George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
New Project :Clooney, Greengrass plot Sony crime pic EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
New Project :Clooney, Greengrass plot Sony crime pic EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
New Project :Clooney, Greengrass plot Sony crime pic EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
New Project :Clooney, Greengrass plot Sony crime pic EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
New Project :Clooney, Greengrass plot Sony crime pic EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
New Project :Clooney, Greengrass plot Sony crime pic EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
New Project :Clooney, Greengrass plot Sony crime pic EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
New Project :Clooney, Greengrass plot Sony crime pic EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
New Project :Clooney, Greengrass plot Sony crime pic EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

New Project :Clooney, Greengrass plot Sony crime pic

+2
melbert
silly girl
6 posters

Go down

New Project :Clooney, Greengrass plot Sony crime pic Empty New Project :Clooney, Greengrass plot Sony crime pic

Post by silly girl Thu 29 Nov 2012, 01:46

Here is a future project from Variety ---no title yet:

Clooney, Greengrass plot Sony crime pic

Argo' producers reteam with scribe Chris Terrio on untitled feature
By JEFF SNEIDER

The team behind "Argo" is planning another caper, as producers George Clooney and Grant Heslov will reunite with scribe Chris Terrio on an untitled crime movie that Paul Greengrass is attached to direct and produce.
Sources tell Variety the project is in development at Sony, where Clooney and Heslov's Smoke House banner has a first-look deal. Clooney is attached to star. Details of Terrio's script, an original story set in the world of New York criminal syndicates, are being kept under wraps.

A hot commodity in Hollywood thanks to "Argo," Terrio was recently named to Variety's list of 10 Screenwriters to Watch. He just finished the first draft of the New York-set remake of French thriller "Tell No One" for Warner Bros. and producer Kathleen Kennedy, and he's also writing "A Murder Foretold" for Paramount and producers Mark Roybal and Steve Zaillian.

Scribe, who got his start co-writing and directing Sony Pictures Classics' 2005 drama "Heights," has had three scripts on the Black List including "Argo," an unsold spec titled "Baltimore" and "The Ends of the Earth," an epic about 20th Century capitalism that Jennifer Lawrence is attached to topline for the Weinstein Co. and Escape Artists.

Clooney and Heslov teamed with director-star Ben Affleck to produce "Argo," which has grossed nearly $100 million for WB, GK Films and Smoke House. Duo recently co-wrote and produced Clooney's political drama "The Ides of March" and are also producing John Wells' adaptation of "August: Osage County" for the Weinstein Co.

Clooney, who's coming off an Oscar nomination for "The Descendants," will next be seen opposite Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's space thriller "Gravity." He's in negotiations to topline Brad Bird's alien invasion pic "1952" for Disney as he preps his next directorial effort, period art heist drama "The Monuments Men," which Smoke House is producing for Sony.

Greengrass recently wrapped producing Sony's Tom Hanks starrer "Captain Phillips." He continues to develop the Martin Luther King Jr. pic "Memphis" with producer Scott Rudin as a possible independent production.

CAA reps Clooney, Greengrass and Terrio, who's also repped by Anonymous Content. Clooney and Greengrass are also repped by attorneys Michael Adler and Carlos Goodman, respectively.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

New Project :Clooney, Greengrass plot Sony crime pic Empty Re: New Project :Clooney, Greengrass plot Sony crime pic

Post by melbert Thu 29 Nov 2012, 02:06

Well, if all these are true, our George is going to keep pretty busy, both in front and behind the camera! Yay George!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

New Project :Clooney, Greengrass plot Sony crime pic Empty Re: New Project :Clooney, Greengrass plot Sony crime pic

Post by Katiedot Thu 29 Nov 2012, 03:23

Absolutely, Mel! Really happy that he's keeping busy making and starring in films. After this year's quietness I was beginning to worry that he was starting to cut back on work.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 26 Mar 2013, 20:01

Looking at an article on Chris Terrio, I noticed a quote from Variety about the next Smokehouse production, starring one George Clooney, written by Terrio, and directed by Paul Greengrass! It's untltled but about a New York crime syndicate.

Do we have this anywhere? Variety edition November 28, 2012

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 26 Mar 2013, 23:09

I don't know if it's on here but I read something just recently that had a sentence or whatever. All I remember it was about a NY crime syndicate and I'm originally from NY it stuck in my mind. I know a little about this subject. But then I thought it might be one of those projects that was dropped.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

New Project :Clooney, Greengrass plot Sony crime pic Empty temp thread please dont post

Post by party animal - not! Tue 26 Mar 2013, 23:31

Yep, it does seem to have been either forgotten or just buried as news - except of course, it was in a trade paper.

What made me wonder were the key names, Clooney, Heslov, and Terrio. Not to mention the director, Greengrass. The piece mentioned a start date of early 2014 which would work, especially if His Nibs had the lead role.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 27 Mar 2013, 04:08

Hi ladies, I've just moved your posts to this thread.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Wed 27 Mar 2013, 06:01

Paul greengrass is brilliant
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down