George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Colorful club host Ubriaco dies at 65 - Clooney mention EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Colorful club host Ubriaco dies at 65 - Clooney mention EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Colorful club host Ubriaco dies at 65 - Clooney mention EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Colorful club host Ubriaco dies at 65 - Clooney mention EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Colorful club host Ubriaco dies at 65 - Clooney mention EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Colorful club host Ubriaco dies at 65 - Clooney mention EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Colorful club host Ubriaco dies at 65 - Clooney mention EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Colorful club host Ubriaco dies at 65 - Clooney mention EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Colorful club host Ubriaco dies at 65 - Clooney mention EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Colorful club host Ubriaco dies at 65 - Clooney mention

3 posters

Go down

Colorful club host Ubriaco dies at 65 - Clooney mention Empty Colorful club host Ubriaco dies at 65 - Clooney mention

Post by Katiedot Fri 11 Feb 2011, 11:34

From Las Vegas Journal Review

Colorful club host Ubriaco dies at 65

Rao's host Robert "Bubbles" Ubriaco is flanked by Caesars Palace centurions Feb. 3 at a farewell party for Cher. Ubriaco died Thursday.

Posted: Feb. 11, 2011

Rao's host Robert "Bubbles" Ubriaco died at Desert Springs Hospital, surrounded by many of his friends. He was hospitalized on Wednesday, after what friends believe was a stroke.

Ubriaco, a 380-pound, old-school New Yorker, had celebrated his 65th birthday two weeks ago in Rao's with friends, including Rao's regular Steve Schirripa of "The Sopranos." Ubriaco grew up around real wiseguys in the same neighborhood as Oscar-nominated actor Chazz Palminteri of "A Bronx Tale" fame.

When Rao's decided to put a replica of its legendary East Harlem eatery in Caesars Palace about five years ago, the Pellegrini family hired Ubriaco, who was connected in more ways than one.

He had spent 12 years as a host at Crazy Horse Too, the infamous topless club, which was closed by the feds after the prosecution of a number of figures associated with the joint. Ubriaco got probation.

Ubriaco was working at Crazy Horse Too when he met George Clooney during filming of an "Ocean's Eleven" scene at the club. Over the years, "Bubbles" took delight in shocking friends and patrons by pulling out a weathered photo Clooney signed with an X-rated salutation.

Imagine the big man's joy when he ended up with a cameo in the wildly popular film "The Hangover," in a scene at a bar with Wayne Newton.

A week ago Thursday, Ubriaco was in his glory while facilitating Cher's farewell party for her cast and crew at Rao's. With Cher running 90 minutes late, "Bubbles" chatted with Roman centurions who were waiting to carry Cher into Rao's, ala Cleopatra.

A friend came by and had "Bubbles" pose for a photo with the centurions.

"Say Chucky Cheese," said Ubriaco, his signature line.

It was one of the last photos of the legendary greeter.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Colorful club host Ubriaco dies at 65 - Clooney mention Empty Re: Colorful club host Ubriaco dies at 65 - Clooney mention

Post by melbert Fri 11 Feb 2011, 15:57

"Ubriaco was working at Crazy Horse Too when he met George Clooney during filming of an "Ocean's Eleven" scene at the club. Over the years, "Bubbles" took delight in shocking friends and patrons by pulling out a weathered photo Clooney signed with an X-rated salutation."

and I wonder what this X-rated salutation was???

melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Colorful club host Ubriaco dies at 65 - Clooney mention Empty Re: Colorful club host Ubriaco dies at 65 - Clooney mention

Post by it's me Fri 11 Feb 2011, 21:13

we will never know
I guess
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down