George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Searching for Potential Wedding Venues? EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Searching for Potential Wedding Venues? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Searching for Potential Wedding Venues? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Searching for Potential Wedding Venues? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Searching for Potential Wedding Venues? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Searching for Potential Wedding Venues? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Searching for Potential Wedding Venues? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Searching for Potential Wedding Venues? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Searching for Potential Wedding Venues? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Searching for Potential Wedding Venues?

+6
Katiedot
Silje
party animal - not!
theminis
Nicky80
LornaDoone
10 posters

Go down

Searching for Potential Wedding Venues? Empty Searching for Potential Wedding Venues?

Post by LornaDoone Fri 30 May 2014, 03:36

If this People Magazine story is to be believed that the wedding will be in September then they've got a lot of work to do since many weddings take over a year to plan.

So perhaps the Venice trip was to scout locations, do tastings to hire a caterer, get a wedding cake tasted and ordered, etc.?

Nothing against the country of Italy, but I went to Venice and it was hot and stinky from the sewage in the canals. Literally smelled like an open toilet. The LAST place I'd want to have a wedding (and try to eat a meal) would be Venice. But hey, maybe that's no longer an issue - what do I know I haven't been there in years.

Now somewhere in Northern Italy closer to the Alps would be absolutely lovely.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Searching for Potential Wedding Venues? Empty Re: Searching for Potential Wedding Venues?

Post by Nicky80 Fri 30 May 2014, 07:14

Yes Northern Italy is lovely...but  heard Berlin is very lovely too to get married   Yahooooo
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Searching for Potential Wedding Venues? Empty Re: Searching for Potential Wedding Venues?

Post by theminis Fri 30 May 2014, 07:30

It has to be a Scottish Castle high in the misty mountains, too freezing cold for the paps (I would know) and there are a few where you need to be flown in via helicopter.

A friend of mine got married in a place in Canada where all the guests had to arrive via Helicopter, no other way in or out - must google it, as I remember it was stunning.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 30 May 2014, 09:22

Many, many red herrings.........I think they have already decided.

Verona? Or anywhere not a million miles from the private airport at Lugano.

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 30 May 2014, 12:14

I think its booked, done and dusted, we just have to wait for pictures.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Fri 30 May 2014, 13:44

I agree with you Theminis.

If they want to keep it private it wont be in september or Como or Downton Abbey. But then again I'm not sure they want to keep it private so maybee it will be in september in Como...

But when Cindy Crawford said the wedding is in september,that made me suspicious.
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 30 May 2014, 13:53

You think Cindy is trying to throw off the paps and the media outlets? Could be.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Fri 30 May 2014, 14:11

Yes Lorna, I think she might.She seem to be one of his close friends and she didn't just accidently say that. But it all depends on how private they want the wedding to be.

Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 30 May 2014, 14:33

Well Cindy doesn't just seem to be one of his closest friends, she is.  (You don't build a house right next to someone else in Mexico if you don't like them). And I've seen her and Rande (with an e) at just about every premiere he has had so that's another indication of good friends supporting him.

And as much as she might be trying to throw off the media, maybe it's all very simple.  She said the wedding is in September because that's when it will be held.

All of this hype would go away if they just married quietly in a secret ceremony and then just made an announcement afterward.

These big splashy celebrity weddings are often a bit much.  And how many of them have lasted?

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes had a big destination wedding and they're now over.  Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston had that huge multi-milllion dollar wedding with fireworks and The Gypsy Kings playing music and they're over. Ironically he and Angelina have never married and they're still very much together - in their own way if you believe the media.

The fake celebrities also have had their trials that Kim gal who keeps getting married at the drop of a hat?  She's up to her third - another splashy - look at me, look at me, wedding.  Last one lasted 72 days?

I liked Matt Damon's wedding.  Nobody knew about it before and it was just in front of the Mayor of New York and then his PR firm announced it afterward.  His marriage is still going strong from the looks of it.

Anyway, just my opinion.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Fri 30 May 2014, 15:08

Don't forget Sean Penns wedding to Madonna in Malibu. I think photografers cirkled above in chopters. That didn't last either. I didn't know Kim married for the third time.I guess I never found that family interesting.

George have said that so little of his life is private, so if I was in his shoes I would go for a private wedding too. It would disappoint some of his fans of course but he is already disappointing some of them by getting married in the first place. His whole life can't be about pleasing other people.

Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 30 May 2014, 20:00

Silje wrote: His whole life can't be about pleasing other people.
Amen to that!

Lorna, you touched on my theory of weddings (as I like to call it!), which is: the showier the wedding, the less likely the marriage will succeed. Weddings are about marriage, which is something a lot of couples seem to forget. If you're getting married because you want to show off to the world then you're not getting married for the right reason.

This is why I was disappointed when I saw the fuck off big engagement ring: a marriage is about what two people have to say to each other and not what they want to communicate to the world.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 30 May 2014, 20:30

I think they will have a private wedding with family and friends. I don't think it's in September it's just to throw the press off give them a bone and let them run with it. To me the perfect place would be his house in Cali it's private and they can get a secret marriage license so no one will know when they get it . They don't even have to say when they married they can announce that they married.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 30 May 2014, 23:56

Katiedot wrote:
Silje wrote: His whole life can't be about pleasing other people.
 Amen to that!

Lorna, you touched on my theory of weddings (as I like to call it!), which is: the showier the wedding, the less likely the marriage will succeed.  Weddings are about marriage, which is something a lot of couples seem to forget.  If you're getting married because you want to show off to the world then you're not getting married for the right reason.  

This is why I was disappointed when I saw the fuck off big engagement ring: a marriage is about what two people have to say to each other and not what they want to communicate to the world.  
Totally agree about that ring...... Although some women really like jewelry. I am not one of them, but I assume George must know if Amal is.

Last edited by fava on Fri 30 May 2014, 23:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added)

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sat 31 May 2014, 00:09

Mmmm. The wedding could have already happened in Venice. We don't know, and I think it will be just as unpredictable as that. We may not be told maybe months after the event.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 31 May 2014, 10:32

It's always possible Alisonfan, but for two foreigners to marry in Italy, I think there's a lot of paperwork required from two embassies plus the Italian authorities so I think it would be harder to keep a secret wedding secret in Italy than say in the US or UK (where paperwork is a little less because one of the couple is a national).
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 31 May 2014, 11:07

Whatever happened to London?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 31 May 2014, 13:30

We're told His Nibs loves Richmond and its park (and who wouldn't!?)....

Take a look at this discreet Georgian venue

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 31 May 2014, 14:32

Katiedot, the ring wasn't for her, it was for his image. With his bank account, can you imagine the fallout if he gave her a 2 carat solitaire!

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 31 May 2014, 15:12

Yup PigPen have to agree. Kevin Costner gave his fiance/now wife a small ring (probably because that's what she wanted) and he was reamed in the press because of it. No WAY George was going to get her a small ring!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 31 May 2014, 18:15

Yup that's what I'm saying: the ring is all for show, nothing to do with the relationship or how they feel about each other.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down