George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
pizza - "Pizza" Forum Poster Gets a Part as an Extra in The Monuments Men  - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
pizza - "Pizza" Forum Poster Gets a Part as an Extra in The Monuments Men  - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
pizza - "Pizza" Forum Poster Gets a Part as an Extra in The Monuments Men  - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
pizza - "Pizza" Forum Poster Gets a Part as an Extra in The Monuments Men  - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
pizza - "Pizza" Forum Poster Gets a Part as an Extra in The Monuments Men  - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
pizza - "Pizza" Forum Poster Gets a Part as an Extra in The Monuments Men  - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
pizza - "Pizza" Forum Poster Gets a Part as an Extra in The Monuments Men  - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
pizza - "Pizza" Forum Poster Gets a Part as an Extra in The Monuments Men  - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
pizza - "Pizza" Forum Poster Gets a Part as an Extra in The Monuments Men  - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

"Pizza" Forum Poster Gets a Part as an Extra in The Monuments Men

+17
cindigirl
silly girl
theminis
Joanna
Pink Ice 1990
NotAvailable
amaretti
LornaDoone
party animal - not!
Maggy
traone
Katiedot
Dior
Atalante
Best in Category
it's me
pizza
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

pizza - "Pizza" Forum Poster Gets a Part as an Extra in The Monuments Men  - Page 2 Empty Re: "Pizza" Forum Poster Gets a Part as an Extra in The Monuments Men

Post by pizza Tue 05 Feb 2013, 09:42

@@Dior>>>>I was tired from the night shift .... I have several jobs as radio announcer, I worked a few years ago .... the moment I work at a gas station at night, and I'm all alone at night. I earn a few euro's so I quickly can drive my car to Berlin .... many women have fear to work at night !!!! I do martial arts and have no fear!! Before anyone!!Wink))) Do battle
pizza
pizza
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

pizza - "Pizza" Forum Poster Gets a Part as an Extra in The Monuments Men  - Page 2 Empty Re: "Pizza" Forum Poster Gets a Part as an Extra in The Monuments Men

Post by pizza Tue 05 Feb 2013, 09:45

welches Lichtenstein ist es???? Lichtenstein am Bodensee????
pizza
pizza
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 05 Feb 2013, 10:54

If this is going to be a private conversation, then better to switch to sending each other PMs (personal messages).

Thanks
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pizza Tue 05 Feb 2013, 11:01

Katiedot >>>> that's nice if you get to know people from around the world via the Internet! Do not you think good?? Basketball love1 Love3
pizza
pizza
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 05 Feb 2013, 16:07

Yes, I think it's excellent. That doesn't change the fact that private conversations are boring for others to read, so use the PM system.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Tue 05 Feb 2013, 17:52

Let's talk about the filming then, Pizza^^
Do you already know when it starts and will it be at the studio or outdoor?
Dior
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Tue 05 Feb 2013, 18:17

Ja, ich spreche Deutsch. Ich habe es nicht gelesen Monuments Man. Es gibt nicht viel über den Film dann sagen.

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 05 Feb 2013, 18:54

scratch
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Tue 05 Feb 2013, 21:19

Sorry, can't help it, lol.

Guten Tag!
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by pizza Tue 05 Feb 2013, 22:29

@@Dior>>>>sorry I did not understand you? what do you mean with the shooting?

The Film starts in March. Reading The agency is still looking for extras for the film.
pizza
pizza
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by pizza Tue 05 Feb 2013, 22:33

@@Dior>>>>The agency is looking for women who do not look nice. ugly women .... hmmmm headbang
pizza
pizza
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Tue 05 Feb 2013, 22:34

Oh, should I apply to help them out?
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by pizza Tue 05 Feb 2013, 22:39

@@Dior>>>>why? Watch out so ugly?? lool lol!
pizza
pizza
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Tue 05 Feb 2013, 22:42

Crying or Very sad
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by pizza Tue 05 Feb 2013, 22:44

Thumbs up!
pizza
pizza
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by pizza Tue 05 Feb 2013, 22:50

Today I was in Austria, and have looked at .... Soccer 20 minutes ago I came home. And now I'm tired and I'll go to sleep.
good night all together Sleep
pizza
pizza
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Tue 05 Feb 2013, 22:58

Why do they need ugly women? And who on earth will apply for this?
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 05 Feb 2013, 23:04

Not sure they would even be allowed to specify that! I know they didn't want any extras who had dyed hair or tattoos

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by pizza Tue 05 Feb 2013, 23:08

@@Dior>>>>I have no idea .... when applying to agencies, one should not look like a model!! Is that really so .... an extra can never look better than an actor!! Tears of frustration
pizza
pizza
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by pizza Tue 05 Feb 2013, 23:13

here it is in it that they are looking ugly women!!

/photo.php?fbid=10151390390579837&set=a.141584109836.107344.62662014836&type=1&theater

Do battle
pizza
pizza
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by pizza Tue 05 Feb 2013, 23:19

Just look at Facebbook under >>>> Agentur What a Face Filmgesichter there does it say that they are looking for ugly women!! Read the yellow product!
pizza
pizza
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by pizza Tue 05 Feb 2013, 23:29

I can not copy,
pizza
pizza
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Tue 05 Feb 2013, 23:44

Maybe they have to do this to make sure George will concentrate on his work...
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 06 Feb 2013, 03:42

Dior wrote:Maybe they have to do this to make sure George will concentrate on his work...

hahahahahahaha!!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 06 Feb 2013, 05:16

If they are putting' out Georgie will tap it . He heeeee

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Wed 06 Feb 2013, 08:03

No. Its not that at all. Consider that in those times, women were VERY poor, struggling to make ends meet, no make up, no hair dyes then unless you could afford luxuries. Remember there were food shortages as Hitler took most things for feeding his army.

Businesses didn't fare too well either if food was their market. Most of thse types will have been in this type of film with poverty being part of the script's theme. Women used will appear to be "ugly" but it just means contacts were the more honest, poorer ppl who could be more trusted with important info. Common ppl saw much, but usually feared Hitler to do anything.

Its just logical that he would want the film to have a more authentic atmosphere. George does things as real as possible, when doing anything with historical backgrounds.

So he's not trying to make anyone be ugly for bad reasons. Its for the best reasons. Thumbs up!
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Wed 06 Feb 2013, 09:30

No, that isn't true. The poor women used "natural" things for make up. For example they took the coal from the oven and painted their eyes with it and draw a line on their legs with the coal to make it look like nylons.
And blonde hair bleached by the sun looks exactly like dyed hair with roots!
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pink Ice 1990 Wed 06 Feb 2013, 18:42

cheers This is one of George's upcoming films that I've been the most interested in, and it's great that you'll get in on some of the filming experience of it.

Pink Ice 1990
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 06 Feb 2013, 22:10

Dior wrote:No, that isn't true. The poor women used "natural" things for make up. For example they took the coal from the oven and painted their eyes with it and draw a line on their legs with the coal to make it look like nylons.

Quote from short article about WW2 English ladies legs !

I assume the ladies in Europe did the same.
So hope George's team are aware of that for authenticity !

"As silk/nylon stockings were very scarce during WW2 they used a product called "Leg-tan" but if you could'nt afford it, like my sisters,
they used gravy browning powder, made in water as normal then applied to the legs and allowed to dry before the seam was drawn with eyebrow pencil."
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 06 Feb 2013, 22:26

Yep, that's true Joanna, heard the same stories regarding my Mom and her sisters in Scotland. In fact my Dad procured a lovely pair of nylons for my Mum and he was looked at in awe!!!

Rumour has it, giving her nylons sealed the engagement!!

Last edited by theminis on Wed 06 Feb 2013, 22:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add a thought)
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 06 Feb 2013, 22:40

sweet memories Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Wed 06 Feb 2013, 22:45

pizza wrote:@@Atalante>>>>yes I have Facebook pages.... Not worthy

Nah also, ... und deine facebookpagina ist ... ? Laughing
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 06 Feb 2013, 22:56

it's me wrote:sweet memories Smile

Yes!! Very Happy
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Wed 06 Feb 2013, 23:00

Joanna wrote:
Dior wrote:No, that isn't true. The poor women used "natural" things for make up. For example they took the coal from the oven and painted their eyes with it and draw a line on their legs with the coal to make it look like nylons.

Quote from short article about WW2 English ladies legs !

I assume the ladies in Europe did the same.
So hope George's team are aware of that for authenticity !

"As silk/nylon stockings were very scarce during WW2 they used a product called "Leg-tan" but if you could'nt afford it, like my sisters,
they used gravy browning powder, made in water as normal then applied to the legs and allowed to dry before the seam was drawn with eyebrow pencil."

Ah, so they even had eybrow pencils. And I think they had lipsticks too.
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Fri 08 Feb 2013, 05:44

If you lived in the city, such things as coal, kindling and such were hard to come by too, as you had to pay for everything. It was very tough to survive there because of all the crazy crap going on with the SS and other factions within a difficult army to control.

Ppl were turning others in for the money to survive. Germany, and surrounding countries in which he was either at war with or had already reduced to poverty and a lot of ashes.

But even old suit still darkens your eyes and makes lines. Lipstick could be anything with color in it like fruit if you could get it, pinching lips and cheeks. That was sometimes done just prior to a moment for its use. Things were very bad.

Our own recession of the 30s in US was terrible. Ppl died of starvation. rickets and other malnutrition diseases arose bad for a while. Its often the biggest factor to make leaders start wars sometimes, just to stimulate the economy by businesses making things and creating jobs. Terrible I know. But we women will always find a way when we really need to.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Fri 08 Feb 2013, 06:30

Women´s lives were controlled in WW2 Germany. Women were not expected to wear make-up or trousers. The dyeing of hair was not allowed nor were perms. Only flat shoes were expected to be worn. Women were discouraged from slimming as this was considered bad for child birth. Their role was to be good housewives and mothers.

"Take hold of kettle, broom and pan,
Then you’ll surely get a man!
Shop and office leave alone, Your true life work lies at home."

There must have been some sort of make-up and tricks women used, after all prior the WW2 Berlin was known as sinful city...very wild nightlife in 1920´s and 1930´s. But it all changed.

Color pics from the third reich:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by pizza Sun 10 Mar 2013, 12:27

Yesterday I was at the casting in Germany .... "The Mounument Men" (in GOSLAR). There is also a video that I'm seeing on the video. 1:15 Min Wink

A photo of the casting I'm the one with the red cap ....

Coolio
pizza
pizza
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 10 Mar 2013, 15:21

That's great pizza.....it looked an interesting day.

Have you been chosen for a part?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by pizza Sun 10 Mar 2013, 16:47

@Joanna>>>>>It was a casting, I was one of the first who was on site. I wanted to be around the hotel early in the Hotel Achtermann in Goslar a beauty and wonderful Shit hits the fan Hotel. For good luck, I was already at 9:09 clock half an hour later, thousands of people were there .... OMG
pizza
pizza
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 10 Mar 2013, 17:09

I give you lots of credit for doing this. Good Luck and have fun! sunny

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 10 Mar 2013, 17:15

Dior wrote:Why do they need ugly women? And who on earth will apply for this?

I think by ugly women they mean plain women who maybe look a little care worn. By Hollywood standards I think they would be described as "ugly."

And pizza by your avatar and in the video you don't look anything like ugly. I hope you get the part. lip smack
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Sun 10 Mar 2013, 17:21

I guess it's the arrogance and ignorance
of the Industry

that all German women are ugly

so George Clooney has no other choice
to look for ugly women when he's working
in Germany
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by pizza Sun 10 Mar 2013, 17:29

@cindigirl>>>>I did not have high hopes .... there were thousands of people there.
pizza
pizza
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by pizza Sun 10 Mar 2013, 17:39

@Vi>>>>Yes you are right .... in Germany, there is really not a nice man .... I live in Germany since birth .... I was born in Germany .... I am Italian and I have the Italian passport and nationality and I WILL NEVER CHANGE tHE!!
That's why my name on the Internet >>>>PIZZA<<<< Lots of happy Lots of happy Lots of happy Lots of happy Lots of happy Lots of happy Lots of happy Lots of happy Lots of happy Lots of happy
pizza
pizza
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 14 Mar 2013, 01:21

sounds like they want women that can represent the era. while women did use many tricks at that time for special occasions it was not an everyday thing, also women did not have tattoos or piercings in those days.

good luck Pizza!!
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by pizza Fri 15 Mar 2013, 21:11

@thenextmrs.clooney>>>>I do not understand .... sorry my english is not so good .... Write on ..... but if I talk to understand almost everything legal!! Sad
pizza
pizza
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by pizza Fri 15 Mar 2013, 21:16

@thenextmrs.clooney>>>>Now I understand what you've written. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Coolio
pizza
pizza
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Fri 15 Mar 2013, 21:35

why am i not surprised about this news?

very vera
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 15 Mar 2013, 21:38

very vera wrote:why am i not surprised about this news?

I remember you saying the food was great on Ides ?

Off topic really !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Fri 15 Mar 2013, 22:00

the food was fine although not treated well by some one

very vera
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next