George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
physical appearance does it really matter EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
physical appearance does it really matter EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
physical appearance does it really matter EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
physical appearance does it really matter EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
physical appearance does it really matter EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
physical appearance does it really matter EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
physical appearance does it really matter EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
physical appearance does it really matter EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
physical appearance does it really matter EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

physical appearance does it really matter

+18
it's me
Rose
lelacorb
Lighterside
Nicky80
sparkie
Mazy
Pita428
theminis
melbert
Way2Old4Dis
Joanna
LizzyNY
LornaDoone
catwoman
Jenn
PigPen
globalchick
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

physical appearance does it really matter Empty Re: physical appearance does it really matter

Post by globalchick Mon 30 Jun 2014, 10:07

Amal is really not a good choice for George. She has a rather hard face and many more nasty posters on other general entertainment forums say she looks like a drag queen. My opinion is that he was bitter about how fast Stacey moved on and proposed to Amal out of spite and bitterness towards Stacey and because he began to feel weird about STILL being single and being made fun of at the Oscars/Golden Globes.

I think he's making a big mistake with Amal. Celine Balitran was always my favourite of George's girlfriends and she was genuinely beautiful AND university educated. Amal is just not very attractive and has a very hard face.

I don't know why George is doing this but I think there are definitely other factors in his thinking behind this engagement and marriage. He does not look at all like he is in love with her as he did when he was with Celine who IMO was the love of his life. If you look at his past girlfriend choices they were at least sexually attractive which Amal is not.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

physical appearance does it really matter Empty Re: physical appearance does it really matter

Post by PigPen Mon 30 Jun 2014, 15:01

globalchick, let me get this straight,  you believe she's not a good choice, based on your opinion of her physical appearance/assets or lack of them??    Monday morning, time to be a bit bitchy--- just how beautiful are you??

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenn Mon 30 Jun 2014, 16:13

I respect him, and his decision.  Not worthy And respect his fiancee
---->MattDamon told People, "Anyone who has met Amal isn't surprised"

..love u George!
 Love4
Jenn
Jenn
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Mon 30 Jun 2014, 16:56

She really is not an attractive woman. She has no body. Or George today puts the beauty in the background, or there is other interest in dating 

I really do not know what to think
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 30 Jun 2014, 22:06

Why is someone's PHYSICAL APPEARANCE so important?

I find it sad that these sentiments are coming from what I believe to be women.

Amazing in this or any day and age.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 30 Jun 2014, 22:57

Lorna - You've made me stop and think about this. I think Amal is an attractive woman, although not beautiful. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and if George thinks she is beautiful that's all that matters. I think many fans think any woman he's with must meet their standards of absolute perfection becuse they think that's what he deserves. Well, nobody's perfect - including him.

I was thinking that our society places such a high value on looks right now that we're all conditioned to judge people on their appearance. But different cultures have different ideas of what's beautiful. Really, who are we to judge? And yet we do. Maybe it's biological, I don't know. I do know we should try to be kind. None of us would like to be discussed the way she is.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 30 Jun 2014, 23:10

Exactly my point.

I have issue with her ACTIONS just as I had issue with many of his previous girlfriend's actions but I made a point (for the most part) not to discuss their looks unless I had positive comments to make.

The same with Amal.  I have issue with some of her views and actions but I will always refrain from making any negative comments about her looks.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 30 Jun 2014, 23:15

LornaDoone wrote:Why is someone's PHYSICAL APPEARANCE so important?

I find it sad that these sentiments are coming from what I believe to be women.

Amazing in this or any day and age.

May I say "How refreshing at last" Lorna. Thank you.

I've been dismayed and even disgusted
over the 2.5 years I've been here at some of the negative
and even cruel comments about George's lady of choice,
especially coming from so called female fans.
I realise we can't all agree all of the time but some past
and present comments are just plain offensive. Period.

I think they're just written for effect, hoping for a battle.
As you say Lorna, just sad....but so predictable.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 30 Jun 2014, 23:27

I have a wide ass and thick thighs. My hair is thinning and my eyebrows are gone, from age and cancer treatment. (Speaking of which, I'm about a quart low on breast tissue on one side.) No matter how strong my 'core' is, I have a pooch at the lower part of my abdomen that refuses to be exercised away. I have the ugliest feet in the natural world. My eyes are bad. My teeth could be whiter.

And yet, on my bucket list, right between visiting the world's most beautiful libraries and attending baseball spring training, is "Dry hump George Clooney."

I am giving you all not only a head start, but permission, to tear me apart when I reach this particular item on my list. Because as I am in the process of crossing it off, I will give not one single fuck what anyone says.

I'm only half kidding.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 30 Jun 2014, 23:39

Way2Old4Dis wrote:I have a wide ass and thick thighs. My hair is thinning and my eyebrows are gone, from age and cancer treatment. (Speaking of which, I'm about a quart low on breast tissue on one side.) No matter how strong my 'core' is, I have a pooch at the lower part of my abdomen that refuses to be exercised away. I have the ugliest feet in the natural world. My eyes are bad. My teeth could be whiter.

And yet, on my bucket list, right between visiting the world's most beautiful libraries and attending baseball spring training, is "Dry hump George Clooney."

I am giving you all not only a head start, but permission, to tear me apart when I reach this particular item on my list. Because as I am in the process of crossing it off, I will give not one single fuck what anyone says.

I'm only half kidding.

I was taking a sip from my iced tea and I AGAIN spit it out.

Shit!

ROTFLMAO!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 01 Jul 2014, 00:17

Crap - I was laughing at the dry hump comment - not the cancer treatments.  Sorry.  Hope all is in remission!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 01 Jul 2014, 00:28

No need to be sorry. I'm good. Kicking cancer's mutant ass.

Glad I could make you laugh so hard.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 01 Jul 2014, 00:46

WE are all beautiful on here ladies.

flower 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 01 Jul 2014, 01:51

catwoman wrote:She really is not an attractive woman. She has no body. Or George today puts the beauty in the background, or there is other interest in dating 

before you type?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 01 Jul 2014, 01:54

LOL Mel LOL
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Tue 01 Jul 2014, 02:01

George is kind of like that perfect older brother some of have. No woman will ever be good enough.
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 01 Jul 2014, 03:42

Way you are most diffidently a beautiful woman. A women that picks apart another woman because of her God given features is in my opinion a very ugly and vile person.So I try to ignore them and by the way they couldn't hold a candle to you. God Bless.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 01 Jul 2014, 04:38

Way2Old - I was going to say that I think you are beautiful, but Mazy beat me to it. I hope you kick cancer's ass and cross off every item on your bucket list - especially George! (Just take a couple of pictures to share with the rest of us.) Very Happy 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 01 Jul 2014, 06:18

melbert wrote:
catwoman wrote:She really is not an attractive woman. She has no body. Or George today puts the beauty in the background, or there is other interest in dating 

before you type?

Mel LMAO!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 01 Jul 2014, 09:51

melbert wrote:

before you type?

You a sharp lady Mel....gave me a morning smile !

Coolio Coolio Coolio 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Tue 01 Jul 2014, 10:57

Seem to remember only a few short months calling some of the people that felt it necessary to make such awful comments regarding Amal's physical appearance, and yet here we are again.... talk about wash, rinse repeat. I challenged them then to post a picture so we could point out their faults, and if I remember only one brave soul did so, but to all you other cowards who didn't, but still feel the need to continue down this road    BITE ME    you don't need to post any picture because ugly words come from ugly, nasty people.
sparkie
sparkie
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 01 Jul 2014, 11:12

May I make a suggestion?

For every nasty/spiteful/negative comment about Amal's appearance, we make sure that there are two Positive /Complimentary/Normal comments about Amal's appearance.

I don't mean in a sycophantic manner, but as we would do if talking face to face
about a friend or colleague.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 01 Jul 2014, 11:20

sparkie wrote:Seem to remember only a few short months calling some of the people that felt it necessary to make such awful comments regarding Amal's physical appearance, and yet here we are again.... talk about wash, rinse repeat. I challenged them then to post a picture so we could point out their faults, and if I remember only one brave soul did so, but to all you other cowards who didn't, but still feel the need to continue down this road    BITE ME    
you don't need to post any picture because ugly words come from ugly, nasty people.

Very true sparkie.

Maybe it's time for Katie or a Mod to re post RULE 3
on all the Amal threads ?
This is a nice friendly George Clooney forum and I for one don't want it to
become like that "Toxic other place" ....Oh No.....
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Tue 01 Jul 2014, 12:09

Joanna really don't know how the Mods will deal with this issue. But I have to be honest I don't like Amal there is something just not right about her/family/choices/George and her etc. But if I had to say something nice about her it is this being an Aquarian like her I do like some and I mean some of her choices in clothing. My mother when I was younger use to call me her phsycadelic (sorry can't find the dictionary) kid, so I do get her quirkiness.
sparkie
sparkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 01 Jul 2014, 12:20

Well it says (mostly) friendly George Clooney Fan site....LOL

I agree with all of you but some people just don't like her and can post they negative opinions if they like as long as it is not insulting. I know that even some negative comments are not appreciated but unfortunately everyone can share they opinion in this forum. We do not have to agree with it and some know how to response to it (Good job Melbert  Thumbs up! ) but we can not forbid negative comments.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Tue 01 Jul 2014, 12:31

@Mel....nice one! LMAO...

Maybe it would be better for us to not respond at all to the nasty comments.  I think half the attraction for those making them is getting a rise out of all of us! 

"Stupid is, as stupid does" as the saying goes....but there's no accounting for rude, unwarranted behavior.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 01 Jul 2014, 12:35

Yes agree with you. Better to ignore those comment. Some posters just like to get attention and an reaction from us.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 01 Jul 2014, 12:36

Normally you attended a forum to discuss and not just to weave praises the "hymns" are sung in church.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Tue 01 Jul 2014, 12:39

hmm so ridiculing someone's physical appearance is not insulting, okay how about demeaning. rude, cruel, low vile nasty cowards. There is a big difference between insulting and negative, but of course that is jmo!
sparkie
sparkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 01 Jul 2014, 12:47

Yes there is a big difference. Just because some negative comments some here don't like doesn't make them insulting. As you said there is a difference and a fine line. And we do comment on George "physical appearance" too. there is nothing wrong with it. Some like what they see some don't. And in the forum you can discuss it. Or ignore those comments you don't like. And if rules get broken and comments start to be insulting Katiedot and the mods know who to catch those and handle it.

I know it is hard to accept other opinions especially when they come across really harsh (and I personally don't like it either) but that's the world we live in. Nothing is just pink and sunny.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 01 Jul 2014, 12:51

I've never read anything ridiculous maybe you want a forum where people have to write only what 'that's pleasing others or read a discussion forum?
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 01 Jul 2014, 13:46

I never suggested "banning" negative comments, I just thought the decent thing would be to try to redress the balance regarding comments about Amal's appearance.
Most of us are nice ladies here aren't we ?

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 01 Jul 2014, 14:13

I try to follow the old saying "Think before you speak" - or in this case - post. I'm not a big Amal fan, as most of you know. I don't think she's ugly, I like a lot of her clothes but there are other things I'm not so sure of and don't like.

Whenever I find myself ready to post something nasty about her - and I'm not proud of how often it happens - I type my littlle heart out and then stop and read what I've said - several times. Am I being nasty? Am I just venting or having a bad day and taking it out on Amal? Would I be insulted if someone said this about me?[b]

Usually I end up editing a lot out of my post. Sometimes it takes forever, but in the end what I send out is much less offfensive. I don't believe in always being politically correct because you can't please everyone, but I do believe in being kind - or at least civil.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Tue 01 Jul 2014, 14:30

Exactly Lizzy...people don't seem to realize that "our words" are the only representation of us in this format and therefore, the only "reflection" to the other posters/readers of who we are as people because there's very little occasion for any of us to have other forms of contact.   So we form opinions about each other based upon our choice of words and how we participate here.  Hence the attitude that your words are more of a reflection of who you are, rather than the person you're complimenting or ridiculing.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Tue 01 Jul 2014, 17:03

I'm sorry if anyone was offended about what I wrote about Amal, though I think very strange person take the pain of others who do not even know of its existence. As I said before, from the time you date a famous person, you become exposed and subject to criticism. I do not think she's an attractive woman, is just my opinion, I will not lie to please others and I think in a forum, there should be different opinions, so if there is a discussion, if not, what is the purpose?
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Tue 01 Jul 2014, 17:25

sparkie wrote: me lembro de apenas alguns meses curtos chamando algumas das pessoas que sentiu a necessidade de fazer os comentários terríveis sobre a aparência física de Amal, e ainda aqui estamos nós de novo .... falar sobre lavagem, enxágüe repetição. Eu desafiei-os, em seguida, para postar uma foto para que pudéssemos apontar suas falhas, e se eu me lembro apenas uma alma corajosa assim o fez, mas para todos vocês, outros covardes que não, mas ainda sentem a necessidade de continuar por este caminho     BITE ME     você não precisa colocar qualquer imagem, porque palavras feias vêm de pessoas feias, desagradáveis.

What one thing has to do with the other? not us who are dating George Clooney, I think our appearance does not matter.
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 01 Jul 2014, 17:43

Let's stop with these false gooders! Physical appearance does not matter? Matter, matter, those of you who has ever engaged or married to a person you thought  bad and that when you looked him,your hormones ran to commit suicide?
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Tue 01 Jul 2014, 17:49

NICKY80: I deleted your post as it was offensive

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Last edited by Nicky80 on Tue 01 Jul 2014, 18:35; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : deleted post)

Rose
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 01 Jul 2014, 17:53

I think the point that most people are trying to make is that obviously George's hormones haven't run to commit suicide, he finds her attractive, and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, so why keep harping on it? She's not attractive to you, but that's okay because you're not with her. See how that works?

I will make comments on how thin she is, because she seems to be wasting away with every successive photo. But her nose, eyes, whatever? Pfft. That's how she looks. Men fall in love with who they're attracted to; women are attracted to who they fall in love with. Whatever George likes, she has it. You can speculate on what that is, but denying she's attractive enough for him is just denying reality.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Tue 01 Jul 2014, 17:55

democracy???

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 01 Jul 2014, 17:55

It is funny when curtain kind of topics are discussed that you Angie30 and catwoman are not far to join and always the same timing...funny

Can we go back on topic now which is George and Amal in Laglio....thanks

Last edited by Nicky80 on Tue 01 Jul 2014, 18:35; edited 1 time in total
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 01 Jul 2014, 17:57

Way2Old4Dis wrote:I think the point that most people are trying to make is that obviously George's hormones haven't run to commit suicide, he finds her attractive, and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, so why keep harping on it? She's not attractive to you, but that's okay because you're not with her. See how that works?

I will make comments on how thin she is, because she seems to be wasting away with every successive photo. But her nose, eyes, whatever? Pfft. That's how she looks. Men fall in love with who they're attracted to; women are attracted to who they fall in love with. Whatever George likes, she has it. You can speculate on what that is, but denying she's attractive enough for him is just denying reality.
 Yeah Right
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Tue 01 Jul 2014, 17:58

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy 

what??

Rose

Back to top Go down

physical appearance does it really matter Empty physical appearance does it really matter

Post by Rose Tue 01 Jul 2014, 18:03

She will talk that Lela and I are the same person also Laughing  Laughing

Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 01 Jul 2014, 18:16

I have moved curtain post from the thread George and Amal in Laglio and created a separate thread. So we can continue to talk about this subject if you like.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 01 Jul 2014, 20:43

Good idea Nicky...your logical thinking is in action again.  Thumbs up! 

The old saying " Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"
is still true today. And a good job too for us
"Plain Janes" .....another British expression !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 01 Jul 2014, 20:48

Angie30 wrote:democracy???

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Perhaps you meant Freedom of Speech?  

Becuase this forum is not a democracy.  It's owned by one person, Katie.  And whatever her rules are - those are the rules.

If you don't like the rules, then there are a multitude of websites where you can go and post your diatribe over and over.  But on here, it's gotten old and tedious.

Here are the rules AGAIN for those who keep harping over and over and over again about Amal's looks:

1. No name calling.
We're not in school any more, so let's let go of the name calling. And that's the rule for whether you're talking to another poster or writing about someone in George's world. It's simple good manners and if you can't find a kind word to say about somebody, please understand that shows what sort of a person you really are.

2. No repetition
Everyone has the right to an opinion. Everyone. But you don't need to express it over and over and over and over again. Once is plenty. If someone disagrees with your views, you can explain yourself again, allow them to explain their point of view again and then you should both leave it.

3. About George's girlfriends
This house's opinion is that George can date who he wants, when he wants and any way he wants. As long as he isn't breaking the law, we're fine with it. Just because you wouldn't do something doesn't mean it's bad or wrong. Accept that there are many different ways of living a life and your way isn't the only right way.

If you feel the need to criticise, pick apart and bitch about someone you've never met and who's done you no harm, ask yourself why. Because what you write says more about you than it ever could about his girlfriend.

A quick word about freedom of speech. Contrary to popular belief freedom of speech doesn't mean you have the right to say what you want. In fact, freedom of speech actually means everyone has the right to say what they want. That includes people's right to disagree with what you said.

And finally a word about opinions. Opinions aren't sacred and just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it's precious or that nobody can disagree with you. Opinions can be wrong. Adding 'JMO' to the end of a post doesn't magically protect you from having anyone disagree with your opinion. All it means is that you're stating an opinion and not a fact.

And my final comment about "opinions" from the film Home For The Holidays":

"Well, opinions are like assholes, honey. Everybody's got one and everybody thinks everybody else's stinks"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 01 Jul 2014, 20:53

oh my !!!!  Smile 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 01 Jul 2014, 20:55

Yep very funny this asshole thing Yahooooo  Yahooooo  Yahooooo  Yahooooo

Last edited by Nicky80 on Tue 01 Jul 2014, 21:00; edited 1 time in total
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 01 Jul 2014, 20:58

Thank you Lorna for re-posting the rules.

And my final comment about "opinions" from the film Home For The Holidays":

"Well, opinions are like assholes, honey. Everybody's got one and everybody thinks everybody else's stinks"

Sofa bounce .....Great line !
(I really must get my DVD out and watch it !)
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next