George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Ellen Barkin throws bridal shower for Amal Alamuddin - Page 2 EmptyToday at 20:43 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
Ellen Barkin throws bridal shower for Amal Alamuddin - Page 2 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Ellen Barkin throws bridal shower for Amal Alamuddin - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Ellen Barkin throws bridal shower for Amal Alamuddin - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Ellen Barkin throws bridal shower for Amal Alamuddin - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Ellen Barkin throws bridal shower for Amal Alamuddin - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Ellen Barkin throws bridal shower for Amal Alamuddin - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Ellen Barkin throws bridal shower for Amal Alamuddin - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Ellen Barkin throws bridal shower for Amal Alamuddin - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Ellen Barkin throws bridal shower for Amal Alamuddin

+26
fava
LornaDoone
Katiedot
premiere
Butterfly
theminis
bamboochacha
lelacorb
Doug Ross
Silje
George Fan
Joanna
PigPen
Alisonfan
phys major
Carolina Gal
melbert
Way2Old4Dis
LizzyNY
annemarie
party animal - not!
Sevens
The next mrs clooney
lionheart
it's me
Nicky80
30 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ellen Barkin throws bridal shower for Amal Alamuddin - Page 2 Empty Re: Ellen Barkin throws bridal shower for Amal Alamuddin

Post by The next mrs clooney Sat 02 Aug 2014, 10:28

party animal - not! wrote:Yep, TNMC, that's what I said yesterday. But I do think Ellen entertained them all, and it was a 'fittings-and-dins-do', and Mum and Amal stayed at His Nibs place at the Carlyle.

No need for Ellen to make up anything. Didn't she do really really well from her divorce from Ron Perelman?
She may have down well financially but her career completely tanked!  A way to keep her name relevant maybe?  Im sure they did have a dinner or something but I dont think it was a wedding shower in the traditional sense.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Ellen Barkin throws bridal shower for Amal Alamuddin - Page 2 Empty Re: Ellen Barkin throws bridal shower for Amal Alamuddin

Post by party animal - not! Sat 02 Aug 2014, 10:58

Yep. Just the sub-editors looking for a caption.........

No sure Ellen would be too concerned about her career - she's producer too

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sat 02 Aug 2014, 11:35

Ellen, Baria, Amal.  Where is George Clooney. He doesn't seem to have a starring role in his own life anymore. SAD  Sad 

It's not always like this, most ppl get married and get on with life.  GC's entrance on the stage of married bliss seems fraught and the cause of nit picking detail.  

Shame, I had hoped for better for him.  Maybe when you carry the burden of fame, your new spouse causes a reaction tp how your fame is perceived.

That, is an individual thing, and relates to personalities and what we are fed, and what we believe.  It does seem that some celebs just nail it, Charlene, Cheryl, Sophia and Joe, Ashton and Mila, Hugh Jackman and Debbie. George appears not to be one of them.

Sad

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 02 Aug 2014, 11:47

Sorry, but the hen is celebrated with close friends, friends ever! Boh!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 02 Aug 2014, 14:52

Way2Old4Dis wrote:George flew Amal and her mother in on the private jet, but they had to hop commercial with the commoners to get back, while he flew his mom and sister home privately.

That's my theory.
Had to hop commercial???  Oh Way 2, this was totally for publicity.  How else would the paps get their 'fix".  And the photos in Milan... commented on another thread- a couple of photos she has the left hand up against her chest to flash the ring.  Don't care/think this is one of her normal gestures. She's loving the attention and working it for all it's worth, wt loss or no wt loss.

As for his Nibs being ignored, so to speak, since the engagement.  No No No.  He's letting Amal have all the attention- if he wanted the spotlight, you think he wouldn't get it at the snap of his finger.  All orchestrated.  The flights, the shower.  All of it.  Getting rather pathetic, just my opinion.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 02 Aug 2014, 16:04

Pigpen - Have to disagree with you here. If this was all for publicity, don't you think there would have been a lot more coverage of the visit? Pictures on the way to/from Barkin's house? Pictures of the mothers and sisters? Nothing! The only shots are at the airport on her way out of NY - and now landing in Milan.

I think he's doing what most grooms do - getting on with his life and letting the bride have the spotlight. Orchestrated - not really. Just scheduling must-do tasks that need to get done before the wedding. Unfortunately for them the whole world is watching.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 02 Aug 2014, 16:06

regarding your first paragraph..don't give out too much, leave them asking for more.

let's agree to disagree  Wink

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 02 Aug 2014, 16:37

Pigpen - Agreed Very Happy !
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Sun 03 Aug 2014, 04:05

[hate comment deleted by Katiedot]
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 03 Aug 2014, 04:38

Barkin was born in the Bronx, a borough of New York City, New York, the daughter of Evelyn (née Rozin), a hospital administrator who worked at Jamaica Hospital, and Sol Barkin, a chemical salesman.  Barkin was raised in a lower-middle-class Jewish family, a descendant of immigrants from Siberia and the Belarusian-Polish border.

Barkin has also stated on Twitter that she is an atheist.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 03 Aug 2014, 10:52

Bamboochacha - do you normally make such ill informed generalisations!!!

Your comment in itself is quite hateful
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sun 03 Aug 2014, 11:21

Our Hero GC always sends out positive messages as to religious tolerance and generally, acceptance of all people regardless of race, nationality etc etc.

People usually like people with the same/similar mindset. Therefore, I believe that we, GC fans, share the same values and should be adamant in sending them out to the world.

It is evident how human relations are fragile and how wars start when intelligent people are silent.

Therefore, I would kindly like to ask posters to be sensitive and observant of these ideas and set their minds on higher things.

Hug1
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 03 Aug 2014, 11:25

Give Flowers   Hug1 
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 03 Aug 2014, 13:42

Butterfly wrote:Our Hero GC always sends out positive messages as to religious tolerance and generally, acceptance of all people regardless of race, nationality etc etc.

People usually like people with the same/similar mindset. Therefore, I believe that we, GC fans, share the same values and should be adamant in sending them out to the world.

It is evident how human relations are fragile and how wars start when intelligent people are silent.

Therefore, I would kindly like to ask posters to be sensitive and observant of these ideas and set their minds on higher things.

Hug1

Oh Butterfly....what a simply refreshingly positively perfect post to read.

Thank You.  10 out of 10 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 03 Aug 2014, 14:01

All else aside, I would think a bridal shower would be the last place to discuss politics.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Sun 03 Aug 2014, 14:33

Where I live, bridal showers are mostly for the purpose of giving engaged couples gifts (mostly practical) to get them started in their lives together.
What in the world would you buy these two? A toaster? tablecloths? Sexy negligee? Baking items? I'd be having a tough time shopping if I was invited to this event.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 03 Aug 2014, 14:39

I would buy George a sushi maker (if that exist)  Razz Razz Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 03 Aug 2014, 15:36

Yes, it's called Nobu.

Sorry, nicky, couldn't resist.

Back to the bridal shower thing - something I'm not all that familiar with - is there really a rule that you can only have one and it has to be given by people close to you? I'm asking because it sounds as though it was a get together arranged by a friend of George's for his fiancee and I do'nt get the impression it was that big a deal.

It seems to me on planet celebrity that anyone can hold an event for anyone else on all sorts of random reasons. If it were a hen party then I'd really question it, but as it is, it just sounds like an excuse for some people to get together and have a bit of fun one evening.

On another note, it must be weird for Amal for complete strangers to host parties for you, don't you guys think?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 03 Aug 2014, 16:01

Totally agree, Katie, but I have a feeling she knows many more people than we think, and Ellen Barkin was seen in Como in early July so no doubt they've already met. And she was probably asked who she'd like at the dinner.

And I noticed the other day, through a human rights website, that Sia Sanna was at the helm of that particular charity, is a professor of law at Yale - and married to John Prendergast........can't remember the name of the charity. Mazy?.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 03 Aug 2014, 16:02

Nicky80 wrote:I would buy George a sushi maker (if that exist)  Razz Razz Razz

They do exist.

More than you ever wanted to know about automated sushi!  HA!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Sun 03 Aug 2014, 16:26

So are there haven't been any pics at all of Amal out with friends. Usually with women that age, there are lots of facebook/instagram pics at parties, bars, etc. that have been taken throughout the years. I'm surprised that these haven't surfaced. I don't mean inappropriate-just her out with her friends having fun. Is it possible that she doesn't socialize a lot, or have a lot of friends? Is it also possible that George asked Ellen to host a party for her, especially if she needed to be in New York?  Also, Cindy Crawford and his other good women friends have been very quiet about this.  I'm getting an impression here that she's either introverted, or not social. Goes back to "What does he see in her except her brains?" I hope this doesn't come across as catty. I'm just trying to figure her out.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 03 Aug 2014, 16:34

She must have spent a LOT of time with her studies - law degrees require a LOT of study and research. 

But as katie mentioned, she's not a famous person so lots of pap pictures of her might not be available.

I didn't take a lot of pictures when I was out partying with friends. This is just new phenomenon in the world of smart phones and selfies.

We were out partying and unless it was a special occasion like a birthday, we didn't spend much time taking pictures of ourselves.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 03 Aug 2014, 16:40

Premiere, my understanding is that she did have Twitter and FB, but they have since closed.  George?  Stan?  who knows? 

Also, I know it's just me, and I certainly am being catty, but could we change the blog page of the forum to REMOVE Ellen Barkin's mug?  I don't like that woman for a whole lot of reasons, and since this format has changed and it comes up with the blog page every time I come here, it's the first thing I see and it turns my stomach.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Sun 03 Aug 2014, 16:43

I know lots of women that age group, and for years now every time they're out they are taking and posting pictures. It's even started becoming common in us older folks! I also think that any info. or pics on Ms. Alamuddin would be a hot commodity right now. Surprised that no one has provided anything to the press. Not being argumentative here - I'm just bored. LOL

Maybe she's been a workaholic. She sounds like just a ball of fun.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sun 03 Aug 2014, 16:53

premiere wrote:So are there haven't been any pics at all of Amal out with friends. Usually with women that age, there are lots of facebook/instagram pics at parties, bars, etc. that have been taken throughout the years. I'm surprised that these haven't surfaced. I don't mean inappropriate-just her out with her friends having fun. Is it possible that she doesn't socialize a lot, or have a lot of friends? Is it also possible that George asked Ellen to host a party for her, especially if she needed to be in New York?  Also, Cindy Crawford and his other good women friends have been very quiet about this.  I'm getting an impression here that she's either introverted, or not social. Goes back to "What does he see in her except her brains?" I hope this doesn't come across as catty. I'm just trying to figure her out.

Howard Stern met her at a party at Cabo over New Year's and said he talked to her for an hour and she was funny and smart. Doesn't sound shy to me. Barrister is also probably not the branch of law you would choose if you are shy--lots of public speaking.

I thought a first there would be lots of such photos to surface.  I think we all have them to some extent.  She must have some very loyal friends.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sun 03 Aug 2014, 17:53

Joanna wrote:
Butterfly wrote:Our Hero GC always sends out positive messages as to religious tolerance and generally, acceptance of all people regardless of race, nationality etc etc.

Hug1

Oh Butterfly....what a simply refreshingly positively perfect post to read.

Thank You.   10 out of 10 

Thanks Joanna for your support  Very Happy And to you Nicky for flowers&hugs  Give Flowers2
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 03 Aug 2014, 18:27

melbert wrote:Premiere, my understanding is that she did have Twitter and FB, but they have since closed.  George?  Stan?  who knows? 

Also, I know it's just me, and I certainly am being catty, but could we change the blog page of the forum to REMOVE Ellen Barkin's mug?  I don't like that woman for a whole lot of reasons, and since this format has changed and it comes up with the blog page every time I come here, it's the first thing I see and it turns my stomach.

Ok removed Ellen's pic in the blog....don't want you to have a bad stomach Vomit 1   Amal is better to look at  Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 03 Aug 2014, 18:28

LornaDoone wrote:

They do exist.

More than you ever wanted to know about automated sushi!  HA!

LOL!  Coolio  now i want one for myself..... Laughing
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 03 Aug 2014, 18:35

LornaDoone wrote:She must have spent a LOT of time with her studies - law degrees require a LOT of study and research. 

But as katie mentioned, she's not a famous person so lots of pap pictures of her might not be available.

I didn't take a lot of pictures when I was out partying with friends. This is just new phenomenon in the world of smart phones and selfies.

We were out partying and unless it was a special occasion like a birthday, we didn't spend much time taking pictures of ourselves.

Yes same here. I never did pics when I went out with friends and still today I don't do pics only if it's a birthday or something.

But I must say it is bit weird to leak that story to the press and not provide pics....So someone just want to tell us this happened? At least the source could have leaked what they have eaten LOL   Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sun 03 Aug 2014, 21:05

Couldn't this be as simple as it coming up during Ellen's Como visit that Amal would be in New York with her family this week, and Ellen inviting them for dinner?
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 03 Aug 2014, 22:08

Exactly, Missa. Throw in 'bridal shower' - and you have a story. Ta-da!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Mon 04 Aug 2014, 04:23

bamboochacha wrote:[hate comment deleted by Katiedot]
there was nothing hateful about it - just the facts.
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 04 Aug 2014, 09:11

Sorry but it was not "the facts". It was your opinion which came across offensive towards Amal and her family.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 04 Aug 2014, 14:04

Way off topic, but does anyone else think Cameron Diaz looks like Ellen Barkin?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 04 Aug 2014, 17:16

Katiedot wrote:Yes, it's called Nobu.

Back to the bridal shower thing - something I'm not all that familiar with - is there really a rule that you can only have one and it has to be given by people close to you?  I'm asking because it sounds as though it was a get together arranged by a friend of George's for his fiancee and I do'nt get the impression it was that big a deal.  

It seems to me on planet celebrity that anyone can hold an event for anyone else on all sorts of random reasons.  If it were a hen party then I'd really question it, but as it is, it just sounds like an excuse for some people to get together and have a bit of fun one evening.

On another note, it must be weird for Amal for complete strangers to host parties for you, don't you guys think?
Katiedot... a bridal shower is typically hosted by the maid/matron of honor.  And certainly more than 1 can be held.  One for her side of the family, one for the groom's ( in which a sister or mother would host). Esp if it's a big wedding.  Way back when... it was a surprise party.  With everyone's schedule so busy,now, often the bride is consulted as to what would be a good day/time for her.  Then, it would be considered a luncheon. tea/dinner.  By the way- most brides,or rather all brides, at least in the states, expect a shower. Don't know if Amal's family/culture does showers, but here in the States, if a bride doesn't have a bridal shower in her honor, it pretty much states the bride is a major loser.  Thus perhaps the NY  party.  Hope this clarifies things for you.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 04 Aug 2014, 17:41

Nicky....would it be a fun idea to have thread of what we would get
George for a wedding gift ?
Especially if we quoted our reason for the choice too ?

What do you think ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Mon 04 Aug 2014, 17:59

PigPen wrote:
Katiedot wrote:Yes, it's called Nobu.

Back to the bridal shower thing - something I'm not all that familiar with - is there really a rule that you can only have one and it has to be given by people close to you?  I'm asking because it sounds as though it was a get together arranged by a friend of George's for his fiancee and I do'nt get the impression it was that big a deal.  

It seems to me on planet celebrity that anyone can hold an event for anyone else on all sorts of random reasons.  If it were a hen party then I'd really question it, but as it is, it just sounds like an excuse for some people to get together and have a bit of fun one evening.

Katiedot... a bridal shower is typically hosted by the maid/matron of honor.  And certainly more than 1 can be held.  One for her side of the family, one for the groom's ( in which a sister or mother would host). Esp if it's a big wedding.  Way back when... it was a surprise party.  With everyone's schedule so busy,now, often the bride is consulted as to what would be a good day/time for her.  Then, it would be considered a luncheon. tea/dinner.  By the way- most brides,or rather all brides, at least in the states, expect a shower. Don't know if Amal's family/culture does showers, but here in the States, if a bride doesn't have a bridal shower in her honor, it pretty much states the bride is a major loser.  Thus perhaps the NY  party.  Hope this clarifies things for you.
 From my experience the bridal shower is an american thing.  I can't remember anyone i know from the Uk having one.  In the UK you usually have a hen night only (bachelorette party if in the US).  Also in the US some showers are actually jack and Jill showers which means both the bride and groom attend and all their friends rather than the womens only bridal shower.  To me its a rip off, you have to buy shower gifts then you have to buy a wedding gift.  Great if you're the one getting married but gets expensive if you're a guest!
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 04 Aug 2014, 18:07

Oh my golly tnmc... 1 out of 10 

I thought the "shower gifts" counted as the
"wedding gifts" too ???

I'd be too embarrassed to accept all that from
family & friends.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 04 Aug 2014, 18:27

Agree, Jo.

And isn't there a tradition of a rehearsal dinner in the US too?

Often in the Uk there isn't a hen party,(think it just started when the stag parties involved trips abroad), more just dinner but not a must-do event

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Mon 04 Aug 2014, 18:52

Joanna wrote:Oh my golly tnmc... 1 out of 10 

I thought the "shower gifts" counted as the
"wedding gifts" too ???

I'd be too embarrassed to accept all that from
family & friends.
no they are separate gifts and it is usually expected that both gifts are purchased from their wedding registry.  Its a good deal for the bride and groom thats for sure.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Mon 04 Aug 2014, 18:54

party animal - not! wrote:Agree, Jo.

Often in the Uk there isn't a hen party,(think it just started when the stag parties involved trips abroad), more just dinner but not a must-do event
Now hen parties are starting to go abroad too, they dont want to miss out on what the stags get to do!!  Someone I know just went to Ibiza for hers.  Fortunately I am friends with the groom so didn't have to fork out that expense  Very Happy
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Mon 04 Aug 2014, 19:22

Rehearsal dinners are usually just wedding party and immediate family. The bride and groom do not receive gifts but they generally give gifts to their wedding party at these dinners.
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 04 Aug 2014, 20:03

Joanna wrote:

Nicky....would it be a fun idea to have thread of what we would get
George for a wedding gift ?
Especially if we quoted our reason for the choice too ?

What do you think ?

Here it is  Very Happy 

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 04 Aug 2014, 20:53

The next mrs clooney wrote:
party animal - not! wrote:Agree, Jo.

Now hen parties are starting to go abroad too, they dont want to miss out on what the stags get to do!!  Someone I know just went to Ibiza for hers.  Fortunately I am friends with the groom so didn't have to fork out that expense  Very Happy

Well done you then ! LOL

It's a lucrative business for the retailers too.
Mind you I do have sympathy for the young first timers
nowadays. Wedding gifts are almost a necessity these days because
if they want to buy a house/flat then they have to find a shed load of money
for a deposit before they can get a mortgage.
If they've been to uni they have to pay back to the Government all the fees etc.
if they get job and earn over a certain amount.
So maybe the wedding shower gifts PLUS wedding day gifts tradition will
catch on here soon to help them out !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 04 Aug 2014, 23:46

Joanna - Newlyweds here are in the same situation as in the UK. They usually don't have much money and have a boatload of debt if they went to college. Unless they are registered at some store(s) for gifts (which the bride usually gets at her shower), the usual wedding gift these days is money. Weddings are so expensive that guests are expected to give at least enough to cover the cost of their dinner, if not more.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 05 Aug 2014, 17:22

PigPen wrote:Katiedot... a bridal shower is typically hosted by the maid/matron of honor.  And certainly more than 1 can be held.  One for her side of the family, one for the groom's ( in which a sister or mother would host). Esp if it's a big wedding.  Way back when... it was a surprise party.  With everyone's schedule so busy,now, often the bride is consulted as to what would be a good day/time for her.  Then, it would be considered a luncheon. tea/dinner.  By the way- most brides,or rather all brides, at least in the states, expect a shower. Don't know if Amal's family/culture does showers, but here in the States, if a bride doesn't have a bridal shower in her honor, it pretty much states the bride is a major loser.  Thus perhaps the NY  party.  Hope this clarifies things for you.
Many thanks, that does clear up a lot!

Joanna wrote:I thought the "shower gifts" counted as the
"wedding gifts" too ???
Ouch! I'd have kind have thought the same thing. Or at least (as it would eventually occur to me that you can't go empty handed to both events) that the bridal shower gift would be something small, not something from the bridal registry.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 05 Aug 2014, 17:27

Interesting information here about bridal showers. The History is interesting.

Introduction

Bridal shower

A bridal shower traditionally involves giving gifts to the future wife.
A bridal shower is a gift-giving party held for a bride-to-be in anticipation of her wedding. The custom originated in the 1890s and is today most common in the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

The history of the custom is rooted not necessarily for the provision of goods for the upcoming matrimonial home,
but to provide goods and financial assistance to ensure the wedding may take place.

lol!  ......So.... Dad's are involved in order to get rid of their Daughters  lol! )

More recently, Men are present at bridal showers.

Contents
History
Customs and gift-giving
Hosts
Guests
Prevalence
See also
References
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 05 Aug 2014, 22:21

I don't want to start a new thread for this, so I'm going rogue in this one.

George has to pull off a 1950's look for filming starting in the fall. Then he jumps into a modern-day tale. Makes me wonder what he'll look like for his own supposed-to-be-coming-up-but-prove-it-to-me wedding.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 05 Aug 2014, 23:47

But I think George has managed more than that before in the past W2OFT.
Syriana followed by Good Night and Good Luck come to mind, and that was when he was suffering from his injury making Syriana.

The camera loves George Clooney IMO.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 06 Aug 2014, 01:43

I think that will be a great look for him .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next