George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Is George Clooney planning to move into politics after his wedding? - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Is George Clooney planning to move into politics after his wedding? - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Is George Clooney planning to move into politics after his wedding? - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Is George Clooney planning to move into politics after his wedding? - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Is George Clooney planning to move into politics after his wedding? - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Is George Clooney planning to move into politics after his wedding? - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Is George Clooney planning to move into politics after his wedding? - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Is George Clooney planning to move into politics after his wedding? - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Is George Clooney planning to move into politics after his wedding? - Page 3 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Is George Clooney planning to move into politics after his wedding?

+26
it's me
Missa
hathaross
fava
Atalante
PigPen
theminis
Rose
Mazy
cupcake
Joanna
Pita428
Butterfly
Alisonfan
LizzyNY
LornaDoone
melbert
Picachu
Duffy
Way2Old4Dis
Sevens
lionheart
sparkie
Nicky80
party animal - not!
Katiedot
30 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Do you think George Clooney will go into politics after his marriage?

Yes

No

View results

Is George Clooney planning to move into politics after his wedding? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is George Clooney planning to move into politics after his wedding?

Post by LizzyNY Mon 07 Jul 2014, 21:35

There is a NY Times bestseller entitled "Blood Feud: The Clintons vs. The Obamas" by Edward Klein that has been covered in the NY Post recently. The author of this book claims that the two couples hate each other and that President Obama, at the urging of his cheif political advisor Valerie Jarrett, will back Elizabeth Warren - probably after the midterm elections. He claims Obama feels that Hilary is out of touch with poor and middle class Americans and will probably undo many of his policies

A "well informed Democratic Party operative" was interviewed and said this was all "bullshit". That the rivalry between Clinton and Warren is a media creation, and "If Warren dared to challenge Hilary, women all over America would never forgive her. She'd lose all credibility."

Personally , I don't know why anyone in this country would want to go into politics - it's a filthy, soul-sucking business that very few participants survive intact. I hate the thought that George could be willing to do the things you have to do to be a "successful" politician. I had a higher opinion of him than that, but I guess it's a moot point, because he hasn't got a hope in hell of getting elected president.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Is George Clooney planning to move into politics after his wedding? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is George Clooney planning to move into politics after his wedding?

Post by LornaDoone Mon 07 Jul 2014, 21:43

So he went from running for Governor to running for President?

It's all hogwash.

George ain't running for nothing unless it's President of the HOT DANG HE'S STILL HOT AT 53 CLUB!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 07 Jul 2014, 22:20

No, I just follow politics. Hate it, but I follow it.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 07 Jul 2014, 23:20

@Pigpen...nope, I'm from the Midwest but I've been a political junkie for as far back as I can remember....actually maybe even longer than I can remember! LOL

And I think it goes without saying that I'm a" dyed in the wool progressive" like Elizabeth!  I think she's brilliant and would make a fantastic president, who would put the country before her own financial or political well being/ego/agenda, but then, I thought the very same about Barack Obama and was sadly disappointed at how ineffective a contrary obstructionist opposing party could make him.  He and Elizabeth have very little daylight between them as far as overall policies go but I don't think she would fair any better and that's down to our raucous and toxic political arena and not due to a lack of due diligence on their part.

And when people are considering their support of Hilary Clinton and her economic policies, they should remember that it was President Bill Clinton who allowed the repeal of the Glass Steagall Act in the first place, which set the stage/table for the 2008 World Economic Crisis.  It all started with Bill....
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Wed 09 Jul 2014, 13:05

@Lizzy you might be interested in reading both 'Who Stole the American Dream' by Hendrick Smith (Pulitzer Prize winner) and the outstanding book by Joseph Stiglitz (Nobel Prize winner in Economics) 'The Price of Inequality'. 

Both books outline and present the real causes for our economic woes, both here in the US and worldwide.  Things will never improve unless there's a major power shift.  I think hell will freeze over first but that's just my opinion!
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 09 Jul 2014, 13:18

Lighterside - Thanks for the suggestions. I'm familiar with the theories of income inequality and agree that hell will freeze over before things change. Sad.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Wed 09 Jul 2014, 14:51

LOL we may even be treated to yet another run for the Presidency by none other than the inimitable Mitt Romney!  LOL I guess he won't mind being a three time loser and the economy can use the cash he'll spend losing yet again....win/win for progressives!
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 09 Jul 2014, 18:29

Lighterside wrote:@Lizzy you might be interested in reading both 'Who Stole the American Dream' by Hendrick Smith (Pulitzer Prize winner) and the outstanding book by Joseph Stiglitz (Nobel Prize winner in Economics) 'The Price of Inequality'. 

Both books outline and present the real causes for our economic woes, both here in the US and worldwide.  Things will never improve unless there's a major power shift.  I think hell will freeze over first but that's just my opinion!

Thanks for the tip.....I need a new book anyway so I will check out those two books.....  Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 25 Jul 2014, 23:04

Her business decisions will be our business if he decides to run for office.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 26 Jul 2014, 00:22

LizzyNY wrote:Her business decisions will be our business if he decides to run for office.

I don't believe he'll do that.....he's often been quoted as saying he's not suitable !

But even so it won't concern me
from across the pond.  lol! 
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 26 Jul 2014, 02:47

Jo- Depends on what office he runs for. Can you imagine a President Clooney with Saint Amal by his side? sarcasm  I honestly can't, but maybe he can. (Sorry, but I've had all I can take of her for today!) 

It seems that the European press takes his political aspirations seriously as they keep reporting that he's going to run for office. Do they like him that much or are they just totally naive about American politics?

LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Sat 26 Jul 2014, 03:20

Or they think we are just that gullible and will vote for his pretty face!  Don't get me wrong I love George just as much as anyone here, but I would not vote for him for any political office. I simply do not believe he is qualified to run a state much less the entire country.
Pita428
Pita428

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 26 Jul 2014, 03:31

I want the movie star, the director, the writer George Clooney! No the President Clooney!
It'll be a certainty if he were the US president, he must have to say and do something really negative about China, and the two superpowers must be fighting over daily basis. Millions who don't know George well will trash him every day. Despite I found Obama sometimes funny and cute, I will stand by our country's interest at any time as George would do in his position.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 26 Jul 2014, 04:01

Not to worry, Sevens. It ain't gonna happen! Very Happy 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Is George Clooney planning to move into politics after his wedding? - Page 3 Empty Temp thread do not post

Post by Sevens Sat 26 Jul 2014, 04:26

Yeah but I really like to see my favorite actors play as the US president or politician in movies or shows, such as George in Ides of March and Kevin in House of Cards. Really interesting and informative.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 26 Jul 2014, 11:46

LizzyNY wrote:Jo- Depends on what office he runs for. Can you imagine a President Clooney with Saint Amal by his side? sarcasm  I honestly can't, but maybe he can. (Sorry, but I've had all I can take of her for today!) 

It seems that the European press takes his political aspirations seriously as they keep reporting that he's going to run for office. Do they like him that much or are they just totally naive about American politics?

I think you got something wrong here..... sorry to point that out but as a European I have to comment.... Laughing 

In general the European press does not take is seriously or even talk about it. The European gossip newspapers who report about it are not "The European press".... Or would you call your american gossip magazines "the american press"????   Shocked 

It is the same like in the US. US gossip mags report the same. We have some very serious press here like in the US too and they do not report about George running for office. They Report about real politics in the world..........

And about your other comment if the European press is naive about American politics.....of course not....they not naive ...they are making fun of it.....You had a Hollywood star before as president. You had the Terminator as a governor....So obviously the gossip mags know how to report it to make it look real and sell they stuff....It is not about being naive it is about money and sell gossip newspapers...

As I'm in Europe I can tell you it is not like you make it sounds like. We are not that naive  Razz 

I think it doesn't matter if US or Europe both side got they gossip newspapers who report all trash all over again and both sides have their serious newspapers where gossip like this gets never reported... Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 26 Jul 2014, 12:20

LizzyNY wrote:Not to worry, Sevens. It ain't gonna happen! Very Happy 

Amen to that Sister !!  Thumbs up! 

Even my long suffering hubby, who puts up with my Clooney News,
would agree. He's more of a political animal than ever I'll be !! Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 26 Jul 2014, 14:01

Nicky - Thanks for clearing things up. Being an American, I'm not that familiar with the European press so I don't know which are reliable, serious sources and which are not.Since I'm exposed to it mostly when I'm reading about George, I guess I'm mostly reading the tabloids. I should probably broaden my horizons.

When you see something online it doesn't come with a warning label saying "This paper/site is an unreliable, trashy gossip rag". I guess the coverage of George's political hopes is the same in Europe as it is here - mostly in the entertainment media and industry press.

Glad to know the European press isn't naive about our politics. I hoped they weren't, and didn't really think they were.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 26 Jul 2014, 14:43

LizzyNY wrote:Not to worry, Sevens. It ain't gonna happen
Just like he'd never get married again?? Or, at least , engaged! LOL

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 26 Jul 2014, 14:52

Pigpen - Whether he gets married or not is up to him and one other person. Whether he can get elected to ofifce or not depends on thousands of people - and a lot of them don't like him anywhere near as much as we do.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 26 Jul 2014, 15:11

LizzyNY wrote:Pigpen - Whether he gets married or not is up to him and one other person. Whether he can get elected to ofifce or not depends on thousands of people - and a lot of them don't like him anywhere near as much as we do.
 lol!  There  are people who don't adore George ??? Surely you jest!!   My point is strange things can and do happen.  Regan becoming Gov then Prez comes to mind.  Clint Eastwood, and, don't forget Arnold.   And, many people ,and I do mean many, never thought a man of color would be the Leader of the Free World.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 26 Jul 2014, 17:11

Pigpen - Agreed strange things do happen and actors do get elected to office, but none of them were married to Amal, who - nice as she may be - is a political albatross around George's neck, IMO - unless she retires from her "humanitarian" work for the world's wicked and wealthy and does something for the victims of these criminals.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 28 Jul 2014, 23:32

LizzyNY, asking the future Mrs to alter her client list may be seen as a loss of career independence by her - he requesting/suggesting she represent victims instead of thugs ( my opinion, kids) to help him.  I don't see that happening in the near or distant future.  Better chance of Max coming back from the dead, flying around the room and landing in George's lap with a beer in his hand, or whatever it is pigs have.

but none of them were married to Amal, as far as I know- George's isn't either-yet!!! Smile

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 29 Jul 2014, 00:09

Pigpen - Thanks for the laugh. As far as I know he hasn't married her yet, and who knows? Maybe he never will. At this point I don't think I care any more.

She probably would see it as career interference - I know I would - but he'd have good reasons to give her about why her representing war criminals isn't good for his career (political and otherwise). If they're in this for the long haul, he can't be the only one to make compromises (and please don't jump all over me asking what compromises he has made/will make - I'm just saying they'll both have to make changes and adjustments if this is to work out
).

Of course there's always the possibility he doesn't give a rat's ass who she represents.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Is George Clooney planning to move into politics after his wedding? - Page 3 Empty Is George aiming for the White House?

Post by Silje Wed 08 Oct 2014, 19:04

There are several articles talking about the possibility of George going into politics. I thought this one was interesting because it is supposedly Caroline Kennedy talking, the daughter of JFK and Jackie O.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Caroline Kennedy says George Clooney chose his first lady well

Caroline Kennedy thinks actor George Clooney is eyeing the US presidency and his recent, well-publicized wedding to top British lawyer Amal Alamuddin could be part of his plan to move over to the White House soon.

Kennedy said Clooney may have picked the talented lady lawyer as part of his possible presidential bid in 2020 or in 2024 US presidential elections.

Clooney has been in a number of relationships following his separation with his first wife, actress Talia Balsam in 1993. He dated or lived with at least nine women before his recent marriage to Alamuddin. 

Despite his highly publicized relationship with several women, his sexual orientation has become a lingering issue that won't die down. Clooney denied he is gay and said the rumor isn't good for his friends in the gay community .

"The last thing you’ll ever see me do is jump up and down, saying, ‘These are lies!’ That would be unfair and unkind to my good friends in the gay community. "I’m not going to let anyone make it seem like being gay is a bad thing," he explained.

Kennedy said Clooney could have married any of those women but he chose Alamuddin for a greater reason.

"He could have married any of the others as those rumours have been around for years. I think she is picked for a greater reason. The others were trophy girlfriends but wouldn't have been taken seriously as a political asset. We shall see!," she said

Kennedy describes Alamuddin as "beauty and brains." "She will be a real asset to him politically," he added..

Digital Journal asked Kennedy about Clooney's chances of winning the presidential derby and she said his chances are good as any candidate.

"As good as anyone else, I imagine. He has been very political behind the scenes, fundraising and hosting political dinners. Plus he is very clued into what is going on in the world. He is very bright and very aware. His father was a very highly respected international journalist. So one thing he would not do is to take the US down an isolationist route. He is definitely an internationalist, like his Dad. And Amal is a confirmation of that." Kennedy said.

"I would be incredibly surprised if he didn't have his eye on the 2020 or 2024 Presidential race. He might well become the 'great hope' of the Democratic Party and the Republicans' worst nightmare scenario!," she added.

Alamuddin is a London-based attorney specializing in international, criminal, human rights and extradition law cases.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Wed 08 Oct 2014, 21:06; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 08 Oct 2014, 20:02

IMHO complete rubbish.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 08 Oct 2014, 20:28

Why on earth would Caroline Kennedy give an interview on George's chance to become president? I doubt she's ever even thought about it. The only part of this that makes sense is that he's got as good a chance as anyone else.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 08 Oct 2014, 21:10

Merged threads
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 21 Oct 2014, 19:52

Found on frenchies.

You can see some pics from George from Sunday night out but I post it here as it is mainly about "George wants to be president"...

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 21 Oct 2014, 20:43

Hmmm . Well I'm glad we cleared that up. Anyone know who is driving the car?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 21 Oct 2014, 20:47

one of the secret service team to protect the future president????? I mean the car Looks like "the Bast" Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Tue 21 Oct 2014, 20:49

Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 21 Oct 2014, 20:54

An excerpt from the article:

"Democratic strategist Donna Brazile hates to admit that she’ll never get to vote for President Clooney. (She says he’s the only actor she’s ever truly swooned over, when he directed her in an episode of the short-lived HBO show “K Street,” and she has nothing but praise for his activism.) But a presidential run entails years of grueling work he’s not likely to take on. “Can you imagine him visiting all 99 counties in Iowa, sitting on sofas, sitting in bowling alleys and explaining his views on the genetic makeup of corn?” she asked. “That’s what it takes.”"

He'd have to divorce Amal and get back with Stacy as she's all knowledgeable in that stuff!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Tue 21 Oct 2014, 20:57

Is Stacy a farm girl?
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 21 Oct 2014, 21:21

This is Caroline Kennedy, currently US Ambassador to Japan, we're talking about?

Wonder if this was part of a larger article about other stuff........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Tue 21 Oct 2014, 22:08

party animal - not! wrote:This is Caroline Kennedy, currently US Ambassador to Japan, we're talking about?

Wonder if this was part of a larger article about other stuff........
Yes, I assume that is the Caroline Kennedy mentioned in the article.

Don't know if it was part of a larger article.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3