George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Stacy Keibler learns to make everything free ice cream at cooking class EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Stacy Keibler learns to make everything free ice cream at cooking class EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Stacy Keibler learns to make everything free ice cream at cooking class EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Stacy Keibler learns to make everything free ice cream at cooking class EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Stacy Keibler learns to make everything free ice cream at cooking class EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Stacy Keibler learns to make everything free ice cream at cooking class EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Stacy Keibler learns to make everything free ice cream at cooking class EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Stacy Keibler learns to make everything free ice cream at cooking class EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Stacy Keibler learns to make everything free ice cream at cooking class EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Stacy Keibler learns to make everything free ice cream at cooking class

+6
amaretti
theminis
Joanna
party animal - not!
OofOof
Katiedot
10 posters

Go down

Stacy Keibler learns to make everything free ice cream at cooking class Empty Re: Stacy Keibler learns to make everything free ice cream at cooking class

Post by Katiedot Sat 02 Mar 2013, 11:39

Still at work?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-------------
My opinion? If it's free of dairy, free of gluten and free of sugar, then chances are it's not free of chemicals, additives and really bad shit.

Not sure if this is a work thing or whether this belongs in the general thread.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Stacy Keibler learns to make everything free ice cream at cooking class Empty Re: Stacy Keibler learns to make everything free ice cream at cooking class

Post by OofOof Sat 02 Mar 2013, 16:20

Not at work. Think they're done.

As far as the ice cream, I have several friends who are vegan. I doubt there are any chemicals in it. It's very healthy and surprisingly tasty! Would bet as far as sweetener, it's either sweetened with agave or it doesn't need extra sweetening because the base is frozen bananas. Vegan ice cream includes raw cashews which when blended turn into a creamy paste that mimics cream. Add the frozen bananas and some fruit juice and even a couple tablespoons of peanut butter and you will think you're eating regular ice cream. It's actually really good!
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 02 Mar 2013, 16:56

Yes, if she's making it herself then it'll be fine. I thought it was a product designed for her supermarket programme in which case I stick by my thought it'll be full of chemicals.

I would add that Agave is still sugar. It's fructose and a bit of glucose as opposed to sucrose (table sugar) and has a lesser effect on blood sugar levels, but it's sugar nonetheless.

No decently made ice cream should have gluten in it in the first place. Gluten (apparently a protein found in grains such as wheat, barley, oats and rye I've just found out, so clearly doesn't belong in icecream) only comes into commercially made ice creams that have additives to thicken it etc.

So she's wrong about her icecream being sugar free. It shouldn't have gluten in it in the first place, so the only thing she's got going is that it's dairy free.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 02 Mar 2013, 17:05

If there's no agave in it and it's sweetened with bananas and fruit juice then it could be considered sugar free I suppose. The gluten free thing is funny. It's the newest fad here in the US but, to play Devil's advocate, I think lots of stuff as far as processed food, at least here in the states, has gluten added. Ice cream probably has whey products in it and that could have gluten. The thickeners and food preservatives used in lots of processed foods contain gluten. Its hard as hell here to find gluten free processed foods.

That said, the ice cream above is very easy to make and I don't think you'd need a teacher to learn how to make it! Just blend and go.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 02 Mar 2013, 19:21

Looks really yummy. Two over here please, with the tequila sugar. Thanks!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 02 Mar 2013, 20:22

We can buy this here in UK...gluton and dairy free and
tastes lovely.
Good for those with problems with dairy products.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 02 Mar 2013, 20:33

When my vegan friend first made cashew based ice cream I thought WTF?! But I have to say, it's really good! You can use any frozen fruit as the base, along with the cashews and voila, you've got a "superfood" that tastes pretty good. She also makes a cream like sauce with cashews that I swear tastes like a really good butter sauce only it has no butter or oils other than the cashews in it. And, she does the quicky vegan ice cream with 2 frozen bananas, 2 TBSP peanut butter blended until smooth and it's surprisingly good.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 02 Mar 2013, 20:36

I rarely ever eat ice-cream but I will try out this vegan ice-cream today, sounds yum -
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sat 02 Mar 2013, 21:26

Mmmmm Sounds good.

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sat 02 Mar 2013, 21:32

I will not cheat on my friends Ben & Jerry!
Dior
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 02 Mar 2013, 22:01

Ah loyalty a quality I admire - but its not cheating if they don't know!!

p.s. to clarify I once had an ex who asked me, how can it be cheating if you didn't know about it, you were really happy till you found out - yes that's why hes an ex, he was stupid too....
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sat 02 Mar 2013, 22:09

Mh, I love it when people get caught and then explain the world to you.
"It's not what you think!"
Dior
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 02 Mar 2013, 22:13

Well my theory on that is people get caught because they want to be - luckily it was a short term relationship, not incredibly meaningful but still hurtful - I was under the illusion of exclusivity - all character building and lessons to learn
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Stacy Keibler learns to make everything free ice cream at cooking class Empty Stacy Keibler learns to make everything free ice cream at cooking class

Post by Mazy Sun 03 Mar 2013, 03:16

Gluten Free Diets aren't a fad it is just that more doctors are becoming aware of the problems. I have Celiac Disease, but I was near dead when a doctor finally got the diagnos correct. They thought that is was more a European disease.

I have so kindly passed it on down to my family, it is genetic. My Jenn had 5 miscarriges before they found her problem, she is gluten-free, egg free and maybe dairy. She just gave birth to a daughter who cannot have dairy, being she is nursing she cannot either. This is a life long diet. We all have learned to bake with all sorts of flours.

I think that this dish is related to her show, just cannot remember where I saw it writen.
Zen
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 03 Mar 2013, 03:32

Just in case you're wondering, I've made this a new thread. I'm not sure now that this is related to her TV show, so for the time being have separated it.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 03 Mar 2013, 04:03

Katie you outdid yourself on the title of this thread! Very funny!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 03 Mar 2013, 11:58

Mazy, congratulations on your new grand daughter.
Hope she has a happy healthy life. flower
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 04 Mar 2013, 08:09

Thanks Joanna
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Mon 04 Mar 2013, 14:53

Dior wrote:I will not cheat on my friends Ben & Jerry!

LOLOL!!! Thanks for the laugh! Funny!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Mon 04 Mar 2013, 15:43

Just curious, can you really call it ice cream without anything resembling cream in it. I remember my mother use to try to get me to like ice milk, didn't work. Didn't mind snow cream though, but it included cream in that. Now that I live the city the snow cream thing sounds gross, but as a kid it was fun and seemed better- not healthy though needed a lot of sugar.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Mon 04 Mar 2013, 18:19

Ummmmm...snow cream! Grew up in Alaska and every winter we had snow cream! Funny, Madsky...it snowed here last winter and I thought the same thing...ewwww
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Mon 04 Mar 2013, 18:22

Don't know if it can be called ice cream but the vegan ice cream I've had was delicious. For chocolate etc. they use coconut milk. The frozen bananas with peanut butter comes out the same texture as a soft ice cream. It's pretty good as well.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down