George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Villa Oleandra - George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 3 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Villa Oleandra - George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Villa Oleandra - George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Villa Oleandra - George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Villa Oleandra - George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Villa Oleandra - George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Villa Oleandra - George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Villa Oleandra - George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Villa Oleandra - George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 3 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy

+50
PigPen
Alisonfan
Donnamarie
LizzyNY
Silje
bgarabedian
NewFanForever
Carla97
NotAvailable
isogotit
Juliette Hardy
annemarie
Barbara Garabedian
pizza
noodle
LornaDoone
theminis
party animal - not!
What Would He Say
amaretti
Vi
Nicky80
Mazy
playfuldeb
Cinderella
Lakin460
Maggy
Joanna
macs
MM
sarah ali
Henway
laetval
fluffy
pattygirl
MyGirlKylie
cindigirl
lelacorb
sandwiches
lucy
blubelle
lolo"layla"
Merlin
PigLove
Atalante
Dexterdidit
it's me
melbert
Katiedot
54 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Villa Oleandra - George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy

Post by MM Mon 19 Sep 2011, 15:17

Here is my agenda if were to visit Lake Como: Sail on the lake, walk and shop in the neighborhood, go on sight-seeing tours, hang out in the bars and trattorias (they are an Italian-style version of a neighborhood fast-food/bar establishment, great food at a low-cost), and, if I were to run into George, give him a hug and a warm Cincinnati-style welcome.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Villa Oleandra - George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy

Post by pattygirl Mon 19 Sep 2011, 17:00

Sounds like a great agenda. When are you going? Can I come along? I'd gladly split the cost. Smile
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Mon 19 Sep 2011, 17:19

We should all go there, get a chartered flight and book a hotel. We should go in the summer when we are most likely to run into George. Then, we can give him a big Clooney-licious welcome and group-hug Drink 2 Drink 3 Chased
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 19 Sep 2011, 17:46

Sounds like a plan. cheers Sofa bounce
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Mon 19 Sep 2011, 18:06

Can I come too ? I mean a know Rome and the South of italy, I'm just waiting for an occasion to visit up north
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 19 Sep 2011, 18:57

Just a theory about why G doesn't like to sleep in that big bedroom. Maybe he likes things small and intimate.

I'm small and can be intimate, I'll be the first to volunteer. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2011, 19:33

MM, I'm onboard! Then we could start our own rumors about him having a new GF with each and every one of us… Wouldn’t that be funny? George getting pictured with 10 different girls at the same party and the internet goes crazy trying to pick the new GF… one of them has to be, right?… lol!

"I'm small and can be intimate, I'll be the first to volunteer. LOL"

Too funny, Cindi! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 19 Sep 2011, 19:42

Sounds like a fun time. Everybody got their passports? Need those.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 19 Sep 2011, 19:48

We can only hope that Stacy hasn't worn him out or beat him up.

Sure Cinderella we can all line up like super models and let him pick which one of us he wants to start with. OK so who's got the smallest bikini? LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 19 Sep 2011, 19:54

Won't be me, I guarantee you that. I won't be in that lineup either, wouldn't want to embarass you girls. Too much of me to go around.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 19 Sep 2011, 20:24

patty - I know you have enough kindness and wisdom to go around.
c'mon, join the lineup.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 19 Sep 2011, 21:42

I don't it's a guest room
this is the master bedroom!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Mon 19 Sep 2011, 22:01

pattygirl wrote:Won't be me, I guarantee you that. I won't be in that lineup either, wouldn't want to embarass you girls. Too much of me to go around.

I should talk!! With my plus size, I would give George a reputation for being a "chubby chaser."
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 19 Sep 2011, 22:05

LOL !
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 19 Sep 2011, 22:32

ciaooooooo
buonanotte
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Mon 19 Sep 2011, 22:45

It's not about size, it's not about age, it's about being on the same page and really listening, about understanding where both people want to go, and about giving each other the right to grow. Not sure if George is there yet.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 19 Sep 2011, 23:40

Don't know if he'll ever get there. Not sure if he'll ever understand. Don't know if he's read that book so he could be on "the same page" with another.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Sep 2011, 00:28

Maybe we should buy him that book... I'll pitch in!

And… I didn't mean we all had to sleep with him... just taking a picture with him would be enough to start rumors... So, count me out on lining up and having him pick who goes first... that would insult me!
Since it's only a picture with him, I'll let everyone else go first. I know I'll get my turn! From what I hear he’s very accommodating!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 18 Oct 2011, 16:43

Found by Henway, this is supposedly George's place in Italy.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Thu 22 Mar 2012, 13:15

Don't know if it's true ... but new neighbourg, maybe ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Silvio Berlusconi's house hunt is over.

Italy: Berlusconi buys villa on lake where Clooney resides
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
After a five-year effort to acquire a villa on Lake Como, Berlusconi bought a mansion from his good friend senator Marcello Dell'Utri, according to a report in the Il Giornale newspaper.
The report in the daily owned by Berlusconi's brother Paolo didn't disclose the price but said the property has about 30 rooms, a tennis court, and a boat dock. He has been looking for a lakefront property since 2007.
The shore of Lake Como, near the border with Switzerland, is lined with mansions, including one belonging to American actor George Clooney.
Dell'Utril met Berlusconi more than 50 years ago and is one of his closest friends and confidants.
Earlier this month, an Italian court scrapped a 7-year sentence for alleged mafia association, ruling the Dell'Urti trial must be redone. It is widely expected that the case will be dropped when the statute of limitations kicks in.
Billionaire Berlusconi has numerous properties including homes near Milan, Sardinia and Antigua.

Last edited by macs on Thu 22 Mar 2012, 17:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because it is better if I write down all the words...)
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 22 Mar 2012, 16:13

Censored
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 22 Mar 2012, 18:52

Oh Dear.......Poor GTC having him as a neighbour
when he's on holiday....ah well.... It happens

Time for a move then, across the water ??
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Thu 22 Mar 2012, 23:28

I have a house that I'm willing to sell to him. Smile
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 22 Mar 2012, 23:57

I wouldn't want to be near that house!

Last edited by Maggy on Fri 23 Mar 2012, 18:09; edited 1 time in total
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 23 Mar 2012, 02:07

There goes the neighborhood! Damn... keep away from the bunga bunga parties George!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 24 Mar 2012, 21:59

look

investigation about the purchasing...

Negotiation Mafia-state, the attorney shall investigate the villa sold by Dell'Utri Berlusconi By order of the Prosecutor of Palermo, the Guardia di Finanza acquired the deed that establishes the ownership of the luxury real estate on Lake Como. Suspicion falls on the date of disposal, on the eve of the judgment of Supreme Court on charges of open competition, and the figure, nearly 21 million. The former premier had already paid over ten former right hand man "for help in restructuring" Palermo Prosecutor's Office is investigating the last real estate deal of Silvio Berlusconi, perfected with suspicious timing, the day before the judgment of the Supreme Court concerning the sentence to seven years in prison for complicity with the Mafia against Dell'Utri. I Antonio Ingroia pm, Antonino Di Matteo and Lia Sava, investigating the role that would Marcello Dell'Utri in negotiations with the Mafia in the early nineties, they want to see clearly the passage of the lakeside villa of his friend Silvio Marcello . Long before the newspapers publish the actual sale as if it was just gossip (the journal has distinguished itself with articles in which they revealed an obsession with the Knight for a villa on the lake identified at last, to fortuitous coincidence, the home of his companion Dell'Utri) the prosecutors were interested in real estate transaction from an entirely different perspective.

Yesterday, the men of the core currency of the Finance Police of Palermo, led by Major Peter Vinco, acquired at the Milan office of Notary Arrigo Roveda the act of buying the villa Dell'Utri by Berlusconi. Just two weeks after signing the deed, the magistrates investigating the Mafia-state negotiations have been reading the forty pages of the act. Done The newspaper is in possession of the voluminous document of sale and is able to reveal the details, starting by abnormal price: 20 million 970 thousand euros.

Of course, the villa on Lake Como is a dream home. Four buildings with a total of 40 rooms, tennis court, swimming pool, two docks, a park for three thousand acres. But the check that Berlusconi has removed the 'Senator from March 8 to buy the PDL is still exaggerated. Especially when you consider that the most recent survey (in 2004) had estimated 9, 3 million, which the experts were not prejudiced against because of technical co-operative Credit Florence led the other friend Denis Verdini and, moreover, that the former Prime Minister in 2011 had already made 9, 5 million current accounts Dell'Utri, in part used to renovate his house.

A suspicious judges are a number of circumstances. First, the sums: Berlusconi paid to Senator Dell'Utri, on trial on charges of being the mediator or the ambassador of the mafia in the Fininvest empire, a sum that exceeds 30 million. On May 22, 2008 by Monte Paschi reaches the first million and a half. In 2011, Feb. 25 from the Banca Intesa account raining another million on the senator 's March 11 collects 7 million more. Dell'Utri, interviewed by Corriere della Sera, justifies so much kindness: "I am a fallen prince, renovated it and then sell the villa " . But yesterday investigators found that the act makes no reference to these contributions, then add up to nearly 21 million paid two weeks ago.

The day of the deed from the bank account of People's Bank of Sondrio depart five transfers. Four to heal and settle the debts of Senator mortgages on the house: three million go to the Cooperative Credit Florence and 2, 5 to Abbey National. The fifth bank is on behalf of Miranda Rats Anna, wife of Dell'Utri, who receives the payment more impressive: 15, 7 million. A total of 21. An injection of liquidity by Providence for the finances of Dell'Utri and a sudden and significant outlay for a millionaire in euros as Berlusconi arrives at a very special date: the 'March 8, 2012, exactly one day before the judgment of the Court of Supreme Court on conviction on appeal to seven years in prison for complicity with the Mafia against Dell'Utri (the day after the senator was unavailable for 48 hours, those who say overseas).

The timing is suspicious that the prosecutors in Palermo, owners of the investigation that sees the senator under investigation for threats to the body of the State. The day after the act, March 9, Delll'Utri could be sentenced to seven years in prison with two indifferent consequences: loss of freedom and the risk of opening a real process of preventive measures with the possible seizure real estate, that the villa only good name of the Senator. Things, thanks to the Assistant Attorney General Francesco Iacoviello and the board chaired by Aldo Grassi, took another turn: Dell'Utri has since set aside the sentence with reference to hand and sees the prescription in June 2014, but the 'March 8 that no one could know.

Roveda the notary to sign the act are the wife of Salvatore Sciascia and Dell'Utri, appointed just two days before the special prosecutor of Berlusconi. Sciascia is a man of confidence of the former premier. Senator and former accountant of the PDL of Fininvest, Sciascia was definitely convicted by the Supreme Court to 2 years and 6 months for having made illegal payments to some members of the Guardia di Finanza in order to get tax checks to companies mild Berlusconi. The 'March 8 Sciascia respects the will of the Knight who had the special power of attorney given a mandate to buy at a price "not exceeding 21 million." The friendship.

Marco Lillo and David Old

Done by The Daily of March 24, 2012

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 24 Mar 2012, 23:35

I was thinking the same thing Mel. There goes the neighbourhood. I hope George ignores him cause he has already had some bad headlines just by meeting him once!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 30 Mar 2012, 19:28

I agree with you Dexterdidit.

I'm thinking right now about that saying
"Tell me who your friends are and I'll tell you who you are" pale
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Sat 31 Mar 2012, 20:45

Berlusconi just doesn't know when to quit, eh? Why is he buying a villa on Lake Como, of all places?
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 31 Mar 2012, 21:01

Maggy wrote:I agree with you Dexterdidit.

I'm thinking right now about that saying
"Tell me who your friends are and I'll tell you who you are" pale

Oh... I'll certainly drink to that Shit hits the fan 10 out of 10
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sun 01 Apr 2012, 22:53

Thanks for that article, It's Me. Very interesting.
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Villa Oleandra - George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 3 Empty VIDEO: GEORGE'S VILLA IN COMO

Post by Joanna Wed 27 Jun 2012, 12:04

Just in case no one has seen inside George's villa in Como, there are some
views of it here at the start of his interview.

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Wed 27 Jun 2012, 12:29

Thanks, Jo!
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 27 Jun 2012, 12:34

sweet memories
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 27 Jun 2012, 13:48

Just moving this to the thread about his house in italy.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 07 Jul 2012, 16:15

Villa Margherita
before G bought it

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sat 07 Jul 2012, 17:29

If this is the same villa, George did an amazing job fixing it up.

Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 07 Jul 2012, 17:52

I don't think that is the same building. The pic above is villa Margherita which I think is an editing studio and maybe guest house while the one Maggy posted looks like Villa Oleandra where he lives. George owns both.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 07 Jul 2012, 18:26

You are right Katie.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 07 Jul 2012, 18:47

from that

to that

I guess it would have been a great restoring!

it was from that

to that

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 07 Jul 2012, 18:50

Lots of pictures of both villas here...

WARNING

Includes pictures of girl friend(s) too !!

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 07 Jul 2012, 18:55

WOWZERS!! Thanks Joanna!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 07 Jul 2012, 18:56

so no
thanks
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 09 Jul 2012, 16:44

Joanna wrote:Lots of pictures of both villas here...

WARNING

Includes pictures of girl friend(s) too !!

Jo, what kind of link was that (you funny)

Thanks, Katie and MI for that info.
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Mon 09 Jul 2012, 19:37

I didn't realize how much restoration work was done. Thanks for sharing the photos.
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 09 Jul 2012, 23:59

my pleasure
Mag
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 10 Jul 2012, 07:17

according to these sites, George sold it to Tom Cruise who is doing the restoration:

Tom Cruise and Katie Homes Divorce: The Couple’s Properties

Renovations were taking place at the Villa Margherita on Lake Como, in northern Italy when this photo was taken back in 2006. The property was sold by George Clooney to Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes for 5.5 million Euros ($6.9 million).

and

Beside the already famous Villa Oleandra is Villa Margherita, smaller for some time that is being renovated. A huge garden joins the two buildings.
Many items overlap on the face that will inhabit the house, once the restructuring. Tom Cruise to the more palatable.

Villa Margherita
Via Vecchia Regina
22010 Laglio (CO)

and

pictures: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and
4/10/2006

Clooney, the fourth villa in Laglio

Como, work in progress at Villa Margherita
George Clooney seems determined to colonize the lake of Como and loving touches and four share. A Laglio the actor has in fact initiated the restructuring of Villa Margherita, which is in addition to Villa Oleandra, a few hundred meters, and two other buildings, used as a gym and guest quarters. And so, after Cindy Crawford, the last of celebrities hosted by George, in the area expect a swarm of other celebrities.

Between Clooney and Italy now is love tested. The charm of Laglio led the actor to create a sort of "Clooneylandia": villa after villa, George, as king, is extending its domain and, correspondingly, is transforming the area of ​​Lake Como in a refined branch Hollywood.

Bought two and half years ago from the star, Villa Margherita is a Liberty-style building overlooking the now famous beach. That, to be clear, that the plaintiff intended to buy, but by popular acclaim, the City Council has finally decided not to sell or to contract out.

The project includes the restoration of the villa, which will be converted into two floors, a floor at street level day and night over a plan, and the arrangement of the beach, which will remain public. The restoration is expected by next summer, the house will be connected with an iron bridge to the park of Villa Oleandra, the main villa of the actor.

Good news for fans (perhaps less good for Clooney): Unlike the other buildings, Villa Margherita - to house the friends of the actor - can not be isolated by fencing. The flash of obbigo!

playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Villa Oleandra - George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 3 Empty VIDEO: DRIVING ROUND LAKE COMO PAST VILLA OLEANDRA

Post by Joanna Mon 13 Aug 2012, 22:49

These are the roads that George drives on around lake Como...no wonder he loves it
there so much Coolio

From the youtube...."A nice trip along the way to Laglio, passing by Villa Oleandra:
two thiefs trying to entering in George Clooney's villa..." ......Or paps ???

and....[i]"from 3:14 to 3:22 on the right side was Clooney's villa. And on 3:27 on the right side you can see his villa from the side. LOL
Laglio is Beautiful and KUDOS to George for buying villa there, excellent location."[
/i]

mmmmmm 3 years ago

Artist: Robbie Williams

Buy "Strong" on:

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 13 Aug 2012, 23:18

Thanks for the vid, Jo.
Those streets are very narrow, scarry.

Love the houses and scenery, just beautiful!
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 14 Aug 2012, 00:25

I think that one "thief" looks like Gio!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next