George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney with Boys on bike ride to SanFrancisco? - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney with Boys on bike ride to SanFrancisco? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney with Boys on bike ride to SanFrancisco? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney with Boys on bike ride to SanFrancisco? - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney with Boys on bike ride to SanFrancisco? - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney with Boys on bike ride to SanFrancisco? - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney with Boys on bike ride to SanFrancisco? - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney with Boys on bike ride to SanFrancisco? - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney with Boys on bike ride to SanFrancisco? - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney with Boys on bike ride to SanFrancisco?

+21
Atalante
Missa
Way2Old4Dis
lelacorb
Katiedot
phys major
amaretti
Mazy
annemarie
PigPen
theminis
party animal - not!
Maggy
LornaDoone
hathaross
Pita428
it's me
Joanna
Nicky80
melbert
mel01
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George Clooney with Boys on bike ride to SanFrancisco? - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney with Boys on bike ride to SanFrancisco?

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 14 Jun 2014, 22:38

"Amal, I wish I could be there with you, but we've had this trip planned for months, and everybody sort of fit their schedules around mine, so it would really be lousy of me to back out."

"George, I understand. It's not as if I don't have things to do. I'm a big girl. Go and enjoy yourself. You've earned it."

That simple.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney with Boys on bike ride to SanFrancisco? - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney with Boys on bike ride to SanFrancisco?

Post by Missa Sun 15 Jun 2014, 00:42

LornaDoone wrote:Maybe this is his version of a bachelor party?  Just an extended one?

Better this than a night of drinking and debauchery with a bunch of strippers.

And I have to disagree.  I think two mature (mentally) people who trust each other have no issue with the other vacationing with friends.  I don't see this as a potential marriage crisis at all.

I see this as two people who trust each other going about their business and still seeing their friends without it being something that creates discourse in a marriage.

Or as George calls it, "The last 20 years."   Cool
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 15 Jun 2014, 01:17

Well I guess you do have a point Missa.   Very Happy
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

George Clooney with Boys on bike ride to SanFrancisco? - Page 2 Empty redundance.

Post by PigPen Sun 15 Jun 2014, 18:47

oopsie

Last edited by PigPen on Sun 15 Jun 2014, 18:51; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sentiments already expressed on other threads)

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 16 Jun 2014, 10:48

They've arrived in Vegas....after 2000 miles
over 6 days.
Thanks Rande for sharing the ride...much appreciated !
 Coolio 
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 16 Jun 2014, 11:21

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Mon 16 Jun 2014, 11:29

Pretty stuff on his instagram !
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 16 Jun 2014, 12:05

Totally  agree, there is no need for either to give up their time with friends.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 16 Jun 2014, 12:07

I also think this was his bachelor break before the wedding which I think will be soon. Hope they all had a great time.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 16 Jun 2014, 12:35

and.... where are the bikes?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 17 Jun 2014, 11:52

Bachelor break ? They do it all the time, no ? It's called ... vacation ... .   Laughing
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 17 Jun 2014, 16:16

LornaDoone wrote:Maybe this is his version of a bachelor party?  Just an extended one?

Better this than a night of drinking and debauchery with a bunch of strippers.

And I have to disagree.  I think two mature (mentally) people who trust each other have no issue with the other vacationing with friends.  I don't see this as a potential marriage crisis at all.

I see this as two people who trust each other going about their business and still seeing their friends without it being something that creates discourse in a marriage.
You how you would feel if your love, who has asked you to marry in the knee (?) And has given a 7-carat ring, in the short time that he free from his work around the world, after a short time that you know and a few days together, rather than staying with you if you go away on holiday with friends leaving you alone while she could stay with you? We are at the beginning of a relationship, after years of marriage we can also arrange a holiday in our husband with her friends (at least one month) and be happy either!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 17 Jun 2014, 16:22

lela, if I understand what you're saying..we're talking about George.. a creature of habit.  His friends play a vital role in his life.  Are you assuming Amal  roled over and played dead when she was told about the trip. Doubt it.  She was with family recently , alone.  Seems they are both  comfortable with separate R+R.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 17 Jun 2014, 16:38

PigPen wrote:lela, if I understand what you're saying..we're talking about George.. a creature of habit.  His friends play a vital role in his life.  Are you assuming Amal  roled over and played dead when she was told about the trip. Doubt it.  She was with family recently , alone.  Seems they are both  comfortable with separate R+R.
Exactly a creature of habit, but if in a marriage he brings with all its habits where does the marriage?
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 17 Jun 2014, 16:43

Of course he'll bring his habits.  He's bringing himself into the marriage.  What do you anticipate she will bring?  There is an old saying in my neck of the woods regarding getting married and expecting your spouse to change... What you see is what you get.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 17 Jun 2014, 17:01

PigPen wrote:Of course he'll bring his habits.  He's bringing himself into the marriage.  What do you anticipate she will bring?  There is an old saying in my neck of the woods regarding getting married and expecting your spouse to change... What you see is what you get.
I only have a confidence that if my marriage were not changed either, perhaps we would have greeted immediately! Change to adapt and be able to live together, when I got married I had never washed, ironed, cooked, did everything I wanted and I was thinking, I never went to bed before dawn, I spent everything I earned in travel, clothes and restaurants, we had to change and secure the love and the desire to be together that allows you to change!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 17 Jun 2014, 17:17

I think they are both comfortable being without each other and enjoying themselves. I also think she is  working so what better time for George to get together with his friends and have some good times. When she is free they will be together,they probably plan their schedules so no problem.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 17 Jun 2014, 17:28

It would be a very narrow and unhealthy relationship if
one was not allowed to have separate activities from one's spouse, IMO.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Tue 17 Jun 2014, 17:42

She seems to have been very career focused so she is probably used to having her own space and time and doesn't necessarily want someone to be there all the time.  I think its healthy for people in a relationship to spend time apart doing the things they want to do.  They also had been together pretty solidly for a month or so with all the vacation time, so maybe a break was needed.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 17 Jun 2014, 18:09

Maybe I have not explained, I find it normal that two married people do holidays with friends and without a spouse, I do not normally find it  that two people who live on different continents and liquids can not see much at the beginning of a report, when they could be together because at least one of them is free from work commitments, they are not together. Then back to the time that George will shoot a film after another and that can not be seen! That's it! and if I'm honest I do not seem essre that Amal is working!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 17 Jun 2014, 18:37

A couple of points:

1) Isn't this how the relationship has always been? They are both citizens of the world. And

2) Aren't we making rather a lot of assumptions here? We don't know when they last saw each other. We might think we know, but it's entirely possible he's in Como now (I notice that there's no usual message from the Mayor this year about Our Hero's arrival) or winging his way to The Hague where Amal is speaking at her book launch........or back in London looking for a house.........or talking to Grant about the next project.....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 17 Jun 2014, 22:30

....or he's watching USA football team in the
World Cup Finals.

I've always thought that we here on COH know
around 1% about George's actual life, which is how it
should be IMO.
The rest is just assumptions, gossip, rumours
and lies.

Sorry to be so boring.  flower 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Tue 17 Jun 2014, 23:24

Obviously George prefers to stay with his friends than with Amal, just look at his face
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 17 Jun 2014, 23:29

catwoman wrote:Obviously George prefers to stay with his friends than with Amal, just look at his face

Ooooooo..... where....where ?
Oh damn....missed him again !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by amuserato Wed 18 Jun 2014, 04:39

Joanna wrote:They've arrived in Vegas....after 2000 miles
over 6 days.
Thanks Rande for sharing the ride...much appreciated !
 Coolio 
Ha!  I had a call this afternoon on my cell from a number I didn't recognize-- just came up as "Las Vegas"!  Sorry, fellas!  Try back tomorrow and Melbert and I will cogitate on what you have in mind and entertain the thought of a road trip.  I reckon we might be tempted...

Smile
amuserato
amuserato
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 18 Jun 2014, 05:58

lol! amuserato.....you ain't got no time to cogitate
Miss A.....if the call comes you just gotta go !

Sofa bounce 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 18 Jun 2014, 12:51

lelacorb wrote:Maybe I have not explained, I find it normal that two married people do holidays with friends and without a spouse, I do not normally find it  that two people who live on different continents and liquids can not see much at the beginning of a report, when they could be together because at least one of them is free from work commitments, they are not together. Then back to the time that George will shoot a film after another and that can not be seen! That's it! and if I'm honest I do not seem essre that Amal is working!

Yes, but George does not have a normal life so I suspect they will often be apart.  I think many in films spend a lot of time away from their families--especially if both spouses have a career.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 18 Jun 2014, 14:09

Joanna wrote:....or he's watching USA football team in the
World Cup Finals.

I've always thought that we here on COH know
around 1% about George's actual life, which is how it
should be IMO.
The rest is just assumptions, gossip, rumours
and lies.

Sorry to be so boring.  flower 

I agree with you we we don't know his life and where abouts and that is how it should be.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 18 Jun 2014, 18:30

lelacorb wrote: when they could be together because at least one of them is free from work commitments, they are not together.
I understand what you're saying, but we don't know that they could both be together. We have no idea what Amal's been up to for the past week - we only saw pictures of her in three different outfits last Friday. What she was doing on Thursday, Wednesday, Tuesday, Monday, Sunday or Saturday before that is anyone's guess. She could have been hard at work for all we know.

Joanna wrote:.I've always thought that we here on COH know around 1% about George's actual life, which is how it should be IMO. 
I'd up that to about 20%

We often make the mistake of thinking we know what George is up to because we see a photo of him out and about somewhere. Well, that photo only accounts for a few hours of his time. Where he was and what he was doing in the other 22 hours of the day is a mystery. And if we only get one or two sightings of him in a week, that's an awful lot of time unaccounted for.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2