George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Russian Jet Passes At Close Range Over US Warship In Black Sea EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Russian Jet Passes At Close Range Over US Warship In Black Sea EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Russian Jet Passes At Close Range Over US Warship In Black Sea EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Russian Jet Passes At Close Range Over US Warship In Black Sea EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Russian Jet Passes At Close Range Over US Warship In Black Sea EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Russian Jet Passes At Close Range Over US Warship In Black Sea EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Russian Jet Passes At Close Range Over US Warship In Black Sea EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Russian Jet Passes At Close Range Over US Warship In Black Sea EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Russian Jet Passes At Close Range Over US Warship In Black Sea EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Russian Jet Passes At Close Range Over US Warship In Black Sea

3 posters

Go down

Russian Jet Passes At Close Range Over US Warship In Black Sea Empty Russian Jet Passes At Close Range Over US Warship In Black Sea

Post by Mazy Mon 14 Apr 2014, 23:46

Russian Jet Passes At Close Range Over US Warship In Black Sea
Published April 14, 2014
FoxNews.com

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
April 14, 2014: The USS Donald Cook is docked in the Black Sea port of Constanta, Romania.AP
A Russian warplane made several close-range passes by an American warship in the Black Sea over the weekend, in what the Pentagon is calling a "provocative" move amid escalating tensions in the region.

The jet, a Russian Su-24, made numerous low-altitude passes on Saturday over the USS Donald Cook, a guided-missile Navy destroyer in the western Black Sea, the Pentagon confirmed.

According to officials, the jet made a total of 12 passes over the course of 90 minutes. It did not once respond to multiple contacts and warnings from the USS Donald Cook, despite the fact that the U.S. Navy ship was able to reach the cockpit directly.

The Pentagon says that the jet had no visible missiles attached to its wings and that the incident ended without any exchange of fire.

"This provocative and unprofessional Russian action is inconsistent with international protocols and previous agreements of a professional interaction between our militaries," Pentagon spokesman Col. Steve Warren said.

The low altitude of the jet varied at times from "virtual sea level to several thousand feet," Warren said. The jet did not "buzz" the Cook, but "flew too close," he said.
A second Russian Su-24 was in the area the entire time, but did not make any similarly provocative maneuvers.
The Pentagon says there has been no official communication with the Russians since the incident, and that a formal protest has not yet been filed.

It's not unusual for U.S. Navy ships to operate in the Black Sea. The Donald Cook moved into the region last week for what the Navy called "routine operations," though the deployment is seen mostly as a symbolic response to tensions along the Ukrainian-Russian border.
The jet encounter further escalates those tensions as pro-Russian protesters seize or block government buildings in eastern Ukraine. U.S. officials have accused Moscow of fueling the unrest, as was alleged in the Crimean Peninsula last month.
The Obama administration has threatened further sanctions amid the violence.

Fox News' Justin Fishel and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Russian Jet Passes At Close Range Over US Warship In Black Sea Empty Re: Russian Jet Passes At Close Range Over US Warship In Black Sea

Post by Nicky80 Tue 15 Apr 2014, 07:51

"The Pentagon says that the jet had no visible missiles attached to its wings and that the incident ended without any exchange of fire. "

So even if the jet would have visible missiles attached. I don't think the situation would have changed. I don't believe the US would have done something. Just because Russia is still a strong enemy with atomic bombs not like Iraq or Afghanistan.

I don't think the US would go to war with Russia just to save the east Ukraine. If you think back when Germany got split it was nearly the same thing. The US didn't want to go to war with Russia just to save the east part from Germany.

They show military presents and that's it.

But of course I can be wrong ....

Will be interesting to see if the Ukraine people can fix it itself...
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Russian Jet Passes At Close Range Over US Warship In Black Sea Empty Re: Russian Jet Passes At Close Range Over US Warship In Black Sea

Post by chiki Wed 16 Apr 2014, 15:43

Thanks for the link, Mazy.

Luckily, there's someone like Obama in the White House and not someone like Putin (or Bush!)This could be worst!
Anyway, I agree with you, Nicky, I feel very sorry for ukrainian people, once again they are the victims, but I think we can do nothing. Europe is slave of russian gas, and US can't attack a huge enemy like Russia, as you say with atomic bombs.
But I cannot help wondering what will happen if we don't stop Putin now?

chiki
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Wed 16 Apr 2014, 18:31

chiki wrote:Thanks for the link, Mazy.

Luckily, there's someone like Obama in the White House and not someone like Putin (or Bush!)This could be worst!
Anyway, I agree with you, Nicky, I feel very sorry for ukrainian people, once again they are the victims, but I think we can do nothing. Europe is slave of russian gas, and US can't attack a huge enemy like Russia, as you say with atomic bombs.
But I cannot help wondering what will happen if we don't stop Putin now?

I really agree with you Chiki and it takes smarter heads than ours to think it out and we then can all pray. sas sad
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down