George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Villa Oleandra - George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Villa Oleandra - George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Villa Oleandra - George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Villa Oleandra - George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 5 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Villa Oleandra - George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 5 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Villa Oleandra - George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 5 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Villa Oleandra - George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Villa Oleandra - George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 5 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Villa Oleandra - George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 5 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy

+50
PigPen
Alisonfan
Donnamarie
LizzyNY
Silje
bgarabedian
NewFanForever
Carla97
NotAvailable
isogotit
Juliette Hardy
annemarie
Barbara Garabedian
pizza
noodle
LornaDoone
theminis
party animal - not!
What Would He Say
amaretti
Vi
Nicky80
Mazy
playfuldeb
Cinderella
Lakin460
Maggy
Joanna
macs
MM
sarah ali
Henway
laetval
fluffy
pattygirl
MyGirlKylie
cindigirl
lelacorb
sandwiches
lucy
blubelle
lolo"layla"
Merlin
PigLove
Atalante
Dexterdidit
it's me
melbert
Katiedot
54 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Villa Oleandra - George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 5 Empty Re: George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy

Post by annemarie Mon 08 Jul 2013, 00:24

The boat dock is further too the lefts it is in front of the swimming pool.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Villa Oleandra - George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 5 Empty Re: George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy

Post by it's me Mon 08 Jul 2013, 00:36

Oh thanks

But how can you know that? 
You there? Very Happy
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 08 Jul 2013, 00:40

I M, if you look at some of the previously published pix, you'll see it, altho I actually think there are two. One to the left and another which can be seen from the harbour

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 08 Jul 2013, 00:44

2?? Why 2? One for kids, maybe?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 08 Jul 2013, 01:12

Maybe it came with two. The house used to belong to John Kerry and his wife. She inherited it when her first husband, heir to the Heinz empire, died

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 08 Jul 2013, 01:19

Speaking of John Kerry's wife she was taken to the hospital today in critical condition. Will post a link and story in party in the kitchen.

Link to COH thread about Teresa Heinz Kerry
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 08 Jul 2013, 01:53

Hope the best for her!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 14 Jul 2013, 20:53

Video of George's house in Como from the outside...2011

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 14 Jul 2013, 21:17

Thanks for the video Joanna.

Very pretty. His House drive way is right next to a busy street. I wouldn's walk there were this guy walked would be scared to get killed LOL. Guess george has to be carefull when driving in and out his drive way. Italiens drive crazy Shocked 
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 14 Jul 2013, 21:18

Thanks
Not always but many times....

And yes, hope he will be carefull!!!!!!

Thanks for the vid! Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 14 Jul 2013, 21:52

Have to say that pap really knows how to use up the minutes - by starting at the top of the village absolutely nowhere near Villa Oleandra.........!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Sun 14 Jul 2013, 21:53

Oooo, such cobbled pavements. A girl can't walk around comfortably in her stilettos on those!!!
Embarassed 
Lush & green though.
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Sun 14 Jul 2013, 21:56

I've seen this a couple of years ago. Some Eastern European guy complaining about eggs being hurled at him by Clooney & his friends. Like he wasn't intruding on their privacy, stalking the property....

Rolling Eyes 

Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 14 Jul 2013, 21:56

oh yeah broken food is not good Stretchered out Better come with sexy trainers LOL
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 14 Jul 2013, 21:58

Nice of George to use eggs. He is so polite. He could have used stones....Lucky stalker Wink 
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 14 Jul 2013, 22:00

I was there
Walked around the perimeter 
And made a little trip around Laglio too

HU! Got a bit rain too Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 14 Jul 2013, 22:04

Nice. Easy to walk around? Is Laglio pretty? Is his house close to the city centre?
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Sun 14 Jul 2013, 22:10

Did you play knock n' run, It's Me??
Do tell!!!

Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by isogotit Sun 14 Jul 2013, 22:10

Really pretty; I love the house, wish we could see the inside. This could be my vacation home. George throw eggs, never!
isogotit
isogotit
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 14 Jul 2013, 22:20

Well yes, easy to walk around, if (now) you don't stop walking and you don't try to bother

Between the two houses, Oleandra and Margherita, you can reach a little no sand beach

The 'centre' is really close too
At least the church and the La Lanterna bar  

Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 14 Jul 2013, 22:24

mmhh Church and bar nice combination LOL

Thought the two houses, Oleandra and Margherita were connected on one proberty. Interesting.....Why did he buy the second one again?
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 14 Jul 2013, 22:33

Again? 
Anyway it seems he bought that for guests
And maybe for not have peering eyes too!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 14 Jul 2013, 22:36

LOL ok thanks
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 15 Jul 2013, 00:05

isogotit wrote:Really pretty; I love the house, wish we could see the inside.  This could be my vacation home.  George throw eggs, never!

I think you'll see the inside of the Villa on video on this thread....first few pages maybe.
Have a search ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by isogotit Mon 15 Jul 2013, 01:21

Joanna wrote:
isogotit wrote:Really pretty; I love the house, wish we could see the inside.  This could be my vacation home.  George throw eggs, never!

I think you'll see the inside of the Villa on video on this thread....first few pages maybe.
Have a search ?
Thanks
Very Happy 
isogotit
isogotit
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Mon 15 Jul 2013, 07:10

it's me wrote:Well yes, easy to walk around, if (now) you don't stop walking and you don't try to bother

Smile

Oh, wow! You sure explored it well, It's Me...Laughing 
I wouldn't be tempted to play Ding Dong Ditch & run away either.
Afraid a passing carabinieri might see me or Einstein might bark...

Beautiful villa.
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 15 Jul 2013, 07:15

Dingdongditch LOOOL funny!!

You brave.....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Villa Oleandra - George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 5 Empty !!!!

Post by pizza Mon 15 Jul 2013, 07:28

the video is old and the one who produced the video and speaking in the video is an idiot!!

Joanna wrote:Video of George's house in Como from the outside...2011

pizza
pizza
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by pizza Mon 15 Jul 2013, 07:33

the video was uploaded to Youtube on 04/11/2011!!

Uploaded on 04.11.2011

The video is on Youtube:

Paparazzi Diary. Ft. George Clooney's Villa & Lake Como. Oct. 30, 20
pizza
pizza
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Villa Oleandra - George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 5 Empty Georges House in Italy

Post by pizza Mon 15 Jul 2013, 07:35

Uploaded on 04.11.2011

The video is on Youtube:

Joanna wrote:Video of George's house in Como from the outside...2011

pizza
pizza
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by pizza Mon 15 Jul 2013, 07:36

The video is old, I've seen it a year ago on Youtube!!

Uploaded on 04.11.2011

The video is on Youtube:

pizza
pizza
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Mon 15 Jul 2013, 08:07

What about local grocers that would be worth visiting if you needed some quick groceries, Its Me? How close are they? Did you notice what types of markets are close by?
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 09:47

"the video is old and the one who produced the video and speaking in the video is an idiot!!"

Oh lordy lord you are right! Must be, I take your word for it. Ah, the face of hillbillies once they are finally given an Internet connection...posting videos... Such an incredible sight to see... And probably add to the mess all those backwood views
get seen to the world.

Villa is beautiful!

Disclaimer: I haven´t seen "old video" or the villa. Smile
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:41

Um...hillbillies... Um George IS from Kentucky. And grew up enjoying his life there. I know you might not mean it that way, but some might say that is racist. Or kinda racial... But I have become inured to it myself, being a hillbillie and proud of it. I am sure, like George is too. Rolling Eyes  he doesn't talk about it much, but neither does he say he isn't. He grew up much like many a other hillbillie did, moving around from house to house, sometimes trailer parks.

It doesn't make anyone anything because they grew up a certain way. As his family is very nice and his father worked in many good positions within the world of broadcasting and TV. And believe me, hillbillies come in many shades and colours too. Most are noisy, bold and some are way out there, but most are humble folk. Come from almost every walk of life, all over the world.

They got the name hillbillies because ppl thought they were all of them backward and uneducated. Because they didn't talk the same way or didn't know the same kinds of things. What they knew, you could actually live on in the good green earth and survive. Most of them. But today, its not always so. They went a way to cities and grew up, went back later to raise their kids in the country and things changed to a bit worse. Kids dropping out of school and then not even learning how to survive in the land where they grew up.

But things are so bad now, that they are forced to learn how to survive off of the land again, as best as they can. And only a few who really understand how to do that. For examples.

OK, Not trying to make anyone feel bad or anything. Just trying to help raise the understanding of how hillbillies are, a bit. It might surprise you who has a hillbillie background. There are supposed to be quite a few movie stars who have that I hear. Don't know them myself, but they are out there.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Mon 15 Jul 2013, 10:59

Our forum member pizza is from Germany, I think. is that so, pizza? My own mother's Father's family had come from Germany also and her Mother's family from Ireland.. My father's Mother's family from Ireland and his father's mother's family from Sweden. So I am mostly Irish German with a little Swedish. But thats what kind of hillbillies one can have from many areas of the country where there were isolated village like places, sometimes in the hill country places like WV, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and I am sure, in the western part of US also. But there you get called red necks sometimes because of that. Thumbs up! 
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:07

Shocked Shocked  I know the word "redneck". Many years ago I lived for three years in California (work) and came across that word. Somebody "warned" me for rednecks as I got told those are racists. They don't like none americans and especially if you are not local. So that word scars me a bit. Are they really that bad?
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:29

Its OK Carla97. It might seem like I am picking on you, but I'm not. I really don't like to waste my time doing that. But you would be surprised how many times I have heard hillbillies being slurred. They are the butt of many jokes. because they behave different and talk dif, think dif and don't place value on the same things as others might. Its just that if one grew up poor, had to work for whatever was had, sometimes dif from the way others work, because they had to work off the land, they may not see the value in some things others prize or have to learn what others value and why, because its an idea they never contemplated much before.

But despite these facts that have been true for many years for most hillbillies, things have actually changed in the last 50 years or so. Like in many countries where ppl are poor and slower to grab certain ideas of modernity, like in Italy for some folks, The "better life" is all around and visible these days and some simpler folk have gotten used to it and also enjoy some of the things that money can buy. WV its self has changed that way a lot. But not everybody can afford the things they see or want.

I learned the hard way as a child in a fam of 7 growing up with a railroad worker for a dad, that its better not to want so many things, then you aren't disappointed when you don't have something someone else does.

OK a bit off topic but back to the topic. George has done well for himself. His homes are beautiful and he fully appreciates them, enjoys their beauty and magnificence and especially the lovely little town of Laglio where those very quaint small town like ppl share their local delights with him and love him. And not just because he is a film star. Because of how gracious, polite and , kind he is. He learned how to be that way growing up where he did and also because his fam were like that. I hope I can visit laglio someime and see how nice it is. The whole area surrounding it is quite beautiful and breath taking.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:38

Well, to be truthful, you have some bad apples in every bunch or type of group of ppl. Not all ppl in any group are going to be bad. There are nice ppl too in every grouping you could mention. I said that before, that jokes range wildly about hillbillies or rednecks as they often get called too. But its just a dif in behaviour and lingo, mostly. But the ones hanging out in bars anywhere will be the noisier ones, mostly. You've seen the films that have used that concept where someone raised in the country gets the barroom fight because someone decided they didn't like them and called them out in some way, trying to make them look stupid or like a trouble maker. Most are just really baudy jokers who love telling it the "perverted way". lol
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:40

Joanie's Clone wrote:What about local grocers that would be worth visiting if you needed some quick groceries, Its Me? How close are they? Did you notice what types of markets are close by?

Don't remember
Went to some random Al lago (?) restaurant

But I remember housekeepers or Giovanni too mentioned in some article as going out in the morning  for newspapers and fresh breakfast sweets 

Saw many little videos from national tv where people of Laglio talked about him
All happy Very Happy of him living there

But those vids are Impossible to find I guess Neutral
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:41

Okay, can we keep this on topic, which concerns George's House in Italy.

And Id really like it if we could keep the cultural/racial stereotyping to a minimum please. Some of the terms used above are labels and can be offensive to others.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:51

Anyway put a search Laglio lake  Como on you tube
You will find a nice vid

Ciao!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:57

Thanks IT's me. Give Flowers 

Topic: George's house is very lovely from the outside. Love all the green and the way he uses it to create a lovely screen of privacy. Those inside it will always feel surrounded by beauty and grace. Think there will be some of those type of trees there too that the villa was named after. Lovely blossons no doubt in the spring and early summer. maybe longer.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 11:58

Thanks it's me...

Villa Oleandra has like around 16 bedrooms right and Villa Margherita?
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:10

Dunno 

The name went after the plant Oleandro
Very common in Northern Italy
Nice colours but Poisonous!

But he put a lot of jasmin too Very Happy

Surely the whole house is fantastic, a dream!

Last edited by it's me on Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:13; edited 1 time in total
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:12

Thank you for the feedback and explanation of the origin of hillbillies.
It has come a long way from Alabama, the word, I mean. It is common and used outside of US in many different contexts.

Talking about wrong choices of words. I was in a garden party held by International company. Food presented from all around the world. I stood in the yard in a small group of people, plate in one hand, wine class on the other. Someone asked how did I like the chicken? I said it was good. Then she practically screamed at me how the chicken has been slaughtered brutally etc. Did I realize it´s halal-meat? No I didn´t. So, to calm her down I said I wouldn´t have taken it at all if I knew. Then this man turned to me and said I´m kafir, infidel and many things I didn´t understand and that it´s absolutely haram for me to make any judgement about the chicken.

I was about to pass the plate to the man and say "you eat it" but I just said belle journée and went elsewhere.

+ little later someone said I look like botticelli´s angel. I was flattered, but at home I looked up some of his work, like primavera, and all those angels are fat. Shocked 
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:16

Yep. Neutral Huff
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:22

Villa Oleandro has also one long big bedroom on the top floor too, doesn't it? Never used, according to some earlier posts on some other thread, maybe this one. Gotta go at the moment, so can't check. Smile
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 15 Jul 2013, 12:33

Lol
In some interview if I remember well he said this is too big
He doesn't like to stay there

Alone Wink
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 15 Jul 2013, 14:46

Well then It's Me as you are one of the closest I nominate you to share that bedroom so George doesn't feel its too big for him, I mean its the least you could do. (ps want pics)
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Mon 15 Jul 2013, 14:52

Beautiful house ! I heard there is a gelato place near that you can walk to . Very Happy 

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next