George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Let's Talk Morals for a Moment (a.k.a. Let's Make Me Feel Better About Myself) EmptyToday at 11:48 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Let's Talk Morals for a Moment (a.k.a. Let's Make Me Feel Better About Myself) EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Let's Talk Morals for a Moment (a.k.a. Let's Make Me Feel Better About Myself) EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Let's Talk Morals for a Moment (a.k.a. Let's Make Me Feel Better About Myself) EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Let's Talk Morals for a Moment (a.k.a. Let's Make Me Feel Better About Myself) EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Let's Talk Morals for a Moment (a.k.a. Let's Make Me Feel Better About Myself) EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Let's Talk Morals for a Moment (a.k.a. Let's Make Me Feel Better About Myself) EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Let's Talk Morals for a Moment (a.k.a. Let's Make Me Feel Better About Myself) EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Let's Talk Morals for a Moment (a.k.a. Let's Make Me Feel Better About Myself) EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Let's Talk Morals for a Moment (a.k.a. Let's Make Me Feel Better About Myself)

+10
Joanna
LornaDoone
Mazy
NotAvailable
blubelle
theminis
OofOof
silly girl
Katiedot
Lakin460
14 posters

Go down

Let's Talk Morals for a Moment (a.k.a. Let's Make Me Feel Better About Myself) Empty Let's Talk Morals for a Moment (a.k.a. Let's Make Me Feel Better About Myself)

Post by Lakin460 Fri 15 Mar 2013, 16:37

Lying in bed awake in the wee hours of the morning, I got to thinking about integrity. In his Oscar acceptance speech, Grant Heslov praised George for being a man of integrity, one of the few in Hollywood (my paraphrase). And maybe he is......now that he can afford to be.

But it was Stacy and those like her that I was pondering most. Isn't it true for the large majority of celebrities or pseudo celebrities like Stacy, that huge compromises must be made to attain that high level of recognizability (unless, of course, you're the son or daughter of an existing mover and shaker in the industry and ride their coat tails) .

Now I'm probably overstating the obvious here, but at 3:00 a.m., my thoughts can take on a certain produndity they otherwise wouldn't in the light of day. From 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., I'm actually quite mundane. From 5:00 p.m. on and a few glasses of wine, I become a more and more a cerebral legend in my own mind......

But predawn, my ruminations cemented this conculsion - Stacy early on made ethical compromises, sexual and otherwise, to get to where she is. (Hell, I bet George did, too.) And she especially is currently doing so to maintain her place with George. And isn't that essentially what a hooker does - anything you want for money, athough in Stacy's case, the payoff wouldn't always be tangibles like cash. I mean, I can easily imagine her doing sexually deviant things at George's request (NOT that I'm against sexual deviance, but that's another thread......)

And I'm not limiting the moral lapses just to sexual conduct. She's likely cutting corners elsewhere - lying, cheating, etc. She was raised Catholic. Somewhere in there must be a shred of recognition of right and wrong, which it appears she is totally chucking. She worships another deity now.

I confess I've been jealous of her - more so than his other gfs. I've viewed her, in essence, as a Cinderella. Rags (er, thongs) to riches. Living the dream. And why she bothers me more than most, I haven't figured out yet. So, to be quite candid about it, it gave me a shallow and petty comfort in realizing she has little integrity and certainly no self-respect. She likely has successfully f*cked her way to the top, because, while she's a somewhat pretty girl, there's a glut of pretty girls in Hollywood (or so I've read). So what would make her stand out, except a pretty talented and willing vagina located the apex of some world class gams? (Sorry for the crudeness....) And where's the glamour or class or enviability in that? Made me feel better, yes, indeedy. I think I'll open a celebratory bottle of wine.

Ah, I'm just venting and trying to feel better about why in the hell she gets to live it up when I'm slogging away in the trenches of a thankless and salary challenged job. Jeez, is that pathetic or what? Especially since I've most certainly made compromises in my life's journey, too. Now what does that make me, but pathetic AND hypocritical! Rolling Eyes
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk Morals for a Moment (a.k.a. Let's Make Me Feel Better About Myself) Empty Re: Let's Talk Morals for a Moment (a.k.a. Let's Make Me Feel Better About Myself)

Post by Katiedot Fri 15 Mar 2013, 17:56

Lakin460 wrote: Stacy early on made ethical compromises, sexual and otherwise, to get to where she is. (Hell, I bet George did, too.)
I think you've answered your own question there! What's sauce for the goose . . .

George has always been honest about what attracted him to acting: he wanted to be famous. Oh, and he liked the girls! Stacy also wants to be famous. They both had the same motivation. George gradually moved on, found out that there were a lot more important things than simply fame, but then, easy for hiim to say because he didn't become famous until his mid-30's. He had a lot of time doing a lot of shit jobs to think about making something more of himself. Possibly Stacy is changing too; it's too early to say.

Having said that, I don't think that comparing George and Stacy is particularly helpful. Firstly the fact that they're different sexes means that they had very different opportunities into the business, plus the fact that she's trying to do what he did 20 years later and the world's a different place now.

As for whether she's ethically compromised herself, I think that's a judgement you may be putting on her that she may not necessarily accept. We all judge others by our own standards - hard not to! - but we also have to accept that those standards can only apply to ourselves [obviously I don't mean stuff like legal standards etc].

Lakin460 wrote:And she especially is currently doing so to maintain her place with George.
What ethical compromises do you think she's making now?

Is George really such a dreadful person that a woman can't enjoy being with him? She wouldn't be the first pretty young woman to have her head turned by a rich and famous movie star. Added to that his looks, intelligence, good humour and overall laid back style, I'm not convinced that dating him is an onerous task that she has to force herself to do against her ethical leanings.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not criticizing or anything. I'm making the point all they've ever said about their relationship is that they're having fun and won't get married (George's statement). This isn't true love that will last for all eternity and they're not pretending it is. The media is, but then they need to create a story in order to sell their magazines and tv shows.

In that context, what's she doing that's unethical other than liking a likeable man? A man we all like and we haven't even met him!

Lakin460 wrote:She's likely cutting corners elsewhere - lying, cheating, [ . . . ] She likely has successfully f*cked her way to the top
Here's the only place where I will take issue with what you wrote. On what do you base this, rather nasty, allegation? Because for me, "I don't like her so I want to believe she's a bad person who does bad things" isn't a good enough reason.

On another note, I totally get your comment about jealousy and really love you for sharing your thoughts and being open with your feelings. Love4

For me, what bothers me so much about his girlfriends is a bit weird to explain. Obviously George is a fantasy man who plays a big role in my fantasy life so, in effect, the women he dates are stand-ins for me. She's my proxy so to speak, and I get disappointed because they do such a shockingly lousy job of it.

And because those women are so lacklustre, it does make me question George and what he's really like. If he had only once dated a woman like Stacy, I'd put that down to an error of judgement or something, but for the past 10 years, all he's done is date panty models, d-list wannabes, pretty(ish) barbie dolls with zero talent and an equal measure of ambition.

Don't worry about the venting, we all have days like this. And don't we all make compromises we don't like like? That's just life.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk Morals for a Moment (a.k.a. Let's Make Me Feel Better About Myself) Empty Re: Let's Talk Morals for a Moment (a.k.a. Let's Make Me Feel Better About Myself)

Post by Lakin460 Fri 15 Mar 2013, 19:59

Sorry for the nastiness. I'm really not having that bad of a day.....I just think celebrities are a lot like politicians. Somewhere down the line, in order to fuel their aspirations, they made deals, did some back scratching or plain old sold out, a.k.a. compromised their values. I'm talking high level, top of the pile type fame and exposure here, not local yocal stuff, altho I'm sure it goes on at all levels.

And no, I don't think dating George is onerous by any stretch of the imagination. She's no doubt having the time of her life and I think he would be a blast to be with. But I do think she paid a price to get there and I'm not talking in a good, honest sense. I think with few exceptions, most world famous entertainers did at some level.

But as far as current attempts to stay in the public eye, I think a lot (not ALL) of these flash in the pan endorsements are deceptive as they portray a sincerity I don't believe is real. And sure, you could say that it's harmless, and it certainly isn't the worst thing you can do, but reduced to simplest form, isn't that lying?

I'm really not trying to raise anyoe's ire or start a argument or offend anyone. I didn't even intend for it to come across as a Stacy bashing post. Probably should've kept my thoughts to myself. I apologize for running my mouth.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 15 Mar 2013, 20:11

Don't say that Lakin because you make valid points as does Katie. She is not a bad person per se it is just like you I don't agree with her choices. We all need to play the game sometimes but for some of us it isn't easy to sustain. She knew doing the wrestling got her famous and she will need to realize she may never get away from it. She'll be 90 and her fans will still be talking about her days in the ring and wanting her to come back. Believe me I would love to have a bit of her life...no worries about money, travel when she wants to and dressing up for events. Not all the time but as I am scrubbing my sink right now---Berlin looks good right now.

Don't be upset hopefully our lives will get better and we will no longer need to dream..... flower

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 15 Mar 2013, 20:34

Lakin you are most definitely not nasty! I loved your 3 a.m. Rumination! Gave you a greenie. While I don't dislike Stacy as I don't know her, I sadly think she's just one in a million girls out there who are willing to sell themselves for a lifestyle.

All you have to do is spend a little time reading sites like Celebitchy and the comments on those sites to start to feel like the women's movement has taken a u-turn! God, so many women in their 20's and 30's seem to have one goal; snaring some rich older sugar daddy to take care of them. And look at how many celebs George's age and above are with women their own age and intellect. They seem to be extinct!

Anyway, I love your posts Lakin!
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 15 Mar 2013, 23:10

Thanks for your support, all of you. Katie was right to call me out for being snarky. That's what I like about her - she doesn't pull punches and that's why I stay here.
And I love that we kind of stick with each other even when we rant. Even though I said I was having a good day, I've been having some health problems and I'm chalking up my verbal diarrhea as my way of de-stressing.
Thanks again for the kind words from you three (well, four - Joanna checked in on me via email.)
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 15 Mar 2013, 23:19

Hey Lakin, I hope that your health problems improve, worrying about health issues is not good so sending you warm wishes. I enjoyed reading your post or rant as you refer to it, even though I didn't agree with some of it, doesn't matter, you have the most eloquent way of explaining your thoughts which I find a delight to read. For me I have a lot of my most lucid thoughts at 3.00am in the morning, maybe I should see someone about that!. I did wonder if it was written after a few drinks (no offence) and it made reading it even more entertaining. Good on you, really and truly for getting it all off your chest xxx

And yep she is one lucky so and so in my opinion
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 15 Mar 2013, 23:31

Well thanks, theminis, but nope, I wish I had that excuse. I wrote it stone cold sober. Neutral
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Fri 15 Mar 2013, 23:57

You don't need an excuse Lakin to express your thoughts. I like what you wrote and it took guts to let it all out. I have always thought that G dated the women he does the way he does because it takes little or no effort on his part. He is committed to his craft and doesn't want or know how to integrate a work/family lifestyle. I'm guessing that H'wood is a crazy town and relationships are hard to maintain.
As for all his lady friends, and I know I will get slammed for this, I think they may know what their limitations are and see the girlfriend experience as a way of achieving goals that may be beyond their talents. They may not be the role models that we would want young girls to emulate but not everyone is a role model.
O.K., it's Friday and I will just have a glass of wine and chill.

blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 15 Mar 2013, 23:59

Lakin460 wrote:Well thanks, theminis, but nope, I wish I had that excuse. I wrote it stone cold sober. Neutral

Well honestly, that's even better, nothing wrong with expressing yourself Lakin, so don't pay it any more attention. x
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 16 Mar 2013, 03:23

Lakin460 wrote: I think a lot (not ALL) of these flash in the pan endorsements are deceptive as they portray a sincerity I don't believe is real. And sure, you could say that it's harmless, and it certainly isn't the worst thing you can do, but reduced to simplest form, isn't that lying?
Yes it is. But that's always been the way I think, even going back to the first days of advertising and celebrity endorsements way back when. It is lying, yes, but then more fool us, the general public, for allowing ourselves to be lied to for all this time.

blubelle wrote:You don't need an excuse Lakin to express your thoughts.
Thumbs up!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sat 16 Mar 2013, 05:23

Well you have prolly just said what a lot of us lesser hang er outs here feel. I felt some of that! To me, shes just a b i t c h who sold herself for fame and to be with a big movie star. A fame w h o r e !!! ya know? But hey, hasn't that been what he sought when looking for them? Its what he wants. And tho I like him, I think hes a bit of a w h o r e himself. Except a male version of it. Sole himself too.

Can't call her one without calling him one as its what he does best. Just watch all his commercials. Mostly, he sells his sexual attraction to ladies and sometime men too. JMO I know some of you may take umbrage at this opinion, but well...I don't know any other way to see it. Maybe I am being a little judgmental... Rolling Eyes
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 16 Mar 2013, 05:48

Well, when you listen to rumours about what attractive straight actors have to do in order to get roles you begin to realise that Hollywood isn't a very nice place to work. Hollywood's nasty little secret: the casting couch isn't for women only.

I'm NOT in any way saying, inferring or in any other way suggesting this is anything George is or ever has been involved in. Just saying that this is not an industry that can pride itself on its moral standards and never has been.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 16 Mar 2013, 06:45

Thank you everyone for sharing your feelings, it helps to see I am not the only that thinks about George in a fantasy world. I don't like Stacy but as I always say it's a female thing; she is with George. I have to admit when I pray I go down my list when I get to him; I get a little nodge and say alright her too. (Catholic Guilt)

As far as Stacy herself if I knew her I would tell her don't do anything that you cannot live with yourself for the rest of your life. That is what I tell my girls, because yourself is one person you cannot get away from. I do feel bad for her; not because of George, just because she doesn't seem to have the talent to go along with her desire to be a celebrity.

Besides the fact that George is waiting to meet me before he truly gets serious, just a mind lapse on my part for a minute. Anyway I think he picks these girls because they are ambitious and young he can maybe help them get ahead. Imagine if he was dating a woman his age and she got serious; he doesn't; she is not going to bouce back like the young ones.

You know my George isn't perfect far from it but in his mind his intensions are. His heart is in the right place and I don't know by who or how he has been hurt deeply. I just feel it very strongly.

I don't know about the rest of you; news about George affects me very strongly. When I read that he bought a house Spain it has upset me since, and cannot say why. I could go on and on, think I said enough. My family would be shocked at me for even posting because I don't talk to anyone about more than the weather. Have a good one.
Zen
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 16 Mar 2013, 07:59

I think many people have sold their ethics and morals down the river of no return in Hollywood. Perhaps that's why there is so much drug use and abuse - they know they sold their souls and they use drugs and alcohol to anesthetize themselves from the reality of the compromises in ethics they've made to get to where they've gotten.

Stacy is no worse nor better than anyone else but she just irks us because she's the current horse hanging at Casa Clooney that George will ride till he gets bored then put out to pasture.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 16 Mar 2013, 10:12

Mazy....it's good that you can come here and share with other genuine George fans.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 16 Mar 2013, 12:15

Opportunist=SK,the need to be famous and will do whatever it takes to make it. Maybe for her own set of morals, her past employment was easy. But I hope for her those days are gone for good, because there are certain things in life that doesn't look good as you age.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sat 16 Mar 2013, 16:24

Lorna I agree. I love show business . It's a shame we are not talking about Justin Timberlake on Jimmy Fallon last night . Fabulous. George comes from a talented and beautiful family . Last week I saw the Bacon Brothers in a small venue , they were great . It "s a shame we are talking about Quasimodo with a tacky boob job and the work ethic and morals of feces . Dressing up like Baby Huey in drag and acting out the history of Lassie , all three parts , and trying to sell pictures of that , is not show business.

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 16 Mar 2013, 17:17

I'm confused amaretti.....who are you referring to in
your post above ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sat 16 Mar 2013, 19:21

I am just venting like the rest of the thread. He he hee Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 16 Mar 2013, 20:13

Oh....
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 16 Mar 2013, 20:25

Really, really don't understand........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 16 Mar 2013, 20:27

party animal - not! wrote:Really, really don't understand........

lol! ......me neither.....but bored with it....got a life to live.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sun 17 Mar 2013, 09:46

Well if you look at some of the younger women in Hollywood, you may think you are seeing strippers walking around, preening their nudity on the red carpet and elsewheres. Selling sex has become a high supposedly class theme for many in Hollywood. They are determined to get their moment of fame, even if it means having no morals, and being seen as the woman who will do anything for fame. It also becomes easier and easier for them to do that after the first few time. They excuse it by saying they are only compromising their better qualities for their job. But it is still what it is. Strippers hardly better than the hookers who do it by trade.
They just have a dif payday.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Pandora's Box Sun 17 Mar 2013, 12:51

amaretti wrote: Lorna I agree. I love show business . It's a shame we are not talking about Justin Timberlake on Jimmy Fallon last night . Fabulous. George comes from a talented and beautiful family . Last week I saw the Bacon Brothers in a small venue , they were great . It "s a shame we are talking about Quasimodo with a tacky boob job and the work ethic and morals of feces . Dressing up like Baby Huey in drag and acting out the history of Lassie , all three parts , and trying to sell pictures of that , is not show business.

Lol!! so true & witty!!! Lol!!
Pandora's Box
Pandora's Box
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down