 19:26

Lorna...I think we should all do that and not expect our nearest and dearest to do it....Lol
May keep the friendship/love going longer !

Mentioning Jack Nicholson...has he ever done
a warts and all book ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 30 Sep 2012, 19:38

Found this on Amazon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sun 30 Sep 2012, 19:43

Good question – seems to be old one too!

Well, now there is plenty of experience having a girlfriend on the spot light…

I would look at it from the point of view “what would look like a real thing”?

Fact is it doesn’t matter who the next girl/woman is, she will experience public crucifixion the moment she steppes out with him. Her looks, age and past will be a disaster. This will kill the relationship in any case...

How to make it less so? Firstly she should not need him for her career boost. She should not appear alone promoting stuff. Maybe it would be wise for him to take her only other events than movie related red carpet things (less pictures and no comparison of hairs, makeups, dresses). That leaves him going alone Oscars etc. but and there is a thing, he can always talk about her to the press. So she is there without being there. Same with the magazine articles, they are not about her, and her pictures but about him, his pictures and just mentioning her. Major difference.

Occasionally they would have to be caught up “accidently” genuinely looking like a loving couple…just the two of them. It would have to look different than what has been seen so far.

Any information about her should be kept to minimum – reason to this is that she is a private person. Meaning she doesn’t talk to the press (or practically any other human being about her relationship, because it is the only way to control it.)

No one can argue that this is strange. It is normal. If he wants to take it slow and be careful before he gets to know her better – anyone can understand that.

Someone like that could be found among his old flames (not publicly known), or he has to find a new one.

Other option is to find someone who is “same caliber” meaning she is enjoying publicity, has a good career in entertainment industry and is equally wealthy and looks perfect and is well established with a good reputation.

From the former he can split less publicly than from the latter (if it does't work and so far it hasn't - right? ) Wink .

Or he stays single. And press will write about it wondering why so.

Or something else ?
sunny

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Coco Sun 30 Sep 2012, 19:52

Personally I think George is very aware that he is living a guy's fantasy life of dating young, hot women, and that he has no ambitions to do otherwise. He seems to me to be very aware that a mature, gounded man would want the support and satisfaction of a committed, long term relationship, and because he knows he is considered superficial by his dating choices that's why he's so uncomfortable talking about his personal life.

I think he prefers to date seemingly less intelligent women with less successful careers because he likes to have the upper hand and look after someone in a relationship. With what he's got to offer (namely money and an A-list life style) he would find it impossible to "look after" a successful actress or business woman; what could he possibly offer them? Most women want some sort of security in a relationship, not someone who's going to whisk them down a few red carpets here and there and disappear for weeks on filming locations etc.

He frequently quotes his Uncle George (is that right?) who when he was dying lamented "what a waste!" and that gave George the impetus to make something of his life. George's focus is to build a legacy of films he's proud of, and if he'd rather lie on his deathbed surrounded by DVDs he's proud of rather than children or grandchildren than so be it.

Coco
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 30 Sep 2012, 21:43

LornaDoone wrote:He'll hire someone to change his diapers when it gets to that point but I don't see him ever marrying.

it probably will come the diapers time

but I hope there will be
way more
in between!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 30 Sep 2012, 23:32

I sometimes wonder what George (and frankly most single men) think about when they first wake up in the morning.

Yawn!!

Ok, gotta get up the bladder's about to burst.

Shuffles to the bathroom, standing weaving in front of the toilet.

Shuffles to the mirror - looks up bleary-eyed and scratches his beard.

Yawns again.

Decides to shower then shave.

Gets dressed.

Coffee / eats / juice or not

Finally thinks hmm, wonder if I'll get laid today?

Ok, off to work will work on that later.

I think the last thing a single man thinks about is some woman until he gets to the point where he gets an itch in his crotch.

See married men have so much more to think about when they get up. If they have kids even more so - especially if they contribute to the day-to-day routine of getting those kids up, washed, dressed, fed and out the door for school.

So for George, a woman would be more of an after thought in the process of his life. His work has always been more important than any relationship.

So I sometimes wonder when he speaks about being lonely (whether in or out of a relationship) if he even scratches the surface of what that really is. I think he's one of those guys who can express themselves much better thru their craft than in real life relationships.

So all that "stuff" all those "emotions" all the messy difficult parts of being in a relationship just doesn't seem to be something George can handle. So he doesn't. Because he, unlike most men, has a seemingly unlimited supply of willing women who wouldn't mind jumping into the circus that is George's life.

Maybe when George gets older and isn't as attractive as now, maybe then he'll consider a relationship because the loneliness will become much more unbearable. But by that time, will anyone have him? Of course all this is just conjecture on my part. He could surprise the hell out of all of us - meet a gal - fall head over heels, trust her with his heart and decide to marry her.

I may never see it in my lifetime, but it could happen! Very Happy
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 30 Sep 2012, 23:41

Don't see any of the male species buying the 'lonely' tag!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear Mon 01 Oct 2012, 02:46

I think he is in this relationship with Stacy because his relationship with Eli ended quick and unexpectedly. He had a very busy premiere and award show season coming up and maybe didn't want to do it alone. I imagine he chose Stacy because she is quite the opposite of Eli....Eli 5'7 - Stacy 5'11, Eli dark- Stacy light, he couldn't get Eli to smile - he can't get Stacy to stop. It seems to me Stacy was allowed to advertise this relationship through twitter and some interviews early on and now does neither.

pandabear
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick Mon 01 Oct 2012, 11:27

Well, apparently he is very good to them, whether it's his winning personality (and I mean that seriously) or a helluva big cash payoff, as we RARELY hear anything from them to lead us to believe otherwise. Until one of them speaks after a break-up, or George admits himself, the tabloids and even us, his fans, will continue to tear apart and criticize EVERY choice he makes.

--------------

I'm afraid you are being a bit naive here. He would be making ALL of them sign a watertight CONFIDENTIALITY or a NON DISPARAGEMENT agreement when they sign their contract with him to be his "girlfriend" for a while. That is the ONLY reason they don't say anything negative about him. A non-disparagement agreement means they can talk about him but only in a positive way.

non-disparagement agreement

Definition
A contract between two parties that prohibits one party from criticizing the other. Typically used in an employment or dispute settlement contract.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 01 Oct 2012, 11:44

globalchick wrote: That is the ONLY reason they don't say anything negative about him.
You sound very sure about this. I don't mean about the NDA but about the fact that this is the only reason.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2