George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Sudan: Five years without justice EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Sudan: Five years without justice EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Sudan: Five years without justice EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Sudan: Five years without justice EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Sudan: Five years without justice EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Sudan: Five years without justice EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Sudan: Five years without justice EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Sudan: Five years without justice EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Sudan: Five years without justice EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Sudan: Five years without justice

2 posters

Go down

Sudan: Five years without justice Empty Sudan: Five years without justice

Post by chiki Tue 04 Mar 2014, 20:47

Not sure if it's the right place but I find it interesting.
Save Darfur has launched a campaing to write the local papers about the arrest warrant for Bashir (Today is the 5th anniversary). If someone is interested, there's a sample letter. (For people out of United States, modify the penultimate paragraph) Most of papers have a public email for correspondence columns.

FIVE YEARS WITHOUT JUSTICE: SAMPLE LETTER TO THE EDITOR
Posted by Erik Leaver

On the fifth anniversary of the arrest warrant for Sudan’s President Omar al-Bashir, we are encouraging supporters to submit letters to the editor to raise awareness and increase pressure for passage of the Sudan Peace, Security and Accountability Act. Please use this letter and send to your local paper.

Dear Editor:

It has been five years since the International Criminal Court (ICC) issued its first arrest warrant for the President of Sudan, Omar al-Bashir for war crimes, crimes against humanity and genocide. Bashir stands accused of orchestrating the genocide in Darfur which began in 2003.

Today, the situation is not much better; many communities are under continued attack, forced displacement, face food shortages and disease. Bashir and other perpetrators remain free despite international arrest warrants and they continue their campaign of violence in regions in Southern Sudan including South Kordofan and Blue Nile.

Eleven years after genocide began in Darfur, the numbers are staggering – millions remain displaced and hundreds of thousands are dead as a result of the genocide. The international community has failed to live up to its promise after the Holocaust – “never again” – and the result in Sudan is that Bashir continues to perpetuate violence against his own people.

In 2013 alone, Bashir visited nine countries without arrest. This shouldn’t be the case. Member nations of the United Nations Security Council and the ICC have a legal obligation to arrest Bashir if he enters their borders. And if nations won’t act, it is up to us – global citizens – to make sure Bashir cannot escape justice.

The road to peace and stability is a long one, but there are steps we can take now to set Sudan on the right path to justice. Urge your representative to co-sponsor the Sudan Peace, Security, and Accountability Act (H.R. 1692). This important piece of legislation is the best hope for action by the United States for the people of Sudan.

Eleven years is long enough for the people in Darfur. We must act now to make this the last anniversary of this international fugitive’s warrant.

Sincerely,
Writer’s Signature
Name of Writer
Writer’s Address and Phone Number

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

chiki
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Sudan: Five years without justice Empty Re: Sudan: Five years without justice

Post by Mazy Wed 05 Mar 2014, 00:23

Yes Chiki this is the right place I'm coping the letter into a word file then I can address it o the different papers and government officials. I appreciate this a lot. xxx
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by chiki Wed 05 Mar 2014, 17:45

I sent to papers but not to government, that's a great idea. I'm going to do that Wink

chiki
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down