George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum - Page 4 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum - Page 4 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

+24
Maggy
it's me
NotAvailable
cindigirl
Picachu
Dior
lelacorb
lucy
amaretti
pattygirl
Lighterside
Joanna
annemarie
Best in Category
Cynisca
LornaDoone
fava
Anders
Henway
OofOof
playfuldeb
phys major
suebee
Katiedot
28 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum - Page 4 Empty Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by it's me Sun 20 Jan 2013, 13:02

mmm

he will be.... 53/54
right?
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum - Page 4 Empty Re: The whole girlfriend discussion thread / feminism / why name calling doesn't fly on this forum

Post by phys major Sun 20 Jan 2013, 13:07

The film was made last may and George wasn't even sure if he was going to release it ...I don't know where u get your information from jonie but it is about the furthest from the truth than anyone on this forum!!!!
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Sun 20 Jan 2013, 13:10

I mean really a secret engagement ring!!!! Where the hell do dream this stuff up...they didn't even spend time together over the holidays...
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 20 Jan 2013, 15:06

Lighterside wrote:Lorna it's great that you've learned from your mistakes...try on some "compassion" one day, for those unfortunates, who don't learn from theirs and continue to make mistake after mistake...it works wonders on the soul!

And compassion has this capacity to help you understand that not everyone is you and has had your life experiences or the people in your life to help you to learn from your mistakes, when you did err.

You can judge all you like ladies but what I said still stands. Each and every one of you will account one day and it won't be to anyone here on the internet. I wish I could be there to hear you backpeddle about how "righteous" you were in defending "women" by tearing apart other women, in public, on the internet...draped in your "righteousness"!

Just my opinion of course! Thumbs up! So we can agree to disagree about Stacy and those like her.

thank you for thinking of my "soul" but really by your comments you're judging me just as I judge others so just to be clear - your righteousness as much as you feel is expressed to "help" those of us misguided judgers is just as judgmental as anyone else. Don't hide behind higher powers sweety. I sleep just fine at night! Brahahahaha!!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sun 20 Jan 2013, 16:41

I don't need to hide behind anything, thanks Lorna. I am who I am and I make no apologies for it as do you.

I tried to appeal to people's "better angels"...my mistake! I can assure you it won't happen again....you can rip apart and make sport of anyone you choose, I'll know better next time not to bother to speak up for what's right, instead of what's fashionable here.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sun 20 Jan 2013, 17:43

Joanna wrote:Fine Katie....suggested title....?

"The lunatics have taken over....."

Joking.......joking...... flower

Perfect title! I love it and it will increase traffic to the thread. Lunatics sharing their view, telling us about their idea... who calls the shots? Must read.

About the engagement ring - I don´t buy it. Not at this point anyway.
They married already in secret seremony. Mexico, las vegas who cares, result is the same. They are officially married. It is just waiting to be announced....

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sun 20 Jan 2013, 17:47

oh forgot to add this

“How do you spell 'love'?" - Piglet
"You don't spell it...you feel it." - Pooh”
― A.A. Milne”

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 20 Jan 2013, 18:07

Best in Category wrote:About the engagement ring - I don´t buy it. Not at this point anyway.

At least she's not flashing a napkin ring like Eli did. I may be wrong but I think that incident preceded their breakup.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sun 20 Jan 2013, 18:14

Napkin ring? Ok but how do we know this ring we are talking about her, didn´t come from Kinder surprise egg?

Blind items we´ll never know the aswer to...

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sun 20 Jan 2013, 19:16

BIC, is that Pippi Longstockings on your avatar?

Cute picture!
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 20 Jan 2013, 19:59

cindigirl wrote:
Best in Category wrote:About the engagement ring - I don´t buy it. Not at this point anyway.

At least she's not flashing a napkin ring like Eli did. I may be wrong but I think that incident preceded their breakup.

Cindy you are too intelligent to believe that Ely had a napkin ring on her finger! You have an idea of ​​how big a napkin? Definitely has a diameter that it can slide in four fingers but not in one! That could very well be a ring she had bought her a ring that gave him his father / mother, but it definitely was not a napkin! The nonsense let them tell reporters gossip.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sun 20 Jan 2013, 20:07

Maggy: Yes, Pippilotta Delicatessa Windowshade Mackrelmint Ephraim's Daughter Longstocking.

One of my nickname as a child was her house´s name “villekulla” for a reason…

Of course I am great fan of all her movies. One of my favorite scene is the tee party where Pippi is stealing cakes and biscuits and a lady who wants to send her to an orphan home asks her; wouldn´t you like to be like one of those well mannered madams over there when you grow up? And Pippi looks at the direction and replies: Oh you mean those old madams with three chins! No I don´t.

What comes to the napkin ring: Maybe she had played basketball prior this event and busted her finger. You can´t imagine how swollen they can get...ligament injuries...

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 20 Jan 2013, 20:12

Best in Category wrote:
Joanna wrote:Fine Katie....suggested title....?

"The lunatics have taken over....."

Joking.......joking...... flower

Perfect title! I love it and it will increase traffic to the thread. Lunatics sharing their view, telling us about their idea... who calls the shots? Must read.

About the engagement ring - I don´t buy it. Not at this point anyway.
They married already in secret seremony. Mexico, las vegas who cares, result is the same. They are officially married. It is just waiting to be announced....

did you like the tequila, Best?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 20 Jan 2013, 23:34

lelacorb and BIC

Here is the napkin ring that Cindigirl is talking about.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose Mon 21 Jan 2013, 00:22

So since I appear to be a little slow or just out ot touch.....are we now thinking George and Stacy are engaged or possibly secretly married or am I once again making crap up in my head and not living in reality? I do that sometimes. It's the voices in my head that keep talking and I have a tendency to listen to them. Smile
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 21 Jan 2013, 01:24

Yes Bic believes they have gotten married and Sk has given birth to triplets..which they have hidden somewhere in cali...along with her engagement ring...
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 21 Jan 2013, 03:06

phys major wrote:Yes Bic believes they have gotten married and Sk has given birth to triplets..which they have hidden somewhere in cali...along with her engagement ring...

Well, triplets isn't such a stretch. I mean, we're all pretty confident George has been snipped, right? So if he were to get a woman pregnant, it would have to be through some sort of medical/IVF procedure, which does have a much higher incidence of multiple births.

I wonder if they chose normal names, or if they went the Apple/Shiloh/Pilot Inspektor celebrity baby naming route? Wink
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 21 Jan 2013, 03:50

Oh my your really going to confuse m4rose...George doesn't have a penis at all ...that is what happened when he got snipped...now he has a strap on!!!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 21 Jan 2013, 04:10

phys major wrote:Oh my your really going to confuse m4rose...George doesn't have a penis at all ...that is what happened when he got snipped...now he has a strap on!!!
Lol!

gotpics
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Mon 21 Jan 2013, 07:48

It´s me: She hasn´t tasted tequila yet. And don´t encourage her… She obviously doesn´t catch everything now - how that would be after tequila?

Phys: thanks for bringing some sense to this.

But (yes there is always a but) now I am a bit worried how women will react to this penis revelation, which is scarier than anything...will they sob themselves to sleep tonight?

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:20

m4rose wrote:So since I appear to be a little slow or just out ot touch.....are we now thinking George and Stacy are engaged or possibly secretly married
Haha! No. Or rather, yes we are, but not seriously.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:13

Well Bic it was a tough one to reveal...as a older gentle man just told me recently, first the eyes go then the penis ...it was bound to happen anyway!!!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:19

so no tequila

rum?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Mon 21 Jan 2013, 17:53

Hej o hå and a bottle of rom!

…it was bound to happen…you are such a brat Phys! Let’s pretend it didn’t.

and see what happens

“What day is it?"
It's today," squeaked Piglet.
My favorite day," said Pooh.”

(Sorry, I have found Winnie the pooh book and can´t help but quote – this will go away in couple of days…) Very Happy

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 21 Jan 2013, 18:00

From one brat to another..love the piglet wisdom!!! Having my brain fried by the sun..I can't remember what day it is!!!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 21 Jan 2013, 18:06

BIC, you got me hooked Very Happy

Piglet: 'Pooh?'
Pooh: 'Yes, Piglet?'
Piglet: 'I've been thinking...'
Pooh: 'That's a very good habit to get into to, Piglet.'

Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Tue 22 Jan 2013, 08:40

Nice one Maggy.

I love Pooh philosophy

"I might have known," said Eeyore. "After all, one can't complain. I have my friends. Somebody spoke to me only yesterday. And was it last week or the week before that Rabbit bumped into me and said 'Bother!'. The Social Round. Always something going on." Very Happy

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Wed 23 Jan 2013, 00:33

Lighterside wrote:
It seems the internet gives everyone the "cover" they need to do the things they would NEVER do in person, face to face. Kind of like "bottled courage" but not the kind that George and Rande are selling now.

Thank you, Lighterside! My point exactly of how society is today. Everyone is quick to become judge, jury and executioner when they don't have to put a "face" to a name!
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 23 Jan 2013, 04:28

janieb wrote:
Lighterside wrote:
It seems the internet gives everyone the "cover" they need to do the things they would NEVER do in person, face to face. Kind of like "bottled courage" but not the kind that George and Rande are selling now.

Thank you, Lighterside! My point exactly of how society is today. Everyone is quick to become judge, jury and executioner when they don't have to put a "face" to a name!

Ah yes, coming for "lighterside" and "janieb" both your real names I'm sure.

Look on my twitter page I use my real name and I take responsibility for my comments. But I don't comment about George there because that's not the function of that page.

I don't use my real name here because I was stalked years ago by one of George's kook posters when I DID use my real name. I was new to these type of sites but lesson learned.

One thing I don't do is post on multiple sites using different names or even this name. This is the only George site that I comment on. New kid knew who I was - my real name and we met -- when I was on the cookie site. But that didn't change the tenor of my comments.

But I will agree with you both - over the years, the comments have gotten nastier. I just don't know if it's just a function of being anonymous, or if it's merely a function of society as a whole getting nastier.

I try really hard NOT to comment about someone's physical look. I may comment about a choice in dress. I will comment about a choice of action. I will also comment on a choice in career or job. You can always make better choices in dress, in action and in job/career but someone's physical look is much more difficult to change-- unless they're into plastic surgery -- so I try not to make those type of comments.

But everyone here has their own opinion - I think it's okay to disagree but it's not okay to lecture someone about the tone of their comments. If their comments bother you so much - then ignore them.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 23 Jan 2013, 06:18

Lighter, LornaDoone: you guys may not realise it, but you're actually in agreement with each other.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Thu 24 Jan 2013, 15:18

cindigirl wrote:

Maybe Eli was pretending to do a video of the Beyonce song, "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)."

Here is the link to the lyrics:

MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 24 Jan 2013, 15:47

yes
that one

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Thu 24 Jan 2013, 16:48

LornaDoone wrote:
janieb wrote:
Lighterside wrote:

Ah yes, coming for "lighterside" and "janieb" both your real names I'm sure.

Look on my twitter page I use my real name and I take responsibility for my comments. But I don't comment about George there because that's not the function of that page.

I don't use my real name here because I was stalked years ago by one of George's kook posters when I DID use my real name. I was new to these type of sites but lesson learned.

One thing I don't do is post on multiple sites using different names or even this name. This is the only George site that I comment on. New kid knew who I was - my real name and we met -- when I was on the cookie site. But that didn't change the tenor of my comments.

But I will agree with you both - over the years, the comments have gotten nastier. I just don't know if it's just a function of being anonymous, or if it's merely a function of society as a whole getting nastier.

I try really hard NOT to comment about someone's physical look. I may comment about a choice in dress. I will comment about a choice of action. I will also comment on a choice in career or job. You can always make better choices in dress, in action and in job/career but someone's physical look is much more difficult to change-- unless they're into plastic surgery -- so I try not to make those type of comments.

But everyone here has their own opinion - I think it's okay to disagree but it's not okay to lecture someone about the tone of their comments. If their comments bother you so much - then ignore them.

Um, LornaDoone, this is my real name and the picture is of me. Not much hiding going on there! I don't use a fake name for any of my social media accounts. If you read your own comments you are agreeing with both of us, even if you don't realize that you are doing it. Very Happy
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4